He Lives In You (COMP.)

By JadiMarrry

โ—YiZhan FFโ— "..I'm not him, Yibo and never will be..I've taken what's not mine and I will forever blame mysel... More

๐Ÿ’•INTRODUCTION๐Ÿ’•
1st Chapter: DREAM
2nd Chapter: IT'S YOU
3rd Chapter: UNCERTAINTY
4th Chapter: WE MEET AGAIN
5th Chapter: THE TALK
6th Chapter: GUILTY
7th Chapter: CONVICTION
8th Chapter: TRYING
9th Chapter: CAREFUL
10th Chapter: ADMITTING
11th Chapter: ENTHRALL
12th Chapter: SURPRISED
13th Chapter: DINNER
14th Chapter: THE MISTAKE
Author's Message
15th Chapter: LOVE OR YEARNING?
16th Chapter: VISITOR
OTHER CHARACTERS
17th Chapter: GLEAM
18th Chapter: HANKERING
19th Chapter: QUESTIONS
20th Chapter: PLEADING
21st Chapter: THE STORY OF US
22nd Chapter: ME AND HIM
23rd Chapter: HAPPY DAY
24th Chapter: CONFESSION
25th Chapter: LOVE NEVER DIES
26th Chapter: INTENTIONS
27th CHAPTER: CAVE IN
28th Chapter: TABLES TURNING
29th Chapter: HIS DREAM
30th Chapter: HEARTBREAK (Pt.1 of 2)
30th Chapter: THE RIFT (Pt. 2 of 2)
I'M SORRY (Auth. Message)
31st Chapter: NIGHTMARES
33rd Chapter: HIS LOSS
34th Chapter: INVITATION
35th Chapter: WEARINESS
36th Chapter: TRAPPED
37th Chapter: WHITE FLAG
38th Chapter: LETTING GO
Extra Chapter: UNTAMED
39th Chapter: TO MY DEAREST
40th Chapter: FAREWELL
SPECIAL CHAPTER: FOREVER
๐Ÿ’šTHANK YOUโค

32nd Chapter: IT'S YOU, AGAIN

1.8K 165 108
By JadiMarrry

"Mr Wang.."

"My umbrella, please.."

Mr...Wang? The stunned Yibo repeated in his mind, debating if he had heard the man standing in front of him with his arm stretched, say it right. Mr...Wang? He spoke again in his thought as his eyes wander the man's surface, contemplating if what he is seeing is real.

"Mr Wang.."

The other called again, but, Yibo's hearing doesn't seem to function as he continues to gape at the guy, who too was looking at him with a nonchalant expression. He felt dumbfounded and appalled that he almost wet his pants, still couldn't believe that he has returned, that his Zhan is finally back, and very much alive. He wanted to scream in joy, cry in desperation, spread his arms for him but, his feet wouldn't let him, and instead, remained to gaze at the person he had languished over for so long. His heart longed for this moment, for him to see Zhan again, kiss and embrace him again, interrogate him about his whereabouts, why he never came back for him, and most of all, ask him if he had missed him too. After looking at his ex-lover's face for so long, whose exterior didn't age even a bit and is still as beautiful as ever, a realization suddenly knocked at his senses.

Zhan looks like Zhan but doesn't. Yibo wondered endlessly at the man's aura, peering through his soul and trying to compare him to the person he once knew, however, he failed miserably. He found many dissimilarities, and most of them made him extremely surprised. One of which is Zhan's buff physique. He looks healthier and stronger, his chest became broader, with quite a few muscles noticeable even underneath his clothes, and the way he presented himself, proved distinction. Yibo felt glad in a way, he was happy to see Zhan looking well, but his ex-lover's burning authority made him somewhat, insecure.

Along with that, Zhan's grim expression made it harder for him to even move his lips. It was stuck together, stopping him to let out any word, that's why he couldn't answer him. Zhan's stare was rigorous, detached, not hateful, but relatively heavy.

The sight overwhelmed Yibo. God knows how he yearned and prayed for him to see Zhan again, how he wanted to end his life to be with him thinking that he died. He felt ashamed of how he wasted three years of his life with different men just to cope with the pain of losing the person he loves the most. He felt angry that nobody, not even Yuta's mother told him that he is alive after all. And, if he knew, he never would've stopped looking for him even if it cost him everything that he has, just to take a glimpse of Zhan's face again. Even if Zhan's family hates him, even if Yubin hates him, even if Zhan hates him like he deserves to be, he still would've taken the risk.

If only he knew.

"Mr. Wang.."

But, now that he is finally in front of him, all of it doesn't matter anymore. Seeing Zhan alive is more than enough, for now, at least.

"Mr Wang Yibo..!"

Yibo flinched to the yell of the man now glaring at him. He hadn't noticed how long he had been calling his name and all Zhan had to do was to utter it entirely to get his attention. Yibo's eyes flickered in shock. Zhan had never, ever yelled at him, not even once, but now, it seemed so easy for him to do. He gulped and looked down at the umbrella he was holding and looked up again at Zhan confusedly before handing back the thing to its owner.

"Uhm..yeah. Sorry..about..that. Here.."

"Took you forever, huh. Thanks.."

Zhan mockingly said and rolled his eyes at Yibo, as if ridiculing him which shocked the man to his core. He thought that only his appearance had transformed, but, he was mistaken. Even his attitude did. Then quietly, Zhan turned his back and started to walk away like Yibo is nothing but a stranger as if he had lost his memories to that time where he loved him more than anything, more than himself.

Yibo couldn't do anything but stare at Zhan with painful eyes as he was walking away from him. His feet were fused to the ground and he couldn't move. He wanted to run to him and stop him from going away again but his mind spoke differently from his heart. Doubts and fear orbited his already stiff body and all he could do was a whisper of the name he had honoured and treasured so well for the past years.

"Zhan..it's really you.."

A bit far away from Yuta's grave, there was a black car parked near a cherry tree. For some reasons, Yibo's eyes shifted in that direction and noticed that Zhan was walking towards it. Soon after, in the middle of Zhan's strides, a man came out from the car, wearing the same coat Yibo had seen earlier when he was at the restaurant, with sunglasses on, tall, gracefully thin, and even in a distant view, Yibo could see how incredibly good looking the man is. Then, he started walking to meet with Zhan with a big smile on his face. But, what hurts Yibo the most was when the two finally met halfway, the man embraced Zhan and lovingly kissed him on the lips which the other willingly accepted. Yibo's eyes bulged, his breathing suddenly halted, his chest tightened, and without realising it, his tears started to drop. He was right all along, they were the ones he saw outside that bookshop, the one he thought was someone else, the man he saw kissing his man on the cheek.

It was them, and he's crashed.

He watched them carefully while crying, and followed their every step with sorrowful eyes until both reached for the car. The man who he confirmed now as his ex's new lover, opened the car door for Zhan like a true gentleman and landed another kiss on him before both got in the passenger seat. Yibo then quickly looked away from the scene. He couldn't bear looking back, he had seen enough and he knew the possibility of running after Zhan is big so even if it hurts him greatly to see the man he loves so much go away with another man, he tried to endure it. There's nothing much to do anyway, for their story had ended already a long time ago. Worse is, it was his fault.

When he made sure that the car is no longer around, he sat on the bench with his knees shaking and continued to weep. He buried his face on his palms, his soul fuming in regret and anguish. Zhan was indifferent to him like he knew him only by his name.

Yibo recalled the first time he had met him. It was in the same place, same temperature, same setting. The only difference now is that the sweet, affectionate smile he was wearing then, is gone. It was no longer there, the smile that made him fall for him and that would make him weak on his knees is no longer alive. He did die, Yibo thought. The Zhan he once knew, had died. Maybe, it was right that he mourned him. The way Zhan acted towards him earlier was safe to say that he had already moved on from him, and nothing, not even the day when he thought that Zhan really died, is agonizing than when he saw him again, but with the arms of someone else.

Yibo cried and cried until his tears dried up on their own. The gloomy surroundings and those resting beneath the ground became his sanctuary and companion for that sorrowful moment, even for just a little while. Their deafening silence calmed his nerves for some odd reasons, probably because, they can never judge him or tell him how stupid he was for letting someone like Zhan go. They could never speak of that phrase "I told you so" to him which he had heard from his brother too many times already. They just let him cry it out and let the breeze become the wings as a replacement for that embrace he so wanted to receive that obviously, he can never feel again.

Then, all of a sudden, a shadow covered the area he was sitting on, followed by a familiar voice.

"Cried enough..?"

Yibo frowned at it and looked up, only to see the individual who he thought would never see again.

"Yubin..?"

Just like Zhan, Yubin also had the same cold eyes staring down at Yibo but, there is a difference, Yubin's has sympathy left for Yibo. Years back, when Yibo kept calling him asking for Zhan, he felt the man's regret so deeply that his conscience wanted to confess what happened to Zhan. At some point, he wanted to spill out the truth, but, Zhan's family were the ones who didn't want to. He hated Yibo for almost killing Zhan, but, he also knows that Yibo was hurt also. Love is nobody's fault, it was supposed to happen, it was their faith.

Besides, he saw how Zhan was hurt too. When he finally woke up from the coma and he cried because Yibo wasn't there. He knows how his best friend begged his parents to see Yibo again. How Zhan cried himself to sleep at night, missing his lover.

But, what made Zhan the way he is now is a different story.

Yubin sighed at the sight of Yibo being depressed and all and looked up at the sky which was becoming greyer by the minute, then looked down again at the confused man.

"It's about to rain. Coffee..?"

Yibo without complaints nodded. He stood up and both and Yubin and he said some prayer for Yuta then started wrapping the food again. After saying farewell to Yuta, they walked side by side in silence. They walked to their cars and Yubin instructed Yibo to follow him in which the other listened to without questions asked. Throughout the drive, Yibo's heart was pounding. Too many questions to ask Yubin but he wasn't sure if he will be able to ask any of them just because he felt like he doesn't have the privilege to do so. They drove quite far from the City and to what seems to be a private area. Trees surround the place, it is calming and secluded which Yibo liked. He doesn't know where they are since he doesn't go out that much, but he continued to follow Yubin from behind. Then after some time, they arrived at a small cottage which Yibo found fascinating, and beside it, stand a huge wisteria tree. Around the cottage, there were different colours of hydrangea sitting accordingly.

Both got off the car and immediately, Yibo's smile came out. He looked at Yubin in wonder and the man only smiled back at him, motioning him to follow him inside. He sauntered, eyes touring the place which seemed kind of familiar. He had seen it before, but couldn't remember where and when, he just knows he did. Before stepping in, he stopped by the door to look at the tree with hanging purple flowers swaying merrily with the breeze.

"Beautiful.."

"Yeah.."

Said Yubi who Yibo didn't notice was standing behind him also looking at the tree.

"Come on in.."

Yibo looked at Yubin and raised a brow.

"I thought we're having coffee..?"

Yubin chuckled at the wondering man and tapped his shoulder.

"We are. This is the place. Come on in.."

Yibo followed and took a step inside. And, upon entering, his eyes were immediately captured by the photo, hanging in the middle of the room. It was Yuta, the same picture he has in his room. His brows joined and instantly, he looked at Yubin in surprise.

"Where are we? Why is Yuta's photo in there?"

Yubin stared at him back but only let out a smile that irritated Yibo.

"Sit down first, Mr. Wang. I'll make you some coffee.."

Yibo attended Yubin's step meticulously until he made it to the kitchen. He roamed the room alone, finding more picture of Yuta everywhere he turns his head too. After a while, he got sick of it then sat down, and patiently waited for Yubin to return. Minutes after, Yubin went out holding a tray, and in it, 2 cups of coffee and 2 pieces of green tea cake.

"Here you go. Sorry for keeping you waiting.."

Yubin then sat down and served Yibo, but the other was just glaring at him, annoyed. After attending to his guest, Yubin's face changed from being cheerful to a serious one. He swallowed a small piece of the cake with a sigh and switched to Yibo who wasn't moving anything.

"Okay, shoot.."

Yibo scowled.

"What..?"

"Ask.."

Yibo then understood. He stayed silent for a moment, in doubt whether Yubin will tell the truth or not, but excited at the same time. He has been waiting for answers to a hundred questions that had been loaded up since Zhan disappeared from his life. And, it's time to know. He pressed his lips, regained his cool composure and looked at Yubin straight in the eyes.

"First, tell me where we're at. And, why did you take me here..?"

Yubin once again smiled and looked around.

"A coffeeshop.."

Yubin teased, but, Yibo wasn't having it. The man then sipped from his cup and returned to being serious.  

"It really is, Mr. Wang.."

"There's no one around except for us.."

"Closed for now.."

Yibo nodded and finally took a sip from his cup.

"Then, why is Yuta's picture all over the room..?"

"Let's start from the beginning, then we'll go from there.."

"Okay, then, what happened to Zhan..? Why did he disappear all of a sudden..? He's alive, but, why didn't he come back..?"

Yibo's is now impatient. He wants answers, and he wants them fast.

"Relax, Mr. Wang.."

"Sorry.."

"Okay. Zhan was transferred to a different hospital by his parents, in Shanghai. They were mad at you. They think that it was your fault that Zhan suffered a heart attack.."

"I know.."

"He stayed in that hospital for a month, still unconscious. His family were losing hope that he'll wake up again. There were complications and all and he almost died because of it, so, Zhan's heart doctor gave them another alternative.."

Yibo felt like crying again as he listened to Yubin's story. His heart ached for Zhan. It was his fault, really his fault that the man he loves so much has to go through that hardship.

"And what's that..?"

"To take off his life support, or travel someplace to meet another specialist. His heart doctor told us that if he goes, there's a 25% chance that he might wake up but, the remaining 75%, he might not. But, as parents, you take every chance you could get for your child, right? And, that's what they did. They took the risk.."

"Where did they take him..?"

Yubin again took a sip, thinking how he would break it to Yibo. He heaved a deep sigh and resumed.

"New Zealand.."

That far?! Yibo screamed in his mind. He slouched on the couch, thinking how distant Zhan really has been from him. Then, after a second of pondering, he sat straight again.

"Then, what happened..?"

"Well, as you saw earlier, he's alive. He had another surgery and after a week, he woke up.."

"And..?"

"You were the first one he asked for when he woke up, but, his parents wouldn't tell him anything. They didn't even allow Zhan to call you. He was still weak at that time, but, he kept begging. His parents instructed me to not tell you anything. They just did it for Zhan. You can't blame them. Zhan has been through enough. They can't lose him.."

"Did Yuta's family know..?"

"Yes. You understand, right..?"

"Hmm.."

Then, silence. Yubin stared at Yibo, pitying him, while Yibo stared blankly at his coffee.

"He's alive. That's what matters to me now.."

"You thought he died..?"

"Hmm.."

"Who told you that..?"

"Doesn't matter.."

Yubin nodded in acceptance.

"When did he come back..?"

"He stayed in New Zealand for a year to recover then, he came back home to Chongqing. Me and Yuta's family came to visit him there.."

Yibo furrowed. After a year? He thought. Then it him. That was the time that he heard someone talking about a certain Zhan that died of surgery. He thought that it was his Zhan, but he understood wrong. Everything was a mistake. And, that same time he went to Mrs. Nakamoto's house, the reason no one is around was that they left to go to Chongqing. 

"And.."

Yibo looked up to Yubin. Anticipating what the man is going to say next.

"Zhan came back here to see you.."

"He did..?"

"Yes, despite his parent's pleadings. Jie asked me to accompany him and I did. And, that's when we saw you.."

"What do you mean..? Saw me where..?"

"Outside your studio. Zhan wanted to see how you were doing so we waited in the car. After some time, you came out but, you weren't alone.."

Yibo paused, trying to remember what Yubin is saying.

"And, we saw that guy kissed you.."

Yibo facepalmed. He remembered it now. It was Jackson. He recalled that day when Jackson arrived at his studio after not showing his face for a long time because of the incident. They had a long talk and Jackson told him that he will soon leave to go work abroad. Then after that, he walked Jackson outside, hugged each other then it hit him, the guy indeed..kissed him.

"No, it was..

"Tell me honestly, Mr Wang. Have you cheated on Zhan with that guy..?"

Yibo couldn't answer the question, simply because he was guilty. He looked down in shame and Yubin understood.

"I see.."

"I'm sorry.."

"There's no need for that. As you said, it doesn't matter now. Anyway, I'm sure you saw him too..?"

"Hmm. Zhan seems happy with him.."

"He is. He's a great guy.."

"Where did Zhan meet him..?"

"Zhan was devastated when he saw you with that guy. After that, he returned to Chongqing and started to drown himself at work. Then after 5 months, he got a promotion and was transferred to Hongkong.."

"What's his name..?"

"Cheney. Cheney Chen.."

"Fancy.."

Yibo faked a smile, but, one could no longer hide the pain behind his tough personality any longer and his tears started jumping out of his socket again.

"You know Mr Wang, I was wrong to think that Zhan will be able to leave a normal life when Yuta gave him his heart.."

"Because it became a burden rather than a blessing.

"Zhan lost his identity, especially to you, Mr Wang. Keiko blamed him, Mei hated him, but you, of all people, made him feel like he was a criminal. I don't know how you guys can think about him that way, but, why does he have to endure all of that first before you understand that it wasn't his fault..? He didn't ask for it, it was willingly given to him, and, why does he have to face death first before you see his importance..?"

"You made him feel like he was the most horrible and disgusting human being that ever walked the planet. He cried to me all the time, Mr Wang, you know that..? I think you did, but, you didn't care, correct..? When he went to Shanghai, it wasn't for a business trip, it was a trip to see his heart doctor because he was feeling so sick, but, he couldn't tell you because he wasn't brave enough at that time to confess to you. But, you knew already about that, correct? You could've just confronted him the moment you found out, but no, you waited. Waited for what? For him to drop on his knees and apologise..? Apologise for what for goodness sake?! Even for just a minute, did you ever think why he couldn't tell you..?"

Yibo couldn't answer back from Yubin's sudden strike on him and just continued to weep like a child. His swollen eyes lingered on the floor, blurring because of the tears that continued to ooze from it. What Yubin was saying was the truth though and the man can longer hold back the emotion he was holding in for a long time. 

"No? Okay, let me tell you. Because he was scared of losing you. Why? Because he loved you. He loved you so much that he forgot to love himself back. You were everything to him, but, you were the opposite. You made him look like a fool, Wang Yibo.."

"You were hurt, I know, but, was it worth it..? Did you feel any sort of satisfaction when you were emotionally and mentally torturing him..?"

Yibo's tears approved of every word that Yubin said, and it sure ran through his heart like a knife.

"And, this cottage, Mr. Wang, was supposed to be a parting gift for you. You were wondering why it has Yuta's photos hanging everywhere. Well, when he went to Shanghai, he showed me a sketch that Yuta made. At the back, it says that it is your dream to have a coffee shop in an area like this so, he decided to fulfil that wish on Yuta's behalf and to pay back whatever "sin" you thought he committed, and then after, he will let you go.."

"But, that thing happened.."

Yubin's voice was sad, and Yibo couldn't believe his ears. Zhan, even after all he did to him, still thought of his happiness before his own.

"He's only human, and he could only take much before he breaks. He knows how important Yuta is for you and, he knew right there and then that he can never win against your first love. So.."

Then, Yubin grabbed something from his pocket and stood up. Yibo gaped at the man as he places a silver thing on the table.

"What's this..?"

Yibo asked, quickly wiping his tears away.

"The key to this place. It's all yours. Enjoy it.."

The other expressed while slowly stepping away without a glance. Yibo stood up as well in bewilderment.

"Why are you giving this to me now..?"

The man halted and looked back in a bleak manner.

"This is a parting gift, remember..? So, Zhan asked me to tell you to not bother him anymore. He's moved on and he is hoping that you do too.."

With all of that said, Yubin exited the room and left Yibo alone with swirling emotions circling him. He took his phone from his pocket, and with a shaking hand, dialled his brother's number. After a few seconds, the older answered.

"Kuan, he's alive.."

Haikuan didn't answer for a moment. Then..

"I know.."

Yibo froze.

"He's standing in front of me.."

TO BE CONTINUED...

--------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder what will happen next🤔

What do you think of Zhan's new lover? I chose him because I feel certain chemistry between the two (for this story), hope you're not too upset✌❤ And, I find him really handsome😂

Well, tell me what you think about this chapter, and see you on the next one!👋

Good Night loves❤💚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 1.5K 46
โ€ขContinuation of regretful pastโ€ข โ€ขthird book of this seriesโ€ข First book โ€ขhigh school mistakeโ€ข Second book โ€ขregretful pastโ€ข Third book โ€ขalways will...
308K 21K 16
You don't know how much a kid can be determined if you promised something. | A Short Story | [This is purely fiction, I don't intend to harm or offen...
4.2K 344 25
๐Ÿ’—Xiao zhan and Wang YIBO never sit on same boat โ›ต whenever they meet they........ always like to argue on small things.......in easy words they can'...
17.8K 1.4K 19
โš ๏ธAN IMAGINATION BY ME WITH NO CONNECTION TO THE REALITY OR INTENTION TO HARM THE IDOLSโš ๏ธ PLAGIARISM IS CRIMEโ—