Forest

By TheEchoSystem

Roy goes camping because his dad forced him to join, luckily, his friends come with him. However, Skid and Pu... More

Day One
Day Two
Day Three
Day Four: Afternoon
Day Four: Evening
Day Four: Sunset's End

Day Four

246 4 11
By TheEchoSystem

Rick was at the cabin again, opening up his phone and going to text Patty. The amount of time away from her was eating away from him, he felt lonely even if he was with people. Rick was talking to Roy more, last night before they went to bed, Rick and Roy had a meaningful conversation.

About boys.

The conversation went a little like this. “So Roy,” Rick’s fingers linked together, he sat down next to Roy and said, “Do you have a crush on Rob or Ross by any chance?”

“Oh my GOD,” Roy sighed, “no I don't, we’re just friends.”

“That's what they all say,” Rick grinned, “you know...it's okay to tell me about it, I was a kid once.”

Roy didn't say anything for a bit, but his face was red and he knew Rick wasn't gonna drop it, “Well...it's hard to explain.”

“That's okay,” Rick says,”it's okay not to know, you're a kid-”

“No, I'm not sure what to do,” Roy admitted, “I like two people at the same time.”

“Ah,” Rick rubs his chin, thinking of what to say, “why not date them both,thats what I would do.”

“W-WHAT,” Roy exclaims, “would mom even be okay with that?”

“Look there's a bunch of secrets we've been keeping because we aren't sure how you'd react,” Rick explains, “but yes, your mother would be okay with it.”

“Oh...thats all I needed to know,” Roy curled up in a ball where he sleeps, “How do I tell them?”

“Ask if they're okay with a relationship with more than one person,” Rick also explained, “that would be called a poly relationship, and I just wanna say that I'm aware the relationship will not be se-”

“Don't mention that stuff pLEASE,” Roy emphasized, “you know I’d never,especially after...yeah.”

“I'm sorry Roy,” Rick sighs, “I really am. And I'm especially sorry for reminding you about him.”

Roy didn't necessarily say anything. He laid down and smiled. It was actually genuine.

“I'm glad you're sorry,” Roy mumbled and closed his eyes. Rick wanted a definite answer from him, an “I forgive” or “I won't forgive,” would be very nice.

“He's probably not going to forgive you,” Patty replied, finally bringing Rick to the present, “he will find peace in the fact that you're trying to be better, though.”

“That's not enough for me,” Rick actually started to feel desperate, “why can't I just tell him how I feel? And why can't he just keep a level head whenever I mention the mistakes I made as a father?”

“Probably because the ‘mistakes’ had linked to Roy’s trauma,” Patty started instantly replying which is making Rick a little worried, “yes sweetie, you made many mistakes, and for that I forgive you, our son cannot be reminded of his uncle, so please don't even mention him or imply the things he has done.”

Rick sighs, “Christ, I hate that bitch. How can he do that to our child? I'm just...not even sure what to do with Roy. I just want an answer from him.”

“I'm aware, but you need to be patient,” Patty felt tired, “that's something you lack very much of.”

“Wow thanks sweetie,” Rick adds, “/s”

“Hehe.”

“Oh off topic,” Rick said remembering, “did you take your meds?”

“Oh I should go do that,” Patty sighs irl, “I kinda can't though.”

“Call me now,” Rick replied. Patty felt a bit happy about calling, but she knows he's gonna be ‘yelling’ at her to take her meds (and by yell, I mean encourage her to take her pills).

At camp, Lila was awake with Robert, the two were walking together down the river, making sure to stand a long distance away so they wouldn't fall in.

“Skid is healing awfully quickly,” Robert said amused, “I wonder if he’ll feel better soon.”

“He will,” Lila replied, “it's quite interesting how Skid is healing so quickly, the wound on his head had already scabbed over, it might become a scar…”

“A very cool one,” Robert added, “He's gonna be the talk of the school probably.”

Lila looked a little worried, “He might get bullied...he sometimes comes home and tells me what his bullies did to him that day, shame on them. When I see them, I'll show them a lesson.”

Robert looked worried.

“Don't worry,” she added quickly, “I'd just tell their parents...but wow..12 year olds bullying 8 year olds? How sad. Kids these days…”

“Uh...well,” Robert looked nervous, “maybe the bullies are jealous? Maybe they don't have good families and bully because...well..uh”

“Do you know the bullies?” Lila asked.

Robert nodded in shame, “It's because I'm one of t-them.”

“EXcuse me...WHAT,” Lila exclaimed, “Why? Why would you SPIT on my child? And force him into a box?”

“To make Roy feel better,” Robert sighed, “I know...it's stupid it really is. Roy’s just been through a lot. All of us had.”

Lila was looking at him as if to say “go on”.

“I'm sorry,” Robert mumbled, “I didn't even really want to bully them in the first place.”

“Roy did this?” Lila growled, “He made you do this?”

“Yes,” Robert adds, “Well no because we voluntarily did it but...ughhhhh how do I put this.”

“What happened to him to make you so inclined to bully Skid and Pump,” Lila’s voice shook a little, “it can't be that bad can it?”

Robert then whispered everything he knew about Roy’s family into Lila’s ear. Lila actually could not comprehend what Robert was saying.

“I need to speak to Rick,” Lila’s voice was deep, probably because she's pissed off now, “now.”

Robert stood back a bit, “He's at the cabin.”

Lila darted down the pathway and into the cabin. Robert stood at the clearing, he started to hear every sound of the forest. He looked up at the green leaves, he saw blue birds on the branches, squawking at each other like they were arguing. Buzzing of bees while they were collecting pollen, the bees were working hard, sometimes Robert wondered if all that hard work burdens the bees, do bees ever get tired of this? The rushing water and fish jumping up and landing into the clear, and quick stream, and instead of landing in the water, the fish lands on the hard rock jutting out of the stream with a huge thud. Then the blue bird darted at the fish, missing it as the small and silver creacher flopped back into the water.

Robert heard a noise, rustling from the bushes. “It was probably an animal, maybe,” Rob thought to himself. Robert walked toward the bush, step by step, the more he walked towards the noise the more anxious he became. The crushed leaves from his feet made crunching sounds. His heart beat every step he took. There was a moment of silence, and then a bunny jumped out of the brush, and hopped away from Robert.

“Phew,” Robert sighs, and closes his eyes. When he opened them, he felt 6 pairs of hands grab and drag him down the river.

“Don't kill him!” a high pitched voice says, “He's important, lets just make him pass out.”

Robert couldn't see who the person was, he was forced to look in front of him instead of behind, he struggled and squirmed yet to no avail, he couldn't free himself. He was then forced to the river, their hands shoving Robert’s head down the cold water. He felt the liquid rush into his nose and mouth as he screamed for someone to help, but nobody came. The only thing that came was sleep.

Lila grabbed Rick and shoved him down the trail.

“OW,” Rick is yelling, “WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!”

“Maybe you should talk to your kid more,” Lila scowled, “I know that you're ‘trying’ but you're not trying hard enough.”

“I am trying to and jesus christ this kid,” Rick panted, “Roy can't chill.”

“I wouldn't be able to chill either if my dad just decided to talk to me when he never does,” Lila was speaking quickly, but fluidly, “and he just wouldn't stop apologizing and embarrassing me every chance he got, like really Rick, I understand you're trying to be better but you need to stay with him throughout the entire day. I think Patty understands.”

“She does,” Rick mumbled, “I'm trying to stay with Roy but he's always with his friends…like yeah kids need friends but he avoids me just to talk to them.”

“Hmm…” Lila then felt a lightbulb go on in her head, “AHA! How about I get Roy and you to find something I ‘lost’? Lost in quotation marks by the way.”

“Hmm...yeah,” Rick smiles a little bit, “lets make a map and where you believed you ‘lost’ the thing.”

“Okay, let's start,” Lila smiled.

Ross woke up to find Lyra staring at his soul. Ross yelped and Lyra fell off of Ross as he was moving to get up, Skid and Pump burst into the tent, with Ross’s mom, Ry.

“Okay Ross,” Ry says, “Imma be going home, but I’ll be back to pick you up tomorrow.”

“Oh okay mom,” Ross smiled, “I mean you were barely with us the entire adventure.”

“Oh yeah I know,” she sighed, “I'm not good with socialization, I just helped catch fish for the campfire tonight.” Lyra licked her chops, she never ate fish before, but according to her mother, the taste is interesting and good.

“Cool mom,” Ross was slicking his hair down, “have a nice trip.”

“Thank you sweetie,” she said, and kissed her son’s forehead. Like that, she's gone.

“Lyra,” Ross picked up the small fox, “Can I tell you something?”

Lyra blinked up at him.

“Okay,” Ross took a deep breath, “Roy was a traitor to a cult his uncle was a part of. He was going to be used as a sacrifice, even if his blood was ‘impure’, impurity was what they wanted. They wanted the blood of a child who couldn't…”

Ross was choking up, “Who couldn't do anything about it...about this.”

Lyra’s ears drooped.

“I saw them sacrifice pure children,” Ross was trembling, “little kids, who just wanted candy.”

Lyra’s eyes widened, Ross was crying.

“There was so much blood and the fact that they came here just to get more,” Ross’s eyes went dark, “someone might die today.”

“No,” Lyra thought, “my mother said no one will die, no one in the prophecy will die, it's okay Ross.” Lyra wanted to tell him this, but whenever she tried, all he heard was barking.

Ross smiled, “Maybe I am overreacting, I'm just....worried.”

“And that is understandable,” Lyra thought, her head bumped against Ross’s arm. Ross didn't exactly know why he was emotional that day, but he didn't exactly like it. He hated it, he knew he was going to break today, he put Lyra onto the ground and she ran after Roy.

“Roy,” she thought, “I should stay with him, and Skid and Pump.” Lyra went up to Rick, who stood outside the tent, he took a breath and opened the passageway, Roy was asleep.

“He looks tired,” Rick said out loud to himself, quietly, “I’ll let him sleep.”

Lyra ran into his tent and curled up next to Roy, “I wonder why mom describes him as a flame,” Lyra wondered, “a flame that flickers in and out. That is ominous.”

“What I say is not what I mean exactly,” Lyra remembered what her mom said, “what I mean, you'll figure it out when you think about it.”

So Lyra thinks about it, and comes to the conclusion that Roy has a temper that goes out very quickly, and he might have a dark future with some light. Lyra hopes he has a bright future, and not just flickers of hope. Hope is important but a good life doesn't depend on hope, purley. The fox closes her eyes and a couple hours later, Roy wakes up.

Roy walked into the clearing with Lyra at his heels, there was no one there. The clearing was messy and disorganized, Lila would never allow that to happen. Roy felt pangs of worry, he looked around the place to find a note in an unknown person’s handwriting.

“Hello Roy,” the note says, “how are you?”

For some reason, the note freaked Roy out, it didn't look like Rob, Ross or Rick’s handwriting and he isn't sure why anyone else would write something like this. Roy took the note and searched the tents, Skid and Pump lying in one, Pump’s mask was gone and Roy had a good look at his face. He has a round face and very curly hair, he looked peaceful and his chest rose up and down with every breath. Skid still had some bandages, the one around his head was still there but the ones on his arms were gone.

Roy shook them away, they looked disoriented and groggy.

“Wake up, dummies,” Roy growled, “where is everybody?”

“I don't know,” Skid grumbled, “We were asleep.”

“Maybe they are in the forest somewhere,” Pump suggested, “maybe look there before waking us up.”

“Don't give me an attitude,” Roy said, giving them an attitude.

“We weren’t even giving you one-” Pump started.

“Shut up,” Roy grabs Pump and drags him out the tent, “you're coming with me.”

“W-WHY?” Pump yelped.

“Because,” Roy replied, “I CAN.”

Pump calmed down a bit, “Are you scared of going alone?”

“Oh my god,” Roy sighed, “No I'm not.” Roy was lying.

“Don't lie to me,” Pump said, “you're bad at lying.”

“Go get Skid,” Roy mumbled, “if you have him, maybe you would shut up, stupid idiot.”

“Strong words, Roy,” Pump walked back to get Skid. Roy was waiting for him when he came back with no one.

“Where is Skid?” Roy asked, worried.

“He doesn't wanna go,” Pump answered, “he's tired.”

“That is fair,” Roy shrugged, “I guess we should go.”

Roy didn't reply, but he continued to walk with Pump following. The trail was normal, nothing was disturbed but there was an eerie silence and it chilled Roy to the bone. The trees’ branches seem to be drooping, it was as if they were going to fall off, when Roy looked closer at the bark he saw the bugs chew off the rotting bark. Roy jumped back, he hates bugs and he especially hates the larvae of bugs.

Pump was ahead of Roy, he looked a little anxious. He noticed Roy and plastered a smile.

“Lets go here,” Pump pointed towards the direction of the cabin, “Maybe Rick is there with Ms. Lila.”

“Maybe so,” Roy replied, sadly.

“Is there something wrong?” Pump tilted his head.

“I think I'm too mean to my dad,” Roy sighs, “he is trying to be better and I'm starting to see that and he IS spending time with me, and I do know he loves me but-”

“But?” Pump asked.

“I can't forgive him yet,” Roy replied, “maybe one day I will but right now I can't.”

“I have no idea who has hurt you or what your dad has done to hurt you,” Pump says, “but we need to find where everyone is.”

“Dang okay,” Roy mumbled.

They walked towards the cabin to find Rick, he was asleep on the ground and he didn't look well. He looked like he ran through the woods away from something. He was covered in dirt and scratches, twigs and leaves were stuck in his hair. Roy shakes him awake. What is with Roy shaking people awake throughout this story?

“Ugh…” Rick then perks up from his sleep, “Roy?”

“Where is everyone?” Roy asked, “Why do you...look like that?”

Rick looked at Roy blankly, “Because of my parents?”

“No not that,” Roy said laughing slightly, “Why're you so messy?”

“Oh I ran away from something…” Rick said, “It's nothing to worry about!”

Roy looked at him sceptically. Roy didn't question Rick, however.

“We should look for everyone else then-” Pump started.

“No we shouldn't,” Rick quickly adds, “everyone is okay kids!”

Roy crosses his arms, “Dad what's wrong?”

Rick sighed, he knew his kid well enough to know he won't drop it (after all, that is his offspring), “Look, I'm risking our lives telling you this but everyone is in trouble.”

“WHAT,” Pump yelled, he started to run back to camp, while Rick grabbed him.

“Listen,” Rick sighs, “I'm worried about everyone, I just heard screams in the distance a couple minutes after Lila and Ross said they were going to find Robert-”

“SO ALL OF MY FRIENDS ARE GONE?!” Roy screamed, “And you just ran like a COWARD?”

“Look Roy,” Rick says, “we have to find them, I agree but you must stay at camp with Skid and Pump-”

“Haha no,” Pump said seriously, “we have to go.”

“No, you have to stay at camp.”

“No we don't,” Roy growls, “how about I go and you take care of Skid and Pump.”

“No i'm not allowing that ROY-” Rick was cut off from Roy, he darted down the trail and past the clearing. Lyra followed him. Her paws banged at the ground, Roy started breathing heavily. Roy wasn't used to running that long. Lyra was sniffing the ground.

“Did you find their scent?” Roy asked, “Can you look for them?”

Lyra started to walk towards the darkened area of the woods and Roy blindly followed.

“Roy?” Rick said behind him, “Don't do this…”

Roy said nothing and just ran into the darkness, it was pulling him in, like how one of those cowboys in those movies pulled the bulls in with lasos. Rick’s voice was lost into the darkness, Roy couldn't hear him no more.

Lyra continued walking, the ground was mushy and sticky with mud. Lyra grinned, she used to live here. Roots of trees bulged out the ground and Roy almost tripped multiple times, the darkness must've been tricking his eyes because he swore he saw glowing eyes. He heard laughter, Lyra’s ears went flat.

“Lyra what is this place?” he asked and then said, “Oh wait you're a fox, you can't answer.”

Lyra looked at him as if he was stupid. Lyra continued walking, Roy reluctantly following behind.

At the mansion, Robert, Ross and Lila were tied against a table, struggling to get up.

“Heyyyyy,” Robert says awkwardly, “may I please um...get untied?”

“No,” a deep and serious voice says, “why in the world would we do that?”

“Because if you don't I will break out myself and then I will break your face,” Lila threatened, “I'll break your bones, all of them.”

“You won't be able to when your guts are torn out of your body!” an optimistic and somewhat childish voice of a girl says in response.

“Hey boss,” a younger voice says, “can we keep this one alive?”

The cloaked figure pointed at Ross.

“Why?” the ‘boss’ replied.

“He's a cutie…” the kid says.

“No we can't keep him alive, Roger,” the ‘boss’ says, “you can have his soul though.”

“Perfect!” Roger says, bouncing on his heels.

Ross was basically paralized. He didn't say anything, he didn't move, he was just tied to the table and trembling.

“Ross it'll be okay,” Robert said, his hand was trying to reach out to him but his arms were forced to his sides from the rope. Ross was silent. Lila was also quiet, she was listening for the cult members to do something.

“Mizter Boss,” the optimistic voice said, “I feel someone is here, can I go see?”

“Yes Jay,” the Boss says, “go find Rpy specifically, I must speak with him.”

“Yes sir!” Jay started to run out the door. Now Robert is silent.

“We will deal with you three later,” Boss growled, “I'll especially need to speak with YOU, Lila.”

“I was keeping Everything from you,” Lila retorts, “I won't let you put your hands on Everything.”

“What are you talking about?” Robert’s voice was shaking.

“It's no one's business,” Lila answered, “but I promise I will protect my child and I’ll protect you and everyone else.”

Robert looked away, he was not suspicious of Lila, but something seemed off and there was so much tension in the air,

“You're the reason why we can't progress!” Roger exclaimed, “I hate you Lila!”

“I hate all of you and I hate everyone who is a part of your stupid union,” Lila was trying not to yell, “striking fear into the hearts of people and waking up a 65 million year old beast that will kill everyone in seight, including you, is not a good way to make people join.”

“Making people join isn't our worries right now,” Boss replied, “we need to get our Leader back.”

“Who's your leader?” Robert croaked, he honestly didn't expect a voice crack at this moment. Roger laughed a little.

“Robert is pretty cute too,” Roger admitted, “can we keep him alive?”

“No Roger,” Boss started mumbling curses to himself. Now getting a better look at the two cloaked figures, Robert started to notice the difference between the two. Boss was older and taller, his voice was deep and gravely, the red cloak covered his face, but Robert vaguely remembered seeing his eyes. One of his eyes had a scar, and the other glew cyan. Roger was younger and probably about Robert’s age, maybe even slightly older. Roger was also a bit shorter than Boss, Jay was the shortest and was the most femenine.

“Our leader is none of your business, child,” Boss got close to Robert, he pointed a sharp knife against Rob’s chest and he let out a scream.

“Don't,” Ross growled, “I'll break out of here and kill you if you lay a hand on Robert.”

“Oh..” Roger trailed off, “you're dating Robert aren't you.”

“I thought that was obvious,” Ross sighed.

“I hate you Robert!” Roger exclaimed.

“I hate you too, worstie,” Robert replied.

“You do realize he's the enemy right?” Lila said, “Use a better insult, Robert.”

“I don't know how to insult people Lila!” Robert groaned.

While Ross, Robert, Lila and the cultists argue, Roy and Lyra were hiding, the bushes masked their appearance but there was anxiety in both of their eyes. Jay was walking around, she was short in stature, her red cloak had gold rings on the fabric near the bottom and she had a gold necklace, the ones the cultists wear.

Roy sat down with his hands over his mouth, Lyra sniffed the air and suppressed a growl. Her fur stood on end, and her eyes had a dull glow. Jay looked around for a second, she looked at the mouth of the darkness, the only source of light through the deep parts of the Forest.

Jay walks down the path, her heels clicked against the wet Forest floor, she walked towards the light to Rick who was screaming Roy's name. Roy tried to get up but Lyra pulled him down, her sharp teeth grabbed onto his sweater and she yanked downward. Soon, Jay walked back with Rick, who was passed out. She dragged him across the floor.

"We should follow her right?" Roy mumbled. Lyra nodded, but kept her tail straight, and wagged when Roy can come out from hiding. Roy stayed relatively quiet, his body was quaking because of how shaky he felt.

When he appeared at the doorstep, he opened quietly, Jay didn't seem to notice. The room was dark, a lot of antique furniture and items were strewn around the place, and on a pedestal, a Fox.

She had bright blue fur, with dark blue paws and ears (a small white dot on one of her paws as well, like Lyra), and a fluffy tail with white ends. Her eyes were cold and she created the light in the room, a soft blue light. Her paws were in shackles and whenever she tried to move, something would dig into her heels.

Lyra winced as her mother shot up towards Jay, who just stood there, while Ashe was forced down by the chains and sharp pain. Jay started to tie Rick up, making sure it was tight and as uncomfortable as possible.

Roy hid in a dark corner near the entry of the building.

"You have to save them," Lyra thought, "this is your destiny."

"Don't move," Jay said suddenly, turning around, "now we can make this as nice as possible, Roy."

Roy froze. He couldn't say anything. His breath was caught in his throat and he felt helpless.

"Lets make a deal," Jay said giggling, " c'mon! It won't be that bad! "

Roy felt sick, but he has to do something, Jay would probably kill his dad or him on the spot.

"Yes," Roy forced the words out, " what do you want...Jay? "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 282 25
Updates regularly. The South Park kids are sent to a summer camp that is supposed to be the 'experience of a lifetime'. Technically, yes it is. Just...
66 0 6
After some family shenanigans, mr wonder sets up a family onlyfans account. Meanwhile skid and pump let the cultists play god. Takes place 1 day aft...
331 15 2
Ron has to babysit. Skid and Pump are fiercely protective. (CROSS-POSTED FROM AO3. ORIGINALLY POSTED ON 10-29-2021 AND 10-29-2022) ron, bob and littl...
391 32 10
Seven strangers start meeting in their dreams, where they find the comfort that their daily lives lacked. They start looking for each other, hoping t...