(Hiatus) Loving through Time

By moodyrara

~ On Indefinite Hiatus More

A/N
CHAPTER 1 - Anika 2.0
CHAPTER 2 - Watch where you walk!
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4 - A sweet delicacy
CHAPTER 5 - Dark stranger
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7 - The new guy
CHAPTER 8 - One step closer to the truth
CHAPTER - 9 I'm sorry okay, I overslept!
Chapter 10 - The flight of daydreams and nightmares
Chapter 11. The party awaits.
Chapter 13 - Dance, Wine & a punch
Chapter 14 - Just plain amazing, Annika
Chapter 15 - Two adorable Owls
Chapter 16 - Homecoming
Chapter 17 - An annoying mystery
Chapter 18 - The B Word
CHAPTER 19 Our Secret
CHAPTER 20 A key to the past

Chapter 12 - The dance

140 26 2
By moodyrara

You would expect someone like Shivay to take his sweet time, probably slow down on purpose to make others late.

Here he was, early freaking bird. God knows what deals he must be making behind my back. Enemy. Wicked enemy, I reminded myself.

I shut my thoughts as we reached the destination. I thanked the driver and got off. The bar seemed homely but loud. The music rang in my ear, even before I stepped in. I shuddered at the lingering cold.

I hugged the fur, crushing closer to its warmth. I felt so glad I chose to wear it, as my black gown has this slit near my right thigh. Two lace straps held the sleeveless satin to my skin. I didn't use any make-up except a dark red lipstick.

Mera had placed my tangled hair in a bun, pinning a dull silver clip on top. She had warned me not to play with it when I kept touching it. As it was crafted in a way that if opened, my hair would fall in a great mess of curls. So I restrained from itching it.

Perfect. I looked perfect for tonight's fishing.

A diamond shined on my finger. That ring. I'd not taken off that ring for some reason. It seemed to go with everything I wore. So why would I?

The cold made my face redder and redder. But reaching the glass door, I plastered the biggest fake smile I could muster.

This was a den, a den of wolves.
My eyes searched for one, in particular, my wolf who pretended to be a loyal sheep. My wolf, who would have shook to a million deals till now.

But forget about the deals, Shivay wasn't even here.

I found Tarun calling me, dressed like an elite, in a dark brown suit and glossed up hair.

"I hope you found the castle okay and Mera- helpful."

"The castle is so beautiful, Tarun! It's an admirable bait, I have to agree," I smiled, "And Mera- she's definitely, helpful," I stop myself from raising my eyes.

He's helped us by giving us a personal guide, what more could he do.

"So how's your health now? Shivay told me that you fell sick in the plane, flying overseas makes you sick?" He asked.

Seasick? I travelled almost every month. For some reason, Shivay did not tell him or anyone what happened to me on board. I searched for an answer for Tarun Gupta. But on second thought, why does he need to know anyway?

"What's wrong with me, I'm fine as hell," I grinned sly. Shivay was still not here. Is he at the bar?

"Oh, every man here agrees, Miss-?" A man said, immerging from the sidelines.

I stared at him. He wore a dark robe and green-rimmed sunglasses. His hair is tied in a low pony. He was good-looking beneath all the weird things he clung to himself.

Tarun made the introductions and this was Lafin, special appearance goof Lafin.

"Pleased to meet you," I took his extended hand.

His palm wasn't sweaty- but itchy for some reason. I backed away slightly as the lights dimmed further.

"It's for the dance," Tarun whispered.

Oh. No. There's going to be dancing?
My head hurt at the thought itself. I needed a drink. 

Someone may have called my name but I headed towards the bar.

There was no space to squeeze through. Just get a girl a drink!

I was stuck in the middle, only the exit was free as people were cramped inside. My heart sped at the lack of space. Not one known person near me. Too many strangers. Too many strange, strange people.

***

Her heart began running at the lack of space and peace. She searched for any familiar face. None. Not one known face at the bar side. She wanted to leave. It was too crowded and sweaty.

She pressed at her forehead lightly. Ugh. Her hair felt heavier. She felt an inch on a deeper end of her bun, scratching lightly, slowly not to unravel her bun. She finally found the doors above a flight of stairs. Annika was quick to rush to it. She didn't know exactly where she was running to. Just away from this.

"Taking off so soon?" A soft but sullen voice asked.

She stopped on the stairs, picking her face up to sneer.

But she failed miserably.
As a sneer, was just a wider scowl, showing immense distaste but Annika's face displayed utter shock, the jaw-dropping kind of shocked. She forgot her ache, the panic, everything and she stared at Shivay.

***

He snapped his fingers, "Are you fine?"

Shivay reached for his pockets when she didn't respond. He ran his handkerchief over her red face, removing the hints of any sweating.

Annika didn't say anything as Shivay pulled her to a chair close, asking for a glass of water at the bar.

"Annika?" he repeated but her eyes just stared at him.

As today, he was dipped in razor black from bottom to top. He looked well-rested as the colour of his skin was returning to his baby pink, lips naturally flushed. His hair looked luscious and cheeks softly lined.

And his attire- the darkest black she saw in the room- if that even made sense to her. The suit was finely cut, detailed with patterns she could not recognize. He had instantly upgraded from "yes ma'am" to "I am my own boss."

Yet he sat there, his radiance charming her to a glaze that didn't seem to end.

Shivay pressed the glass to her lips, "Drink," and she did, "Are you having a seizure again?"

Seizure, that word woke her up, "No, it's just too noisy here," she said stealing her gaze.

"Do you want to go back?"

A simple question. But no, she didn't.

"I want to stay," she said, sipping her water.

He nodded, "Okay."

They were stationed right there for a few more breaths. The dance had begun, music exalted to the top.

"So we are just to sit here and watch them dance?" Shivay asked.

Annika rolled her eyes at the challenge that was to come.

Then she gulped down the remaining water and smiled, "No. You can sit here all you want," she taunted, getting up to enter the dance floor, hesitant.

Annika could feel Shivay's eyes on her, so she tried her best to hide it.

She pushed through and through to get into the circle. Many joined in as the music turned softer.

Annika saw Tarun standing on the sidelines, talking to a friend or colleague she couldn't make out. She asked him for a dance, but he waved her off but she insisted. Because Shivay was there at the edge of the circle monitoring her, it seemed. He stood right there, after politely refusing a request from a charmed woman.

Annika who saw all of this turned to Tarun again.

"Come on Tarun, be a sport," said Annika, who was minutes ago escaping through the door.

But Tarun complied. Before taking her hand, he raised her eyebrows in silent questioning. She nodded and then they began dancing. His touch was gentle and amicable. Bearable she realized, but the music rushed and Tarun snapped into a faster dance sequence. One that Annika could not keep up with. The loud music, the crowd, and now this.

But Annika smiled as she swirled, trying. Her mind wasn't thinking and she met Shivay's eyes.

He was smiling at her.

She wanted him to not do that. Why was he happy that she was enjoying herself? That too with a strong potential ally.

She did not understand his games. What did he want with her?

Will he ask for a dance? Will they- Annika realized she'd come to another gentleman. They swayed, keeping it casual. Her eyes searched for Shivay again, but he wasn't there anymore...

This man in a maroon suit danced quite dry as compared to Tarun. Indeed, Tarun's cheerful steps shook that boss-like image he tried hard to maintain.

***

I glanced at the spot again. He wasn't there and I huffed right before my passive dance partner. He tried to hide a slight smile before passing me over. I twirled into another's arms. I did not notice it was Lafin until I felt his hand grip my waist.

I looked up in a heartbeat and felt pale when he smiled. Being around this guy, really makes me want to kill him.

And I thought Shivay was the one I really wished to kill. But with this guy, I would actually do it. If he took one step closer, then, right now.

As I tried to remain neutrally calm, the song rushed again, matching the speed of my nervous heart. My breathing ruffled incessantly so. But Lafin did not notice it as he kept dancing. The music became louder and louder and my head neared the summit of insanity.

Just when I thought I'm. Going. To. Fall, the song stopped all of a sudden. Lafin's grip loosened abruptly.

I had to step back.

I wanted to go home. I did not want to dance with this man. Anyone but him. I considered taking a step back. My head throbbed and twisted. But if I didn't get away, this lunatic would spin me like a frail doll.

I used the last bit of my strength to unwrap and twist in the hands of the person standing next to us.

I didn't lift my head again, risking catching Lafin's eye.

A slow beat began playing as the man held onto my back protectively. I realized why. Lafin would be searching for me. This man knew what I was running from.

So I began swaying slowly with him. I crouched my head into his chest, to hide my face. His suit was soft and he wasn't complaining, so I was not going to either. My head fell in, like his shoulder was a pillow or he was just too good at posture.

I thanked God for him and my palms stretched to wrap around him rather than away, accidentally driving my long nails on his skin.

Oh, my gods. I opened my eyes wide as my nails scraped his suit.

"Woah! That just hurts Annika," he said.

I almost began to apologize but...

Wait. That voice.

I peeled my head to look at. . .

"Shivay," I breathed, "you're here."

***

Words: 1747

You're still reading? Wow. Thank you sm. I'm just going to leave this here and escape.

Next week I plan on posting a one shot book, starring Shivika. So keep on the look out for it.
Also the first half of the next chapter, is just Annika swooning over Shivay. Because Shivay is basically dressed like a dream in this one. And *Annika's not complaining*
Okay, see you next week then byee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.6K 4.1K 29
No Description 😉 It's a Short Story!! 1 #Oberoifamily (12/4/19) 11 #anika (30/3/19) 17 #Omkara (12/4/19) 27 #Gauri (12/4/19) 85 #Shivaay (12/4/19...
41.8K 2.4K 14
My random collection of Rikara OS's and TS
43.5K 1.8K 29