The Legend of the Sargent

By carpboy009

The Ark was destroyed and with it, the threat of the Flood for the Galaxy. The Covenant splintered and disord... More

Protecting Innocents While Walking Blind
Rescuing Civilians with a Grin on his face.
Liberating a planet With it's people at his side.
Invading Geonosis with an army of injured
Surviving through Hells fire and unjust pain
Defending Kamino with a Rushed Sense of Purpose
Hunting the Hunters in a Planet of Death
Plans Ruined by Third Party Interference
Leadership's Tested with Espionage and Force
The Nightmares of War are Shared by All Soldiers
Proving Warriors and Soldiers aren't so Different
Pride meets Rage and Oracle's remain
Overzealous Rage VS Underestimated Duty
The Savage Interrogation with a Shadowed Future
Late Meetings of the Wisest in their Fields
The Slavery of Heroes While Chaos Brews
117th Operation: Frontline Blitz
Surpassing Rigorous Trails on Mortis
A Mere Man in the Midst of Primordial Power

Orion's Last against Mandalor's Best

5.3K 117 116
By carpboy009

In space, you can never really know what to expect when exploring. Whether it be the ancient unknown terrors of what is simply called "the maw" or the ruins of cultures long past. The fear of the unexpected can drive anyone down a road of paranoia that even the most stoic men can fall victim to if caught off guard.

The Sargent was not of such quality. After the years of experience he had in the field as well as suffering and experiencing his own terrors before, some of which were more ancient fact than mystery, he was accustomed to having to deal with the unknown before.

The unknown can not only lead to fear, but sometimes outstanding luck that he'd only ever known a super soldier to have in great amount. Yet he feels as though his is starting to run out slowly with time.

After Johnson and his men had dropped off the Republic War Criminal Savage Oppress in Jedi custody, he had left to go back to his ship. The topics discussed before hand leaving him mentally exhausted after the days events.

He was visited by the few Jedi he had known since his arrival in this vastly different galaxy... or was this just a different part of the galaxy? He still didn't know the way they write all that well, and considering Star charts were never easy to understand to begin with, he didn't get much help trying to learn where he was.

His men were currently eating in the mess hall of The SecondWind. He however was called back into the Jedi Temple, for his next mission. Not even a few hours back and he was getting thrown back into the fray, but this time it was playing baby sitter.

This next mission he was tasked with was to take place as guards for the first ever peace talks with the Separatists in an entirely neutral world of Mandalor. Considering he was given this mission by none other than, Plo Koon, Windu, Yoda and several other members of the Jedi council, with the noticeable lack of Kenobi and most other members, he took the chance to show the Jedi in the room he was still hot from their last encounter, so he wanted them to make it quick.

Short version of his orders? Babysit the Senators of the Republic while they negotiate with representatives of the Seperatists. One of the republics own being the Senator of Naboo, Padme Admidala.

On one mission he had taken with Skywalker over a year ago, in the middle of the republics war with the separatist droids, he had caught Skywalker in the middle of a holo call with the young woman saying their 'I love yous' and he, with the charisma of a five year old, gushed and overdramatized their shows of affection.

With hearty laughs he promised to never tell anyone of their secret marriage, and over time this became yet another reason for the respect earned by Skywalker and his political bride. The Senators all arrived and were practicing their talking points and speeches, Johnson and his cruisers captain Roy, stood at the ships ramp. Both talking about security detail and having ODST reinforcements at the ready to drop should the need arise. He was ready to do his job.

Yet when he was ordered to take the politicians to and from with a ship not his own, nor any drop ship he owned, he immediately was at odds with the Jedi Generals that out voted him. It took convincing from Skywalker himself but he was able to get over it and go along with the republic transport provided. Ashoka was even tasked with guarding them as well, representing the Jedi in the negotiations.

After all was said and done, they had loaded everyone into the cruiser and set their course for Mandalor.

The trip to the planet didn't take long. He had even gotten some basic trivia from Padme about their history. The unknown and rumored start of the culture starting along side humanity on courasaunt. Which he didn't believe in the slightest. To the basic understanding of their Neo Crusader wars to conquer the Galaxy however many thousands of years ago. To their more recent wars like the appropriately named 'Mandalorian wars'

But he also was told of their fairly recent new pacifist ways. So generally bringing up their past wars was frowned upon now. But he stored this for later as they dropped out of Slip Space- Hyper Space. Looked the same but completely different from where he stood. When exiting he took his first look at Mandalor.

The whole planet looked like a dessert from space. Apparently the constant wars on the planet had led it to a cataclysmic and apocalyptic went that nearly killed all life on the planet. With the exception of a few scarce jungles and pokeys of sea water, the surface was nothing but sand. Leaving the Mandalorians to either leave the planet with their clans, or retreat into domes cities, relying heavily on imports and outside help.

To Ashoka, Padme and the others, it was how it had always been for centuries. But to Johnson, seeing a planet tactically barren... practically glassed...

He shook his head. The Covenant weren't around anymore. It was just a planet lost in civil wars. Nothing to worry about. Steeling himself, albeit a little slow at first, he walked to the several republic senate guards in the room. He had grabbed his A-team of ODSTs and assigned them along side him. Leaving Captain Roy in charge of the ship, as per usual but with orders to not pull out until all Republic Senators are on board.

"Listen up." He states to the guards. "Standard procedure. Guards covering all flanks on route to the meeting. Stand behind your assigned Senator, and hope to god this goes smoothly." With his gruff voice slightly unnerving the senators who had yet to meet him.

"General." The Ulderan Senator gained his attention. "While we appreciate the added securities with your forces, the added fire power would only make us look more of a threat than representatives for peace. We ask that you and your men stay at the ship with the remaining Senate guard."

He had known about Bail for a small while. Having even less time around the man then he had with the Naboo Senator. But he knew a man with good motives when he saw one. And it looks like Organa was a goodie goodie through and through. The best intentions was always on his mind.

"If you think it's for the best then sure. But one wrong move and I'll have my men sent in to drag you out if need be." Johnson said. Nodding towards Potshot who loaded a charge pack into his IQA-11 blaster Sniper.

Organa, a little put off by the action, nervously spoke. "On that, I have no doubt. Hopefully it won't come to that."

"We are about to land. All final preparations initiated." The Courasaunt captain announced.

Johnson nodded and stayed put, pulling out his BR55 battle rifle. He had only up to now used his Sniper, silenced SMG and Magnum, his Shot Gun, and his unsilenced trusty Magnum. Which he dug up from under his bunk in his quarters on the ship to use for the mission.

Coy had all but pleaded with him to let them use the Warthog but he refused. It was a negotiation so loud and proud wasn't needed. However on that note, he noticed his men had started using more of his U.N.S.C gear. Silenced SMGs on the hip of all his men, an extra mag tucked away in their hip storage. 1 detonator and droid popper for each as well. However PotShot had his IQA-11 Sniper, Gunner had a DC-15A long rifle slung in his arms. Coy and Click deciding to go with the smaller DC-15S blasters and BugTrap having a grin on his face with the Silenced SMG and two DC-17 pistols on his hips. With an extra satchel charge he stuffed in his TacBag. Odds, merely went for the silenced magnum and one DC-17, his odds apparently were higher up when he was lighter. Go figure.

His men were ready for anything, after loading his mag and pulling the bullet in the chamber, he was too. But he knew he had to stay behind. He soon felt the ship land and the guards prepare to leave.

Padme nodded towards the Sargent. "We'll contact you and Captain Taggart when the negotiations are over."

"Copy that. Don't take too long now." Johnson answered and breathed out a sigh when the landing platform lowered onto the Mandalorian docks below. He was first one to walk down and see the world around him. The few citizens and Mandalorian guards saw him, some even stopping to point him out. Even on a planet he's never been, he's noticed. Couldn't blame them. Just that charming he supposed.

His BR at the ready, he awaited the Senators and his ODSTs to slightly catch up before the Mandalorian guards came in with a group transport to fly them to the palace for the talks. But as he looked out past the docks, into the barren landscape past the city... he couldn't help but feel a sense of dread and deja vu in an almost uncomfortable amount.

But he shook off this feeling and focused on the mission at hand. He needed to forget about it and just move forward... like on Harvest... just keep moving.

He nodded at the guards and allowed them to move onto the transport and off into the city, leaving only a few Mando guards and republic guards, with him and his men.

"Alright troopers. Fan out. Potshot, BugTrap, I want you on the balcony above. Your my eyes in the sky. Gunner, Click. Take the North Platform. Coy, Odds, the South. I'll keep guard here at the Entrance. Have a little smoke break." He said and pulled out his cigar for clarification. The ODSTs just snorted or chuckled. "Keep all eyes open and keep chatter down. This is a peace talk but these robots aren't all too fond of any screwing around. We've got our frigate in system but Republic reinforcements are ready if called. I want this place locked down."

"Yes sir. We're on it." Click confirmed, putting on his helmet and having its digital visor drop down, covering his face in the silver mirror of the ODST helmet.  He watched his men separate, Potshot and BugTrap jogging to make it to their spot faster, meanwhile Johnson decided to lean against the ship, light his cigar and take a puff.

It was running shorter and shorter, so smaller puffs are all he could afford. If he hadn't left the other one in that ship with Grievous he wouldn't have had this problem to begin with. Plus he doubted anyone in this galaxy could make a good Cuban so here he was.

He took one last puff, allowing the flavor to tingle his lips and the put out the snub of tobacco. He holstered the BR and walked over to the edge of the landing platform. Out into the white sands of the planet. It was almost too warily similar but so different to past worlds. Camber, Dwarka, Kholo, Troy... Reach... Harvest. So many worlds. So similar but so different. He's be almost mesmerized if it was different circumstances.

A little while had passed and the Sargent had walked up to one of the Mandolorian guards and had brought up a conversation. Asking about the planets history. He was almost surprised about their enthusiasm to explain it. Their warrior history as well as their recent turn of pacifism. It was only a small dig into it but he learned more about the past with Mandolorians fighting against the Jedi.

He even learned that it was the Jedi themselves who outlawed 'scatter guns' to begin with... good thing they didn't know he brought one to their temple. He already had a problem with them from earlier, he didn't need anything added on top of it.

But before he knew it his comm started to go off. "Scuse me boys." He said to the guards, who only nodded in understanding before returning to their duties. "Johnson here."

"Johnson, it's Ashoka. I'm heading back to the ship with a Seperatist defector, but we've got Clankers inbound. Start up the transport."

"Copy that." He then sighed. "Of course."  With a jog to his step he made his way towards the Corasaunt captain Taggart. While simultaneously activating the comm channel for his men. "Captain, just got off comms with the commander, she's on her way with a friendly and got bogies in bound. Set up defenses along the entrance."

"Yes sir general!" He shouted, nodded towards his own men and took up defensive positions.

"You boys hear that?" He asked into the comm.

"Yes sir. We're inbound, Odds, Coy, cover the left flank." Click barked out. Johnson then went into the ships engine and pressed the big blue button that started up the engine. He then turned around only to see Skywalkers little blue robot sitting there. It beeped out some different chirps but he still had no clue.

"Commander Tano is on her way with a defector, do me a favor, when they get on board, take off would ya?" He asked. He heard a chirp that sounded like an 'okay' but didn't know. Pulling out his BR, he waited down on the ramp, where he got on one knee and aimed down the scope, the familiar BR crosshair gracing his vision was almost nostalgic in a way.

Almost a minute later, with two guards running closer to the door, Ashoka was seen running out with another boy, human from a glance, making a B-line straight for the shit. Right as they did, 3 commando droids popped out of the same door, with two down before Johnson himself took out the third, the familiar sound of PotShots sniper, being drowned by Johnson's own 3 round burst. The head of the commando droid exploding into pieces.

Several more droids sprinted past and started firing into the guards, Johnson taking aim and shooting at 2 before the Jedi and defector ran past, only for Johnson to push him down and take a blast to the shoulder for the boy and continue firing.

Ashoka picked him up and they both got back inside. Johnson took out another droid when he saw Coy's near whole black painted armor sneak around a corner, stab one commando droid in its back while using his blaster pistol to take out another, before shooting the droid he stabbed in the head, destroying it instantly.

"Odds! Get the door!" Said trooper nodded and held up his SMG and focused fire. Several small bursts of armor piercing rounds tore through two droids, while one was dropped by droid popper thrown by a Senate guard.

"Sir, you must get the defector off planet!" Johnson's comm went off. Clicks channel sparked in his wrist. "If the clankers are willing to break peace talks to get him he must be important. Don't worry about us, we'll have the Second Wind come pick us up once we've collected the Senators."

Johnson was about to respond but suddenly he felt the ship move with him still on the ramp. "I don't really have a choice. I'll contact Captain Roy to pick you up. Protect the Senators and bring them back to Corasaunt! I'll be there waiting for you." He hollered as the ramp started to raise slowly blocking his view.

The last thing he saw was the sight of Click, Gunner, Coy, Odds all shooting at the entrance of the landing pad where more commando droids had entered. He witnessed Click's armor giving him a small salute before firing into the fray once again.

The ramp closed and sealed the ship. Pressurizing the inside of the ship as he felt the ship take off into the air. He waisted no time contacting his ship. "Johnson to Roy, come in"

"Go General." The captain answered

"The Seperatists had a last minute defector and now they're attacking our men. I'm in the transport with the commander and the defector but the Senators and our men are still down on planet. Give them a lift and head for Corasaunt. I'll be there waiting."

"Understood sir. We're on route with transport and reinforcements. See you home General."

"Copy that. Johnson out." He clicked off and slightly rested his head he pulled off his U.N.S.C cap and tucked it into his own Tech Pack. Walking over towards the storage lockers in the back of the transports. Placing his BR and Magnum both into it along side his helmet that he had left there before they landed.

He heard a small commotion coming from the cockpit but figured Ashoka and the defecting kid to be just talking. He rested his head against the wall before releasing his breath. That firefight wasn't even bad yet it took the wind out of him. His leg was feeling sore and he felt the phantom pain of when he was stabbed with jagged metal.

Republic ships just love to fall out of the sky. He took another long breath when the sound of a static shock filled his ears, he noticed the small blue Robot slowly make its way there and he just ignored it.

He gently closed his eyes as he ignored how his body felt but got up anyway, making his way towards the cockpit. There he was behind the blue droid. He saw Ashoka sitting limp on the chair and instantly was alert again.

"Relax. Please. She must've been quite exhausted. She probably should sleep it off." The kid explained but he knew her. She wouldn't just pass out like that.

Johnson, not one to trust his words so easily eyed him with caution. He once again tried shaking Ashoka awake, but before he could say anything he was interrupted by the droid, chirping and beeping fast. He looked back towards the kid with a small blaster pistol in his hand.

Johnson instantly went to strike but the kid dodged his slow punch only to be shot in the chest. The static feeling in his chest warned him he was being stunned but the armor resisted most of it. The stun blast knocked the remaining wind out of him as he watched him stun the droid who was frantically using tiny arms to do something, but was too late.

The Sargent groaned as he looked at the kid once again, only to watch him punch the ship into hyperspace.

The last thing he saw was the stun blast hitting him once again as the stars stretch, his unconscious form traveling faster than light.

—-09090-0-9-9909-9-0-9-0-0-9090009-0-0990-

Grogginess isn't anything new to a soldier. Whether it be waking up in a humid environment like a jungle, or after having a couple drinks short of a hangover. The feeling of grogginess is considered by most, simply an annoying feeling when waking up.

Yet when your head is pounding and your chest feels tight, groggy isn't what you focus on. The Sargent opened his eyes and with a groan, slowly got up from the seat of the cockpit. He he looked out the window, squinting at the brightness of the outside. Realizing he wasn't on Corasaunt, he tried to see out into the snowy environment he found himself in.

There were almost a dozen figures outside, most of them were in an armor he wasn't familiar with. He saw what looked like Ashoka and that kid, standing in the middle. The blue robot slowly making its way towards them.

He turned back and made his way towards his locker once again, opening it and finding his weapons and ODST helmet untouched. Holstering his magnum and checking his ammo, he grabbed the helmet and placed it on, dropping the visor down covering his face. He placed the BR in his hands and walked towards the ramp, ready to step in. As the ramp lowered the cold air outside blew in, already putting a chill down his spine.

The ramp lowers and he jogs off only to watch as everyone, Ashoka included, fly off in a land speeder. He zoomed in using his BR scope only to see Ashoka look back. She had a worried look but didn't make any motion toward him otherwise. In an instant he knew he couldn't shoot but he looked around at his surroundings, keeping his head moving.

Nothing moved except the gentle, brisk breeze of the outside cold. His black and grey armor in deep contrast with the light pink of the trees and white snow on the ground. The sun was still in the sky, but covered behind a thick white layer of clouds. But he didn't know where the hell he was. He needed to get to Corasaunt, link up with his men. But he couldn't leave Ashoka here.

This could've been a trap. Separatist 'defector' promising intel on his ex leaders only to double cross them at the last second. It was the only reasonable thing he could come up with, but then why was there people grabbing them and not droids.

And since when did people outside military have jet packs! He knew of ODSTs back in the U.N.S.C for EVA missions or black ops missions in high level regions. But these packs lifted those people up continuously.

With nothing left for him at the ship and a clear objective in mind, the Sargent took the pace of a jog towards the direction of his friend.

Skywalker would probably kill him if anything happened to her. Though he knew she could take care of herself, despite being so young, he knew she was in a bad situation. A little help never hurt anybody. Besides he owed it to the kid, being forced to fight a war she had nothing to do with... just another thing added the the growing list of faults he saw in the Jedi as a whole.

He jogged with rifle in hand not wanting to be ambushed in case they saw him. His pace never faulting but his shivers growing more apparent. His armor kept him a little warm and well protected, but he was freezing his ass off in whatever cold planet he was on. With the snow picking up to add on top.

"Just my damn luck" his grumble only heard by himself as he jogged down the path of the snow covered Forrest around him.

——0-9-0-9-09900-99-9-9-0-9-999-0-09-9-0-99

It wasn't until late in the evening, several hours have passed since his arrival and he was getting more and more pissed about his situation.

He always was prepared for a rescue mission if those talks went sour but he didn't think he'd be completely off planet of those talks, rescuing the Jedi guard, alone, in the cold.

He tried calling for comms on his way but his small comm wasn't connected towards the shuttles communications, nor did he bother to check them while he was back there. A misstep on his part but one he was man enough to admit. He wasn't getting a response from Ashoka, not even static. So it was either smashed or off.

Probably both.

The Sun's beautiful golden glow of the horizon was making a pleasant pink sky as the sunset shined towards his left side, but soon it dropped allowing the planets pitch black sky covered, dotted even, in the quintillion stars of the galaxy he found himself in.

He'd take his helmet off to appreciate the view if his fingers weren't turning blue in the cold. Note to self, combat gloves with fingers are his new go to.

Several more minutes passed as he took another short break to catch his breath, he wasn't this winded since boot camp. Nearly 60 years ago now... times were so much simpler. Back then he was a young kid trying to make meaning in his life during hard times.

Now he's hiking in the snow trying to rescue an alien teen wizard because of a betrayal right under his nose.

He took another long breath and looked up, until a fluttering light caught his attention. Off in the distance, he could see the natural orange color of fire. Where there's fire, there's usually people, but more importantly, warmth.

But it was cutting through the already thick Forrest and even deeper snow now from the passed snow storm. A chance he was willing to make as he hiked through the deep snow once again.

As several more minutes passed and each step was more and more exhausting, taking more strength he was loosing with each step. Eventually he did make it to the tree line and kneeled down, the snow up to his thighs at this crouched position. Around him were wooden huts. More like actual homes, that if he was crazy, looked like they had an ancient Asian design. Almost Imperial Chinese in design, lacking the distinct reds and golds in favor of dark brown woods resembling the neighboring trees.

What looked like cloth made sails were on the peaks of each other building, slowly turning with the now died down wind from the past snow storm. Small flames of torches were placed along the columns of a main gate several meters to his left, as well as every home's front door. Several more along what looked like the village's square lite up the area beautifully, not missing a speck of land as the people were walking out of their homes.

This got him to back up behind another tree. They all were heading to what looked like the town hall, in the center. Each passing person looked as if they were of Asian decent, faces and even the clothing make it more obvious.

Non of them were armed and there didn't seem to be any guards. No droids from the look of it. What confused him more was the lack of the people in the blue armor. No sign of them among the people either. They were either inside somewhere or this place wasn't what he was looking for.

But by now his thighs were probably blue from the snow and his fingers nearly lost all feeling from being exposed to the cold for several hours and his BR was as cold as it could be without breaking apart. He magnetized it to his pack and took a risk.

Rubbing his fingers together he got up with a groan and trudged through the snow several steps until he makes it into the clear ground of the village. Freshly swept from snow from the look of it.

As he passed one home and into the open, several citizens spotted him, gasping at the sight of the intruder. Johnson slowly nodded, putting hands up in the universal sign of non hostility.

As he did more and more citizens spotted him and stopped, a couple rushing inside the central building. He took a couple steps forward, and slowly took off his helmet, allowing the cold outside to see his sweat covered head from his hike.

He instantly regretted it, the cold causing great discomfort but he held back his breath.

Several moments later, three of the village's men exited from the central building, one with big twin hair braids and a head piece that admitted to rank.

Johnson's face slowly smiled as he held his helmet to his side. Before he could say anything the man spoke. "Who are you? Why have you come here?" Spoken a little too hostile for his likening but Johnson really wanted to sit down, better not to piss them off.

"Name's Johnson. Avery Johnson. Was looking for a friend when I found this place." He admitted to them.

"Are your friends the same Mandalorians who came before?" The man asked cautiously. Johnson chose his next words carefully.

"If these Mandalorians wear that blue armor, they took my friend a couple hours ago. Like I said, I was trying to find them, but instead I found you."

"You marched through the snow on your own? Even during the storm?" The man now asked with a slight smile of amusement. The previous hostility now faded.

"Wasn't going to stay at the ship." Johnson then gripped his left hand. His fingers felt like they were going to fall off. If they didn't have frost bite by now he would be surprised.

Having seen the pain from it, the man spoke again. "I am Pieter. Chieftain of this village. If you're friend was taken by the Mandalorians, then I believe it will be difficult for you to get to her now. She will be held by them in their camp. Half a days walk to the West." At this Johnson sighed, more hiking. "However," he continued. "I had already been their, they have vowed to bring us back the people they have taken from us as well."

"They kidnapped other people?" The Sargent instantly questioned.

"They arrived some time ago. Taken our women, demanded our food and threatened us if we did not give either. My granddaughter was among the women who was taken. When I arrived earlier today, I saw them using our women as mere servants. But who knows what they've done to them behind closed doors." The Sargent knew what he was referring to.

"You said they had them as servants. Did they have another girl their. Young, had orange skin, white tattoos on her head?" He asked. Not wanting to admit he forgot what exactly Ashoka was.

"Do you mean the Togruta?" That was it. "She was their serving a younger boy. Clearly not one of the Mandalorians, but was in league with them none the less. I saw her serving him at the table with Pre Vizla himself."

Johnson, tightened his grip again but was happy to hear she was at least fine for now. "And you said they were coming back tomorrow?"

"They said at Sunrise, yes. I can only hope he keeps his vow." The Chieftain slowly shook his head. "We must not worry for now, as worrying will only make us distracted. Come. Let us get you some food and bring your strength back. You are shaking like a mad man." At this Johnson looked down at his free hand. It was slightly trembling in the cold now, he definitely lost feeling in his fingers now and was likely to have frostbite.

He accepted hastily and all but jogged towards the center building where he sat down on a wooden bench near a table. The Sargent slowly took off the combat gloves and placed them in the table. He rubbed his hands together, allowing warmth to be felt in his hands, but they still stung with the frostbite.

He blew into them as he hovered over himself. The fires inside the building immediately gracing his skin with its presence of warmth. The Chieftain had motioned for someone to come forward and a man walked up with a bowl of some food. The next few minutes were in relative silence as he ate the food and attempted to warm himself.

He finally nodded and thanked the men before and turned towards the Chieftain. "So you said they'd be here at Sunrise. What makes you think they can be trusted?"

"There is nothing we can do but hope." The village chief answered. "Please get some rest. Tomorrow when they arrive, perhaps they will also bring your friend as well."

Johnson watched as he left to go to the outside and speak to the people. He looked down in thought for the coming events. He knew they'd be coming and as far as he knew, they didn't know about him. He'd have to be careful about this.

He looked at his helmet that sat on the table. The silver visor reflecting in the rooms fire light.

He knew what he needed to do as he grabbed the helmet.

-09-9-0-9-0-0-9-9-0-999009-0-0-0-0-909-9-09-90

The morning came and Johnson was already up before the sunrise. He had decided to let the Chief know he was going to stay hidden. He simply said it was to make sure they didn't see him as a threat. The easily trusting Chief excepted the answer, seeing logic behind it, as he and several others remained outside to watch for the transport of the Mandalorians.

Meanwhile, Johnson walked to the back of the house, using a crate, climbed to the roof. He slightly slipped from the wood but kept his weight on the roofing. He slowly climbed up the wood and laid back. Keeping his helmet just hidden, while turning on the recording feature.

Might as well send this back to his base when he gets back.

An hour later, the sun had risen slightly higher in the air and he pulled out his BR. He used the scope to look off past the gate. In the distance he saw a small white cloud traveling towards the village, and 2 land speeders making their way ahead with a speeder bike on their tail. It wasn't until he saw several figures in jet packs above them when he got worried.

He focused and saw the same kid from the day before, the same one who put him into this mess in the first place. He saw Ashoka, and a small group of women looking like villagers. He ducked and kept his body hidden. A couple minutes later, he heard the speeder pull to a stop. As he was hidden on the roof of the central building, he was concealed from them, but he could still hear the words spoken below.

"You have kept your word." The Chieftain's elder voice spoke. "We are very grateful for your understanding." Just then, the sounds of multiple jet packs could be heard around. Both on Johnson's left and right. A small peak showed him they were on the rooftops of surrounding buildings in the plaza.

One, a woman in the same blue armor, landed exactly in front of his hiding spot on the roof. How she didn't see him he didn't know nor care.

He peaked up again and saw a man in similar armor walk up to the Chieftain but he was different. This one had small markings on his armor in a slight yellow, and small yellow horns painted on the top of his helmet with two entena on the sides. What looked like another entena on his jet pack was seen.

He was clearly the leader of these Mandalorian people, but what Johnson didn't know, was if these people were Mandalorians... why was the Mandalorians he knew on their planet all about peace? When these guys look ready for war? Why the hell did they even take prisoners in the first place?

He looked down and noticed Ashoka staring right at him in surprised shock. He slowly shook his head, silently telling her not to do anything yet.

The leader grabs a young girl by her arm, dragging her along side him and shoved her towards the Chieftain. "I am a man of my word." He spoke. His voice muzzled and staticed by the helmet he wore. He reached toward his back and grabbed the entena, pulling it out of the jet pack. "Here is your granddaughter." With a small flick of his hand, it activated.

A sharp ended black blade of light morphed to life. Johnson immediately was tense and gripped the BR. Just as he was about to jump out, the man spoke again. "As promised!" And he lunged for the Chieftain.

In that moment, time slowed for Johnson. He had only felt this sensation in battle several times before in the war with the covenant. Everything seemed to just...slow down. He was able to move faster than the others, and pick his shot.

He moved his body out of cover, and took aim. In the fraction of time, the man was about to pierce the body of the granddaughter who moved to protect her family. With a small breath, a single three round burst shot out from his rifle.

Time resumed, and Johnson watched the man recoil from the shot. His arm now sling to his side and the new lightsaber dropped to the ground. All heads and eyes swung towards his position, yet only the Sargent made another move. Shooting the woman in front of him, now labeled a target for him. Another three round burst and then another, hit the armor she wore and had her stumble back and slip off the building.

Whatever armor they wore was thick and could absorb the impact of his bullets. They weren't armor piercing rounds but, he knew to place his shot between armor plates. Just like the covies.

Another Mandalorian fighter to his right lifted his blaster towards the Sargent but two more bursts hit their mark, two bullets managing to find the targets neck as the rest hit the metal plating.

—0-9-9-0-9-0-9-0-9009-9-9-099-0-099-0-00-9-0-

Vizla watched in slight horror as he watched his warrior grab his neck, gargle a terrified shout as he dropped from the rooftop and land, dead from the impact and blood flowing out of the brutal neck wound.

With a roar of bloodlust, he shouted. "Kill them! Kill them all!" And like that, several of his men started blasting the new comer. Several others set the surrounding buildings on fire with their flame throwers.

As if on cue, Ashoka had tried to move up but two Mandalorian warriors held her back. She watched as two other warriors from the ground flew up to find their target, who had already gotten away from the mass infernos.

Vizla growled but he grinned. A warrior worthy of a hunt if he was able to kill even one of his men. He watched as villagers tried to flee and motioned more warriors to hunt them down. "Why? What are you doing?!" Lux Bontteri asked in slight horror at what transpired.

"Never. Let the weak tell you what to do." Vizla said, wrapping his arm around the boy and waving his Saber towards the blazing inferno. "Welcome to Death Watch." He proudly announced as he basked in the warmth of the fires, even if his arm was bleeding from a wound on his wrist.

Suddenly he heard several more bursts from the same slug thrower he saw that bounty hunter use before. His comm sparked with a voice of one of his subordinates. "Boss! This Bounty Hunter's picking us off! He's taken out another warrior!" Vizla merely scoffed. "Then take him down! But keep him alive. I want to kill him myself."

Ashoka, having witnessed a Mandalorian soldier almost burn several villagers alive, jumped to action by summoning the force to pull a sharp pipe laying nearby from the destructing and throwing it into the body of a Mandalorian commando. He dropped dead to the ground with a gasp of pain, then silent.

Surprising Ashoka with a grunt, Vizla soared overhead with his lightsaber active. She attempted to block but it was in vain as the blade of pure light energy sliced through the pipe in her hands as easy as slicing paper.

She flipped back but was suddenly caught with a cable wrapping around her right arm. Then another on her left. Two more cables were felt wrapping around her torso and her legs, bringing her down to the snow covered dirt.

"Now what do we have here?" The leader of Death Watch walked up, lightsaber ignited as he looked around his warriors. "I think we've caught ourselves a Jedi!" Vizla looked towards his men holding the cables. "Drag her back to camp! You four!" He quickly pointed to two men and women of his cause. Find that bounty hunter. Bring him back alive." Several nods and they took off into town, the other group with Vizla and Bonterri taking off towards camp.

The four Mandalorian Commandos had their blaster rifles at the ready as they steadied into a walking pace, a diamond perimeter. They saw several villagers rush into their homes but paid them no mind. Their target was either out of the village by now or hiding.

"What should we do?" The first one asked. His eyes pointed upward towards the rooftops. "Between you and me? I say we burn the rest of this place. Make our job easier."

The second, a woman, elbows him. "The Boss will have your life if he hears we killed this guy before we deliver him. Besides, we don't have the fuel for the flamethrowers to burn this whole place."

"We'll then any ideas?" The third one asked. Her faceplate tilted with her rifle as they stopped.

The second Mandalorian spoke again. "We saw what this guy can do, even with slug throwers, he took out several of our warriors with precision shots. Stick together, keep on the love in combat. His armor is resistant to blaster fire so consecutive hits should bring him down."

"Gotta admit". The fourth Mandalorian spoke with a gruff voice compared to the younger ones. "Haven't seen anyone use slug throwers in a few years. Let alone kill one of us with one. Pretty rare these days."

"It's not like this guy is anything to gawk at. We take him to the boss and we'll be eating dinner in no ti-" suddenly they all heard a couple small *tink* noises. Looking down they see a small circular object roll in between them. Green in color with square patterns running around it, but reminiscent of a thermal detonator.

The second Mando was the first to react. "GET-" however she was too late as an explosion blasted each one multiple feet away. The bodies lay motionless until the second Mandalorian gasped for air.

Her visor was covered in dirt and blood and the pain on her torso and legs was unbearable. She hauled her body over to her back and reached up, taking off her helmet. Her pale white skin and buzzed brunette hair exposed to the cold air. She looked toward her comrades in horror as their still bodies refused to move. Some had their uniform armor coated in nothing but snow covered mud and blood. One she couldn't even see her but knew she had taken more damage due to the lack of helmet on her armor.

Slowly she reached up and pressed on her communicator and spoke with immense pain. But as she did so, she caught sight of the one who cause all of this and her horror rose when his weapon was seen in his hands. Aiming at her.

-0-9-0-9-9-9-9000990-9-0-0-9-9-099-9-99009-90

Johnson grimaced under his helmet and sighed sadly. While he neutralized his targets, he did so in a gruesome way.

While he had no problem with blowing up Brutes or Grunts, he'll he even enjoyed it some, he never liked to kill his fellow man. Even if they were insurrectionists. But here he had no choice. A grenade was the best way to end it quickly. He climbed out from behind the alleyway he was hiding in and approached towards the Mandalorian survivor. He watched her pull off his helmet and aimed his rifle when she went to raise her arm.

He watched her freeze and look at him like he was a monster. Another feeing of dread hit his core but he buried it and walked forward. He saw her drop her arm and continue to stare.

He waited ten seconds until he lowered his weapon. His silver ODST visor glimmering in the midday sunlight and fired of the nearby buildings. The sound of villagers rushing and shouting off in the distance was nearly blurred out by the tense silence between them.

He approached her once more and was only a few steps before he magnetized his Battle Rifle on his pack. He kneeled down to face her and slowly took off his own helmet. Her eyes widened in more surprise than horror at the sight of the old veteran Marine.

It was another tense few seconds before he asked her his question. His gruff voice causing her to jump. "Where are they taking my friend?" He asked slowly. He waited but soon her eyes furrowed into a hateful frown.

"That J-Jedi will be dead b-before y-you can s-s-save her." Her trembling voice answered him. If it was her shortened breath or the cold affecting her he didn't know, but Johnson needed more info.

"Just tell me where they're taking her." He asked looking deep into her eyes. A knowing look she immediately understood was her last chance to give any kind of help. "Please." He asked quietly.

"A-an enemy who s-shows comp-pass-sion on the battle f-field is w-weak. W-who-who are y-you?" She demanded. Her stuttering causing her to breath more and more.

Johnson glanced down at her comm on the wrist she dropped and saw a flashing light, quickly he assumed she was broadcasting. But she demanded again. "A w-warr-rrior's d-death... demands th-that w-warrior's last w-wi-wish b-be g-grant-ted. Who. A-a-are y-y-you...?" She demanded again. And now he knew why she was asking.

The right approach would be to deflect the answer and demand she answer, but here she was, a bloody mess of a body on the verge of death. Demanding her last wish? He never met anyone like this before in his whole life yet here he was. Experiencing servitude and loyalty to whoever she was with. These Mandalorians.

He sighed again and just looked at her and for a few brief seconds weighed his options. He couldn't just ignore something like this. This whole day had been too much for the Veteran Marine but he knew it wasn't over yet. So with a breath he spoke to her.

"Johnson. Avery Johnson." He gave her the bare minimum but by the satisfied look in her eyes, it was enough.

She took another long breath and pointed in front of her. "W-we have a-a c-camp. W-west o-of here. S-speeder at th-the gat-te. T-they w-will kn-know you're c-coming." She said and took another breath. "A-Avery... J-Johnson..." another breath. Her last. "Y-you a-are... n-no B-bounty h-hunter... b-but... a... w-warrior... I-I... S-see that... now..."

Her head slowly dropped back as he listened to the last of her breath leave her lungs. Her now brunette eyes still open, stared up into the pink sky with nothing focusing them. The person behind them dying and leaving them unfocused and blurry.

Johnson sighed once again before looking up. Some of the fires had died down and he knew he had to leave to find Ashoka and soon. If he took their speeder then he might make it. He looked back down to her and closed her eyes with his hand. He whispered himself a prayer for her before he stood up.

With a look of determination and solemn peace, despite regret for his actions, he placed the ODST helmet on his head and grabbed his Battle Rifle and took off in a Jog toward the village gate. Making sure the village residents were safe and secure before taking off.

Little did the Sargent know, a Mandalorian helmet was recording everything that had taken place in that street. And broadcasted it to the very source He was heading to.

—-9-0-9-0-9-9000-9-9-0900-9-0-90990-0-0-909

Vizla looked at the recording that he had acquired in his tent. They had arrived in camp not long ago and he tried to comm his Commandos who he tasked with finding the bounty hunter responsible or killing three of his warriors before getting away.

When he got no reply he rushed to the tent to see he had gotten a holographic message from one of them. It was one of his women covered in wet dirt and blood. Her helmet off, facing her to record the message. Next to her was the very man who must've killed her. In his head he was fuming at the sight.

Another bounty hunter stealing his people's weaponry, their birthright Beskar armor! But as he listened to her dying words and his gruff yet remorseful voice, he caught the name of his target.

Avery Johnson.

A name he's heard thrown around before but had no reason to pay attention to. He'd do further research on him but for now he watched. Making sure the two guards in his tent were witnesses to it as well.

Then he heard his own Mandalorian Warrior call him not a bounty hunter... but a warrior. The newly named target close the dead's still open eyes and then walk out of frame.

Vizla looked towards his men in thought before smiling. "Make preperations for his arrival. I'd like to challenge this 'John's Son' in person. But first bring the Jedi to the prisoners tent. Double her guard. Drag Mr. Bonterri there too. I'll deal with them in a moment." The two guards nodded and walked out, leaving Vizla to his thoughts.

He looked back towards the Hologram and looked upon the face of the warrior once more. Then he noticed something. A symbol on the armors breast plate.

U.N.S.C

A story to be told after all. He grabbed his own helmet and walked out of the tent. Anticipating the arrival of his new challenge.

-0-9-0-9-0-9-90-0-9-9-0-0-9-00-0–90-9–90-9-9-9

Johnson had little experience driving the hover vehicles known as speeder. Put him in a Ghost or even a Banshee and he'd be fine, but these things were finicky at best.

But he was able to at least keep it stable for the most part until nightfall. Activating his visor mode, he watched the outlines digitally make out the outlines of the surrounding trees and ground of the path. As he came to a turn he saw the path widen and saw in the distance several tents and fires light up the darkened sky.

He pulled up on the handles and slowed his Speeder down until it came to a stop. He left it on the path but a distance away from the camp. He hopped out of the speeder and grabbed his Battle Rifle from the passenger seat. But looking in the rear seating, the Sargent spotted what looked like one of the Mandalorians blaster pistols.

It was more angled and rectangular in shape, but small and sleek in design. He grabbed it and had it holstered to his lower back. Hidden under a small armor plate. On him now was said blaster pistol, his silenced Magnum, that he had yet to use, and his trustworthy Battle Rifle.

He pulled out his silenced magnum, loading a bullet in the chamber, he watched the distant light of flames cut through the snowy winds. Another snowstorm was coming. "More cover but damn this cold..." The War Vet grumbled to himself. He marched out towards the snow covered wilderness behind the tree line.

His timing couldn't have been better as several minutes later into his march, he looked up to see two figures fly overhead, heading towards his speeder. He continued his march until he could make out tents coming up on his Visor HUD.

His Magnum now aimed with his ammo counter reading full, he slowly advanced. The snowstorm was now in full swing and darkness had taken the sky hours before. He was early invisible to the eye if he kept his distance. He was now at the tree line and could make out figures in the flames of a large bonfire and smaller lanterns surrounding makeshift tents and ships that made up the camp. Three ships in total acting as cover over the tents.

Mandalorians all wandered around their camp. Each in their tell sign armor, their helmets signature T shape visors glimmering almost menacingly in the flames light. To his left we're several smaller tents. One of the ships ramps having been lowered as several Mandalorians walked into said ship. To his right, a large tent, unlit and more ragged than the rest. Best place to start.

He slowly advanced, sticking to the dark corners and shadows. His footsteps hidden by the sound of wind and snow. He rounded the corner of the tent when a Mandalorian walked right in front of him, yet walked past and close to the tree line. He leaned into the wall of the tent, keeping him shadowed as he listened. A voice beyond the tent spoke out loud enough to be heard.

"Forget about the droid! Come on back, we got plenty more to scrap tomorrow!" Johnson watched as the other one turned to face his companion. Still unaware of the Marine's presence.

"This one is the one I brought back. I'm not letting it get away, let alone when I plugged my own power converters into it! I'll be back soon!"

"Just hurry up! Boss said he wants everyone to witness his fight with that warrior."

"Alright, alright I'm on it." The Mandalorian in his sight turned back and leaned on a tree facing the woods beyond. Johnson took this as an opportunity to sneak up behind with his magnum still aimed. If BR bullets could penetrate the armor, the only thing he could do was get close.

The Mandalorian looked up and visibly sighed. Johnson took one more step before he lowered himself to one knee. The Mandalorian turned and looked down to see the marine for a mere second before Johnson put one round into the mans neck. The silenced Magnum's sound virtually impossible to hear in the snowstorm.

The Sargent kept his aim as he watch the other man grab at his throat and stumble back into the tree line. He looked up toward him one last time before falling back into the snow. The Sargent aimed back into the camp and saw the other Mando had left beforehand. He made his way towards another tent, closer towards the center of the camp. But now there were less Mandalorians out and about. Only a couple could be barely made out by the camp's entrance.

Johnson slowly panned the camp as he looked around, feeling a mix of dread and anxiety creep up his spine with the chill of the sheer cold. It got too quiet all of a sudden. He crept up to the center tent, keeping an eye on his surroundings at all times.

He heard voices coming from within the tent and knew one of them was the Bonterri boy. He slowly kept creeping up until he could hear them clearer. "You call us murderers. Yet it was your own list for revenge that made you seek us out." He recognized it as the voice of that Mandalorian leader from the village.

"I wanted revenge, for my mother's death!" Bonterri spoke.

Johnson could now see through the small opening in the tents flap. He saw Ahsoka, silent but kneeling. Wrapped by several cords all held by other Mandalorians. Bonterri himself held back by one while the leader, who's helmet was now off, held the hilt of his lightsaber towards him.

"And you shall have it! But the Jedi are no different than Dooku and this one shall pay in part. For their crimes against Mandalor." Johnson hadn't heard Dooku's name thrown out in a while. Surprised these guys had even known about him. But before he could think on it further. He watched the blue droid R2 appear from behind one of the tent flaps behind a guard.

However a sudden movement from inside caused the tent flap to open and Johnson was sent pushed back by tackle from one of the other Mandalorians. Johnson felt himself land on his back with her on top of him but he quickly shoved her off and rolled to his front. Quickly getting up he saw her pull out a blaster pistol of her own but he was faster on the draw. Two bullets hit her arm, bouncing off the armor but dropping the blaster. Several more pinged off her helmet and shoulder plate.

Yellow blasts flew at him from his left and right. He holstered the Magnum and pulled out his BR as fast as he could and opened fire as three Mandos on jet packs landed around him. He took several blasts to the chest and leg plates but took down two warriors himself. He tried to move but was tackled once again by the female Mando who threw off his gun. She pointed her wrist at him and on other blast bounced off his visor, cracking it in the process, disabling the compass.

He swiped at her arm and pulled out the blaster pistol on his lower back and shot her shoulder again, this time having much better results by pushing her off him and onto the ground.

Another blast hit his pack, rolling on his knees, he pulled out the silenced magnum to duel wield both weapons at once. His bullets pinging off armor but the blast taking some down right after. He rolled out into the dirt, avoiding another volley of blasts when he heard a shout.

"ENOUGH!"

The Mandalorians all stopped firing, lowering their weapons. Johnson now on his feet had both weapons pointed to his left and right. Surrounded now by more Mandalorians than when he started with. Five bodies lay on the ground, a sixth on his knees wounded from a blast to the gut. The seventh holding her shoulder.

The center tent flap was wide open. Ahsoka was see. Horrified at the sight of Johnson surrounded, surprised to even see him, yet relieved to see he was alive.

In front of her at the entryway of the tent, stood the leader. His helmet still off but held to his side. A half cape rapidly flapping in the harsh winds. A scar under his left eye matched the intimidating look he casted before him. He looked around him at the bodies that lay motionless. And then to his second in command.

The female Mando with the almost owl brow T visor, got up on her feet, holding on to her scorched shoulder. The leader looked at her and she nodded.

He looked towards the other Mando on his knees. He fell onto one hand and groaned in pain. The leader sighed before walking towards the Sargent. He pulls out a Blaster pistol from his holster. The other Mando pleas for all but a moment before a blast to the chest drops him. Dead on the spot.

Johnson now held both weapons towards his new enemy, but the leader holstered his blaster and kept walking until he was past the body. The flames of the bonfire lighting up Johnson's black and grey ODST armor while giving the leader of the Mandalorians armor a more menacing glint.

"So you are the one who's killed so many of my kind. I must admit, you're here sooner than I thought you'd be." He stated out load for all to hear. More Mandalorians ran from around the tent and even behind him now. He was completely surrounded.

"We saw you at the village. At first we thought you were a bounty hunter. Hired by the cowered calling himself a chief. But then I saw you respecting our dead." Johnson realized what he meant but didn't know how. Just then, the leader pulled out a holographic display of Johnson and the dead Mandalorian woman from the village. Showing him kneeling and closer her eyes in respect for the dead.

The message ending the leader continued. "From that alone I knew you were no bounty hunter. You show honor like a true soldier, a true warrior in the heart and end of battle." He kept his eyes on Johnson as the marine himself lowered his weapons, if only a little to show he had his attention.

"Though I know your name, I wish to hear it from your own words. For all to hear!" His arm now hung in the air, pointing out to the crowd now surrounding him.

Johnson looked out as the Mandalorians now shouted and hollered out. Almost as if it was meant for entertainment. His helmets Visor landed back on the leader. He looked past to see his Jedi companion still staring at him, the droid being held back by another guard.

The leader placed his helmet on the ground facing the Sargent and took two more steps. "Remove your helmet. Let me see who you really are." The crowed shouted in agreement and all Johnson could think was how surreal this was.

But he, against his own judgment, lowered his weapons and holstered the Magnum. With one hand he took off his ODST helmet, letting the camp see his true face.

Vizla had seen him on the recorded message but he had to admit, this soldier was older than he imagined. Wrinkled skin on the forehead and under the eyes. His dark complexion was guessed but he didn't know how old his challenge was. With a quirked brow he simply asked. "Well?"

The Sargent looked around him, his newly acquired blaster in hand. He figured it was going to be an honor fight. One on one. But beyond that, he didn't like his chances.

He had a sudden flashback to the ring on The Ark. his grand finale that seemed like years ago now. Which in hindsight actually was. But that gave him an idea.

"You really want to know?" He asked loudly. The sudden gruffness in his voice cause the audience and even the leader himself to stop in sudden surprise.

The voice of a veteran indeed.

"My name is Sargent Major Avery Shove-My-Boot-Up-your-Ass Johnson!" He heard a couple of them scoff but continued. "You really want to do this son? Cause let's be honest, you may act tough but can you back it up?" He was starting to get warmed up to this and quickly realized the arrogance on the man's face slowly fade as he matched his bravado.

"You may look like an elder, but you act like any other young warrior I've known." The leader proclaimed, amused. "I am Pre Vizla. Leader of Clan Vizla and the Death Watch. The true Mandalorians! And You, 'John's Son'. Who are you really? I wish to know so I may remember your death with honor."

"Me? Did you not hear what I said?" He asked. Now he pulled his Sargent voice, slightly startling the younger members of Death Watch. "I'm the man who's going to shove his boot up your ass if you don't move out of my way. Otherwise I'll show you what is U.N.S.C Marines do to terrorists." He slowly shifted to a stance with his weapon now holstered behind his lower back plate. He dropped his helmet, the crack in the visor visible to all.

Vizla smiled. "U.N.S.C marines? I take it they're your people?" He received no answer. Very well soldier." He reached towards his jet pack and pulled out his dark saber. The weapon of his ancestors and the mark of the true Mandalor.

"I, Pre Vizla, challenge you, 'John's Son'. To one on one combat. May the strongest of us survive." A sinister grin crossed his lips and the crowd hollered once more as the black blade ignited to life.

Though he knew it would be bad news to fight close quarters with a lightsaber against him, having seen them slice hundreds of robots to pieces before. Johnson, reached into his pack and found his green Sargent ranked cap and put it on. Having it make a tight fit.

He then slowly grabbed the combat knife strapped to his boot. In a vintage stance for knife combat, he breathed in the cold air but said nothing.

The two of them said nothing as they slowly approached one another. One blade letting the bonfire's light shine off of it. The other giving off it's dreadful, almost ancient black glowing color. As they closed the gap, Vizla swung first.

Johnson dipped out of the way, taking another step back to doge another swing before swiping his own blade. However it simply bounced off Vizla's armor. He had quickly grabbed Vizlas arm before he could swipe the dark saber, before swinging his fist at the Death Watch leader's face.

Staggered but not down, Vizla activated his wrist mounted flamethrower. Johnson had to roll backwards to avoid getting his head burned. Quickly pulling out his magnum, he took several shots at Vizla before he jumped up in the air using his jet pack. Dark saber in one hand and now a blaster in the other, Vizla took his own potshots at the Sargent.

Johnson dodged by rolling out of several blasts and had to run back before hitting the crowd all of whom still surrounded him. He had to reload the Magnum but before he could shoot one more time, it was yanked out of his hand bu a cable.

The female Mandalorian from before had used her good arm to grab it. Now she held it on one hand, an unseen smirk behind her visor.

"Dammit!" He cursed before dodging another blast and pulling out his own plaster pistol. His yellow blasts and Vizlas now filling the air between them. "You wanna play dirty?!" He shouted. He quickly pulled out his last grenade from his belt and pulled the pin.

One.

One blast hit Johnson's shoulder plate, leaving another scorch mark. As he snot several blasts of his own towards the Mando, he side stepped.

Two.

Vizla used his Darksaber to deflect one blast in a random direction, but took two hits to his beskar armor.

Three.

Johnson finished counting and threw the grenade as high as he could towards Vizla. The pineapple having been missed by Vizla as he got hit and it was sent right past him.

Four.

An explosion right behind Vizla sent a shockwave and force powerful enough to immediately damage his Jetpack, taking the brunt of the blow. Sending him dropping to the ground like a stone. The Dark saber still in hand, he shook off the pounding in his head and rushed towards the Warrior in front of him.

Johnson blasted twice before he ducked under annoy her swipe. However a kick to the chest sent him to the dirt. Johnson rolled as the blade crashed where his head once was and he was on his feet, until the blaster in his hand was slashed in half.

Johnson, in a desperate attempt to buy time, knocked Vizla to the ground with his shoulder, who was going for a downward slash. He quickly spotted his BR on the ground several feet away and rushed for it.

He soon felt his leg get pulled down by a cable coming from Vizla and he fell to the dirt again. Vizla tried to stab the Sargent in the gut but one quick kick to his arm stopped it. Johnson took another desperate swipe with his combat knife and actually hit its target.

Slashing Vizlas right eye and brow.

The Yelp of pain was enough to stagger Vizla alone. Johnson crawled to the BR and grabbed it quickly before firing two bursts at the Death Watch leader. The bullets merely bouncing off the armor but two landing on the arm holding his Dark saber,yet again, dropping the blade to the ground.

Johnson took one last shot one last time but heard several dozen blasters activating at once. While his aim remained at the head of Death Watch, it's remaining members aimed their blasters at the the Marine.

Vizla was offended by the others intervening but also relieved, so he said nothing about it. He stood tall against his opponent and wiped the blood off his face, leaving half of it painted red like war paint.

"You fight well 'John's Son'." He proclaimed. "But I am not done yet." He bent down to grab the Dark Saber yet. "And I know you aren't either." He then holstered his Dark Saber to the remains of his jetpack and took a fighters stance.

"You won this round but this time, it'll be me who is victorious."

Johnson knew if he shot him now, he'd be gunned down in a moment, no matter how resistant his armor was to laser bolts. He too holsters his weapon and with it, the crowd lowers theirs. He sheaths the knife and takes his own CQC stance. They circled one another for several moments until the camps entrance laid to their side and the camp center to their right.

"The Name is Johnson. Show a little respect and I won't have to embarrass you anymore." He smirked. "You ready boy? Im old but I'll still whoop your sorry ass to next week."

Vizla merely laughed. "Age has never slowed down your spirit I see! You have the look of a true Warrior with real history in battle. Perhaps I may learn something from you yet old man." He cracked his neck and resumed his stance. Taking a breath of anticipation. "Shall we continue, Johnson?"

Johnson had his own grin. Now he was getting lost in the fight too. "Bring it on, Vizla."

Both Warriors acknowledging each other was a sight to behold to the Mandalorian tribe. All members, especially Vizla, having grown more respect for this War veteran that they happened to meet. He may have killed their own, but to some of the members, it was almost an honor to be killed by a soldier such as him. Some however didn't see it that way, but acknowledged his death would be honorable for them.

Both Johnson and Vizla took one rushed step before the sound of two lightsabers igniting stopped them still. Both looked towards the tent to see the Jedi Padawan Ahsoka swipe her lightsabers up to cut the cables holding her down, and then spinning rapidly to slice the heads clean off of 4 Mandalorian guards surrounding her.

She had seen enough and when R2 had given her enough time to think to think of a plan, she freed herself and now was going to help her friend out of this mess.

She quickly used the force to push back Vizla and jumped into the center with Johnson at his back, his BR in his hands when the camp all blasted at the Jedi. But suddenly one Mandalorian was blasted in the back.

All parties watched as a huge Combat Retail Droid with mismatched parts hobble into view from around the central tent. Several other droids, all with mismatching parts from other types of droids, surrounded both sides of the tent. Another blast hit a  Mandalorian and then all hell broke loose. Johnson was blasted by one Mando and he took a shot himself landing it's mark.

Ahsoka blocked several blasts and then blocked Vizla from a slash with his own lightsaber. Two droids were blasted down to pieces as Ahsoka kept over Vizla and kicked him towards the tent. Johnson meanwhile jogged towards the Camp entrance. Both of them saw a speeder quickly make its way towards them and park, taking a blast.

"Hurry, get on!" Bonterri shouted as the battle took off with the Mandalorians getting the advantage. Johnson hopped onto the back while Ahsoka took the passenger seat. The speeder lifted and took off.

"This isn't over Johnson! Our battle will not end until we meet again!" Vizla, his bleeding scar covering his right cheek and eye. He stood up as the flames and battle roared behind him. The droids slaughtered one by one until the Retail droid was blown apart from blasts on top of its head, the lights dimming as it shut down destroyed.

Johnson lowered his BR and just stared back at the Death Watch leader. He kept his eyes on his figure until the camp was a spec in the distance. He remained quiet as he felt the fatigue catch up with his body.

The blasts were stopped by his armor, but the force of each hit still hurt. That and the fight against Vizla surely banged him up a bit. He took a breath magnetized his BR. He lost his helmet, his silenced magnum and that new blaster he had found.

Well, nothing the R&D department at New Mombasa base can't replace.

A while passed as the speeder flew along the path until he saw the ship come closer. They hadn't been followed and he happy for it. Less hassle to deal with and rest was something he needed.

The speeder made it to the ship and everyone disembarked. Only to walk up the ship's ramp. The same ship that only yesterday he had left alone to chase down the only friendly he had.

Everyone came back alive so that's all that mattered to him. Ahsoka and R2 immediately went to the cockpit. The ramp rose and the ship sealed. He felt the engines roar to life and the entire ship lift and quickly take off. He walked to a storage locker and tossed his BR in. He watched Bonterri walk off towards the escape pod.

Yet before he could make it, Johnson grabbed his shoulder. "Huh uh. You've got some explaining to do boy. But first..." he left his words hand before shoving him back away from the pod and sent a punch to the jaw, dropping the young man to the ground, clenching his jaw in pain.

"What-?" The Sargent looked up to see Ahsoka standing there shocked before he looked back down at the kid. "That was for shooting me and getting us into this mess." With that he grabbed Bonterri by his jacket and practically threw him into a seat, locking the brace and straps in place as he sat opposite of him.

Bonterri, wiping his jaw one last time looked to Ahsoka for some kind of help, but saw her face having a slight amused smirk. "To be fair you did deserve it. I'll make sure he doesn't rough you up too much. But someone's gotta fly the ship..." she wandered off with that on purpose seeing the slight deserved look of fear on Lux' face.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure your man isn't too roughed up." Johnson leaned back, his arms crossed.

"excuse me? My man?" She asked with a sudden blush that Johnson laughed at. He spent his time either laughing at Ahsoka and Bonterri or poking more jabs at the two teens only to laugh more at their reactions.

Yet in the back of his mind, he kept his thoughts lingering on that fact. They were kids... fighting in war... he needed to get this off his chest.

——"0909909——-00990999—00999099—000900

The trip Corasaunt was tiring for everyone involved, Ahsoka piloting hyperspace with R2, Johnson getting contact with Captain Roy and Skywalker about the previous days events, and Lux who never left his seat as to not anger the old war veteran who kept his eye on him the entire trip.

The ship had entered the Republic capital world and as it landed at the sender building, the ramp lowered and the four occupants were met with Jedi, Senator of Naboo and local paparazzi. Johnson kept his arm on the boy as Ahsoka lead the group, R2 keeping the rear.

He tuned out most of the Senate Drabble towards Bonterri and even the Naboo senator's constant questioning of their well-being. He was about to leave when he was stopped by Windu and several Jedi Masters.

They asked him what had happened, and why he failed to report with the other senators, almost leaving them behind on Mandalor. However, Johnson didn't do anything but look the Master of the Order dead in the eyes.

"You never told me Mandalorians had a grudge with Jedi." He said it simply talking to the man, yet the Papparazzi droids had heard his unmistakable gruff voice.

"That had nothing to do with your mission." He calmly stated. But that didn't sit well with the Sargent after everything he'd just been through.

"Really? Then why was it that these Mandalorians I had to fight, nearly kill her-" he pointed toward Ahsoka. "Out of a 'revenge needing paid in part'? Whatever it is you Jedi and those Death Watch have agaisnt each other, get it taken care of, or else the next kids you send out to get caught by them won't be so lucky."

"A child, she may be. But a Jedi, she is. All in due time, will she grow." Johnson never understood why the green troll like to speak backwards but he didn't have time for any fantasy bullshit.

He quickly glanced towards Ahsoka who was talking to both Lux and Padme before continuing. "It doesn't matter if they have the voodoo powers or lightsabers or anything like that! She's still a damn teenager! Non of you should even be sending them out to fight a war!" He dared to look Windu in the eyes to answer.

"What we do in the Jedi Order is none of your concern, General. What we do with our own is for the betterment of the peace we fight to protect for the galaxy." the master answered him calmly again. "If you wish to discuss and accuse us of anything else, perhaps we should discuss this in private." Just at that, a paparazzi droid buzzed past and took a few pictures of Johnson staring directly at Windu with a pissed off look clearly meant to express his anger.

"Out of our hands, it is. Right Master Windu is. The betterment of the galaxy, our path leads." Yoda talked to the Sargent and hoping to end the talk peacefully.

Johnson just continued to stare them down. "It's wrong Jedi. We all know it." He turned away. "And for the record, never had a choice. The Bonterri kid made it complicated. Keep an eye on him or he'll cause more trouble."

As Johnson walked away, Master Kit Fisto called out. "And where will you be going my friend?" Trying to ease the tension.

Johnson didn't answer them as he continued walking toward the remaining hangars in the Senate building. He pulled up his Comm. "Johnson to Roy. You read me?"

"Loud and clear sir. Must admit you had us worried for a bit. The troopers were about to send us on a rescue op if we didn't hear back from you soon." Roy's voice came to life and Johnson could hear the sigh of relief coming from him.

"We'll I'm back. Send me Kilo 2-3 for pickup. Senate hanger."

"Copy that sir, which one?"

"The one I'm standing on."

"R...roger that sir. ETA four minutes. Out."

Johnson stood in the center of the hangers looking out into the busy city beyond him. Another slight shiver of dread crept up his spine but he shrugged it off.

He soon took off towards the Second Wind, never knowing of the creepy grin a robed figure gave as he watched his ship fly into the atmosphere from his center office.

"The time has come. His views on the Jedi are weak. Take him and see to it he no longer sees the light of day. His usefulness has... expired."

"It will be done my lord." Dooku's hologram disappears, leaving the grin

The Legend of the Sargent continues...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 102 43
Ok... this is entry log numbraro-or however you say "number" in Spanish-1... Do I really have to do this? Distant female voice: yes, just keep going...
6.8K 155 22
When the Autobots are chased down in space by the Decepticons, they crashland onto the planet of Coruscant with the Decepticons crashing on Ryloth. T...
3 0 15
This story continues in this 3rd book of HSC Battlecruiser Series. The crew of the HSC has completed their mission on Planet 2110. Along with the new...
134 6 15
After a job provided by Rex goes wrong, the batch discover something about one of their own that they never knew. This infomation soon comes to haunt...