𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑...

By -starryn_ight

"𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟. 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐢𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭... More

~ ᴄ ᴀ ꜱ ᴛ ~
♤ ρяε-тωιℓιgнт ♤
ㅡ『2』
ㅡ『3』
ㅡ『4』
ㅡ『5』
ㅡ『6』
ㅡ『7』
ㅡ『8』
ㅡ『9』
ㅡ『10』
ㅡ『11』
♤ тωιℓιgнт ♤
ㅡ『12』
ㅡ『13』
ㅡ『14』
ㅡ『15』
ㅡ『16』
ㅡ『17』
ㅡ『18』
ㅡ『19』
ㅡ『20』
ㅡ『21』
ㅡ『22』
ㅡ『23』
ㅡ『24』
ㅡ『25』
ㅡ『26』
ɴᴏᴛᴇ
ᴛᴇᴀsᴇʀ

ㅡ『1』

7.8K 255 29
By -starryn_ight

┍━━━━━✿━━━━━┑
Chapter 1
The Party
┕━━━━━✿━━━━━┙

     SEBASTIAN CAELUM DONOVAN was a young man living in Venice, Italy. He considered his life as a good one. A well off and loving family. A steady lifestyle if that's what you would call it.

     Although Sebastian was a very attractive man, he couldn't find a serious or long term relationship in his life. Yes, he would date some women that his father begged him to go out with, but that was it. No one really piqued his interest.

     The ladies weren't boring nor ugly, no. They came from high status families in Italy and they actually do clean up well. However, not one of them gave him butterflies to the stomach, like the novels he liked to read, no one made him feel like there was a connection, and not a single one made him feel like he needed them.

     Sebastian's father was of course disappointed, but nonetheless let him be.

     However, their simplistic living ended with on horrible dinner. Men with blood red eyes entered their home without notice. They had a certain aura to themselves. They stood tall and proud, like how a predator would while hunting their prey.

     It all ended with a simple statement, "Let the feast begin."

     Excruciating screams echoed throughout the halls as people desperately tried to escape the room. Bodies dropping after one another with a deep wound on their necks.

     That's what they did. Draining their bodies until they've gone pale as they screamed in wretched agony.

     Sebastian stood there unmoving. He watched as his mother lay limp on the floor with wide eyes and tear stained face. His father's screams echoed through the mansion, until they've stopped and he too lay dead.

     He felt helpless. This is something he couldn't stop.

     "We're sorry to intrude a peaceful family dinner, truly we are." said one of the Crimson Eyed men before he reappeared in front of him.

     Cold, marble-like hands gripped his neck as he struggled to breathe. The red eyed man cackling at the sight in front of him.

     "Before you become a cadaver, would you like to take a guess of what we are?" The man asked

It didn't take a genius to know what these creatures are. White pale skin, cold to the touch and drinking blood. There were attacks reported everywhere. People dropping like flies, a lacerated neck. Everything gave it away.

"V-vam...pire" Sebastian replied in a shallow breath. "Monster!"

     "Splendid!" And with that, excruciating pain spread throughout his body. Cold hands left his neck as he squirmed on the floor with the burning sensation spreading out. "But I'm afraid your time is up."

     A few hours took before it finally stopped. Opening his once tightly shut eyes, Sebastian was taken aback when things became suddenly so clear? Dust particles floating in the air, the ant that was walking to the window a few feet from him.

     Not to mention the incredible hearing that he has. He quickly stood up and to his surprise, he didn't feel any pain at all. Searching his body for injuries, but there were still none.

     What just happened? That's what he thought. Not until his vision grazed the broken silver plate that had his reflection on it and his question was answered.

     The young man stood there in shock and disbelief. His hazel eyes were not there anymore. Instead, he had bright crimson glimmering eyes. His skin was ghostly pale and sparkling like hundreds of diamonds as the sun seeped to the window. His throat burned as the blood lust began.

     Snapping out of his trance, thoughts echoed his mind. In 1775, Sebastian Caelum Donovan was no longer a human being.

     He was now a Vampire

     The kind that slaughtered his family

     And he absolutely loathed himself for this.

~ | ~

     Back in 1843, Carlisle Cullen is the person... more like vampire, that Sebastian was at least glad that he met. He introduced the "vegetarian" lifestyle to the raven-haired vampire.

     For that, he was thankful when they met in Volterra, Italy. He hated to kill humans. Every time he was going for one, their cries reminded him of the night when he was turned. But when he adapted to the vegetarian life, It felt as though a burden was lifted from his shoulders.

     Though the blonde vampire had to move away as he decided to leave the Volturi. It's what supposed to be the Vampire Government. Sebastian thinks it's rubbish.

     They wanted him, because in their words "it's very much rare to find a vampire with two abilities". But he always refused to be on the high guards in the Volturi.

     Suffice to say, Aro wasn't that glad with his refusals. Nevertheless, he still let Sebastian go.

     Italy has an ample of bad memories. Thinking of a place to move to, Sebastian thought 'Why not New York?'. It's one of the places that he wished to visit when he was still human.

     Scarsdale wasn't a bad place to be. People let him be and went through their own lives. Although there weren't much animals, he could still buy some animal blood in the local market. It would be a shame to eat the neighbor's dog. Safe to say that his life is going smoothly.

     Around 1933 when he found out that Carlisle Cullen was temporarily residing in Rochester, New York and he decided that he would love to pay his old friend a visit.

~ | ~

     A party... A blasted party in Carlisle Cullen's House. He couldn't believe what was going on that night. A bunch of humans surrounding the Vampire's Home—No, inside Carlisle's home with their heads still intact.

     If he wasn't used to the vegetarian diet, he could've sworn that he already slaughtered everyone in sight; not even at will.

     People stared at Sebastian as he entered the place. Possibly wondering who he was or simply attracted by his looks, or a little bit of both. He didn't spare them a single glance as he looked for the blonde vampire.

     Sighing in content, a smile found its way to Sebastian's face when he spotted who he was looking for. Dancing with a brunette woman.

     "I'll be damned, Mr. Cullen knows how to dance?" said Sebastian, gliding to the dance floor. "I'd say I'm glad that you didn't teach me that."

     "A pleasant surprise to see you again Caelum! This is my Wife and Mate, Esme" He introduced pointing to the brunette that he was dancing with.

     "Pleased to meet you Mrs. Cullen. I'm Sebastian Caelum Donovan, the one annoyed your husband for a couple of years" taking her hand, the latter gave it a soft peck before tipping his head.

     "Carlisle told me a lot about you. Thank you for keeping his lonely self company" she joked

"All good things, I hope?" replied Sebastian. "If anything, I should be thanking him for helping me not devour anyone in sight"

     "I'll take that as a good thing dear" Esme smiled warmly before leaving the two gentlemen alone and Carlisle didn't waste anytime for a hug.

     "Why the party? I mean—we're not that human friendly if you know what I mean? Or you've gone bonkers" Everything was actually confusing to sebastian.

     You're a vampire, and you surround yourself with tons of food... I meant people.

     "We're the talk of the town since we just moved here. People are already speculating since we hardly come out due to the sun. A house party is the least I could do for us to look normal" He sighed as the latter nod in understanding.

     "I guess I will try to enjoy your human party then Cullen" Sebastian shrugged making the blonde shake his head before joining his wife.

     It was boring. That's the immediate thought that entered his mind when Carlisle went away. He couldn't eat, he couldn't talk to anyone who doesn't gawk at him and Sebastian wasn't really a fan of parties.

     He's had too much of those when he was still human. Having a rich father comes with socializing with the higher society (which his father called).

     Trying to entertain himself, the vampire decided that it would cure his boredom if he was to use one of his gifts to some of the guests present.

     "Good Evening gentleman! I haven't seen you from around here. I'm guessing you're with the Cullens? Given that they too just moved here?" A random smug looking man asked. "What's your social status?"

     'Just the perfect toy' Sebastian thought. Normally, he would feel bad for exposing people of what their desires are, but this guy was very much self centred.

     He reeked of arrogance. A young brunette was clutching his arm as he puffed his chest out. Clearly uncomfortable, the woman shifted every time the man spoke. It's like she was there out of her own will.

     "You are correct. The Cullens are very good friends of mine." replied Sebastian

     "I see. Mind if I introduce myself? I'm Robert Arthur Mitchell and this is my beautiful wife, Dorothy" he gestured to the uncomfortable woman beside him.

     Dorothy looked like she wanted nothing more but for him to just let her be. Maybe the Donovan is going to do something about that.

"Sebastian Caelum Donovan, pleased to meet you. I do have a question for you if you don't mind." Sebastian stared directly at his eyes. A silent whistling sound in the man's ear. "what is it that you desire?"

     "I-...I want to shag my wife's best friend, Nancy" He blankly said before quickly realizing what he enunciated in front of his wife.

     "You what?!" Dorothy shrieked

     "N-no! It wasn-"

     "You filthy loathsome excuse of a man!" The woman was fuming, and one way to steam off is to hit her husband—which she did.

     "Oh dear" Sebastian mumbled as he whisked away from the scene, silently whistling to himself.

     Having enough of the boredom, Sebastian even considered leaving and just return when the people cleared and Carlisle was available.

     But at the very moment, he glanced at the middle of the room, there was a very captivating woman. Golden curly locks, her white dress hugged her body perfectly, pink rosy cheeks and a smile that could bright up the whole room.

For once in his prolonged life, Sebastian would feel his frozen heart skip a beat if possible. Her very presence made him nervous, but at the same time longing for the woman. It was cliché, but it felt like time stopped as he admired the masterpiece present in the room.

Unknowingly, he didn't realise that his feet were now striding towards the beautiful maiden. Not until her scent engulfed his nostrils.

And it took every will power in him to not sink his teeth onto her neck for her luscious blood. Her scent was very much intoxicating, it made him want to keep her for himself.

"Why hello there, are you enjoying yourself on this fine evening?" Sebastian awkwardly said, unsure of how he worded his greeting.

"I actually am." the beautiful blonde replied, "I have attended a lot of parties but I'm genuinely enjoying this one"

"I'm glad that you are." The woman giggled at Sebastian's poor attempt to an introduction. "So...does the maiden whose enjoying the party have a name?"

"Rosalie Hale, Nice to meet you" Rosalie struck her hand out, expecting for a hand shake.

Though that wasn't something Sebastian would want to do for a breath taking woman. After all, this very lady was the first one to make him feel things that he wasn't aware that he could feel.

Gently taking her hand, Sebastian brought it in his lips giving it a small peck before smiling at the latter.

"Sebastian Donovan" he replied, introducing himself for the nth time of the night.

"I saw you earlier, you were ignoring everyone except for the one who hosted the party." Rosalie asked in a curious tone. "What made you talk to me?"

"How could you ignore someone so effortlessly breathtaking?" Sebastian replied in a sultry voice.

"Mr. Flatterer, I see?" said Rosalie before smiling warmly, She would be lying if she said she wasn't attracted to the vampire. "Oh stop, you're making me blush!"

"I guess it is working." Rosalie was about to say something when a rather disheveled man swooped by.

"Rose! There you are! I've been looking for you all night." He exclaimed as he wrapped his arms around her waist. "Even your friends haven't seen you!"

The man was dressed in a Gray suit with a red patterned tie with a bowler hat on his head. He's a tall fella, almost as tall as Sebastian. However, that's not what he was focused on.

It's how this man's arm was wrapped around her body. Sebastian didn't like the way he held her, how her eyes gleamed at the sight of this man, and how her smile reached upto her eyes as she glanced at him.

"And who might this Gentleman be?" He turned to ask the Vampire.

"Friend of the host." remarked Sebastian "Sebastian Donovan."

"Royce King, my father's the owner of the bank!" He stuck out his hand to which Sebastian reluctantly shook. "I see you already met my Fiancée Rose, such a doll isn't she?"

"She truly is gorgeous, you're a lucky man" Sebastian mused

"I know that for a fact! Now I haven't seen you from around here? New comer?" He curiously asked

"Precisely, The Cullens are the closest people that I would consider a family" he grinned

"I see...By any chance, are you married?" Royce is asking too much questions to Sebastian's dismay. He'd rather talk to Rosalie rather than this hooligan.

"I haven't been with a woman in a long time. Just haven't met the right one for me." Sebastian replied in annoyance.

"Not until I laid my eyes on your Fiancée" He thought of saying, but immediately stopped thinking that Royce wouldn't appreciate it.

Rosalie's lips twitched upwards slightly at Sebastian's reply. Not knowing why, she lightly shook her head dismissing the feeling that erupted to her stomach.

"Come to the bank someday! I can introduce you to some fine dish. I'm sure no one would deny you!" Royce was getting too much enthusiastic, is he sucking up?

"I'll see to it" Sebastian shortly replied. Rosalie's smile turned upside down into a frown.

Yes, they just met. But not only Sebastian could feel it, she too felt the strange connection between them. It was new to her, and also to him, but they didn't dislike it.

"Splendid! Now if you will excuse us, It'll be best if we go now. I believe I have had too many booze for tonight" He cackled to which Sebastian awkwardly mimicked.

He watched as the couple get swept away by the crowd. His eyes never leaving Rosalie's figure as his whole being instantly longed for the woman. Her scent still not being covered by the people around the area.

"What was that? Oh it's a Vampire trying to socialize!" A recognizable voice popped out. "You could've at least make it sound genuine you know?"

"Shut up, Anthony" Sebastian turned to find the Bronze-haired vampire to his side with an amused grin to his face. "I don't see you doing any better."

"I saw you, you approached her first. Now that's new..."

"You make it sound like I'm afraid of women. I am surprised myself, something about her drew me close. Not to mention her blood, I almost lost control. She was so... enticing" The brown-haired vampire replied

"Never thought that I would see this day. Mr. Donovan was entranced by a woman? Very rare..." teased Edward

"I'll burn you if another word comes out of your mouth. I should keep my distance from her. My control seems to be fading when I'm around her—also add the fact that she was to be married" Caelum sighed as the Cullen eyed him.

"I can kill him and make it look like an accident" He suggested as the both of them cackled before Sebastian smacked his head.

That was what Sebastian planned. Keep as much distance with the intoxicating dame that seemed to make him hypnotized. But will he really? When his dead frozen heart longed for her?

┍━━━━━✿━━━━━┑
End of Chapter 1
The Party
┕━━━━━✿━━━━━┙

07 - 03 - 2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 4.3K 44
˗ˏˋ꒰ 🦋 ꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐃'𝐄̂𝐓𝐑𝐄 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝ [(n.) The most important reason or purpose for someone or something's existence.] ❝It...
193K 4.5K 23
"...I don't draw on my body to make myself look badass, no, it was never that way. I see you glance at them whenever your sister comes in. You're int...
30.4K 1.1K 20
˗ˏˋ꒰ 🦋 ꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝ [(n.) Your safe and peaceful haven, a comforting place of refuge and rest in a noisy, chaotic...
3.9K 198 11
When Bella returned to Forks, I expected my life to be turned upside down, but what I didn't expect was for Edward Cullen to take a strange liking t...