Rewriting the Timeline

By SugarCoated1134

Harry Potter at 18 decided he had enough action and became an unspeakable to the shock of the wizarding world... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 2

3.7K 166 21
By SugarCoated1134

Harry woke at the brink of daylight that morning. He didn't have time to waste after all, he had a dark lord to defeat. Snores could be heard along with subtle bird chirping. Quietly crawling out of bed, he efficiently got dressed and ready without waking the others. He wore his dragon leather combat gear and grabbed his wand. He was going to the room of requirement; not to destroy the diadem (he didn't have his basilisk venom) but to train like he did in the DA. Now that he thought about it, he couldn't wait to tell Dumbledore about his little club; it would certainly entertain him to no end. Harry left the dormitory, not noticing Remus staring, forgetting he had heightened senses from his werewolf side. Exiting the common room, he started making his way to the ROR.

Remus stared at the door the new boy exited through. What was he up to?! Combat clothing? And this early in the morning no less. He would follow him, but he was following curfew; it wasn't his place even as a prefect. He vaguely wondered where he was heading, after all he was supposedly new and most likely didn't know where everything was. Perhaps their current project could be aided in this mystery. A.N He is talking about the Marauder's map; they are still inventing it momentarily.

Harry arrived in its location after many flights of stairs and walked back and forth three times.

'I need a place to train, I need a place to train, I need a place to train,' he focused on as he paced. Soon enough a familiar rumbling was heard and before him was a wooden door with iron bars. Pulling the large, rusted handle, the door creaked revealing a vast dueling room. Entering the newly found arena, he scoped what the ROR provided him. It looked almost identical to the DA room except for its size; instead of a classroom it only had the training supplies. Harry started with stretches and physical training; just because they were wizards doesn't mean they didn't need to train their bodies. Once he was done, he waved a hand to summon his wand; a skill he developed after the war. Once Voldemort was defeated, he aided Aurors in hunting the remaining death eaters, a reason he didn't want to be an Auror. Once he experienced it, he realized he absolutely abhorred it. Though that didn't prevent him from training hard. Turns out Voldemort's horcrux leached off his power and abilities, making him weaker than he truly was. With the horcrux gone, his power grew and apparently, he was just as talented as his parents; not just average like he was his whole life.

Slash after slash, spell after spell, he dueled a group of dummies set to be as powerful as death eaters. It was a bit strange training back in his short 15-year-old body, but he got used to it soon enough. Peculiarly, he preserved his current strengths; he would have to study how the time turner altered his appearance but maintained his abilities. Next, he went to the targets, attempting to break through the resistance charms set. He was satisfied only when he mutilated the targets to oblivion. By the end of his training, he was panting and holding his knees. Deciding that was enough for the morning and headed back to the dorms. Once he had a free class, Harry would head down to the chamber for his basilisk venom.

Returning still early in the morning, he took a shower and got ready in his school uniform, his bag packed.

As he was about to head to breakfast, he heard a soft, "Where did you go?" from behind. Twisting around, Harry saw a young Remus staring curiously at him.

"Um, nowhere important...?" Harry trailed off with a questioning tone, not making eye contact. He was never good at lying. Remus raised an eyebrow.

"Right. Well, I'm a prefect and it is my job to know where everyone is. Now, where were you?" he pushed; he technically had the right to ask. Harry fidgeted, breaking at the stare.

"I was training, with Headmaster's permission of course," he stated as calmly as he could, though he still heard the nervousness in his voice. Remus gazed at him suspiciously for a long moment.

"Very well," he conceded, though he knew there was more to it. The boy didn't seem like he was lying, but he looked too nervous to be telling a full truth. However, he knew better than to push if Dumbledore allowed it, he'd take his word for it.

Harry let out a breath of relief and headed to breakfast ahead of the marauders. That was close, leave it to Moony to be skeptical; he always was the observant type. He smiled slightly; he never could lie to Moony even in school. Though the thought suddenly caused a grimaced; he died when his son was a baby like his parents, and before he could truly know him well. His life had been hell after school, his best friends died, Sirius was accused and thrown in prison, Wormtail betrayed him; he was all alone for many years. He was also worried about Teddy; he would have to make sure he'd be born one way or another. Sitting alone for breakfast, he grabbed some fruit, rolls, and of course a treacle tart. He was silently enjoying his meal when he felt a tap on his shoulder. Turning, he was slightly stunned when he saw Frank Longbottom. He nearly missed it, but he had seen the photos curtesy of Neville and the Order.

"Hey, Peverell right? Want to sit with us?" he asked, indicating his friends behind him. Harry peered beside him and had to hold back a startled expression; he was talking about his future wife Alice along with Arthur and Molly. He smiled brightly at the familiar faces.

"Sure, what's your name?" he questioned as he moved and sat by them on the bench.

"Frank, Frank Longbottom," he introduced as he took a bite of a pastry.

"I'm sure you know me, but Harry Peverell. Call me Harry."

"Yeah, we heard. You are the school's biggest gossip," Alice joked with a giggle. They took turns introducing each other before hearing a voice behind him.

"Hello guys!" a sweet tone greeted them. Harry turned to see his mother sit beside him with a gentle smile. Harry felt delighted and hid it badly, letting a dopey grin slip.

"Hello Lily," he greeted the girl who seated next to him. He turned back to his meal to see the others looking at him amusedly. Harry nearly groaned; they thought he fancied her... he didn't quite care for incest, thanks. The group joked and laughed for quite a while on different things, Harry fitting right in. In fact, he was so absorbed he didn't notice the Marauders approaching until James called out.

"Lily Flower~" a voice sing-songed. Harry watched with terribly concealed mirth as Lily groaned in annoyance and smacked her head on the table.

"Leave me alone, you persistent prat," she snapped, her personality completely shifting. Her fists clenched and Harry saw her stiffen without looking up. He supposed this was the infamous anger that Sirius claimed he inherited. He couldn't say he was wrong.

"Oh, but my Lils! I could never live without you! Will you accept my proposal for a date?" he grandly invited, arm out like a true gentleman. Harry stared at his father with a small smirk. He certainly was persistent. Harry saw the other Marauders snickering behind him.

"Oh, shut up, you git! I would never like a jerk like you! Why don't you leave me alone!" she shouted, before huffing and walking to the Slytherin table, her friends giving a resigned look. Harry looked at her curiously, maybe she was visiting Snape. He was quite surprised when she looked at him and gently beckoned him to follow. With a smile he complied but was stopped by Sirius.

"Hey, I wouldn't go if I were you. Snivillus is nothing but a pathetic git and a slimy snake," he sneered. Harry looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"How come?" he asked evenly as he crossed his arms, not impressed with his godfather's immaturity.

"Look at him, the greasy git. Why wouldn't he be?" he pointed rudely to a young Severus Snape. The young wizard was watching our conversation with a red face and a dejected look. Noticing the clothing, Harry realized they were all worn second-hand, his hair was long and messy as if it wasn't usually kept, and he was quite skinny. Harry suddenly felt sympathy for his younger professor, recognizing the signs of neglect from the way he grew up. Perhaps he wasn't always a complete git. Although, while he did respect him for what he did in the war, he still treated him unfairly. Perhaps he could change that for the better.

"Look, I like you a lot, Sirius. But I'd rather judge by my own experience. Lily invited me, so if you'll excuse me." He then walked pass him. He saw the brief hurt on Sirius's face but ignored it despite feeling bad about it. He saw Snape look at him surprised, no one spoke to the Marauders like that in his defense no less, they just all agreed with him. Lily who was tense throughout the conversation relaxed and smiled that he wouldn't judge Sev so quickly. Harry waltzed over to her, and they both walked to Snape. Harry vaguely noticed the Marauders looking at him with contempt, which hurt but he knew he was doing the right thing.

"Hello Sev, this is Harry Peverell," Lily introduced. Snape looked up at him wearily; despite what happened, Gryffindors were always rude to him, Lily was an exception of course.

"Hi... Severus Snape," he stated without offering a hand and not making eye contact. Harry just smiled brightly.

"Pleasure Snape, you can just call me Harry. I hope we can be friends," he greeted as he sat down beside him rather than Lily.

"Yeah, you can call me Severus I guess..." Snape mumbled as he fidgeted with his silverware, completely unsure of that assessment. Lily, noticing the tension, started the conversation.

"So, Harry, Sev here," Snape grumbled at the nickname, "is extremely good at potions. Do you know much about the subject?" she questioned. Harry smiled and nodded. Harry had to retake potions to join the Unspeakables. He learned that without Snape breathing down his neck, he quite loved potions and had some talent. It was like cooking, something he loved to do.

"I do enjoy potions a lot, especially experimenting. I'm..." he hesitated because he knew it was wrong of him to take complete credit. He had worked on an improved wolfsbane directly following Remus's death as a memorial for him. He didn't want others to live as miserably as him, and in his work, he developed a version that allowed the werewolf to stay human, though they'd feel extremely fatigued. At least it was better than the painful transformations and having no control over themselves. He didn't want to steal the credit of the original inventor, but he also didn't want Remus to suffer so long when he could help him now. He hoped the future inventor would forgive him. "I invented a potion actually. It keeps a werewolf in human form." Snape's eyes snapped up in unexpected shock, and Lily gasped out loud. Such a thing was unheard of at the time. Snape shivered remembering the terror he felt as he was locked in with Lupin last year. To think this boy had found a solution to that...

"Does... Does it work?" Lily asked in astonishment, green eyes wide.

"Yes, a friend of mine used it." A minor lie, as he had the Department of Mysteries provide willing participants. His time turner was his second project, his first was the potion which he developed in only 6 months. The two just stared in disbelief. Harry awkwardly coughed, snapping them out of it. Of course, Snape went into his passionate mode, a crazed gleam in his eyes.

"How did you do it? What properties are used? What ingredients? How long does it last? How often do you take it?" Sna- Severus questioned. Harry seemed to look up in thought.

"Well, as it turns out a werewolf is similar to an animagus but without the control factor. Part of the animagus transformation requires a mandrake leaf. I discovered that a mandrake leaf in a way unlocks the animagus that some people have. But because werewolves can't become an animagus, the wolf is the animagus form, and the leaf can give you temporary control of it like an animagus would have. However, Mandrakes also have petrification breaking properties, which is why the control isn't permanent, it breaks its own suppression as it 'petrifies' the wolf's ability to take control. Of course, the werewolf would fight back so I used aconite in a small amount to keep the wolf at bay for the night, hence the mandrake doesn't break the petrification on the wolf. There are a few other details, but I'd have to grab my journal. The whole solution is quite complex, but that's the gist of it." He always carried around his journal, something he is quite thankful for currently. Snape was staring at him with admiration.

"Can I see your work later?" he asked eagerly, a hunger shining on his face. Harry nodded happily.

"I'd love to see it too! That is quite impressive, you could sell it on the market!" Lily exclaimed, clapping her hands together in excitement. Harry felt himself fill with pride; his mother was impressed with him! Severus seemed to notice his sudden happiness but didn't say anything. Soon enough it was time for classes. Harry vaguely noticed none of the other Slytherins seemed to acknowledge Sn-Severus. He was probably considered inferior as he was a halfblood and hung out with a muggleborn.

"It's time for potions!" Lily exclaimed, then nudging the two boys. "Time to see who's the best, huh?" she cheekily commented. Seems like his mother was quite competitive, Harry was certainly all for it, knowing the stories about his mother's skills. Harry walked along with the two and saw a young Horace Slughorn. Ignoring the strange deja-vu feeling, he continued however the professor stopped him.

"Ah, Mr. Peverell, I see. Why don't you partner up with Sirius over there, I'm afraid I had to split him and James up," the man boomed out with a cheery attitude. Harry felt like giggling when he saw James pout and stomp his way over to Frank. Harry took the seat by Sirius who was looking pissed at him. Harry felt uncomfortable, he didn't want Sirius to be angry at him.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you Sirius. I still want to be friends. I just don't like judging people based off other people's opinions," he apologized with a small frown. Sirius glanced at him and huffed, deciding to let it slide for now. He did like the new kid after all, and they shared a dorm.
"Yeah, whatever. I hope you're good at potions, I'm pants at it." Harry laughed, relieved he was over it so easily.

"Don't worry, you're looking at a pro." Sirius raised a skeptical eyebrow, and the lesson commenced. Harry knew that being older gave him an advantage, but they didn't need to know that. Grabbing the ingredients on the board but also a few alterations, he started the potion, aiding Sirius each step of the way, who was confused by his disregard of his own words but didn't really care. By the end of it, Sirius had a decently made potion, though it was a tad darker than preferred. On the other hand, Harry's was perfect, with a rich shade of maroon and a smooth texture. He saw Slughorn waddle over to them, ready to check the potion's properties.

"Ah, I see you two have finished, let's see then. I wonder if you can beat Ms. Evans and Mr. Snape here." He indicated to the two, who were staring at him intensely, wanting to know how good he really was. Harry glanced at their potions; to his trained eyes they were nearly perfect but lacked a gloss sheen. Of course, that was because they didn't add powdered pearl dust like he had, which increased the potency. Though he noted the two probably crushed instead of slicing the roots to enhance the color, resulting in a more efficient brewing. Slughorn commented on a decent potion for Sirius much to his surprise, and the other Marauders. Sirius never did well in potions! He then picked up his vial and gained a bright grin as he examined it.

"My my! It is phenomenal! Well done, Mr. Peverell. I've never seen such perfection! Not only is it perfect color and texture, but you also added extra ingredients to enhance its potency and efficiency. I'm sure to expect great things from you," he exclaimed joyously. Everyone in the class glanced as they worked; the new kid had some skill if Slughorn was that impressed. Harry just sheepishly smiled and shrugged, not really one for attention.

"Thank you, sir, I actually wanted to talk to you about a potion I'm working on after class. I want to try gaining authorization," he commented, wanting to get it over with. Lily and Severus gave a knowing look while everyone else glanced again curiously, Marauders included.

"Nonsense, my boy. You can just state it now!" Slughorn clearly wanted to show off his new target trophy. Knowing Remus was pressent, Harry shrugged and complied, taking it as a chance for him to overhear.

"I invented a potion that keeps a werewolf in human form during full moons," he stated bluntly. He heard all stirring and chopping sounds dissipate as the room stilled. Subtly glancing at Remus, he saw his face conflict with expressions of hope, distrust, shock, and desperation. Sirius on the other hand looked only hopeful and bit excited. He turned to Slughorn to see a delighted and hungry expression, clearly liking the idea of having a potions inventor in his class.

"How wonderful, aren't you quite the potioneer! Say, does it really work?" he questioned excitedly.

"I've had some friends of mine test it; they've never had an issue with it," Harry affirmed. Slughorn continued to ask him questions like Severus and promised to connect him with the ministry. Harry gratefully smiled and thanked him.

Once class ended, Harry waited for Lily and Severus. Both looked at him with a smile.

"I'm impressed how you handled Slughorn, he tends to be overbearing," Severus mused with a slight sneer. Harry laughed at the familiarity of the sneer.

"Yeah, he seems like it. But he also has the means to get my potion on the market," he said with a smile. The three discussed a bit about their class potions and their techniques before heading to the next class. Lily and Severus were quite impressed with his usages of pearl dust; an ingredient that was quite temperamental.

TIMESKIP

Harry was bored out of his mind; he knew everything being taught! As soon as they were dismissed, Harry hurried to the dorms as it was a free period. That is until he was stopped by the Marauders.

"Hey, Harry!" called James, the others blocking his entrance. Harry thought of two scenarios; they were mad about Severus or wanted to know about his potion for Remmy. "Is it true that the potion works?" he questioned casually, leaning against the wall. Harry felt a rush of relief, glad it wasn't about Severus.

"Yes, it does, why?" he feigned ignorance. The boys glanced at each other, silence overtaking. Harry just waited till they spoke.

"We have a, er, friend that could use it," Sirius slowly said, not giving anything away. Harry tilted his head, deciding to be blunt.

"You are talking about Remus, right?" he asked, looking at him. Remus turned pale and looked down in shame.

"How did you- "Pettigrew exclaimed before being cut off.

"The scars are similar to my old friends." More like identical... it was literally him but older after all. "I knew as soon as I saw them, no other creature could cause such permanent scarring that couldn't be easily healed by dittany; no matter when it was administered. You don't have to worry, I won't tell anyone," Harry explained. Remus gazed up through his hair with a weak grateful smile.

"Thank you, Harry," Remus quietly thanked. Harry gave a reassuring smile.

"It isn't a problem, and I can brew it for you if you'd like before it is on the market. No need for you to pay for it, the potion ingredients are a tad pricy," he offered. The Marauders seemed to stare at him in a new light, mostly admiration but a bit of suspicion.

"You'd really do that?" James asked suspiciously. "There has got to be a catch," he stated with no argument. Harry thought about it for a moment. Perhaps he could use this to an advantage.

"Well, I guess I have two requests," the boys looked at him with dread, knowing it was too good to be true.
"Stop bullying Severus," he deadpanned first. The boys flinched, Remus and surprisingly Pettigrew especially. The two boys didn't exactly bully him, but they never stopped James or Sirius either.

"But he's such a git!" James bit out vehemently. Harry just stared at him, unimpressed.

"Look, you have a right to dislike him, but don't bully him for it. I've heard all about the stunts from Lily," a minor lie but they needn't to know. "She hates it, I'm trying to do you a favor. Stop bullying him, Lily would appreciate it a lot," Harry told him. Harry knew this was true after all; after James matured Lily fell for him quite fast. James and Sirius glanced at each other before sighing.

"Alright fine," James conceded as the group nodded. Harry looked at the four; it seemed James was the ringleader followed by Sirius. "And the second?" he questioned, not forgetting he mentioned two favors. Harry hesitated a moment.

"I'm going to be doing a secret and dangerous project with the help of Dumbledore. It has something to do with me being here," he started, keeping the information basic. "I request that you don't tell anyone nor stop me." The four looked surprised at the request but none of them had anything against it.

"Okay, Deal," James agreed. The two shook on it.

"I'll have it done by the next full moon, which is next Tuesday, right?" he asked, adding the last part as an afterthought. He had started keeping track while Teddy was in the womb just in case, though he was unsure if the schedule in this time matches the current one. Remus was surprised that he knew that; usually only werewolves keep track. Not even his parents kept track for him.

"Thank you," Remus breathed with wide eyes. Harry offered a friendly smile.

"I'm happy to help, though I should warn you; while you won't transform and it'll be painless, you'll be quite tired, so I suggest Invigoration Draughts. You can probably request one from Madam Pomfrey," he suggested.

"That's more than I can ask for," Remus said with a relieved smile. Harry gave a nod and entered the dorm, changing into his combat clothing while the Marauders hung out in the common room. To say they were surprised he was already going out for whatever his mission was would be an understatement. Class just ended for crying out loud! Harry nodded them farewell before heading to the Chamber. Of course, them being Marauders and all, decided to hold some mischief. Harry never said they couldn't figure out what he was doing, just not to stop or tell anyone. James ran up to the dorm to grab his cloak and ran after him, following alone as the cloak was quite small.

Harry was currently heading to the Chamber when he heard quiet footsteps. Turning around he muttered out, "Who's there?" James froze, he was never found out! When there was a long silence, Harry pulled out his wand. "Don't make me force you out!" he warned, wand at the ready. Seeing no way out of this, James reluctantly took his cloak off.

"Alright, you got me," he surrendered with his hands in the air. "I just want to know where you are going," he said. Harry softened his posture; he heard his dad tended to be overly curious. Harry sighed and looked at him pleadingly.

"Please don't follow me, James. It is dangerous; I wear gear for a reason. I don't want you hurt," he begged. James raised an eyebrow, the boy just met him and yet cared quite a bit for him apparently. James gave a slow nod.

"Okay then." Harry sighed again relieved and continued. Though he didn't realize his dad was such a Slytherin as he hid under the cloak again, this time with silencing charms. James was on his heels as he followed when he saw Harry go to the... girl's bathroom? Utterly confused, James watched as Harry walked over to the sinks, his wand at the ready. He jumped startled as the young boy hissed at the sinks, and they opened. He stood frozen as he saw the boy jump into the hole. Deciding it wasn't a good idea to follow and heeding his warning, he laid against a stall, waiting to see when he came back. He glanced down at the opening; it was a deep fall. Was he even alive?

Harry fell down the familiar tunnel into the pit of bones, a loud crunch under him. Wasting no time, Harry stepped into the dusty and eerie chamber, his footsteps echoing from the silence. Harry pulled out his wand, and silently conjured a rooster. The rooster appeared out of thin air and its calls started filling the wide hall. Satisfied, he moved towards the Slytherin statue.

$$Speak to me, Greatest of the Hogwarts' Four$$ he hissed out, mimicking Tom Riddle's summoning, arm out. He heard the statue rumble and its mouth opening, before a rattling movement was heard. The basilisk. Harry quickly closed his eyes. He heard a distinct, 'kill, torture, not master' leave its mouth, but was suddenly stopped when loud crowing caused the basilisk to cry in agony. Harry knew better than to look, so he took a few steps back as he heard the rooster go ballistic and the Basilisk writhing in pain. Harry only peaked when all sounds ceased except for a triumphant and happy call of the rooster. Peaking, he noticed the basilisk's body completely limp. Cautiously, he opened his eyes fully to see it completely dead, its eyes dull and powerless. Harry decided to let the rooster roam a bit and ran to the carcass. Taking his dagger, he stabbed the basilisk through its mouth, and watched in fascination as the metal glowed red, and the venom could be seen being absorbed through magical pockets. Once the dagger seemed to merge with the venom, it stopped glowing, a line of green filling the center of the dagger. Satisfied, he pulled the dagger out, blood dripping off it. He glanced at the carcass; he knew it was worth a lot of money. Perhaps he could have a secret meeting with some Goblins to open his own bank account; it would be good for starting his potion market. He vanished the helpful rooster and then made his way back up the chamber, glad he wasn't hurt. When he reached the tunnel, he casted a floating charm on himself and waltzed up the chamber entrance. Once at the top, he casted a Scourgify on his dusty robes after wiping the blood off his dagger, then put it safely in his jacket pocket. Satisfied, he closed the chamber and walked to the headmaster's office.

James watched as Harry returned around 15 minutes later, his robes slightly dirty but undamaged. His eyes widened when he saw Harry wipe blood off a dagger. Did the boy kill something? And where did he go?! He waited a bit for Harry to leave before he also headed back. There was something weird about this kid, he hoped he'd figure it out soon. He noted to have Peter attempt to enter the area for their project, though he wasn't sure how the hissing opened it in the first place. When he returned to the dorm, he was met with three eager marauders staring at him.

"Well?" Sirius asked curiously.

"Something is up with that kid," James exclaimed as he collapsed on the bed.

"Why? What happened?" Peter asked confused by the stunned reaction.

"What happened?! He opened a secret entrance by hissing and came out wiping blood off a dagger!" The others looked at him surprised, and Sirius suddenly gasped.

"Wait, hissed? As in parseltongue?" Sirius questioned in recognition; he was a Black after all. James seemed to think about it, knowing a bit about the skill.

"Now that you mention it, yeah." Now it was Remus's turn to gape.

"There's only one legend of an area opened by parseltongue. And that's the Chamber of Secrets." Remus went on to explain is existence, all the boys stunned by the end.

"So, you're telling me, that Harry probably killed whatever monster is inside there?" James asked. Remus nodded.

"That would make sense. He really wasn't joking when he said dangerous," Remus replied. The boys would've continued discussing but the door suddenly opened revealing none other than the wizard in question.

"Hey guys," he greeted, before grabbing some clothes and changing. He had informed the headmaster about the Basilisk who was going to get the carcass sold for him. He had agreed the money would be useful for his task. The boys glanced at each other, a secret exchange of 'We'll continue this later'. Once Harry changed, he headed out again to his next class. Noticing the time, the Marauders quickly followed. Seems like this will be an interesting year with the new kid around. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

887K 28.9K 31
𝘌𝘛𝘌𝘙𝘕𝘈𝘓 | in which jasmine potter, aka the girl who lived, get's sent back thirty years into the past and falls for her godfather - while ha...
176K 3.2K 29
when and accident involving a time turner and a few idiots sends 5 teenagers far into the futures, they discover secrets about one another, and how d...
25.9K 651 86
LONG FIC // COMPLETE Fifth Year has rolled around for the Marauders at Hogwarts. However, this year is a bit different because a certain Marauder; Ja...
581K 27.6K 35
Bex Dumbledore, back again for another year at Hogwarts is faced with many challenges. Juggling a relationship, N.E.W.T.s, friends, as well as new po...