𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇...

By -platinumcopyshare

⚠︎This is not mine, for offline purpose only to satisfy my need and i also want to share it with all of you i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 2

279 5 3
By -platinumcopyshare

CHAPTER TWO - It’s Touching to be Touched

Harry had woke at five, dressed and had taken a run all the way down the walkway for three miles and then ran three miles back. He entered the hotel room to see Tonks splattered all over the bed with covers falling over her leg and pooling in the floor. Harry laughed softly at her position. Taking his combat pants and his black t-shirt with his boxer briefs for comfort, Harry had a shower and had fully dressed and was ready to go before Tonks rolled out of bed.

“You make me sick,” Tonks said to him. “You’ve been up for hours, taken a run, showered, dressed and are ready at seven in the morning?”

“The class is in an hour and we have to take a taxi there with morning traffic in London,” Harry clarified. “We should leave in about fifteen minutes.”

“Fifteen?” Tonks said. “Oh hell.” She kicked the coverlet as Harry snickered. Tonks was ready in the fifteen minute time allowed her and they had hailed a taxi and arrived ten minutes early.

“I don’t believe it,” Thomas Barrow, fellow auror, said when they arrived. “Tonks is early to something.” Tonks thumbed to Harry. “Good work, Potter.”

“Thank you, sir,” Harry said as if it had been a mission to get Tonks there at all. The sessions included learning new techniques with casting defensive spells, dodges, blocks, mind control blocking and all defensive moves on the first day. Harry was the novelty with his wandless ability and was asked many times to demonstrate the different way he had to move without a wand. His techniques were much better than anyone’s without the fumbling of a stick to point a spell and in his one ups, which were like duels, he was the fastest and most accurate in the class of sixty aurors. The day was full and they were finished at a quarter until four. Tonks and Harry stayed around a bit to speak with others until it was four fifteen. They took a taxi to their hotel room where Harry jumped into the shower first to wash off the sweat of the physical part of the day.

While Harry washed he thought of his upcoming date with Mark and he was excited to go, when he fumbled briefly with washing his body, Harry concentrated on Mark and tried to imagine his touch as Harry touched himself. Harry tried to think of Mark in a sexual way but Harry couldn’t get himself worked up with those thoughts. As he continued to stroke his cock with the water, a flicker of his constant fantasy came pouring into his mind like a cool blast of desire. That smooth and creamy satin skin bathed in moonlight. The one who always brought about the effects on Harry’s body continued to do so. In seconds Harry was hard and enjoying the thought of touching those long delicate fingers with his own. That one irresistible spot on his long, elegant throat which Harry craved to touch, to inhale and to taste. Those platinum blond silky locks which Harry’s fingers twitched in anticipation to slide through. What would it be to touch those delicate lips with his own? To slowly slip his arms around him and hold him tightly feeling his body the way Harry was being held the night before. With that final image Harry’s body gave up his salty prize into the drain. He remained quiet in the shower having his orgasm. He finished washing and was dressed in only minutes. Tonks took her shower and dressed as well. Harry wore dark blue slacks and a green and dark blue plaid shirt neatly tucked in with his brown loafers and brown belt. He’d shaved with great care. He opened his bottle of cologne and thought for a moment. He placed a single drop on his finger and dotted behind his ears and then at his collarbone. Why he did this, he questioned, but he knew if he was honest, he’d hoped that Mark might venture to those spots. Harry ginned to himself and blushed at the thoughts. Harry was waiting and waiting and kept checking his watch. It was already twenty minutes until six.

“Tonks? Hurry,” Harry said. “We still have to hail a taxi and it’s almost a quarter till seven.”

“I’m ready,” Tonks said. She had changed her hair to pink like the first time Harry had saw her. Bubblegum pink with a different type of twisty knots on top with tiny little butterfly clasps on each one. She was wearing a purple cut off shirt and lime green pants with a orange stripe down each side. Where Harry was the conservative, Tonks was the extreme. Her bellybutton ring was now a neon yellow ball and her earrings were some white plastic daisies.

“You look like a box of crayons gone horribly wrong,” Harry smiled and then laughed.

“You just don’t appreciate my uniqueness,” Tonks said haughtily in teasing. “Let’s go eat pizza. I’m starved. That sandwich at lunch today was awful.”

“Yeah,” Harry said. “Mine was terrible, too.” The pair left the hotel and took the taxi to Paulie’s Pizza. When they arrived and entered the front door, Mark rushed over with a smile that Harry returned.

“We’re going to have stop meeting like this,” Mark teased. “Are you stalking me?”

“Yes. I’m a terribly evil person and should be destroyed immediately,” Harry returned the tease and Mark laughed.

“Hey, Tonks,” Mark said. “Kevin’s on his way. He had to work over at his dad’s office.”

“He said he may have to work over last night when we talked about meeting up today,” Tonks said. “So? Let’s order.”  Kevin arrived just before the pizza arrived. Mark and Harry were on one side of the booth with Tonks and Kevin on the other. Mark held Harry’s hand under the table and they were talking about sports and different friends of each after they’d eaten.

“I need to use the restroom before we go,” Mark said.

“Yeah. Me, too,” Harry said as they slid out of the booth. Both walked into the bathroom and then Harry froze. Mark took a urinal and Harry looked away biting his lip and feeling nervous as to what to do. Take the other urinal? Use a stall?

“Are you okay?” Mark asked.

“Um…yeah, I just…,” Harry stammered. Mark realized.

“Oh. I’m…I didn’t think that this would…,” Mark said as he finished and zipped up turning to Harry after he did so. “I’m sorry.”

“No, don’t be,” Harry feeling silly. “I’m just stupid.”

“You’re not stupid,” Mark washed his hands as Harry stood. “You use a stall.” Harry nodded and took a stall. After he’d finished, he came to wash his own hands and Mark was waiting. “I didn’t even think when I took the urinal that it may make you uncomfortable.”

“I don’t know why I reacted that way,” Harry said. “I live in a dorm of boys and we all use urinals every single day.”

“Well, you never kissed any of them either,” Mark said. Harry grinned.

“You have a point,” Harry said. “I hope I don’t act strange around them when they come back to school. Or I hope they don’t avoid me when I tell them I’m gay.”

“You’d be surprised at how people react,” Mark said. “My best friend, Dan, the one I told you about, he’s fine with it, but I have…or I had another friend, Daniel, who won’t even speak to me now. But I can’t live and be something I’m not.” Harry nodded but a bit sadly. “It’s hard to predict your friends even though you think you know them so well.”

“Yeah,” Harry agreed softly. Mark took Harry’s hand and it felt as right as rain to slide into the embrace of the others’ arms. Harry enjoyed being held in such a way. Mark lightly kissed Harry’s neck and a thousand stars exploded in his mind.

“You smell so good,” Mark whispered onto Harry’s sensitive skin there.

“So do you,” Harry said inhaling him. “You smell like soap and spices. It’s very nice.” Mark kissed the spot lightly again and again a bit higher trailing a light line of kisses over Harry’s cheek to  kiss his lips. Harry’s hand slid up to Mark’s neck and his fingers slipped through his hair. While in the kiss a flash of platinum blond hair seared Harry’s mind and he pulled back abruptly.

“Are you okay?” Mark said. Harry breathed and nodded scolding himself for letting Malfoy ruin this moment.

“Yeah. I’m fine,” Harry said. “Let’s try that again.” Mark leaned forward a bit more and Harry was against the stall wall. The kiss was a bit more hurried and deeper quickly. Harry’s hands were lightly rubbing Mark’s back as they kissed harder. Mark leaned all the way onto Harry and Harry could feel Mark’s erection on his thigh. His eyes flew open but he continued to kiss him and eventually closed his eyes again until the kiss ended pulling them away.

“You taste like pizza,” Mark joked and Harry grinned.

“So do you,” Harry said. “But I like pizza.”

“It’s now my favorite taste in the whole world,” Mark said with that kind smile that Harry really liked.

The movie was thankfully somewhat boring. Both boys were slouched down in their seats holding hands and playing with fingers sharing kisses here and there. Harry had thought about it, but was scared to ask. Knowing that this was their last night together he mustered up the courage from somewhere.

“Can I ask you a personal question?” Harry whispered. Mark nodded in the dark. “I’m so embarrassed about asking this.” Mark knew.

“You want to know what it’s like the first time?” Mark asked. Harry nodded.

“Am I that obvious?” Harry asked.

“Yeah, you are,” Mark said making Harry grin and blush. “Do you want to know about being the bottom the first time?” Harry shrugged.

“Either or…both. Whatever you want to share. I won’t push you,” Harry said. Mark sighed a bit.

“Well, my first time was with Frankie,” Mark said. “And he was gay and more experienced so he knew that lots of preparation was needed. He was gentle and used fingers first.” Harry nodded his understanding. “But when he…you know, went in the first time, he went slowly and let me sort of adjust to feeling it.” Harry looked down and almost choked. “Don’t be embarrassed. It was good. It does hurt a bit the first time when it goes in, but then after that initial stretching sort of pain, it’s so good. Really good. I can’t believe I just told you about sex with my ex-boyfriend. I feel like a fool.”

“No, don’t,” Harry said. “This is stuff I need to know and you’re the only other gay male I’ve met. I don’t know anything at all. I mean, I do know some because I…I sort of have this…book that I bought about being gay and what it’s all about when I thought I might be. I know where the parts go, but as far as having that physical experience, I haven’t done that.” There was a tensed silence for a long while as their hands played together in the dark and they leaned together.

“Would you like to have that?” Mark asked. Harry froze, heart rate shot up, eyes wide, lack of oxygen…. “I didn’t mean to offend you or anything, but you asked and…”

“I don’t think I’m ready for that yet,” Harry said softly. “I’m sorry.”

“No, that’s okay,” Mark said. “I can’t believe I said that. I didn’t mean to offend you or suggest that we…do that…now or whatever. I waited six months before I was sure I wanted to try that. I had sort of…this is embarrassing, but I kinda, you know, tried it with my own hands and I sort of knew what it might feel like. I think that’s natural to experiment a bit.”

“I’ve done that,” Harry said. “But I don’t know. Not yet. I’m not ready to go that far yet.”

“That’s good,” Mark said shocking Harry who turned to look at him. “It’s good that you know you’re not ready yet. That’s okay. Don’t rush it. You won’t enjoy it if you’re not ready and wanting that experience. And I think that you should care about the person you’re with.” Harry nodded.

“My guardian, Albus, is very strict with me,” Harry said. “And we’ve talked about relationships and such on occasion. I’m just the old fashioned type in that I still foolishly believe that the person you give yourself to in that way, should be the person you’re in love with and that you want to spend your life with. I guess I’ll never get laid with that attitude, huh?” Harry teased but there was a hurt there. Mark held Harry’s hand tightly.

“I think that’s great,” Mark said. “I really do. I wish I had waited until I found that person, but hormones and bodies do things when they’re on a bed together and no one is around. After the first time, I couldn’t wait until the next time, though. I wanted to have it again.”

“What about being the top person?” Harry asked. “I know how it’s done, but I’d be afraid that I’d hurt the other person.”

“I had the same thought,” Mark said. “The key there is to go gently and let the bottom sort of tell you to go further making you both comfortable. And relaxation is good before everything starts. A warm bath together, a light massage, just touching, some wine…just anything to relax as much as possible.” Harry was taking mental notes. They talked about this line of conversation throughout the entire movie and it was nearing midnight when it was over. The boys headed for the bathroom again. At feeling a bit braver, Harry took the urinal beside Mark and dared not look in his direction as he took his relief. Mark wasn’t as shy and took a peek. “You’re not bad.” Harry blushed. “Don’t be embarrassed. You’re a good size. Bigger than Frankie was anyway.” Harry was complimented and wanted to look but was terrified as he bit his lip and looked up the wall. “I know what you’re thinking.”

“No, you don’t,” Harry said.

“You want to look?” Mark asked. “You can. I don’t mind. It’s just looking, right?” Harry took a deep breath and couldn’t believe that he was going to do it. Harry looked over and saw Mark’s cock in his hand. Mark stroked it lightly noticing it was semi-hard. Harry looked to the wall again and tried to breathe. “Harry, you’ve never touched another guy, right?” Harry shook his head. “Would you like to?”

“I…I don’t know,” Harry said unsurely but rather intrigued by the thought.

“If you want to, I wouldn’t mind,” Mark said. “If you want to go in a stall and just look you can. We’re the same, but all guys are different a bit. You can touch me and know what it’s like to feel another person. Don’t be embarrassed. It’s a leaning experience and you said you didn’t know anyone else who was gay.” Harry thought he’d pass out as his head nodded and he hardly realized it. ‘What am I doing? What am I doing?’ was the busted record that played on and on in Harry’s mind.

Mark pulled Harry over gently into the nearest bathroom stall. They were facing and Mark stepped back pulling out his erection and letting Harry see. He was relatively the same size as Harry, maybe a bit smaller, but curved to the left just a bit. Mark reached for Harry’s hand and gently put it on his cock and moved Harry’s hand underneath his own stroking himself with Harry’s hand. Harry just knew he was about to pass out from his heavy breathing and heart rate.

“I don’t believe I’m doing this,” Harry said at the rush.

“You can stop if you want,” Mark said. “Don’t do it if you’re uncomfortable.” Harry didn’t stop but continued a bit harder. When Mark moaned lightly, Harry stopped. “You want to stop?”

“I…no,” Harry breathed and was in shock at his own boldness as he began again stroking the cock in his hand. Harry watched his hand over Mark’s cock time and time again stroking him a bit harder.

“If you keep doing that I’m going to…you know,” Mark said. “Either we have to stop now or keep going. It’s your decision.” Harry for the life in him couldn’t stop so he shook his head and moved his hand a bit faster. Mark gasped lightly fueling Harry onward to do more so he upped the pace again. Mark moaned again and Harry’s eyes crossed with total pleasure at making someone make that pleasured sound. “Harry, do you want me to touch you?”

“I…,” Harry was torn in that he did, but he wasn’t sure. The nagging that this could be their last night together rang like a gong in his brain and before he knew it he’d nodded and not sure what he was even nodding to. Mark unfastened Harry’s trousers and had pulled out his semi-erect cock and began stroking it. Immediately Harry’s heart rate and breathing increased again and he closed his eyes but nervously to enjoy the feeling of another person touching him so intimately.

“Does that feel good? Do you like that?” Mark asked. Harry nodded.

“Yes,” Harry breathed and upped the pace and force on Mark’s cock which was rigid with need. Within moments, Mark was panting and lightly groaning quickly.

“I’m about to come,” Mark said. “Do it a bit faster.” Harry gave what was wanted and upped pace just a bit. Within seconds, Mark grabbed Harry’s hand with his free one and thrust forward into it shooting a load of his sticky come into his palm and over their hands. Harry could hardly breathe or think at all. “Oh god yes. That felt great.” Mark took toilet tissue and wiped their hands clean noting Harry’s hand was shaking and his erection bobbing. “Harry, would you mind if I…I don’t want to pressure you, okay? But I’d really like to give you a blow job. You’ve never had one, and I’d like to give you that if you’d let me.”

“I don’t know,” Harry breathed. “I just don’t know, Mark. This is really…”

“How about if I start and if you don’t like it or you feel uncomfortable after a bit, then you can tell me to stop and I will?” Mark asked. “And don’t worry that you’ll come in my mouth, because that’s sort of the point of doing it.” Harry grinned a bit.

“If you want to do that, I’ll try it. I’m just unsure,” Harry said. “But I…this is going so fast for me. I just met you last night and now we’re doing this in the movie theatre stall?”

“Okay. I won’t then,” Mark said. Harry winced in indecision. “Or I can.” Mark smiled and Harry grinned. “Let me do it and you enjoy it, okay? You tell me to stop if you want and when you come don’t worry about it. Alright?” Harry nodded slowly and swallowed nervously. Mark fastened his own jeans and sat on the toilet. He gently pulled Harry toward him as Harry stood. “And if you want to put your hands on my head you can. I like that.” Harry nodded and watched the tip of Mark’s tongue touch and lick the slit of his cock.

“Oh my god,” Harry whispered at the searing heat of Mark’s tongue on his body which licked from the base to tip several times as Harry watched in shock that he had gone so far in such a short time with this boy he barely knew. Harry couldn’t hold in the breathing moan when Mark’s hot mouth wrapped around his cock and then slowly began to thrust onto it taking Harry deeper into his mouth each time. “That is so wonderful. I have never felt anything so good in my life.” Harry put his hand flat on Mark’s head for a moment as Mark was doing all the movement for awhile before he pulled back. Harry’s fingers slipped through Mark’s brown hair and  with his eyes closed the brief flicker of platinum gold locks, silvery eyes, pale moonlight skin…

“I want you to hold my head and move back and forth like you’re fucking my mouth,” Mark said. “Can you do that? You’ll like it. I promise.” Harry nodded and did as instructed holding Mark’s head and then beginning to push gently in and out of his warm mouth. Mark had made a ring with his lips and had a suction on Harry’s cock. Harry closed his eyes and enjoyed this first time sex for as long as he could manage at keeping a gentler pace. Harry used his control to keep him from forcing his cock down Mark’s throat in a frenzy. Each time his cock went deeper into Mark’s mouth and Harry was mindless with the sensations and his own growing need to release. After a few more controlled strokes, Harry could hold back no longer. He was panting and shaking from need as he upped the pace.

“I’m going to come,” Harry said and his own words from his mouth seared his mind. “I’m ready…oh god…” With a breathing desperate inhale of air through his teeth making a hiss Harry pushed forward and stilled as his cock pulsed his hot semen into Mark’s mouth and Harry involuntarily shuddered from the force of his orgasm. “Oh god. Oh god.” Mark pulled away swallowing every drop. “Did I hurt you? I didn’t mean to get so…”

“No, you were gentle,” Mark said as he stood. “Would you like to kiss me and taste yourself?” Harry scowled a bit and Mark snickered. “It’s okay. Some people don’t like it.”

“Let me try. Kiss me,” Harry said softly. Mark leaned forward and Harry could taste his own semen in Mark’s mouth. It was warm, salty and just a bit bitter, but not unpleasant. The kiss lasted a long time and they were wrapped around each other up against the stall wall feeling each other and giving desperate heated kisses within moments. Mark pulled away.

“We’ve been gone forever,” Mark said almost breathless. “We need to get back, I guess.”

“I want to thank you for that,” Harry said with bright eyes and new knowledge. “I’d never had that done to me before and it was so wonderful. The best thing I’ve ever experienced in my life.” Mark smiled.

“Wow. That was a compliment,” Mark said as Harry put his cock back and zipped up. “I enjoyed doing that to you. I’m glad you gave me the opportunity to be your first at that.”

“My first,” Harry said. “Mark, am I…I am a virgin, right?”

“I have no idea,” Mark said. “That was a blow job but does that count? Or does it only count when intercourse is involved? Do you have to be a bottom to lose gay virginity? I never understood the rules to gay sex and virginity either.” The pair laughed softly and exited the stall. They washed their hands and dried them. Harry slid his arms around Mark and they embraced.

“I will never forget that as long as I live,” Harry said holding tightly to him. “I can’t believe that felt so incredible. I never imagined that it would be so good.”

“You’d better stop complimenting me or I may not let you leave London,” Mark said. Harry smiled into his shoulder. London. Movies. Weasleys. Harry’s eyes opened wide and he pulled back.

“I’ll be coming back to London in about a week for a movie with my friend Ron and his girlfriend and family,” Harry said. “Do you think you could meet us at the theatre?”

“Yeah. That would be great,” Mark said. “Which theater?” Harry scowled.

“I’m not sure yet,” Harry said. “Could you give me your address or phone number and I’ll either call or write to let you know where and what time? I mean…if you want to.”

“Yeah, I’ll look forward to it,” Mark said. “Let’s get a pen and a napkin from the waitress.” Harry leaned forward to take an open mouthed flush kiss and Mark held him tightly as they kissed again and again until the bathroom door opened and they sprang apart. Harry took off his glasses and was cleaning them as Mark was washing his hands again.

“There you are,” Kevin said. “Enough shagging in the bathroom. Tonks says it’s time for them to get back.”

“We weren’t shagging,” Mark said as if insulted. “And even if we were it’s none of your business anyway.” Kevin rolled his eyes and left them again. “Sorry about him. Kevin doesn’t care if I’m gay or not as long as he gets laid every night.”

“Oh,” Harry said. ”Well, Tonks may just do it with him if he asked.”

“He probably has,” Mark said. “I want you to know how much fun I’ve had the last two nights with you.”

“You don’t know how much you’ve done for me, Mark,” Harry said honestly in his innocent way. “I mean it. Not about what just happened, but with talking to me and making me feel comfortable with myself. You’ve taught me so much. I won’t try to change my friends and I can be who I am and it’s okay. That means a lot to me.” After one more kiss, the pair left the bathroom. Mark borrowed a pen from the waitress and wrote his phone number and address down for Harry. When Mark asked for Harry’s phone number, he told him that he would be staying with his friend Ron’s family who had no phone, but that he did have access to Ron’s brother’s cell phone occasionally. They took hands and joined the other couple who were outside. Kevin stamped out his cigarette and Mark took Harry’s hand. They walked up the walkway a bit hand in hand until they reached Mark’s dad’s car.

“Call me and we can get together next week when you come to London with your friend and his family,” Mark said. “But you might want to sort of tell them that you have a date and it’s a guy. I don’t want your friend and his family trying to beat me up or anything.”

“Yeah. I plan on telling them,” Harry said. “And actually, I never thought I’d feel this way, but I’m sort of excited about telling them. I’m scared to say anything, but then again I can’t wait to get it all out. I feel like I’ve found a part of myself that was missing.”

“I know how you feel. I felt like that, too,” Mark said. “It’s like a new freedom to be who you are. And that’s a good thing. You should be comfortable with yourself.” Harry smiled and nodded. After a kiss on the walkway where Mark held the back of Harry’s head for a moment until the kiss ended, they said goodbye and Harry watched him drive away.

“I saw you kissing him,” Tonks said. “I freaked out for a minute, but you look like you enjoyed it.” Harry was all smiles again.

“I did enjoy it. I do like kissing him,” Harry said. “I’m going to Ron’s at the Burrow when we get back to Hogwarts and I’m telling them I’m gay. And Arthur and Molly promised to bring Ron, Hermione, Ginny and her boyfriend Michael, and me to London to a movie. So I asked Mark to meet us at the theatre. I have his address and phone number. I’m going to call and tell him where to meet us and at what time. I have another date lined up. Oh god. I’m so excited I feel like I’m gong to pass out!” Harry’s hands were nervously everywhere.

“You’re pathetic,” Tonks said throwing up her hand to hail a cab.

“I think he likes me,” Harry said. “Don’t you think so?”

“Yeah, I guess he does,” Tonks said watching for the next cab to come by.

“I like him, too. Mark is nice and…,” Harry thought of the bathroom scene and blushed profusely. “He’s experienced a bit. So it’s good to talk to him about stuff that I need to know.”

“You two were in the bathroom long enough. I started to offer our hotel room to the pair of you,” Tonks said. Harry gawked with a dropped jaw.

“We were just…,” Harry started. “I’m not ready for that yet. I’ve only been gay for two days. Give me a break.” Tonks laughed as the cab pulled up and they entered. Tonks told the hotel and off they went. “We were kissing in the bathroom.”

“I figured,” Tonks said. “You’re sort of obvious when you come out of the toilet with flushed cheeks and your hair up everywhere from where his hands were in it.” Harry was almost mortified.

“Oh god,” Harry said. “Do you think everyone knew?”

“Everyone, who?” Tonks said. “Nobody knows you here, Harry.”

“Oh yeah,” Harry realized and then gave a short laugh at himself in his joy. “I forget who I am here which is a nobody. It feels great to be normal.”

“Yeah. One normally gay seventeen year old horribly famous gay wizard,” Tonks said. Harry laughed nudging her in teasing him. “You’re an oddball, Harry Potter,” Tonks said.

“Tonks, you’re not like…well, disappointed or anything in learning I’m gay, are you?” Harry asked. Tonks almost looked offended.

“Of course not,” Tonks said. “Look at me, Harry. I’m not judgmental. I get criticized all the time for looking different and being different. But it’s who I am, and I’m okay with  myself the way I am.” Harry nodded.

“I don’t know if I’m okay yet,” Harry said still grinning in a guilty way. “But I’m finding out about myself and I feel better than I have in a long time about who I am.” The ride to the hotel was short and they entered the room. Like the night before, each changed into pajamas. Harry in the bathroom and Tonks in the bedroom. They slid into bed and faced like the night before.

“It’s really comfortable being here with you, Harry,” Tonks said. “I guess since I know you’re gay and all, it’s like I know you wouldn’t try anything.”

“I wouldn’t try anything anyway,” Harry said. “This is training and you’re my friend. That’s not the way friends are with each other.”

“Yeah, right,” Tonks said sarcastically. “Every guy friend I’ve ever had has tried something before. A little flirt here or there and even trying to kiss me or touch. But I know that you wouldn’t do that, and that’s a real comfort to me. Thanks for being such a good friend.”

“You’re a good friend, too,” Harry said. “We’ve known each other for a few years now and we know each other very well. I want you to know that if you ever have a problem that you can come to me and I’ll try my best to do anything I can to help you. Even if you just need a shoulder to cry on.” Harry had detected her sad mood.

“It’s just that I feel like I can’t find anyone,” Tonks said. “Kevin is a fun loving guy, but I won’t see him again and we both know that. I’m telling David that we can’t see each other anymore when I get back and then I’ll be alone again. No dates, no nothing, nobody there for me.”

“I’m here for you,” Harry said.

“I meant with loving me,” Tonks said sadly. “A relationship. And sex.”

“Oh. Well, I can’t help you there,” Harry grinned. “I’m sort of gay.” They laughed softly until Tonks’ laughter turned to tears a bit. Harry wanted to help. “Come over here.” Harry moved over and held up his blanket and she slid underneath and was wrapped in his comforting arms. Harry held her as she cried.

“I know David loves me, Harry, but I’m just not in love with him,” Tonks wailed as she sniffled. Harry rubbed her back. “It’s not fair. He tells me he loves me all the time and do you know what I say? I say, okay. Or good. Or something else. I can’t tell him I love him if I don’t.”

“You’re right,” Harry comforted. “You shouldn’t lie to him if you don’t feel that way about him. And believe me, I know better than anyone that life isn’t always fair. But there is someone for you out there, Tonks. You’re very bright, intelligent, witty, fun, beautiful, and you dress funny.” Harry teased and Tonks gave sniffled laugh. He hugged her. “You’ll be fine. It’s better if you’re honest with David about your feelings. But who am I to give advice on being honest about feelings? I’ve had this suspicion that I was gay for years and never said a word. I would never let myself admit it because I was afraid of the ridicule at school.”

“You were afraid of something?” Tonks asked as if it were insane.

“Yeah,” Harry said. “You don’t think I was afraid when I faced off with Voldemort each time? I was. Terrified. I’m just one wizard, Tonks. I’m not invincible, you know.”

“But you seem like you are,” Tonks said softly from his comforting embrace with her forehead touching his chin and both arms curled up between them as she relaxed at his chest with his arms around her.

“Well, I’m not,” Harry said equally as quietly putting his chin on the top of her head lightly. “I’m not some super hero like in a comic book. I’m just one plain and ordinary wizard. I feel. I have fears, thoughts, dreams, and I laugh and sometimes I cry like you. I know what hurt feels like and I also know what it’s like to want someone to share things with. I understand how you feel about wanting to feel intimacy with someone that you care about and who cares about you equally in return.”

“But maybe you found that with Mark,” Tonks said. Harry thought and then sighed.

“Can I tell you a secret? And do you promise me never to tell a single soul?” Harry asked. Tonks nodded. “I swear you can’t tell anyone this. Ever as long as you live.”

“I promise,” Tonks said. Harry took a deep breath.

“I sort of like this certain person. A guy at school,” Harry said quietly. “I’ve like him for a long time. Years even. I’m attracted to him terribly. He’s so gorgeous and I have this…well, it’s like this fantasy thing in my mind with him.”

“Really? Who is it? A friend of yours?” Tonks said.

“No, he’s not a friend at all,” Harry said. “Technically he’s an enemy.”

“A Slytherin?” Tonks asked as if it were insane.

“Yeah. The snake prince himself,” Harry said. Tonks stilled and pulled back to look at him.

“Malfoy?” Tonks asked. Harry nodded.

“I can’t get over it,” Harry said honestly. “I’ve had this for years. It all started one night when Ron and Hermione and I were in the common room….” Harry and Tonks lay on the pillows facing in the dim light. She listened to each and every word as he talked about how perfect and beautiful Draco was and how his heart fluttered every time Draco walked by or even if they had words with each other. Harry told how nervous he was in Draco’s presence and how he wanted nothing more than to touch him, hold him and kiss him like it was with Mark for the past two nights. Tonks nodded to him several times that she understood. Harry even admitted to thinking of Draco when Mark was kissing him and that he felt terribly guilty over it. Harry also told her that this was his final year at Hogwarts and he’d briefly thought of trying to talk to Draco a bit to see if they could be friends and if that worked, then he may even try to hold his hand or…kiss him which would be the greatest thing to ever happen to him. Harry was flustered and flushed by just talking about Draco and Tonks noticed.

“I think you either have a very serious crush or you are in love with him,” Tonks said with a soft laugh. “I can’t believe it, though. Malfoy? His dad was a Death Eater, Harry, for Merlin’s sake.”

“I know that,” Harry said. “That’s what makes it so weird. And also so exciting to me. Tonks, you know Draco is absolutely the most sexy thing in the entire school. He’s been with girls and guys before. He’s suave and has that totally sensual thing about him. When he just walks down the hall everyone swoons and threatens to pass out.”

“Not everyone. Possibly just you,” Tonks said.

“No, I think it’s everyone,” Harry said. “But the odds of him and me of being any type of acquaintance resembling friends is totally impossible. And of kissing him? It will never happen and I practically grieve over that. He’s the product of the dark and I’m a fighter for the light. He’s a Slytherin to his core and I’m a Gryffindor. But I’ve never felt this way about anyone in my life. Just being in a classroom with him makes me weak and shaky.”

“Sounds like he hexed you or something,” Tonks said with a large yawn.

“I think he did,” Harry said. “But he didn’t mean to do it. I did that to myself. I like Mark. He’s nice, kind, gentle and very sweet. But when I kiss him, I think of Draco and I’ve never even touched Draco in any way except with my fist. So tell me how stupid I am.”

“You’re not stupid,” Tonks said sleepily. “Weird, yeah. Stupid, no.” Harry grinned as he had his eyes closed and then yawned. After a few more minutes of talking, each fell asleep where they were.

The thunder woke Harry who opened his eyes slightly to see a head of purple hair in his face. Harry noticed his position of being spooned behind her with an arm over her as she slept. Harry assessed the humor of the situation in finally admitting and trying to accept that he was gay and now waking up with a woman in his bed. The irony of the situation stuck and Harry grinned with a sigh. He glanced at the clock which read half past four. Hearing the rain and thunder, he knew he couldn’t run this morning, so he closed his eyes and was quickly asleep again, still holding her. A few hours later he woke to the sound of giggling behind him and he felt her there with her arm over him spooned up against him.

“What’s so funny?” Harry asked.

“Us,” Tonks said. “I have a boyfriend that was afraid we’d end up in bed together and you’re gay. Now we wake up in bed together. Isn’t that funny?” The pair laughed at the situation.

“Yeah. I was thinking the same thing this morning when I woke up about at about four,” Harry said. “But this is just sleeping.”

“I slept with Harry Potter,” Tonks said. Harry laughed with her again.

“Lucky you,” Harry said. “How was I?”

“Great. Best I ever had,” Tonks teased.

“Well, I don’t want to boast, but yeah, you’re right. I’m great in bed,” Harry said. She punched him lightly. “At sleeping. That’s all I’ve ever done. I’ve never had sex before.”

“Really?” Tonks asked. Harry nodded as he turned to her. “I can’t believe that. You’re famous and cute and nice….I would have thought that you had.”

“That’s what everyone thinks at school, too,” Harry said. “Oh well. I’m a prude like you said. I will wait until I have found the one for me. That one person that I can’t live without. I’ve waited this long, so I can wait a bit longer. Don’t get me wrong, I would like to have sex just to experience that, but I’m not ready to have sex with another guy yet and I don’t feel it’s right to give that part of myself to just anyone. I want it to be special and with someone I love.”

“That’s good, Harry,” Tonks complimented. “I wish I had waited until I got married, too. But I thought I was in love when I was fifteen and I did it with William Quimby in that supply closet near the Ravenclaw common room near the Physics lab.” Harry nodded that he knew where that was. “I thought I was grown and we’d get married and all that. But we broke up and what I had lost, I couldn’t get back. But I’ve learned a lot since then and I’m not that naive anymore. Sometimes guys just push too far too fast with wanting to touch and do things before I’m ready. Even if I want to, I have to say no sometimes because it’s going so fast and I get lost in it.” Harry thought of the night before in the bathroom stall with Mark and knew that’s exactly what had happened and he felt guilty over it that he’d went so far so quickly.

“But sometimes you want to touch and be touched,” Harry said. Tonks nodded.

“But if someone really cared about me, they’d wait until I was more ready,” Tonks said. Harry knew that he was inexperienced and Mark was eager to experience more with him. But hadn’t Mark asked if he wanted to stop and Harry didn’t? Didn’t Harry always have the choice to say no? “We’d better get up and ready. It’s nearing half six now and we have to pack before we leave the hotel.” The pair were dressed in no time and they’d packed all their things. Harry showed Tonks the books he’d bought at the bookstore and she scolded him for not showing her earlier. They made a pact together that the two of them would talk when needed during the school year on their relationships or lack thereof. Tonks told Harry that if he didn’t have a date for any school dance which were twice a month that regardless of whether she was dating someone else or not, that she would come as his date even including the Christmas Yule Ball. Harry was thrilled and he promised that if she wanted to go out on the weekends to dance or party in London and if he wasn’t busy with school work, his college courses or Quidditch, that Albus would probably allow him to go on Saturday nights.

“I meant to ask you that,” Tonks said. “Mark lives in London and so do I. Well, I live in the wizard part in Diagon Alley, but still it’s in London. If you wanted to come spend the nights on Saturday night with me then you could see Mark if you…I mean, if he’s….or if you two want to see each other like that or…?”

“I don’t know what the thing with Mark is yet,” Harry said. “I like him a lot and he’s great to be around. I enjoy the physical contact like holding him or kissing him, but I don’t have that certain feeling thing that I get when I think of Draco. Maybe that just takes time when starting to date somebody. Does it?”

“Well, yeah I guess it could,” Tonks said scowling at the odd situation as she thought. “I think Albus would let you come stay on Saturday nights with me. What do you think?”

“I’m sure he would,” Harry said. “Especially considering that I plan on telling him that I met someone and would like to spend more time with him. I think Albus knows it would be difficult for me to date another guy at Hogwarts. It would be all over the Daily Prophet and it would be a nightmare. I’ll talk to him when we get to Hogwarts and maybe we could set up some kind of standing arrangement for weekends. Unless you only want me there like once a month or whatever.”

“No. I would love to have you at my place once a week,” Tonks said. “Maybe you could help me get organized a bit. I’m too messy, Harry. I know I am, it’s just that I’m the only one there and I don’t care if it’s messy or not.”

“I’ll help you,” Harry said. “It’s a discipline to take care of your things and put them away properly each time, but it’s a good mental habit that once you have it, you’ll keep it up. I might ask Mark when we go out to the movies if he’d like to start dating regularly on weekends if Albus approves. What do you think of that idea?”

“Sounds good,” Tonks shrugged. “Whatever you want to do. He’s your date, not mine. Maybe if you two hit it off really well, then Albus would like to meet him.”

“Oh god,” Harry said. “I…it’s way too soon for that. I would only invite Albus to meet someone I was very serious about and it’s much too early for me to think along those lines. Are we ready?” The two left the hotel room which had been paid in advance. The session of the day was very physical and on offensive moves whereas the day before had been defensive skills. Everyone was paired off and told to use this move and then that one and the setup was that by the end of the day, each had partnered with almost half of the group. Harry had enjoyed the sessions over the two days. To his surprise and utmost embarrassment, Harry was asked to give wandless casting demonstrations in regard to offensive and defensive moves with the instructor in front of everyone. After the session ended at six in the afternoon they were tired. All the aurors gathered in groups to talk about things. Harry and Tonks stuck together.

“I heard you did it with a wand,” Beck said.

“No, I killed him with a wandless cast,” Harry said. “Voldemort was surprised I think.” They laughed with him. “He had no idea that I was wandless.”

“It was sixteen DEs you took down, right?” Lackney asked.

“No, I took out fifteen and then Voldemort,” Harry said. “Of the twenty six killed, I took out over half. I don’t like to think about that.” Tonks rubbed Harry’s arm.

“It’s tough to kill and not feel the effects of it,” Carter said. “I know I remember all five of the dark wizards I’ve had to take down. But knowing that it was for the best helps me get through it.”

“How many did Albus get, Harry?” Tonks asked.

“None,” Harry said. “He was defending and dodging but he didn’t kill any. Me, Moody, Farlin, Deltry and Skagg were the only ones having to cast the AK. Ron was hurt pretty bad before I took out the two that hit him with some curses. Arthur was hit, too, but I got the DE that was about to kill him. That was one crazy night. We didn’t expect it at all. One minute we were sitting around the Christmas tree with eggnog and the next, I’d killed fifteen, Voldemort and was cursed to within an inch of my life by twelve curses. I was in some major pain for weeks after that. It was awful.”

“Well, he’s gone now,” Beck said. “And we’re all glad.”

“I got a lead on Avery and McNair’s recent dark art activity and their whereabouts,” Carter said. “I told Moody and we’re working out a plan to try and get them. Potter, you think you might be able to join us on a take down of these guys?”

“Only if you want them dead,” Harry said. “I hate DEs. Azkaban is too good for any of them after the things they’ve done. They’re evil and cruel and should be destroyed.”

“I’ve never heard you say that before,” Tonks said.

“I know more about their activities than anyone,” Harry said. “With the mind link I had with Voldemort, I had to suffer through watching as the DEs would repeatedly abuse, torture, rape and kill muggle women, men and even children. I told Albus all about it and I would have terrible nightmares over it. But a vision is not considered evidence to the Ministry, so those crimes will never be charged on the DEs who did those despicable things. That’s why when I cast to a DE, they’re toast. I have a license to take them down, and I will use it so that no one ever has to suffer the torture those little children did before they were mercilessly given the pain curse and then killed for no reason.” Harry closed his eyes and a wave of nausea wafted over him. “I get physically sick when I think of those things.” They spoke with the other aurors for almost an hour. “Tonks, I need to get back to Hogwarts for dinner. It’s in a half hour and Albus will expect me to be present.” The goodbyes were said and each picked up their bag from their trip. They apparated to Tonks’ flat since they had the opportunity and she dropped her bag. Harry looked around. “Is your apartment only a one bedroom flat?”

“Yeah,” Tonks said. “I didn’t need two and this one was cheaper.” Harry looked around.

“I guess I’ll have the couch then when I come to stay with you on Saturdays,” Harry grinned.

“You can sleep in my bed with me,” Tonks laughed. “You’re gay anyway.” They laughed a bit.

“I think I’ll stay on the couch,” Harry said. “It’s inappropriate for me to share a bed with you, Tonks. Besides you took all the blanket last night and kicked me at least ten times.”

“I did not,” Tonks said. Harry gave her the look of honesty. “Okay, so I’m not a good bedmate with sleeping. It’s my sister’s fault. I used to share a bed with her when we were little and I’d have to practically fight her for the blanket at night.”

“So it’s a family type genetic defect?” Harry teased. Tonks gave him a playful shove.

“Get out of my apartment, Harry. First you sleep with me and now you insult me,” Tonks said. “You’re definitely a man.”

“I’m glad to know that. It’s hard to be gay and not be a male,” Harry teased further. They laughed again.

“You’re having fun with this gay aren’t you?” Tonks asked.

“Well, sort of. It’s still weird to me to think that I actually kissed another guy,” Harry said. “Oh god I can’t believe I did that. I’ve been gay two days and had two dates and kissing. I’m doing pretty well.”

“Since you’ve had two dates in two days being gay and only one date in the seventeen years being straight, I’d say yeah, you re doing very well,” Tonks said. Harry was full of smiles. “But it’s good to see you smiling again. I thought you would never smile again after the Voldemort thing. You didn’t smile for months after that.”

“It’s been a very difficult time for me,” Harry said almost sadly. “That media circus after he died was a total nightmare. If it weren’t for Albus telling the Daily Prophet to leave me alone and threatening to sue them for harassment on my behalf since I was under legal age, I don’t know what I would have done. And then Voldemort was always in my mind when he was alive and I was used to that. Then he wasn’t there at all and it took me months to get used to it. And I was wrestling with my own sexuality and I had all my studies. I didn’t want to speak to anyone and I poured myself into my classes totally ignoring everything and everyone to just get away. But I think I’m doing much better now. I’ve come to terms with a lot of things lately. I have my scholarship to Oxford finalized, I have chosen my majors, I’ve decided that I am, in fact, gay, and I feel very relieved over a lot of things. And I learned to dance a bit, so I’m on cloud nine right now.”

“Good. I think this weekend did you a world of good,” Tonks said. Harry nodded.

“It did. It really did,” Harry said. “I may have a boyfriend. That sounds weird, doesn’t it? I have a boyfriend. Me with a boyfriend. Oh god. One step at a time. It took me almost a year to say the word ‘gay’ to myself and now in two days I’ve dated and kissed a boy. Oh my god. I still don’t believe I did that.”

“You’ll get over it. Or used to it or whatever,” Tonks said. “You ready to go? I have the portkey right here.” Harry nodded and they touched the portkey. Tonks pulled her wand and tapped it taking them back to Hogwarts where they appeared in Albus’ office. He wasn’t there.

“He’s in the dining hall,” Harry said putting down his bag. “We’ll be coming back here after we eat probably, so I’ll leave my bag here.” The two set off out of the office and down the hallways and turned into the dining hall where Albus and Hagrid sat.

“Good evening, sir,” Harry said taking his seat with all smiles. Albus looked up to see the pair as Tonks sat in the other chair. Albus motioned to the food and they started filling their plates.

“An’ ‘ow was yer trip te’ London?” Hagrid asked Harry smiled brightly.

“Interesting,” Harry said. “Very good. I can’t tell you how much I learned.” Tonks grinned at the true statement.

“You seem very happy about your trip,” Albus said in that suspicious yet mild way.

“I am,” Harry said giving him a pointed look with meaning. “I learned to dance a bit and we saw a movie.”

“You didn’t see the movie,” Tonks said. “You talked through the whole thing.” Harry laughed with her.

“Then I’ll clarify. We went to a movie,” Harry said. “The auror classes were great, sir. The first session was on defensive moves with…” Harry and Tonks told of the skills they’d learned and improved the first day and then the same of the second day.

“…and he did very well with the wandless casting demonstrations,” Tonks told Albus before she wiped her mouth with her napkin.

“Very good,” Albus said. “I’m glad you learned so much. Did you buy appropriate clothing for your dancing venture?”

“Yes, sir,” Harry said. “I’m not sure you’ll approve of the attire, but it was appropriate for the location and venue. Tonks was trying to be a walking rainbow, sir.” Harry grinned to her as he ate his pudding.

“My outfit was the bomb, Harry, you pathetic conservative mess,” Tonks said. “And you have a very fit, tanned and nice looking body. You should show it off a bit more.”

“I’m not like that,” Harry said. “I can’t wear those types of things.”

“Oh no? Mark seemed to like those leather pants on you,” Tonks said. Harry spewed the milk he was drinking all across the table and turned beet red in seconds.

“Mark? Is this a friend you met in London?” Albus asked. Harry noticed his heart rate and breathing going erratic and tried to control it as he looked down.

“I’s good ye got a muggle friend, Harry,” Hagrid said. Harry looked guiltily up to Albus and was speechless with what to say.

“You can tell him about Mark, Harry,” Tonks said. Harry looked to Hagrid and then back to Tonks. “Or um…maybe later then. I have some paperwork I need to locate before I can do my report on the classes in London. Harry’s lucky in that he got to attend class but doesn’t have to do the report.” Tonks stuck her tongue out at him.

“I bet I could have a report written before you even find any papers in that mess you call an apartment,” Harry said. “You need to clean that mess up.”

“I thought you were going to help me with that?” Tonks asked.

“I’ll need permission for those plans we made,” Harry hinted to her. Everyone was finished eating.

“Why don’t you and Tonks come to my office and we’ll discuss things further,” Albus said. “And Hagrid you have my permission to leave Hogwarts until the start of term.” Hagrid nodded.

“Are you going somewhere, Hagrid?” Harry asked.

“Ye’ see, I was going te visit a friend o’ mine,” Hagrid almost blushed himself. “I’s Olympe. Ye’ remember Madame Maxime, don’ ye, Harry?”

“Of course,” Harry smiled. “Very tall lady.” Everyone at the table grinned and Hagrid looked down in almost embarrassment.

“She an’ me been writing letters an’ all tha’,” Hagrid said. “She invited me to her place to see the country there. I’ be leaving in a few day te go for a week.”

“That’s great, big man,” Tonks said. Hagrid talked a bit more about Olympe and where she lived and the creatures there before he bid his goodbye and left them. The three were still talking of Hagrid and his new girlfriend as they entered Albus’ office and he noticed Harry’s bag there. Albus sat behind his desk while Harry and Tonks took the two chairs facing it.

“You had some type of plan you wanted permission to initiate?” Albus reminded.

“Yes, sir,” Harry said and looked to Tonks.

“Oh. Um…I wanted Harry to have permission to come to London on Saturday nights throughout the school year if he isn’t busy with Quidditch,  his studies or any school function, sir,” Tonks said. “He was going to assist me with an organizational system for my apartment and hopefully my entire life.” Harry snickered. “We may go dancing a bit more and I think Harry has other reasons that he may want to come to London on the weekends if he were allowed.” Tonks gave Harry the expectant look to tell Albus.

“I think I’d rather speak to Albus alone about that, Tonks, if you don’t mind,” Harry said.

“Sure,” Tonks said in understanding. “But I like Mark. He’s a nice guy. I just thought I’d say that in your defense. And I need to go start on that class report. Send me an owl, Harry and we’ll make plans and don’t forget to remind me of the school dances.” Harry nodded as she stood. “Thank you, sir, for allowing Harry to come to London this weekend. It was quite an experience for each of us.” Tonks gave Harry the kind look and they shared a grin. “I’ll be going. Goodbye.” They told her farewell and she tapped the portkey with her wand vanishing away.

“It sounds like you had a very exciting time,” Albus said.

“I did,” Harry said with a smile blushing and looking down a bit and biting his lip at where to being.

“Tell me about the dance club. Did you like it there?” Albus asked. Harry nodded.

“When we arrived at the hotel, we unpacked and then went shopping,” Harry said. “Tonks insisted I buy leather pants and I did try them on and they fit. Snugly, but they were comfortable. Anyway, we had our clothing purchased and after changing, we went to this dance club and sat at the bar. I had sodas all night, but she had beer. So then these two nice young men came to sit beside her. Kevin, who is blond and dresses similarly to Tonks began speaking with her and they decided to dance leaving me in the company of his friend, Mark.” Harry cleared his throat and swallowed nervously. “Earlier in the day we’d shopped and I…there was this large book shop that I visited. There were some books there on being gay and what that meant and other…various facets of that lifestyle. And I purchased two books in that regard so that I could understand a bit about how I was feeling toward the situation. I had read almost half of the first book and I knew. That was me that the book described in detail. And it was like I wasn’t shocked at all to learn that of myself. But the book answered many of my questions that I had for years regarding myself.”

“Do you have those texts in your bag? May I see them?” Albus asked. Harry swallowed.

“Certainly, sir,” Harry unzipped his bag and pulled out both books slowly and then looked to Albus almost in embarrassment before handing them to him. “I’m still a bit unsure and awkward when speaking of being gay. It took me a year to say the word.” Albus looked over many pages of the book Harry had pointed at that he’d read a bit of. Harry sat wanting the floor to swallow him whole.

“This is a very good text on the subject,” Albus said. “Both of your selections are appropriate and I hope they answer the questions you have had.”

“Thank you,” Harry said. They waited through a few moments of silence. “Well, anyway I was at the club and I was there with Mark and we were talking when he asked if Tonks was my date. All day I had contemplated over the fact that I was gay and I thought that I’d never see Mark again, so I wanted to see what it was like to tell someone so I told him that I was gay.” Albus nodded.

“And how did he respond to that?” Albus asked. Harry smiled.

“That’s the odd thing,” Harry said. “He told me he was also gay and I almost passed out.” Albus chuckled with Harry. “We talked for a long time and he admitted that he’d only had one previous gay relationship and that he had, as I have, kissed a girl and felt nothing from it at all. After a while he asked me to dance and he taught me to dance. It was great and much easier than I thought it would be.” Harry paused. “The dancing I mean.” Albus nodded at the clarification.

“So you got along well with Mark. I take it that he is a muggle,” Albus said. Harry nodded.

“Yes,” Harry said. “But after dancing we sat with Tonks and Kevin again. Kevin asked if I was gay since he knew Mark was and…I told them that I was. Tonks nearly had a fit but she is very open minded and it’s nothing to her but good news, I suppose since she was worrying over the fact that I’d never dated.”

“I think a few of us were worried over that fact,” Albus said. “Minerva and Molly Weasley had both asked me why you never chose to date and I had no answer for them but that you were selective with whom you shared time.”

“But I told those three that night that I was gay and it was…it was almost freeing to say it,” Harry said. “It felt good to say the words. Like fresh air.” Albus nodded. “Well after that Mark held my hand and I nearly had a stroke.” Albus grinned and tried not to laugh. “We were dancing again and…” Harry trailed off remembering them dancing closely. “It was a slow dance and I could not believe that I was dancing much less dancing closely with another boy. It was all I could do to stand up at that point, but the we….he asked me if…if he could kiss me.” Harry gave Albus a look. “And I kissed him back. I was awful at it, I know, but he said I was a good kisser,” Harry smiled in his happy way. “By that point I was almost hyperventilating like a fool, so we sat down again with Tonks and Kevin who were getting along splendidly. It was nearing midnight and we had to go, but Mark asked to see me again and then the next night after auror training the four of us met up, had pizza and went to a movie.”

“That you didn’t see?” Albus teased. Harry giggled.

“Not much of it,” Harry kept his smiling. “Mark and I talked about so many things and I admitted to him that I had never spoken to another gay male and he answered many questions I had in regard to how I felt and how to tell my friends.”

“I can feel your joy,” Albus said. “It’s good to feel that again. I haven’t felt any joy or happiness from you in years, Harry. It’s so refreshing to me that you can still feel it.”

“Sir, the Weasleys are planning to go to London to the movie and take Ron and Hermione as a couple, and Ginny and her boyfriend Michael as a couple. I wanted to ask if it would be alright if you came to the Burrow with me when I tell them that I’m gay. I’d also like to have your permission to ask them if it would be alright if Mark were to meet us at the movie theater that evening. I’d like for Ron and Hermione to meet Mark if you approve.”

“I will go with you to the Burrow when you tell your friends,” Albus said. “And you have no doubt that this is some type of sexual experimentation phase?”

“If it is it’s been a three year phase, sir,” Harry said. Albus nodded. “I’m gay. I know it as well as I know my own name. Nothing ever felt right with a girl but with Mark, I…I knew. I just knew. I can’t explain it, but everything this weekend helped me to finally admit to myself that I know who I am now a bit better and I’m slowly becoming comfortable with that. I realize that not all of my friends will be supportive and some may choose not to be my friend after my admission, but I have to be who I am and I don’t want to live a lie anymore.”

“I understand,” Albus said. “I suppose that is another reason for you wanting to take Saturday nights in London. To continue to see Mark regularly?”

“Well, I had to ask you first before I venture to tell him that I would like to see him again,” Harry said. “He attends the local community college in that part of London. Mark has sandy dark blond hair and blue eyes that are just like Ron’s. He’s tanned and a bit taller than me, but everyone is taller than me anyway. He’s very kind, very gentle and soft spoken. I like that he isn’t pushy and he understands what I’m going through with telling my friends that I’m gay and he gave me very good advice to take things slowly with myself and don’t do anything that I’m uncomfortable with. He’s pleasant company and we have many things in common. Well, other than I’m a famous wizard and killed an evil dark lord.” Harry teased and Albus chuckled.

“And you are comfortable dating a muggle?” Albus asked.

“Yes. I’m practically a muggle myself having been raised by muggles,” Harry said. “But I didn’t even think of magic while I was with him.” Harry then grinned in embarrassment. “Well, unless you count that after he’d kissed me the first time he said it was like magic. I almost died.” The pair laughed together and Albus noticed Harry’s bright laughter and smile. Finally.

“You’ll go to the Burrow tomorrow,” Albus said. Harry nodded. “Is there a certain day you’d like for me to come so that you can tell them of your news?”

“Well, today is Tuesday and our plans are to go to London on Saturday night for the movie,” Harry said. “I thought that I’d spend the day with them and hear of everything they’d done and then I’d tell them Wednesday at dinner so they can be used to the idea that I would be meeting a date and that date was another boy. I’m not sure how Ron will react, but I have Mark’s address and phone number. I was going to ask Bill to borrow his cell phone since I know he has one and that he’ll be there briefly. I wanted to call Mark and tell him the location of the theatre.”

“Very well,” Albus said. “I’ll tell Molly tomorrow that I would like to come on Wednesday night to speak with you and I’m sure she’ll invite me to stay for dinner. Perhaps it would be a good time to tell them over a meal.” Albus said. “While they’re all sitting safely in a chair.” The pair chuckled again. Harry told of other things over the past two days including the names of the bands and groups of muggle music he liked and what kind of pizza they’d had and everything he could think of about Mark. Albus listened to the rambling on about Mark with interest. “I think Mark sounds like a very nice boy. I’d like to meet him sometime.”

“You would?” Harry asked shocked.

“Well, yes, Harry,” Albus said. “Since you find his company pleasant, I’d be interested to meet him unless that would make you uncomfortable. I would have to be in muggle disguise, however.”

“Oh, yes, of course, sir,” Harry said. “But I’ve only had two dates with him. Isn’t that bit soon to have him meet my parent or guardian?”

“I was simply interested in what type of person you find attractive,” Albus said. Harry froze.

“Attractive?” Harry asked. “I find him attractive?”

“Don’t you?” Albus asked. Harry was thinking.

“I suppose I must,” Harry said. “I mean…I enjoy his company and he’s not bad looking at all. I just never realized that I…that I was attracted to him.” Albus scowled a bit in thought as he steepled his fingers.

“You have admitted to me your fascination with one certain student here,” Albus said. Harry nodded and looked to his knees. “And I have no doubt that you find that person attractive in an appreciative way of their physical features.”

“Who doesn’t?” Harry asked. “He’s beautiful and he knows he is. I practically go weak in his presence and would babble like an idiot if we actually spoke. That’s why I try to keep my distance from him now. But I think about him all the time…and I mean a lot.”

“It’s alright to have a crush on another person,” Albus said. “Is that what you have for Malfoy?”

“A three year crush?” Harry asked. “I guess that’s what it must be. But the odd thing is that I get this flush all over me when he speaks to me. It’s like being doused in hot water. Some kind of rush and it’s weird. It happens if he asks me to pass the dragon bile in potions or if he’s insulting me on the Quidditch pitch. I still get that tingling feeling.” Harry laughed softly at himself. “It’s unnerving.” Albus scratched his chin.

“Do you get that same feeling when you’re with Mark?” Albus asked. Harry shrugged.

“Not the feeling I get when looking at Draco, but it’s so pleasant with Mark. He’s kind to me and just so nice,” Harry said. “I like him a lot.”

“I see,” Albus said knowing more than he could ever tell Harry. “I will approve you going on Saturdays to Tonks’ apartment. I trust that she has no issues with you staying there since she was for the idea.”

“No, sir,” Harry said. “In fact, we are quite close as friends. She was upset over the fact that she is going to break up with David because she isn’t in love with him. I comforted her for a long time and I even told her about my weird thing over Draco Malfoy that I can’t get rid of.” Harry grinned in a amused way. “Tonks and I made a pact that every few weeks that we’d sit down and talk or owl each other about how our relationships or lack thereof were going and that we’d support each other. Since Mark is a muggle and can’t attend any function here, Tonks suggested that she come with me to every school dance and function. She even agreed to come as my date to the Christmas Yule Ball. That is if I don’t have a date of my own for any of those functions, but I can’t see me having a date to anything here.”

“So you plan to keep your preferences with relationships private at Hogwarts?” Albus asked.

“I think that would be best. Don’t you?” Harry asked.

“Your life is your own, Harry. If you wanted to bring a male companion as a date to any function that is your decision,” Albus said.

“Sir, you know that if I did that it would be a scandalous action and all over the Daily Prophet in hours,” Harry said. “Over half of the wizarding world thinks I suffer from mental illness.”

“Do you suffer from mental illness?” Albus asked with a grin. Harry returned it.

“No, I don’t suffer from it. I quite enjoy it,” Harry teased and they laughed. “Possibly in a few years after I’m graduated and not a student, I would be able to ask out another male wizard like I’d like to do and it not become a tabloid nightmare for either of us. But for right now, I need to keep the wizarding part and the other parts of myself separate until I can learn to integrate them without ridicule. This is still new to me and I’m still learning.”

“I understand your concerns,” Albus said. “I’m very proud of you for being so open with yourself. So accepting. I consider myself privileged that you’ve shared with me so freely how you feel about your preferences and what you plan to do. That’s comforting to me as your guardian that you trust me with such delicate issues in regard to yourself.”

“I’ve always trusted you, sir, and I would have told you sooner had I figured it out before now,” Harry said. “It’s just that I didn’t understand how I felt. I knew I had no interest in girls at all and that the only other person I’ve ever found attractive in any way was my enemy and to my horror it was a boy. But I’m so blessed to have you listen and give me advice. Your wisdom is legendary and boundless. I’m the privileged one to have you giving me guidance.”

“I think you are wise enough to guide yourself in this respect. You know your feelings better than anyone, but I will always be here to listen and attempt to help you if I can,” Albus said. “It’s nearing nine now. I will send Arthur and Molly an owl telling them that you plan to come to the Burrow tomorrow. Since you can apparate, I’ll allow you to apparate there after breakfast if you’d like.”

“Yes. I would. Thank you, sir,” Harry said standing and putting his bag over his shoulder and then looking to the two books on Albus’ desk. Albus noticed.

“I believe these are yours,” Albus handed the books to Harry and he put them in his bag. “Did you purchase any other reading material?”

“Yes, sir. I bought these, too,” Harry showed the man the literature compilations and the scenic photography of the world. Albus looked over both.

“Fine selections,” Albus said. “Are you interested in photography?”

“Somewhat. But I just liked that book,” Harry said. “I’ve never been anywhere in the world and I’d like to see some of those places one day. I did use Collin’s camera one time and it was great. I might like to have one of my own one day.” Albus nodded and considered that information. Christmas was in four months and that seemed like a nice gift that Harry would enjoy.

“I’ll send the owl now to the Weasleys,” Albus said. “Goodnight.”

“Goodnight, sir,” Harry said. “And thank you for everything.” They nodded to each other and Harry left his office. When in his very quiet dorm room, Harry unpacked his things and put his laundry in the side hamper for the houselves. He hung his leather pants and new clothing up carefully taking a moment to run his fingers over the leather Immediately one sexy blond popped into his mind.

Harry was lost momentarily in the memory of one particular Ravenclaw party in which Draco had worn tight leather pants and the most silky flowing white shirt that was open at the front halfway down his chest. His blond hair was a bit longer at that time and hung in tiny spikes over his penetrative steely gaze. Draco had danced with almost everyone at the party. His forward nature and skilled hands had teasingly touched every dance partner seducing them into thinking that they were in some small way special to him making them almost swoon with the thoughts of having him. It was obvious. Harry wondered which of his many selections he’d taken to his bed that night. Harry swallowed and knew his body was reacting to that thought. Was it a girl? Was it another guy? Both?

Shaking his head in attempting to get rid of that thought and adjusting his jeans to cope with a strain in his crotch area over Draco in leather, Harry pulled out the two books on homosexuality and started to read where he left off the night before. It was half past one in the morning when he’d finished reading. Once he’d begun reading he couldn’t stop for his intense interest. The last chapter was all about physical sex with another partner. Positions, pleasure spots, how to’s and general advice and recommendations.

Harry was now rock hard from the words and images in the book. This dorm room was much larger than the previous years and even partitioned  with a thin wall between each boy’s personal space giving privacy since they were now older and may want that. Harry was grateful for the feeling of having his own partitioned type room. The adjoining bathroom was simple with two toilets, two sinks, one tub and one shower, but the best thing was the full length mirror on the bathroom wall letting them each assess their full forms.

Harry undressed and stood looking at himself naked in the mirror. He turned one way and then the other. There was only muscle there for which he was grateful. Harry ran his hand over his chest which was smooth and sculpted and then to his stomach and abdomen which had small ripples which were appealing. His legs from running were sculpted nicely and his arms were shapely from his push ups and physical regimen. He viewed his  backside as best he could and scowled not knowing if all was well from the back. With a shrug he turned to asses the other parts.

Mark said Harry’s cock was a nice size and that was a huge relief. Harry knew he was larger than Ron and the other boys in his own dorm room which, for any guy, is a great ego boost. Mark was a bit smaller but relatively the size of Ron, Harry guessed. At looking at his own body and from reading in the book, he was still rock hard. He was the only person in the entire school besides Albus who, by this time would be sleeping soundly.

With apprehension but wanting to explore a bit more with his sexuality, Harry put a towel in the floor beside the mirror and sat on it to keep from sitting on the cold tiles. He touched himself slowly all over and watched how his body reacted even watching his facial expressions and how he moved. His hand slid over his leg, up his hip and with a shift in position he could see his own entrance. He scolded himself for feeling embarrassed with his own body when he was the only one there. At conjuring the lubrication on his hand, Harry touched himself and watched in the mirror at how everything looked as he did it. He slipped his middle finger into his body slowly because he was relaxed and it didn’t hurt at all. Just pleasure. His eyes were locked on the sight of his finger disappearing into himself each time. He felt into his body and had eventually been able to find his prostate which he massaged gently and almost came from the feeling of it’s sensitivity.

After a while with one finger he ventured to add another and winced only slightly at the stretching, but then relaxed and began to enjoy that tight feeling. At looking at his own cock and realizing it was at least three if not four fingers in girth, Harry attempted to add a third finger in simulation of what an actual cock might feel like penetrating his body. The light pain wasn’t that bad and he went very slowly until after a while all three fingers were inside and moving in and out with the lubrication. It was sheer bliss and Harry closed his eyes to just enjoy the feeling of being fucked by his own fingers.

The images played about on the outside edges of his mind and knowing he’d come eventually, he allowed one to surface. What if it were his pale pureblood fantasy who was doing this to him? His gentle touch, his scent, his lips brushing over Harry’s tanned skin and toned body. Would he be whispering those sweet words? Would those slim, slender fingers of his strong but delicate hands dare to touch him, enter his body and give this pleasure? Harry imagined the feeling of those hands on him. Rubbing over his skin lightly and then those slender digits pushing inside him like this. Or…what if it were Draco’s own cock sliding into him, stretching him, taking him…or oh god…slowly making love to him? With a gasp at the over sensation, Harry lay back on the towel and with only ten strokes of his hand to his cock with his fingers still working deeper inside him, he came harder than he’d ever done before with almost a yelping scream of pleasured orgasmic bliss.

Harry had stilled and held onto that mind numbing total body wave of sensuality for as long as it would last before he relaxed and slowly pulled his fingers from his body. There was a definite tenderness there now from his invading fingers and Harry knew that after sex with an actual other real person it would probably be worse. He grinned at the thought. He could imagine that act, but would it be like he thought? Another person inside his body? Another guy touching him in such ways? A cock pushing through the tightness and filling him fully? What would that feel like? The thought played about in his mind. Who would be his first? Harry stumbled on that question as he stood up and noticed his splattered semen on his stomach. Since he was already naked he took a hot shower and dressed in his pajama bottoms. He never wore a pajama top if alone. After he’d done his pushups and sit ups still remembering what had happened in the bathroom he slipped into his bed.

As he lay in the dark thinking of what he’d just done, he stilled in confusion. It had always been Draco’s image that was always his fantasy when he touched himself. But wasn’t Mark the one it should have been now? Harry was confused but tried to ease his frustration by telling himself he had just met Mark but had been with Draco for years. Well, not been with him, but had lived here in the school and had seen him every day for most of the last six years. Harry had watched Draco walk into the dining hall every morning, had watched him fly at every match he’d ever played at Quidditch, had watched him in class, had watched him….Harry had watched him. It was just because he was a great flier, a great student, and that Harry had to be aware of his enemy hadn’t it? It wasn’t because he was admiring how gorgeous and stunning he was or that he was always dressed so nicely or that his skin almost glowed in sunlight. Did Draco know he’d been watching him?

Harry almost panicked at thinking that Draco may have seen him staring. Harry bit his fingernail and consciously decided that he wouldn’t look at Draco anymore like that. Like that? Like what? With desire? Harry almost broke out into a cold sweat. That’s what it was. It was desire. He wanted Draco. It was so painfully obvious now that he had identified it finally. He wanted Draco. And the most horrible thought of all. Harry wanted him tenderly. Lovingly. Love? What the hell? Harry almost choked as he sunk down into his bed as if hiding from the thoughts he were having. Harry Potter wanted Draco Malfoy.

“No,” Harry whispered into his empty room. “Oh my god no. I don’t love him. I don’t even like him. That is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard I my life. I do not in any way love Draco Malfoy. That’s just insane.” Harry scolded himself and turned over in the dark thinking that he’d just had a very serious sexually satisfying encounter with himself and a very long day and that anything right now was delusion and confusion in his mind. Things would look different in the morning. With that thought, he fell into a sated sleep.

The whizzing of his snitch clock woke Harry at five and after touching the snooze button twice, Harry rolled out of bed sleepily and looked out of the window. It was already turning bright out so he slipped on jogging pants, t-shirt, headband and sneakers. The castle was always cooler in the mornings and he walked briskly through the hallways to warm his muscles stretching a bit for his morning run. The light fog of the morning was always beautiful and Harry had calculated his run so that he was running by the lakeside when the fog was still hanging lazily over the water. It was a beautiful breathtaking sight each and every time.

Knowing his wandless casting test with Albus would be after breakfast, Harry stopped and rested for a moment with his hands on his knees. He practiced his casting over the water for a half hour and each cast was perfect. Harry smiled knowing Albus would be pleased with his efforts, but wandless casting was something that had come almost naturally to him. The more Harry used his wandless ability the easier it became to almost cast without even thinking of the spells. It was as if magic just happened as he wanted it. With a wandless ability no spoken incantation was necessary and Harry always liked that idea meaning he could cast in the vicinity of muggles and not be detected at all. He started with a light jog and then turned it into a faster pace taking the same trail that he always took around the Hogwarts grounds. Harry showered and dressed in his khaki shorts, a white tank top and over that a button up light blue shirt with white and khaki argyle on the sides, his new sneakers and ankle socks. He looked to the mirror and still didn’t need to shave.

“You may have to shave in a few days,” his reflection in the mirror said shyly.

“I will?” Harry asked looking again. “I guess you’re right.”

“I don’t know,” the reflection shrugged. “Maybe not.” The real Harry shrugged back. Harry packed his clothing for the week noting to take his leather pants and new burgundy shirt with the black leather trim. It was a dressy outfit and Harry liked it. When everything was properly packed, Harry picked up the two gay issues books he’d bought along with one of the classic literature compilations. He thoughtfully tapped a finger on them and then put them in his bag underneath a few things. He’d packed several pairs of jogging pants and his old running sneakers which he used for his morning exercise, both of the white headbands which he owned, and his shaving kit. With a pat down of himself to be presentable, he picked up his bag with the strap over his shoulder and the bulk of the bag on his left hip, left his dorm room and went to the dining hall where Hagrid was just pulling a chair to sit.

“Good morning,” Harry said brightly with a smile as he took his seat.

“Seen ye running,” Hagrid said pulling over at least six pieces of toast onto the platter which he used for a plate. Harry took a scoop of scrambled eggs.

“It was lovely morning to run,” Harry said. “I like the fog on the lake in the morning. It’s so surreal and peaceful. When are you returning from seeing Olympe? I’m going to Ron’s after breakfast to stay until two days before term begins. I was hoping that you and I could go to Hogsmeade one afternoon before school starts and we’re both busy.”

“Aye. S’pose te be back on tha’ same day as you,” Hagrid said. “We’ make plans te go whe’ we see each other.”

“Good morning,” Albus said as he entered.

“Good morning, sir,” Harry said taking bacon and toast to his plate. “It’s turning out to be a lovely day so far. Those blue buttercup flowers that you like are in full bloom on the west cliff side banks and the sun on them was beautiful when I ran past this morning. I had to stop and look for a few moments it was such a lovely sight.” Albus was pouring himself coffee.

“It’s good that you can appreciate beauty and can see it for what it is,” Albus said. “That particular cliff side is the most rocky, blackened, jutted and rough of them all, but you chose to see the beauty there rather than what others may see. Sometimes others have difficulty in seeing the internal beauty of a thing for it’s covering.” Harry scowled. He knew there was a lesson there, but…it was backwards.

“Sir, the blue buttercups cover all the rocks,” Harry said. “So I’d be having to look for the internal ugliness in something beautiful to my eyes.”

“And that may also be difficult,” Albus said with the raised eyebrow look with eyes peering over his half moon spectacles. “Because you would never see the ugliness or the truth of something beautiful if you didn’t look for it.”

“But why would I look for ugliness? Wouldn’t I just want to enjoy the beauty?” Harry asked with the look of question as he took a bite of eggs.

“It’s always good to know what lies beneath the surface and within a thing,” Albus said. “Or even a person for that matter.” Harry nodded slowly and knew the man always said things for a reason, but this morning, Harry wasn’t understanding immediately as he usually did. He’d have to think on the buttercup analogy later. The breakfast was enjoyed and afterward the three school dwellers went to the main doors and outside onto the covered area and then onto the lush green lawn. Hagrid had things to do, and he set off toward his hut.

“Sir, I was confused about the analogy you used at breakfast,” Harry said as they walked slowly over the lawn for a few moments and stopped. “Most of the time the lesson is learning and trying to see the internal beauty of something that is unpleasant or unappealing to the eye.”

“Yes, that is a good lesson to be aware,” Albus said. “But then again think of that blue buttercup covered cliff side. The beauty is there and you want the beauty so you take it. But in the change of the season, the buttercups are gone for three seasons of the year. You would have something harsh and hard rather than the soft delicacy of the buttercups. Even though you enjoy the buttercups it’s good to be aware of what lies beneath.” Harry nodded and still didn’t know how or why the buttercup analogy was important to him just yet. He’d have to try, as he did sometimes, to take that lesson and apply it to a current situation to which the headmaster was referring. It was Albus’ way to make him think about things and was sometimes very difficult to figure out, but the man had never been wrong so far. Harry trusted him completely.

“Did you want me to do my casting test for you before I left?” Harry asked. “I could do it here, if you’d like.” Albus nodded and then started asking for different casts which Harry gave wandlessly. Albus went farther to challenge him, which Harry always liked. Without challenge there is no real test, Albus would say. The casting went on for another half hour until it was half past nine. Albus gave another lesson on the wandless casting which Harry was to practice.

“You want me to practice wandless casting at the Burrow?” Harry asked knowing Molly was a bit fearful of Harry’s abilities and strength with wandless casting. “Could you spare a few moments to come to the Burrow with me, sir? I’d like for you to tell Molly that I will need to use wandless casting while I’m there and even practice my lessons.”

“You are practically finished with your wandless casting teachings, Harry,” Albus said. “There is hardly anything else I can teach you. You don’t even need to practice that much anymore. You’ve learned the skill.”

“No, I haven’t, sir,” Harry said in a light argument. “There are spells than I’ve never cast wandlessly.”

“There will be spells you will never cast,” Albus said. “Because there is no need for every spell. I have never cast ‘petrificus totalis’ in my lifetime. That spell was created and instilled as standard a few years after I left school. I know of it and I could cast it perfectly, but I have no need of it.”

“You’ve never cast that, sir? That’s a first year spell,” Harry said with a grin. Albus shook his head. “I never knew that. How interesting.”

“So you see, I know the spell and have the knowledge to cast it wandlessly, but I have no desire or reason to do so,” Albus said. “You did well with your casting today. There will always be challenges to you with spell casting, but the challenge will lie in your concepting and mental control and not the wandless casting. You’ve mastered that ability, I’d say.”

“Thank you, sir,” Harry smiled. What a compliment. “So are you coming to the Burrow with me?”

“Yes, I’ll go with you,” Albus said. “I have nothing to do today but preparatory reports for the educational board on the new upper level classes for muggle studies and the implement of an art class and a music class which will fill the fine arts credits needed for those students wishing to attend muggle colleges.”

“We’re having an art and music class beginning this year?” Harry asked. Albus nodded. “Wow.”

“Are either one of those classes something you’re interested in?” Albus asked. “You will need to choose one of them to fulfill your fine art credits required for Oxford.”

“What type of art and music classes are these?” Harry asked.

“Let’s go to the Burrow and I’ll explain further since Hermione will also need one of those classes with her intention to attend Harrington University,” Albus said. Harry nodded. Albus took down the wards and the pair apparated to the Burrow outside the front door near the large tree.

“Hey, there’s Harry!” Ginny called. “Dumbledore is with him, mum.” Molly, Ron, Hermione and Ginny came outside where Harry smiled at them. Hermione hugged him and Harry hugged back in his shy way. Ginny hugged him, too and Harry grinned just a bit in embarrassment at the shows of affections.

“Harry, how are you?” Molly asked as she gave her hug. “And Albus, won’t you come in for a lemonade? I just made it and I also have cranberry scones, your favorite.”

“The lemonade sounds wonderful,” Albus said. “I came with Harry to speak about a few matters while he’s here and with information on a few new classes Hogwarts will have this year of which Hermione will need to know.” Hermione’s ears perked up. The six took seats around the large country table with the two long benches along each side instead of chairs. Molly poured them all a glass of lemonade with ice and Ginny put the platter of fresh, warm cranberry scones which had been iced with a sugary drizzle. Albus took one and began to eat it.

“You just had breakfast, sir,” Harry told him.

“But I like these,” Albus said.

“You’ll gain weight,” Harry said.

“I’m old,” Albus argued.

“But you still need to be healthy, sir,” Harry said softly looking to his plate. “You tell me that all the time.”

“But you’re young,” Albus said stuffing his mouth with the sweet.

“Age does not depend upon years, but upon temperament and health, you always say, sir,” Harry grinned. Albus stopped the scone on the way to his opened mouth as the others snickered at Harry giving the man back his own wisdom.

“I lied,” Albus said taking the last bite of the tasty treat with a wink. “But it’s nice to know you listen.”

“I listen to every word you say,” Harry said.

“The scary part is that he actually understands it,” Ron said to Hermione quietly but everyone heard. Albus grinned to Harry over the comment and he returned it.

“Headmaster, you said you had information on new classes this term,” Hermione said excitedly while sipping her own lemonade. Albus patted his mouth with his napkin.

“Yes. There are a few new classes, and one in which the seventh years seeking further educational endeavors will need in order to fulfill their requirement for the new fine arts credits requirement for colleges and universities,” Albus said. Albus told of the new art classes of which there were two halves during the year. The first semester until after the Christmas break was arts appreciation with a text and study on the great painters, sculpters and artisans throughout history. The second semester was something new which was hands on art decided by the student. There were several avenues of artistic expression such as painting, sketching, sculpture, interpretive dance, singing, or any other avenue considered personal artistic expression. Harry went wide eyed with panic.

“We have to do that?” Harry asked him. Albus nodded.

“This is a required class for you this term,” Albus said. Harry winced and looked to the table. “I’m sure you’ll find something enjoyable which would be considered artistic expression.”

“The only expression I have over this art class thing is dread,” Harry said. “I’m not the least bit artistic with self application. Could it be arranged so that I could use a text based art appreciation for both halves of the semester?”

“I think it would do you very well to find what avenue of expressiveness lies within,” Albus said. “There will be something which presents itself to you in which you enjoy.”

“Enjoy? Sir, this class doesn’t sound like I need it at all,” Harry said. “Shouldn’t partaking in any art related hobby be a personal choice? I don’t feel it’s necessary for me to have this finger painting class to attend Oxford.”

“Harry, art is in the eye of the beholder of it,” Hermione said. “Almost anything could be construed as artistic. I think this class is a good idea and will give us an opportunity to open our minds a bit and see things in a new way.” Harry thought on her words and took a small opportunity to comment.

“I’m glad you have an open mind, Hermione,” Harry said. “You are very accepting of things. I’ve always admired that quality about you.”

“Thank you, Harry,” Hermione said with a smile. Albus looked to Harry and they shared a tiny glance.

“Molly, I wish to ask you to allow Harry to practice a bit of his wandless casting this week,” Albus said. “Although he has technically mastered the skill, he is still required to use a wand at school in classes and his opportunities to practice his wandless skills will be diminished since I am no longer giving him a personal wandless class this year.” Harry looked to Albus.

“You’re not? What special class will I have then?” Harry asked.

“We will continue working on your other skills and abilities, and I think I will have another project for you this term,” Albus said and then took a sip of his lemonade while Harry waited.

“What is the project, sir?” Harry asked in interest.

“I’ll need to further investigate the matter before I let you know for sure,” Albus said. Harry detected his apprehension.

“I’m not going to like this project, am I?” Harry asked.

“I can’t say,” Albus scowled. “You may or you may not. I can’t decide what your reaction will be now.” Harry scowled and was confused by the entire line of questions. “I will also need to come Wednesday evening to speak with Harry on some matters of importance.”

“By all means. If you are coming in the evening around six I invite you to stay for the evening meal,” Molly said. “I plan to make  four chicken pies and my special Yorkshire pudding.”

“Sounds delicious,” Albus said. “Thank you. I accept. And I think Harry will be glad to see me Wednesday.”

“No, I won’t,” Harry said quietly.

“Harry, that wasn’t very nice,” Hermione scolded.

“Sorry, sir,” Harry said. Albus chuckled and put his hand on Harry’s shoulder knowing that when Albus came the next day that he was to tell the Weasley that he was gay and had a date for the movie night.

“Thank you for the scones and lemonade, Molly,” Albus said as he stood and came to her taking her hand in both of his own. “You are an excellent cook and a very kind woman. Harry will be in your care until he returns to Hogwarts. I’ll need him there for testing two days before term begins.” Molly nodded.

“That will be fine. We love having Harry here,” Molly said giving him the overly affectionate mothering look. “He’s such a sweet boy. Simply a joy to have around. I hardly know he’s here because he doesn’t say much. He read the whole time he was here last summer and the summer before that as well.”

“Did you bring any reading material, Harry?” Albus asked.

“Yes, sir. I think I showed you those selections,” Harry hinted. Albus nodded as to the material he knew Harry meant.

“Ah. I see,” Albus said. “I’m sure you’ll enjoy reading those texts.” Albus and Harry locked gazes for a few long moments and Harry nodded. It was known that Albus was telling him additional things mentally since they shared a mental ability in that way. Harry nodded again and then their gaze broke. Albus came to pat Harry on the back in some type of supportive way. “Until Wednesday evening then. Good day.” Albus left them all and had apparated almost as quickly as he’d left the house.

“He cares for you so much, Harry,” Molly said as she sat. “Albus is a kind and gentle man with infinite patience. I simply adore him.”

“He’s great. Hard to understand most of the time, but really good with that guardian thing with Harry,” Ron said.

“I always thought Dumbledore was sort of scary until third year,” Ginny said. “He’s very powerful and all that and with that beard and hair? I was just freaked out by him.” Harry sipped his lemonade slowly listening to them all but saying nothing as usual. They had a long conversation over previous headmasters and Hogwarts long ago as Harry conjured a coin and rolled it between his fingers, spinning it and levitating it from one finger to the next just playing with magic saying nothing.

“You’re so quiet,” Hermione said. “Say something, Harry.”

“Something, Harry,” Harry teased and Ron laughed.

“Very funny,” Hermione said. “Well, what texts did you bring to read?” Harry almost froze.

“Just some stuff,” Harry said softly.

“Did you bring your broom?” Ron asked in excitement. Harry nodded and Ron smiled. “Want to see my new one?” Harry nodded with a grin and followed Ron from the table up to Ron’s room.

“He never says anything anymore,” Ginny said stacking up their glasses and plates taking them to the sink. “Harry was always a bit shy, but never like he’s been since he killed Voldemort.”

“It could be that he was here where it happened,” Molly said. “Voldemort was killed in this very room. Maybe Harry is reminded of that when he comes here and it disturbs him.”

“Possible,” Hermione said. “He’s been withdrawn for so long now. I hope he opens up a bit to us soon. I miss the Harry that was fun loving and mischievous before Voldemort died.”

“He didn’t just die. Harry killed him,” Ginny said. “That could be part of it. Harry killed about sixteen DEs that night. If I killed that many people in a matter of minutes, I’d be a basket case, too.”

“Ginny, don’t say that,” Molly scolded. “Harry isn’t mentally unstable at all. Perhaps he’s just that way. Quiet, shy and reflective now that Voldemort is gone. We’ll give him as much time as he needs.”

“It’s been almost a year,” Hermione said. “And just forget us asking Harry to attend any school function this year. When we asked him to take a date to the second school dance last year, he didn’t speak to us for two weeks. We never said anything else about him taking a date anywhere and to my knowledge he never asked anyone out. Ever. All year. Isn’t that a bit odd for boys his age?”

“I think so,” Ginny said. “Most of the sixth and seventh years date at least twice a week and have all slept together, I think. Has Harry ever….well, you know?” Ginny gave Hermione the pointed look.

“I’m not sure, Gin,” Hermione said. “But to my own personal knowledge, no. He’s never…done…that thing.” Ginny shrugged and added soap to the sink to wash their dishes.

“Not all young people are as promiscuous as the others,” Molly told them very pointedly as she looked to her knitting. Hermione and Ginny shared a glance knowing that she meant both of them. “Harry is simply waiting until he’s in love or married to some nice girl. I think that’s very wholesome and morally sound of him. I respect that attitude very much.” Ginny did the hand movement like a talking mouth with her hand to Hermione and Molly didn’t see. Hermione grinned just a bit.

Harry and Ron brought down their brooms and Harry told Molly that he’d unpacked his things in the small chest and had lain out his pajamas on the bed she’d prepared for him. He thanked her for her preparations in his regard. Ron told Ginny and Hermione to come outside with them and they’d all race and play on brooms for a while. Ron’s new broom was fast. But Harry knew he was faster, so instead of winning outright, Harry let Ron win every race much to his total delight. Ginny and Hermione weren’t that stupid and gave Harry the look to confess. He just shrugged to them that it didn’t matter because Ron was happy and the afternoon was a delight.

Arthur came home before the evening meal and kissed his wife lovingly on the cheek. Harry who was sitting on the chair had seen the tiny peck and was reminded of Mark’s kisses. Harry was slouched in the chair comfortably with his eyes glazed over as he sat in remembering those soft, warm lips on his own, gently tugging, the taste of him and the feel of being held in his arms. He could still feel the intimate contact and the feeling of Mark’s warm breath along his jaw line and the kisses at his neck that felt so good and exciting. And also of what had happened in the bathroom stall when they touched so intimately…the feel of Mark’s mouth on Harry’s flesh and the first time he’d ever…

“Harry!” Ron yelled and Harry snapped out of his memory and looked to Ron. “What is wrong with you? I’ve been yelling for a good two minutes at you. Are you okay?”

“I’m fine. Sorry,” Harry said. “I was just remembering something. Is there something you need?”

“Yeah. Supper is on the table,” Ron said. Harry nodded and came over to sit and eat with them. The meal was enjoyed and Harry hardly said two words at all unless spoken to as normal. The topic of the trip to London came up and what movie they should see and what theatre to visit. Harry was listening intently and found out the name of the theatre. He grinned to his plate as he ate.

“What are you smiling about?” Ginny asked as she ate her peas.

“Nothing,” Harry grinned as he ate his beef and potatoes.

“You look guilty,” Hermione said.

“I am,” Harry said still grinning.

“Oh really?” Ron asked in interest with a smile. “Of what? When you’re guilty of something it’s usually good.”

“It was good,” Harry laughed softly to himself. Ron and Hermione exchanged a wide-eyed glance.

“What are you talking about, Harry?” Hermione asked in hopes. “Did you meet someone?” Harry looked up to her quickly and swallowed his tell tale guilty sign. Hermione squealed and dropped her fork. “You did! You met someone!”

“Well, who is it then?” Ron asked excited with a smile. “What’s her name? She goes to Hogwarts, right?”

“Um…no,” Harry said. “It’s not…that. Or…well, it is, but…it’s not.” All six at the table were in total confusion. One was confused as to what to say and the other five were confused as to what he wasn’t saying.

“So you did meet someone, but she’s not at Hogwarts. It must be a muggle, right?” Hermione asked.

“Well, sort of,” Harry scowled.

“Harry, sort of meeting someone who is sort of a muggle is not possible,” Ginny said. Harry nodded a bit and ate his bread hoping the conversation was over, but knowing it wasn’t. “So? Where did you meet her?”

“I didn’t,” Harry said of the her.

“You didn’t meet her?” Ron asked. “You’re not making any sense at all. Did you meet someone?”

“Yes,” Harry said.

“A muggle?” Ginny asked.

“Yes,” Harry said.

“So what’s she like?” Hermione asked.

“She’s not,” Harry said furthering his riddle. Harry gave Arthur and Molly a quick glance. Ron and Hermione looked to each other with a look

“Michael will be here at noon on Friday,” Ginny said happily changing the subject. “This will be our first real date.” Harry smiled to his plate again.

“You have to stop that,” Ron said. Hermione put her hand on Ron’s while still looking at Harry.

“Harry, did you have a date?” Hermione asked. Harry swallowed again still looking at his plate. He nodded slightly and then looked to her.

“Two actually,” Harry said.

“Really? That’s great, man!” Ron said and then scowled. “When? We just saw you a few weeks ago at your birthday and you never mentioned seeing anybody.”

“We just met,” Harry said quietly.

“Tell us about when you met,” Hermione said. “Where was it?” Harry thought as to how to put it so that it wouldn’t reveal too much. He decided to tell about the auror classes and then going to the club but not when it was…not exactly anyway.

“Well, one morning Tonks came to Hogwarts,” Harry said. “There were some auror classes on defensive training and offensive skills. It was a two day session in London and we spent the night in a hotel. Well, the first night we…”

“You and Tonks stayed in a hotel?” Ginny asked. Harry nodded as if it were nothing.

“Yeah. Well, anyway after the first day of classes, Tonks wanted to go dancing and I pitched a fit,” Harry said. Everyone at the table knew Harry didn’t dance at all. “She won the argument and I ended up going with her. We sat at the bar and I had sodas. Um…then, well, we met a few people and then I learned to dance a bit.” Harry grinned to them all and that he’d told the tale without mentioning that his date was a guy.

“That’s wonderful, Harry,” Hermione smiled with encouragement. “I always knew you’d be good dancer if you weren’t so shy. There’s nothing wrong with dancing.”

“I agree,” Harry said. “I really enjoyed it. I even learned to dance a slow dance, too. That was very nice.”

“Yeah,” Ron said in that knowing way of holding someone close. “I like that, too. So you got close to your dance teacher?” Harry was thankful Ron used those words.

“Yes, I did,” Harry said. “I had a lovely night and then we decided to meet up again the following night for pizza and a movie. In the movie, we talked the entire time. I don’t even know what the plot was.”

“That’s great, Harry,” Ginny said with a smile. “Could you ask your date maybe to go with us to the movies on Saturday night?”

“I was considering it,” Harry said with a grin. “Since everyone else has a date and I’d be alone as usual. So I thought I’d…well, see if we could meet at the theatre. My date lives in London and is a muggle.”

“Wow,” Ron smiled. “You old sly dog. You never said anything to me.”

“I’m telling you now, sort of,” Harry said quietly. “There’s a few things I’d like to tell you about my date, but I’ll…I think I’ll wait until Wednesday to do that.”

“Why Wednesday?” Hermione questioned. “Why not now?”

“I think Albus wanted to be present and hear it,” Harry said.

“So you didn’t tell Albus anything about your date?” Ron asked. Harry shrugged. “That’s bloody typical of you. You never say anything.”

“I just told you something very private,” Harry said softly. “Although you may have only heard half of it, I still told you.”

“What?” Hermione asked.

“Nothing. Forget it,” Harry said as he finished off the meal in silence but with just a bit of encouragement that his friends were supportive, as always, of the dating issue. They didn’t, however, realize that the date was not a female. He’d try again later cluing them more. Molly had cheesecake with blueberry sauce which was always Harry’s very favorite dessert on the planet seconded only by strawberry shortcake.

“Let’s do something,” Ron said after he’d finished off his third piece of pie and everyone was done eating. “We could go for a walk. It’s almost dark.”

“I could do some casting,” Harry said. “I need to work on some things Albus is having me do.”

“You mean wandless casting?” Arthur asked. Harry nodded.

“I’ll reinstate your wards if I break them,” Harry said. “I have to do that all the time at school.”

“Your casts can break wards?” Hermione asked in awe. Harry nodded looking to his empty plate again. “That takes a tremendous amount of strength.” Harry nodded again but said nothing.

“If you plan on using that amount of power, what spells are you practicing on? What casts?” Molly asked with just a hint of dread.

“Any kind,” Harry said. “Any cast I make within a hundred yards of the house will break the four wards on it.”

“I have five wards on the house,” Arthur said. Harry sat still. “Don’t I?” Harry shook his head.

“No. There are only four,” Harry said with a shrug. “I can tell it. One for apparation into the house, one sealant, and two protective wards against fire and damage.”

“I also have a structure strengthening ward up,” Arthur said. Harry shook his head. “I should have one. I guess it didn’t take or was interrupted.”

“It didn’t take,” Harry said. “I can add that for you if you want. The wards on Hogwarts now are my own, so I guess if Albus trusts me to keep the school wards, I could put some here for you.”

“The wards on the school? You made them?” Hermione asked. Harry nodded a bit. “That’s great, Harry. I wasn’t aware you could do that.” Harry shrugged.

“Albus taught me. The wards last year were mine, too,” Harry said with a tiny grin.

“You must be like really powerful and stuff,” Ginny said. Harry shrugged again. Hermione rolled her eyes at his shyness.

“Come on. Let’s go out for a bit. It’s hot in here,” Ron said.

“I could add a tempered cooling charm to the house at a set temperature, Arthur, if you’d like,” Harry said. “I have a very nice one on our dorm room in Gryffindor Tower now that keeps the temperature at a comfortable seventy six degrees Fahrenheit year around regardless of the outdoor temperature rises or drops. I’d have to cast the charm which would break your wards, but I can put them all back.” Harry nodded.

“That would be excellent,” Arthur said. “Molly, you wouldn’t mind, would you?”

“Um…no. That would be very thoughtful of you, Harry,” Molly said.

“You want it now?” Harry asked. Arthur nodded. Harry looked around the room and then stood and backed away from the table. With a punch forward of his fist every ward broke and the wash of cool wind filled the room from Harry’s breaking spell.

“Whoa,” Ron said. “That was cool.” Harry did a small wave of his hand which filled the room with a cooling air immediately. With two more arced waves of his hand over his head, Harry dropped his hands.

“There. All done,” Harry said.

“That was it?” Ginny asked disappointed. “I didn’t feel anything.”

“My wards are non-statical and permanent unless there is a cast of fifty magical decibules inside this structure,” Harry said.

“Fifty?” Ron asked in awe. “Nobody casts on fifty decibules. Maybe, Dumbledore, but he’s the only one.”

“I can,” Harry said. “My highest level is one hundred twelve.”

“There’s no way,” Hermione said. “Harry, the strongest spell cast ever recorded is only ninety-six.”

“I was tested on a scale,” Harry said. “Mad Eye brought it three weeks ago. I had five casts and my highest level was a one twelve. I promise I’m not lying.”

“Oh man. You could do some serious damage with a spell cast that hard,” Ron said. Harry nodded as he sat timidly on the bench again.

“These are good wards,” Arthur said of the wards. “I can hardly detect them at all.”

“I make the wards strong, but thinner than average so that you can’t feel the static when using magic in the house,” Harry said. “Albus requested that the wards on Hogwarts were thinner so that the students practicing casting wouldn’t have that normal interference like we did two years ago.”

“I noticed that the static charges were less last year, but I never asked anyone about it,” Hermione said. “Very good, Harry. Good warding.”

“Thanks,” Harry said and he bit his lip in waiting for someone to speak.

“Let’s go outside,” Ron said. The walk along the pond was fun. Ron and Hermione held hands and kissed lightly a few times. Ginny was throwing stones in the pond and Harry was sitting on the log looking over the pond and the bright starry night. After he’d cast many spells over the water as they watched, Hermione and Ginny started asking for other things Harry could do like conjuring weird selected, detailed items and transfiguring sticks and rocks into different things. Almost everything Harry made for them he changed back to a stick or a rock. There was one necklace which Ginny described that she wanted and Harry made it to her specifications.

“This is great,” Ginny said of the silver chain with tiny diamond like studs along the thin smooth strand. “Can you add a permanent spell to make this so I can wear it all the time?” Harry nodded and waved a hand over it.

“There,” Harry said.

“That was it?” Ginny asked. Harry nodded. “So I can keep this forever and it will never vanish?” Harry nodded. “Wow. Thanks, Harry.”

“It was a rock and a spell, Gin,” Harry said. “Not too difficult.” Harry laughed softly and then sat on the log with them.

“I’d like to hear more about your date,” Hermione said. Harry almost froze. “How far did things get? Did you hold hands?” Harry nodded.

“Did you kiss?” Ginny asked. Harry stilled, swallowed and then nodded slightly

“Oh my god!” Ron said. “You kissed?” Harry nodded a bit with a tiny grin as he bit his lip. “You shit! You didn’t even tell me, Harry. I’m hurt.”

“Ron, there’s more to it than that,” Harry said.

“Oh my god! Harry, did you have sex?” Hermione asked. Harry looked to her with wide eyes.

“No. Of course not,” Harry said. “We just met, Herm. And I’m….I just…no. We didn’t do anything like that.”

“But you wanted to,” Ron taunted with a sly grin. Harry shook his head. “You liar. Hell, man. You’re seventeen. Get a clue, Harry. Sex is great.” Harry gave Ron the look.

“I must not dwell on sex every minute like you do,” Harry said. “I do have other meaningful thoughts, ideas and concerns. Tonks says I’m a prude. I guess that’s true.”

“No, it’s not,” Hermione said. “There’s nothing wrong with respecting your partner and not taking things too quickly. I mean, you’ve only had two dates with this girl.” Harry almost winced. “Maybe she’s not ready.”

“I can’t wait to meet her,” Ginny said. Harry almost laughed but held his grin. Ginny noticed. “I bet she’s just like you, Harry.”

“My date is more like me than you could possibly realize,” Harry said wisely.

“It’s good you found someone you have something in common with,” Ron said. Harry nodded with his shy grin still intact.

“You seem quite pleased,” Hermione said with a smile of encouragement. Harry nodded.

“I am,” Harry said. “I’m very pleased with the development.”

“Development?” Ginny laughed. “You make it sound like some scientific experiment.”

“No, it’s not an experiment,” Harry said wisely. “But in having had these two dates with this person, I have learned a lot about myself.”

“Really? Like what?” Ron asked.

“My preferences in selecting a companion,” Harry said dodging the important issues. “What I find attractive and what I don’t.”

“That’s good,” Hermione said. “What does she look like?” Harry just shook his head. “Come on. Is she pretty?” Harry shook his head that he wasn’t saying anything else.

“You are so weird,” Ron said. “What color hair?”

“Brown,” Harry said.

“What color eyes?” Ron asked.

“Blue and very similar to yours,” Harry said to Ron.

“See? That wasn’t so bad, was it?” Hermione asked. “It’s like pulling teeth getting any information out of you anymore, Harry.”

“Well? What’s her name?” Ginny asked. Harry grinned and shook his head. “You won’t even say her name?”

“Hoffman,” Harry said with a grin. “Last name. Hoffman.”

“She doesn’t have a first name?” Ron asked. Harry laughed a bit.

“Give us a letter then. First letter of the first name,” Ginny said.

“M,” Harry said.

“Mary? Margaret? Millicent?” Hermione guessed. Harry shook his head.

“You will never guess this in a million years,” Harry said.

“Mattie? Minerva?” Ginny asked and they laughed. Harry shook his head.

“Mandela?” Ron asked. Harry shook his head. “Tell us then.”

“I’ll tell you tomorrow,” Harry said and then checked his watch. “I need to get to the house. I have sit ups and push ups to do and I have to be up by five for running.”

“You’re still doing that?” Hermione asked. Harry nodded. “Let me see your stomach again.”

“No,” Harry said shyly.

“Ron will tell us anyway,” Hermione said.

“Take off your shirt,” Ginny said. Harry gave her the look.

“No,” Harry said. “Let’s go. I have some things to read before bedtime, too.” The four went back to the house. Ron ate a sandwich even though he’d eaten a huge supper. Hermione and Ginny were playing with Crookshanks in the living room, Arthur was reading the paper and Molly was knitting. Ron was looking at the sports section of the paper. Harry went to his room to do his push ups and sit ups.

“We could go up and check him out while he’s exercising,” Ginny said.

“Yeah. He always does that without a shirt,” Ron said. The three jumped up and crept up the stairs. They listened at the door and Harry knew they were there and why. With a sigh, he finished his sit ups and stood in waiting. The three came in to surprise him but Harry just stood with the head tilt.

“What? We just wanted to see. Oh my god, you’re a hunk,” Ginny said. Harry blushed and reached for his shirt. Hermione grabbed it.

“Stop being so shy,” Hermione said. “You are our best friend. “I’ve seen you shirtless a million times. And you look really good, Harry.”

“You should never wear clothes,” Ginny said in appreciation. “I wish Michael looked like that.”

“Stop it. You’re embarrassing me,” Harry said holding out his hand for his pajama top. Hermione gave it and Harry slipped his arms in and buttoned it up. “I have to get to bed. It’s nearing ten.”

“It’s the summertime,” Ron said.

“So?” Harry asked as he slid into bed and sat with his knees pulled up.

“You need to open up a bit, Harry,” Hermione said kindly as she sat next to him very closely. “You’re a fun person, but you never do anything anymore. It’s like you…you just stopped living after Voldemort died.”

“I didn’t,” Harry said softly. “I’m just different than you, Herm. And Ginny and Ron.” There was a long silence in the room. “I will tell you this. You are all my best friends and I’ve never needed friends more than I do right now. I’ve learned some things recently about myself and I was surprised. Shocked even. I’m just coming to terms with some very critical issues with me and I hope that I can count on you all to understand and be supportive with what you will find out about me soon.”

“What is it then?” Ron asked. “You know we won’t care what it is. You’re still my best friend in the world. Nothing can change that no matter what it is.” Harry smiled.

“Thank you,” Harry said. “I hope you mean that, Ron. This may be a bit difficult for you to know.”

“Is it something bad?” Hermione asked in concern putting her hand on Harry’s who held it.

“I don’t think so,” Harry said and then looked to their joined hands. “In fact, I’m quite relieved about finally knowing it for certain. I had suspected this thing for a few years, but just recently I realized that it is, in fact, the truth.”

“You’re making me worry,” Ginny said. “You’re not sick or something, are you?”

“This isn’t an illness,” Harry said. “But it will affect my life. It has affected my life already in many ways, and some I didn’t even realize until recently.”

“You speak in riddles,” Hermione said. “Can’t you tell us a bit more? Or give us a hint?” Harry sighed.

“I will tell you Wednesday when Albus arrives,” Harry said.

“So he knows this secret thing?” Ron asked. Harry nodded. “I feel worried now.”

“Don’t,” Harry grinned. “It’s nothing to worry about at all. I’m happy about it. Really. I am. But I need to get to sleep.”

“Of course,” Hermione said. “But just know that whatever this is, that we’re still your friends and nothing you could say or do would change that.” Ron and Ginny both nodded.

“You don’t know how much that means to me,” Harry said. “I really love you guys.” Hermione hugged Harry lightly and kissed his cheek. “Goodnight.”

“I’m going back downstairs for a while,” Ron said. Harry nodded and they all left. He was relieved that his friends had given their support even thought they had no idea of what he was speaking. Harry pulled out the other book on gay relationships and with a whirl of his finger had creating a small ball of hovering light. He opened the book as he lay on his side and began to read. After an hour, he put out the light and stuffed the book back into his bag and pushed it under the bed. Within minutes Harry was asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 19.4K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
463K 7.1K 81
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
30.9K 1.8K 16
A Drarry Story. Some eight years after the war, Harry Potter has established a name for himself as someone who buys and restores old, magical (and no...
634K 23.1K 97
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...