curiosity kills | lee minho

By hyunjinsiconicmole

Crush Series #2 in which satisfaction brought it back started: 03 january 2021 ended: More

o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e

t w e n t y - o n e

13.2K 750 2.5K
By hyunjinsiconicmole

c h a p t e r 21

"Your cooking sucks."

Minho pursed his lips, nodding. "Is that why you inhaled the entire table?" He asked, gesturing to the squeaky clean plates in front of them.

Gyeoul gave a blank stare. "I have a tendency to overeat. Especially when it's garbage."

"Mhm." He hummed unbothered, pouring a glass of water.

"As an advocate for the environment, I feel responsible to eradicate all hazards and so you should cook for me again." She said flatly.

Minho smirked before sliding the glass in front of her. "Already asking me for a second date?" He raised a brow.

She gave a sarcastic smile. "I believe it's called 'charity work'."

Apart from the whole yacht lunch in the middle of the ocean, Gyeoul was glad that their date was finally safe to consider normal. Not that she was expecting piranha fishing. She was actually surprised that three hours had already passed with them just dining and talking. She learned a whole lot more about him in those hours as compared to knowing the guy for months. Another thing that surprised her was the fact that she paid attention. Usually, if it were any other man, she would have just nodded along to whatever boring childhood stories they have. But with Minho, she found herself asking questions!

For some reason, her skin prickled as he told stories about his high school. It all seemed familiar to her but she brushed it off, convinced that she probably watched a film with the same plot. If it wasn't already obvious, she had the memory of a dog.

She was able to contribute into the whole exchange of stories without revealing too much information. Enough to not raise any additional questions at least. She wasn't a mafia leader or any of the sort. And no, she didn't have any terminal illness. She was just uncomfortable with having to share her past. Again, it wasn't anything big as well. She just found it confusing to find the point in delving back into the past when one can just look forward into the future. For herself, at least.

The sun was close to setting when the yacht was finally docked back to the marina. They agreed to watch the sun set before deciding on going back to the villas to prepare for the ride back to the city.

Their feet was dangling right of the edge of the yacht. It was all so surreal. The sun was setting in front of them, casting a beautiful golden glow. It was a challenge for the both of them to not stare at each other. They forced their eyes on the horizon. It didn't help that they were at close proximity. They've been sat next to each other for the whole day but in that moment, everything seemed to heightened. If it weren't for the brushing of the wind, the two would probably be suffocated by now. Suffocated by their own thoughts.

Minho was resting his weight on his two arms that were propped up behind him while Gyeoul had her arms propped on the useless railings–useless because it would save no one if someone were to fall overboard. Anyway, with him a little out of her peripherals, he took the opportunity to stare at her instead.

They always had that silence between them. It always followed them at the end of the day. He didn't mind. And so he was a little surprised when she spoke.

"What are we?" She asked, eyes still set on the horizon.

Minho did not expect the question. He pondered for a moment before mimicking her position next to her. He propped his arms on the railings as well. "What do you want us to be?" He asked back. He had an answer to her question. He was just afraid of hers.

"You know..." She began. "It's difficult for me to understand the whole concept of love and marriage." She pursed her lips. "How can a person say that they're in love? I mean, what does anyone get out of it? What if the one is more in love than the other? Doesn't that seem unfair? Can anyone really love anyone unconditionally? And the whole expectations and disappointments." Her tone was getting lower and lower. "The cheating..." A sneer. "It's all so confusing. Don't you agree?" She let out a small laugh. "Why do people love?"

Minho openly stared at her. He was no doubt highly concerned but he decided to look away, knowing that staring would probably ruin her moment. It took him a second to process everything she had said. And then another, to realise that she had asked him a question. "Does one really need a reason to love?" He asked. "People are able to hate for no reason so is it not the same thing?" His brows furrowed.

"Why do people set themselves up for such a painful experience?"

"Loving isn't always rainbows and happy endings. Everything has ups and downs. Just like any other thing in this world, Gyeoul." He said, turning to face her. "It's not about the intensity. It's about consistency."

She hummed, taking his words in. "Maybe." She murmured, staring into space.

So much for keeping information in.

"You just haven't found someone to show you what love truly is." Minho played with her index finger that was hanging on the railing. "Lucky for you, I came at the right time." He teased.

"Okay, Doctor Phil." Her nose scrunched, feigning disgust but feeling warmer nonetheless.

"Admit it you're falling in love with me."

Gyeoul scoffed just as an idea struck her. She nudged his figure harder than necessary with the intent of pushing him into the waters but to her dismay, he didn't budge an inch.

Minho was able to see through her.

"Do you know how to swim?" He asked in the most sinister manner.

"No." Gyeoul immediately answered, gripping onto the rails for dear life.

"Too bad."

"No–wait!"

And down they go.

Cold. The water was damn cold. They were under for a few seconds before they broke to the surface with one gasping and the other laughing.

"You asshole! What if I really didn't know how to swim?" Gyeoul gripped on Minho's collar, shaking him silly in the process. The force she was putting was making the droplets of water from his hair splatter to her face.

Minho was still laughing. "That's why I'm holding you." It's only then that Gyeoul noticed her legs wrapped around his torso as one of his arms pulled her closer by the back. "What if I didn't know how to swim?" He asked in return, smirking.

It was the second time that Gyeoul had seen him wet and it was as lethal as the first one.

She let go of his collars, wrapped her arms over his shoulder, pulling him even closer by the nape of his neck.

She mentally cursed at how he obliged without flinching.

She ran her hands through his wet hair before tugging lightly. She pulled him even closer, their lips brushing. She felt his hold that grew tighter over her skin. Their breaths were growing heavier.

"Obviously you would've drowned." She whispered against his lips before pushing him under.

•••

"Hey, I just called to let you know tha-." Gyeoul greeted.

"She's not interested." An unfamiliar voice cut off.

The confused caller brought her phone to her view to confirm that she had indeed called the right number. "Isn't this Areum's phone?" She asked.

"Yes. And she's not interested."

"Interested in what?"

"Whoever you are, you nameless suitor with a disgusting-fake-ass-husky voice! She is not ready for a relationship! She is a child!"

What the fuck.

"Listen, she isn't and will never be your—you absolute moron! That's Gyeoul!"

Gyeoul sucked in her lips as she patiently waited for the rustling in the background to end. She cleaned her fingernails as she heard the now-recognised voice of Jisung that was screaming out his lungs as it appeared that Areum was choking him. Apparently, it was a case of stolen phones and unauthorised answering of calls.

"The next time you answer my calls I swear you're gonna be answering to Jesus himse—Okay! Okay—" A deep breath. "What's up, Gyeoul?" Areum's voice finally answered.

She decided to ignore their raging hormones. "Yeah, I just called to let you know that we won't be having our session today." She coughed out.

"How come? Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Just a mild cold and headache that's progressively turning into an aneurysm." She sighed, massaging her temples. "I just called to let you know. I already told your mother."

"Oh, okay. I hope you feel well soon."

Gyeoul scoffed teasingly. "Don't sound so delighted. I know you'd rather have your hands on that boy rather than these worksheets."

Areum giggled, guilty. "Any chance you can have that aneurysm prolonged 'till next week?" She joked.

"Consider it done."

Gyeoul chuckled to herself, amused by Areum. She chucked her phone on her bed, feeling her head worsen by the radiation. She sat in front of her work table, scanning her mini library that only consisted of three bookshelves. Most of which are -forgotten- school books and only a few novels that she never got around to finishing.

At the thought of books, she sat up right, eyeing her suitcase that she was yet to unpack from the trip. She rolled it over to her, unzipping it to retrieve the book. It fluttered open to reveal the tulip. She gently plucked it out of the page of where it was snugly tucked in, frowning at how it was already wilted. Cradling it, she poked it with her fingertips as if her index finger will magically revive it. But she was no Flora nor Rosetta. It simply rest on her hand, dead.

She sighed, a little dispirited. She didn't want to let go of it though. It seemed a little stupid to put a dead flower inside a vase and so she reached under her bed for the container box that was full of her junk and scrambled to find a place to put the flower in. Not long, she was able to discover an antique-chinese-looking jewelry box. It was rectangular and the flower would fit right in. She remembered it to be a gift that she never got around to using because she had a habit of tossing her jewelry anywhere that would convenience her to dive into her bed at the earliest hour.

Who had time to organise their necklaces and rings?

She placed the flower inside, mumbling along the lines of 'I-wish-coffin-my-would-be-this-pretty'. She admired it for a second before shutting it close. She kept the box inside the drawer of her work table to avoid any possible speculating visitors.

She collapsed back on her chair by the work table, reveling the silence of the dorm. Yeji was nowhere to be found, probably making the most of what was left of the summer break.

The trip was a few days ago. After the little therapy and swimming lessons with the devil, they drove off back to the city where he dropped her off by the dorm. Was she surprised that nothing else happened? No. Disappointed? Maybe.

What really bugged her, was that Minho never even tried to contact her. Sure it was only, what, two, three days? But no. He didn't even send a damn emoji. How does one ignore the obvious sexual tensio–okay maybe she was being a little hypocrite. She never tried to reach out as well. But it was a known fact that she was sort of a bitch that would be caught dead to lower her pride. To text first? Unlawful!

But then she recalled the text that she had sent a little over 23 hours ago. It read 'hey asshole'. It stayed sent. Hence the unlawfulness of texting first. It is meant to be ignored.

"Whatever. He can drown in his salmon sushi for all I care." She muttered under her breath, feeling her headache worsen. Annoyed by the fact that she had no medicine for it, she plucked out a book from her shelf, hoping that some advanced reading would distract her from the throbbing.

Two modules in and the letters were already floating up to the ceiling.

She groaned in discomfort, tugging on the roots of her hair to ease the pain.

And then the entire room rattled.

For a second, she thought she was hallucinating but the panting by the door dismissed the thought.

There stood Minho. Wide-eyed.

Gyeoul mirrored his expression.

"What the fuck."

"What the fuck."

Jinx.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Gyeoul asked, completely baffled.

Minho blinked several times before releasing his grip on the door knob to stand upright. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the hospital?" He asked back.

Her face contorted in question. "Why would I be at the hospital?"

"You're bleeding into your brain."

"Okay, that's a little exaggerated. I have a headache." She emphasised.

"But-Jisung sai–aneury–I'm gonna kill him." He shut his eyes, balling his fist in annoyance.

Gyeoul rolled her eyes. "Alright, have fun." She scoffed before turning back to her book.

It was her turn to ignore his presence.

Minho raised a brow before shutting the door behind him and approaching the girl. He sat on her worktable, crossing his arms. "Are you alright?"

"Yes."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"It don't seem like it."

Gyeoul glared. "I have a headache. I'm not dying."

Minho held eye contact. "Have you taken some medicine?"

"No."

"Why?"

"I don't have any. Can you leave?" She spat, finding the entire conversation more painful than her intensifying headache. How dare he stroll inside as if he didn't just ignore her for three days and act as if nothing had happened! As if everything was normal!

Minho hummed and pondered for a second. He nodded before mumbling an 'okay'.

And just like that, he left.

Gyeoul pursed her lips, a little taken aback. Did she expect him to stay? Maybe. Did she expect him to leave without a hint of reluctance? Absolutely not! He was out in an instant that it made her believe that he didn't want to be there in the first place. Then again, Jisung did tell him that she had an aneurysm. Guess anyone would run over.

She sighed, annoyed by herself.

She began forcing the words to have meaning again as she pushed for another module. Maybe she could study herself to death.

Halfway through the third, the door swung open again.

Minho strolled back in with a plastic bag in hand. He dumped the contents of it on her work table before reclaiming his earlier position. Gyeoul stared at him, mouth agape. At her expression, he realised something. He walked over to their small fridge for a bottle of water. He walked back to her, placed himself and the bottle on her table before crossing his arms. "People who take pills without water are not to be trusted." He deadpanned.

"What are you doing?" She frowned.

His head tilted to the side in wonder. "I brought you medicine."

She clicked her tongue. "You've been ignoring me." She was embarrassed but it didn't show.

His brows furrowed. "No I haven't."

"Yeah, right." She rolled her eyes.

He chuckled, amused. "Take your medicine." Minho gestured to the packet.

"No."

"Why not?"

To spite you. "I don't want to."

"Just take it."

"You take it." She mocked with the most immature tone ever.

He sighed, defeated. What surprised Gyeoul was that he did. He took the medicine! He popped a pill inside his mouth and met her surprised eyes with a blank stare.

She was left speechless.

Before she could accuse him of being a druggie -or simply deranged-, her words got caught in her throat when he cupped her cheek. She had no time to react when he lowered himself as their lips met.

Contrasting with the sharp words that came out of his mouth, his lips were soft. And so were his hands. His eyes weren't closed nor were they open. They were half-lidded. He was peering down at her as if assessing her reaction.

He was selfish though.

He pressed his lips closer, fully kissing her.

And he was a tease.

Before she could even kiss back, she felt his tongue poke hers slightly, as the pill transferred to her mouth.

He slightly pulled back with a small smirk.

Gyeoul was flushing. She was red. Red from being sick perhaps. "I have a cold." She said stupidly, refusing to swallow the medicine.

His nose crinkled as he fought back a smile. "And I have an immaculate immune system." He whispered before standing up to walk over to her bed. He made himself comfortable underneath her sheets.

"If I spit this out, would you kiss me again?"

He laughed before rolling over to cover his face with her pillows.

(a/n: long time no see besties. :( i feel like i owe everyone an apology for the long wait. so here it is... im sorry. :(

yea just a little life update: a friend of mine just passed. yeah he was a good 1 year old husky. this chapter has been in my drafts for ages yet i never got around to finishing it bc of the aforementioned. yEa it hurt like a bitch but then hyunjin finally came home and it was really the push that i needed. :( truly tho i cried like a bitch and im pretty sure a part of this chapter was written through my tears so pardon the grammar/spelling mistakes.

also i would like to thank everyone who left messages on my board :( i really appreciate everyones concern and i apologise for not being able to reply. +++ special thanks to those who took their time in telling me that hyunjin was back! for some reason, i found it really endearing.

ok thats all. i love yall! stay safe and healthy!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.5K 2.5K 54
. Started: 17 july 2023 Ended:
49.5K 2.3K 10
"jisung said my kisses heal everything." -in which jisung craves for hyunjin's kisses. started: 17 october 2021 finished: 25 october 2021 #6 in hyuns...
56.3K 2.8K 35
"can i kiss it again? your lips. for the last time" Start [ February 5th 2021 ] End [ June 20th 2021 ]
15.8K 588 26
"I-i...Im sorry but i lost feelings for you" "Okay" Started May 26 2022 Finished january 3 2023 (this story i made was for fun i don't ship them toge...