𝑱𝑼𝑺𝑻 𝑭𝑢𝑹 𝑨 𝑴𝑢𝑴𝑬𝑡...

By erensgf0712

"𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 π’˜π’‰π’š π’…π’†π’π’š π’Šπ’•? 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’π’” π’šπ’π’– π’•π’‰π’Šπ’... More

Author's Note β™‘
one || Be My Valentine..?
two || "Is He Your Boyfriend Or Something..?"
three || "Please Don't Stop.."
four || "You Can't Be Serious!?"
five || "You're really going out with him?"
six || "Have You Been Drinking?"
seven || "And Who Can Do It Better Than Me?"
eight || "Cheers To The Beautiful Family."
nine || "Take It...It's Yours"
ten || "Yes, Girlfriend."
eleven || "Who Did This To You?"
twelve || "Just Let Me Explain.."
thirteen || "You Never Gave Me An Answer Summer."
fourteen || "I'm A Gentleman Summer."
Fifteen || "F*ck Junior Year!"
sixteen || "Your Friends, Media First"
eighteen || "Welcome, Miss Nolan"
nineteen || "This Dinner Is Going To Be A Shit Show Isn't It?"
Twenty || "I'm Sorry."
twenty-one || "I Guess We Better Make It Memorable Then."
twenty-two || "Andromeda."
twenty-three || "Forever?"
twenty-four || "Who Am I To Keep You Waiting?"
twenty-five || "Did You Miss Me?"
twenty-six || "You Can't Ignore Me."
twenty-seven || "Is This Some Kind Of Sick Joke?"
twenty-eight || "Happy Birthday Summer."
twenty-nine || "You're In For A Long Night Kid."
thirty || "Do You Trust Devon?"
thirty-one || "His Name Is Christopher Johnson."
thirty-two || "Don't Tell Me...You Haven't Opened My Birthday Present Have You?"
thirty-three || "Please, No Sentiments."
Thirty-four || "Fine, We'll Wait Until Graduation."
thirty-five || "Just For A Moment"
Afterwordsβ™‘
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter || The Wedding β™‘

seventeen || "Front Or Back?"

8.1K 273 21
By erensgf0712

➳♥

Summer's POV

I didn't think I would ever be able to tell someone else I loved them. After me and Chris broke up I swore off romance, never wanting to give myself to someone else like that again. But Devon made it so easy. Even though he's never had good examples of love, never been in a position to give it, he showed me that it could be beautiful and kind.

He treated me the way I deserved to be treated and he never faltered.

"Are you even listening? Do you want cookies n cream or cake batter?" Devon looked like a housewife pushing his shopping cart, scanning ice cream flavors. "Both?" I joked, looking through the cart. "What else do you need to get for your house?" We had been at the store for about an hour and the cart was nearing a spill. "I just need to grab some bread and then we can go." He dropped both cartons of ice cream in the cart and began rolling down the aisle.

"Dev! I knew it was you!"

"What's up Ry." Devon nodded his head as the man neared our shopping cart.

"Summer, damn you look good." Ryan put his arms out for a hug and Devon cleared his throat. "Are you still dating Cassie? I'm sure she would love to hear you say that." Ryan retracted his hands and let out a hearty laugh. "I can't compliment people now? What do you care anyway?"

"It's been three years and you haven't changed a bit. That isn't a good thing." Ryan laughs a little harder now, resting his hand on the cart. "Come on Summer, I was just playing around. Don't think less of me okay?" Ryan winked at me and glanced over at Devon.

He had always been a flirt, and I assumed that's why him and Devon were friends. The only difference between the two of them was that Ryan strung girls along while Devon made it clear what his intentions were. Ryan had a wholesome look to him, that made it hard to believe how vulgar he really was. He always managed to surprise me every time he spoke.

"What are you doing here anyway?" Devon changed the subject, resting his arms against the bar of the cart. "I had to pick up something for Cass." His eyes darted between me and Devon. "What are you two doing here." Amusement dripped off his tongue, but he was the only one enjoying this conversation.

"What does it look like?" I looked at the cart and back at Ryan and his lips curled into a smirk in response. "I don't remember you being so outspoken Summer, but I like it." He lifted his hand and placed both of them in his pockets. Ignoring his obvious flirting I placed my hand on the cart and started pushing it forward. "We better get going. You don't want to keep Cass waiting right?" He huffed and watched as we walked away.

"I can't believe you were friends with him." I looked back to see Ryan still standing there, a smile plastered on his face.

"Why'd you think I stopped?"

...

"Leave the ice cream here, I'll get it when we come back." I told Devon as he packed the fridge. "Where are you two off to now?" Devon's mom had walked into the kitchen clutching a magazine in her hands. "I have to drop this car off at Rachel's." Devon stopped and looked back at his mother who was now glaring at him.

"I knew that wasn't Summer outside. You could have just told me you know, he's been doing that every night." She closed her magazine and pulled a joint out of her bathrobe sparking it up.

"Where is Olivia?"

His mother puffed smoke out of her mouth and coughed. "She went to soccer practice, relax." Devon shook his head and closed the fridge, resting his fists on the island. "You're going to send me to an early grave." He hung his head and tapped on the counter top.

I didn't think Devon's family knew how stressed he'd been ever since Rachel had come into the picture. He'd always worried extra about his mother and sister, but these days he could barely get a moment's rest.

"You better go return that car before they say you stole it." She laughed and took another drag. "Seriously?" Devon picked up his keys and began playing with them anxiously. "It was nice seeing you again Ms. Harris." I was trying to give him an opening to leave. "Summer, we're practically family call me mom." She smiled and took one last hit before resting it on a paper towel. "Leave her alone. I'll pick up Olivia when soccer is over." He placed a hand on his mother's shoulder before walking out of the door.

"You two look good together. I'm happy for both of you." She gave me a hug before going back up the stairs into her room.

"You good?" Devon asked as I gof into the car. I was smiling from ear to ear, and I bit my lip trying to hold it back. "Yeah, I'm fine." He furrowed his brows at me before he looked away.

"Here are my keys, just follow behind me." I was responsible for driving his car to Rachel's house so we had a way back. "Got it." I puckered my lips, expecting a kiss and once he granted me one I got out his car, shutting the door behind me.

It took about forty minutes to get to Rachel's house due to traffic. We both exited our cars and walked up the stairs to the front door.

"Summer, what a pleasant surprise." Tyler smiled and invited both of us inside. "Where's my dad?"

"I'm right here." Tony walked down the stairs, a smile stretched across his face. "What are you so happy about? It's three in the afternoon and instead of being at work you're here. Hung over." Tyler scoffed and walked off. I looked over to Devon trying to figure out what the hell just happened. Instead of a explanation, he just shrugged his shoulders.

"I think he hates me more than you do." Tony laughed awkwardly and turned his attention towards me. "Summer." He opened his arms out for a hug and I accepted. "Hi Mr. Washington." Rachel soon joined us and locked her arms around Tony's. "Summer, Devon, it's good to see you again."

It was weird, us all standing together like this. Everyone was being so nice yet the tension in the room was insufferable. Recently it had seemed like Devon's father was genuinely trying to make amends with his son. I wasn't sure if it was out of guilt or desperation. But ever since the baby shower, Devon had given up arguing with his father. He was tired of the disappointment, tired of the surprises.

"Hi Rachel. It's nice seeing you but me and Summer really need to get going." He looked at his father. "Stop coming by the house, and stop drinking. It isn't fair to mom or Rachel, especially Olivia." I was shocked to see Devon defending Rachel. It had seemed like he wanted nothing to do with her.

"It's fine Devon. Are you sure you two don't want to stay a little longer? We were just going to have lunch." Rachel rested a hand on her stomach, an innocent smile on her face.

"Just let him go, he can't stand to be around me." Tony rolled his eyes and pulled a cigar out of his pocket.

"I can see why."

Tyler reappeared, joining the conversation. "I hope you're not planning on smoking that next to your pregnant girlfriend?" He crossed his arms and stared Tony down. Tony cursed under his breath and walked towards the patio doors, slamming them shut.

"He's like an insolent child." Tyler brushed off his shirt and relaxed his arms. "Leave it alone Tyler." Rachel snapped back at him. I had never heard her talk with any kind of base in her voice, I was a bit surprised to hear it.

Tyler ignored his sister and turned his attention to Devon and I, Rachel walking off in annoyance. "She's just nervous about our parents coming home. They've been dying to see Tony again." Devon laughed and I couldn't have been more confused.

"What the fuck is going on?" I demanded, Devon and Tyler both looked at me eyes wide.

"I'll explain later, although I'm not too sure myself." Devon snaked his hand around my wasit and Tyler cocked an eyebrow in response. "Well I don't want to hold you two up any longer, I'm sure I'll see more of you soon." Tyler waved and walked off. "Ready to go?" I threw Devon his keys and walked out the door.

"What do you think he's planning?"

Devon had explained what Tyler had said to him last night on the way back to my house. "I don't know, that's what I'm anxious about. I don't think he's dangerous or anything I just know he's up to something." Devon rested his head against my pillow and let out a loud exhale.

"Good thing you're not on his bad side huh?"

I laid beside him and placed my head on his chest listening to his heart beating, it was faster than it should have been normally. "Are you nervous?" I asked tracing my finger on his chest. "I'm always nervous around you." He grabbed my shoulder, pulling me into him leaving kisses all over my forehead. "You should probably go soon, I need to get some sleep." I patted his chest a couple of times, propping myself up beside him. He rolled his head and kissed his teeth.

"You're kicking me out?" He looked so offended, it was kinda cute. "Yes, I am. I need sleep." He sat up and looked around the room, trying to make sense of what I was saying. "I can just sleep. What? You think I can't control myself?" He raised an eyebrow searching my face for an answer. "No, I know you can." I averted my eyes from his gaze, waiting for him to piece together what I was trying to say.

"Ohhhhh. Okay." He chuckled and tilted my chin towards him, leaning in for a kiss. "Sweet dreams then." I watched as he collected himself and treaded to my door, still laughing to himself.

"I love you." I felt embarrassed after saying it, even though I'd already confessed. He stopped walking and turned around to look at me, surprised himself that I said it. "What did you say, I didn't hear you?" He leaned against my door frame, arms and ankles crossed.

"I said I love you."

He smiled and relaxed in his stance.

"I love you too."

...

The following weeks Devon and I had spent as much time together as we could. He had just started his life guard job, so his mornings and afternoons were often filled. We spent a lot of nights walking along the beach or just driving around, enjoying each other's company.

My parents thought we had been spending too much time together, but I disagreed. I would be starting my internship in a week and considering Media First's prestige, I doubted I'd have the time for midnight walks on the beach and late night phone calls.

"What do you want for your birthday?"

I took a spoonful of my cookies n cream milkshake and licked it off the spoon. "My birthday is three months away." He took a fry and dipped it in his ice cream cone, popping it into his mouth. "I know, but just a heads up what would you want?" I tapped my spoon on the edge of the cup, trying to put serious thought into his question.

"I honestly don't know. Just surprise me." I wasn't a big fan of surprises, but it was better than having to wrack my brain for gift ideas. "A surprise it is." He turned back to his dessert, dipping his fries in every so often. "I'm gonna miss this when you start your internship." He turned the volume of the radio up and leaned back in his chair. "We'll figure it out. Are you worried?" He looked at me in confusion, "worried about what?"

"I don't know, that we'll grow apart or something." I knew I sounded ridiculous. "Valid concern, but we'll be fine. Doesn't matter how little time we spend together, it won't change how I feel." He squeezed my hand in reassurance. "Sorry, I know I'm being dramatic. I just worry sometimes." I didn't doubt him or us I just had these moments of insecurity, that I couldn't free myself from.

Another thing I had to unlearn.

"Stop apologizing for your feelings, you're entitled to them."

I looked at his seat trying to see if it was pushed far back enough for me to straddle him. When I realized it was, I reached over the seat and wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him deeply.

"What are you doing?"

"Don't worry, I'm not trying to seduce you or anything I just wanted to hold you."

He furrowed his brows and looked down at his crotch. "Is this not seducing me?" I followed his eyes and let out a giggle. "Yeah, I guess I didn't think it through, I'll move." He grabbed my waist, holding me firmly in place. "We can stay like this for a while." His thumbs traced the bare skin that was exposed from my shirt riding up.

"A while with you turns into hours." I kissed the tip of his nose and removed his hands, crawling back over to my seat.

"You know me so well." He adjusted his shorts and lifted his chair back to it's normal position. "Front or back?" He asked holding back a smirk. "Front I guess why?" He started his car and looked behind him, making sure nothing is in the way while he backs up.

"Little challenging but we can make it work considering I know how much you like to ride."

I gasped and twisted my head to face him, feeling my ears burning up. "You're ridiculous." I turned my head away squeezing my thighs together from the thought. He placed a hand on my thigh lightly caressing it.

"Yeah but you love it." He squeezed my thigh, sending shivers down my back. "Whatever." Devon laughed, and lowered the sun roof on his car.

"I would of chosen the back just so you know. I like watching you-"

"Shut up!" I smacked him on the arm, burning from embarrassment.

"You should embrace it, that side of you is-"

"I swear to God, I'll walk home." He threw a free hand up in the air surrendering. "I'm sorry baby, I'm done." He was laughing as he grabbed my hand and kissed it, holding it in his lap. "You wanna sleep over? I'll drop you off early in the morning. I just don't want to say goodbye to you tonight."

"I'll say yes if you take me out for breakfast in the morning." I had a major craving for restaurant style crepes with strawberry filling.

"Oh that's a win, win."

I rested my head on the head rest taking him in, wondering how I got so lucky.

He was right under my nose the entire time, and I was too busy looking forward to notice. Yet I don't think I would of been ready to love him if he would of came any sooner.

After all, good things come to those who wait.

➳♥

END

I don't have anything to say for the first time.

Shocking.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.8K 1.8K 41
ClΓ©o is in her junior year of college. She's sworn of love because she never truly saw it in a positive aspect. It's summertime, and ClΓ©o is ready to...
24.3K 488 25
I look at him with bewilderment. Emotion floods through me as he looks at me with boredom lacing his eyes. His entire body is calm as he leans agains...
359 52 28
When Summer Write a teenage girl finds herself falling for her childhood best friend Tyler Scott does she tell him or does Summer's future with her...
326 14 36
"I'm sending you to Summer Camp." Sometimes, there are two words that you don't want to hear. Mine is Summer Camp. At Point Lookout Summer Camp every...