The Ocean Arrow

By milkyxrose

When Percy, his mom, and step-dad go to Star City for his mom's author expo, Percy meets the Green Arrow when... More

Star City
The Statue
Gorilla on the Loose
See Ya Later, Losers
Magical Rags?
Thea Fangirls like a Fangirl
Nightmares suck
The Card Game
Abandoned Warehouse
Handcuffs
Guys, I Swear I'm Not a Metahuman
Arrested
No, I'm a Unicorn
Exposing Oliver
Star-throwing Killer
Scars
Great, He's Not Dead
Im Dyslexic, You Idiots
You're Like- Twinsies
That Wasn't Part Of The Plan
Definitely Not Tyson
Bad Timing
Cool Codenames
Saving the Dog
Chaotic Dead People
Ugh, a Suit
He's Definitely Related To Post Malone
Liability
It's Happening Again
Percy, un-knife yourself
Oliver
Mr. Grumpy Pants
Nonexistent Maternal Instincts
1 minute
Prometheus-less?
He Wants His Bow Back
Cliffhanger Number....5?
Have I Said How Much I Hate Planes?
The End of a Journey
Authors note

All He Wanted Was A Breakfast Burrito

4.8K 138 20
By milkyxrose

Percy

When I first arrived in Star City, the last thing I imagined was that I'd get kidnapped by a merry band of vigilantes. And I definitely never would've guessed that I become a temporary member of their merry band of vigilantes. 

This has definitely been one the most interesting vacations of ever been on, and speaking of vacations, remind me to never go on one again.

However, today was the day I was supposed to go home with my mom and Paul, and I knew that they wanted me to come with them, back in the safe haven of our home, but I also knew I wouldn't be able to leave Star City until I felt satisfied by my work here. Deep down, I knew I couldn't leave, just when things were starting to get good. We had to capture Church, I don't think I could consciously leave so suddenly without having a pit feeling in my stomach. 

I had just swiped the Iris Message away after I finished talking to my parents. After very much convincing and a reluctant yes from both of them, they were allowing me to stay. Honestly, I might've stayed even if they said no. But what were they going to expect from me? They knew this was most likely going to happen when this first helped out, they knew I had to finish what helped started.

Finally in the bunker, Felicity had just finished treating Rene to his extensive wounds that ranged from multiple broken rips, a broken nose, and a stab wound. Bruises were spread along his face and chest area, no doubt from the horrific torture he had to endure from Church. 

The ride back to the bunker after saving Rene was somewhat silent. We all knew the advantage that Church had now that he knew who the Green Arrow was. And I could tell Oliver was just a little bit angry at Rene for confessing his secret, however, I don't think Rene wanted to. It seemed he had tried to hold his own, but just couldn't hold it in any longer, so I don't think it was his fault. But I'm not sure Oliver understands that the way I do.

And Rory had also admitted that after that mission, he would be leaving Team Arrow permanently. He had mentioned that the only reason he had come back was to save his old friend, but now that he has, he feels that he isn't an asset to the team and he still feels uncomfortable working with Felicity, even though he said he forgave her, I think deep down, he'll always resent her for it. I think I'd feel the same way if I was in his position.

But I was in desperate need of a good sleep. I don't remember the last time I've slept for more than 8 hours. It feels like its been months. So I walk over to my makeshift bed in the bunker, and as soon as I lay my head on the pillow, I'm fast asleep.

Oliver

My alarm is rung at 7. But I was already wide awake, my arms and legs spread out like a starfish. I didn't sleep all night, my mind racing with thoughts. And even after the long mission yesterday, I never felt tired. All night, I just sat and stared at the wall, thinking about what I could to fix this mess. I groggily got up, showered, changed, and went to the office. I normally stop at the bunker before going to work, but today, I decided to skip that step because I don't think I'd be able to handle people talking to me about Church. 

I wasn't in the right state of mind this morning. Everything felt off. Now that Church knows my true identity, I couldn't help but think about what he might attempt. 

I sighed, and tried to think about a different topic.

I debated whether I wanted a breakfast burrito from a café not too far from where I stood but I shook my head to myself, knowing I had important things to do which could be wasted if I spent my time getting food. 

I opened the doors to City Hall where I had at least three  people come up to me asking me questions that I didn't know the answer to. So as usual, I brushed them off and headed towards my office. And to my surprise and dismay, my sister wasn't lounging, lacking on the job. It was empty.

It felt too quiet.

A cup of coffee sat on a corner table, who it was from—I have no idea. But it was free coffee. If it was poison, that would be a shame, but I don't think I'd 100% mind if die an unfortunate death from coffee poisoning. At least I wouldn't have to worry about Church anymore.

I took a sip and felt the bitter liquid run down my throat, the strong aftertaste on my tongue even after I swallowed. I set the mug on a coaster, and noticed a piece of paper on my desk. I didn't have to read it to know what it was for. I had to take a speech today in front of city hall, and it seems like Thea already wrote the draft for me to approve of. 

As I looked out the floor-to-ceiling windows, I felt a lurch in my stomach as I thought about the speech today. Church knows my identity and will do everything in his power to stop me, like he said, "All I need is the Green Arrow to get out of the picture".  And something in my gut told me that he was going to try and target me during today's speech. I just haven't figured out a way to tell the speech and not die along the way.

---------

Felicity contacted me right as I stood in the men's restroom, looking in mirror and trying to adjust my tie. She mentioned a few things about an old friend of mine, Christopher Chance, who may or may not be one of the best person of disguises I ever met. I thought about contacting him earlier today, because I knew he was my best chance today for staying safe in the public but I had no way of even contacting him. He just comes and goes like a stray cat.

But knowing Felicity, she found a way to contact him, and he agreed to helping us. It was going to take another two hours for my speech so we had more than enough time to get ready. Security were all on high alert, as this would be a public ceremony. And I technically wasn't allowed to leave. So it would be harder to secretly leave City Hall but that wouldn't be a problem for me.

I easily slipped past all the security guards and officers, and I glided into the elevator with ease. And as the elevator touched the 1st floor, I knew I had to pass much more people down here. After growing up with eyes constantly watching you, you start to learn how to evade people as easily as you speak. 

----

I arrived at the bunker when Curtis greeted me in a monotone voice, and instead of his usual floppy smile, it was a sad frown. I was about to ask what was wrong when Felicity called me over to where she was sitting. I saw Percy spinning around on one of Felicity's spinning chairs, his eyes wobbling around in delight. Sometimes he reminded me of a six-year-old, because they both find anything and everything entertaining. 

Next to Felicity was Christopher, more known as the Human Target. At first I didn't quite get the reasoning behind his name, but I then learned that it was because he can almost shapeshift into anybody he wants. He can target a human, and turn into them.

The plan was that Christopher will take my place during the activities. He'll deliver the speech at City Hall, and leave and be away from the public eye as soon as possible so we can switch back. I just hope it'll be as easy as it sounds. 

All Christopher needed to do was to scan my facial features with a machine he hand, and it would create a mask that is completely identical to my face that he'd wear. While watching him work, I saw that Felicity had a jealous look in her eyes. It seemed she wanted to know more about his device and machinery. 

Percy stood from afar next to Curtis as they watched everything that happened. Even though Percy and Curtis are basically the opposites, they grew a close bond I didn't think would happen.

They were whispering with one another, and Percy patted Curtis's back. I looked at Felicity in question, but her shaking head was an easy "ask later."

After a quick hour, Christopher and I stood side-by-side in the mirror, and the fact that we were identical made me sick to the stomach. Everything about him was similar to me. Every freckle and pore, the little nick on my eyebrow, the faint forehead crease. It was all there. We were already similar in height, and now that our faces our the same gave me an unsettling feeling in my stomach. 

He pressed a button on the suit he wore, and suddenly the voice I'll always recognize — turned into mine. I had to resist the urge to stumble back in fear. 

Everyone in the room gasped the sight of us. Felicity's eyes bulged out, Percy stood there paralyzed in his spot, and Curtis's mouth was ajar. "How is something like this even possible?" Felicity asked, walking around Christopher and I, examining everything about us. 

"I've got my secrets," smiled Christopher.

---

Curtis, Percy, and I would be patrolling the area and nearby buildings, looking for anything or anyone who looks suspicious. John wanted to come and help, but we insisted that he stayed hidden as coming out here in the public would be too risky.  And as for Rene, it took a lot of pestering and convincing, but he is resting in his apartment after the whole ordeal. I don't want him working while injured, especially everything he's been through already.

As we surveyed the area, seeing nothing but people, we relaxed just slightly, knowing that nothing we were safe for now. Felicity was still back at the bunker, watching the nearby surveillance cameras. Curtis and I could hear Felicity talk through our comms, but of course Percy had his old-fashioned walkie-talkie that he insisted on using. He wouldn't even trying wearing his comms again, not after the whole monster incident. 

From my spot from above, I watched as The Human Target took my spot on that podium and delivered that speech, and to my surprise, he delivered it perfectly. 

However, as he finished the speech, nothing had happened. Not one thing, which felt odd. I wasn't sure if I should be relieved or worried, knowing that I wasn't targeting yet.

I kept checking in with Percy and Curtis every few minutes, but they saw nothing highly suspicious either. This would've been the perfect opportunity for Church to target me, especially in the public for everyone to watch. But he wasn't here. Maybe I was being too paranoid? 

Before long, the podium was empty and the crowd pf people had slowly dissipated. Christopher was probably in my office with Thea and Quentin, trying to get his disguise off before anybody saw him.

"Felicity?" I said into the comms, my breathe a bit unsteady. My eyes darted around the area, scanning everywhere my eyes could reach.

"I know what you're thinking. And I'm thinking the exact same thing, Oliver. He could've taken this chance to attack, but he didn't. Do you think he has something else in store? Something even worse?"

"To be honest, I really don't know. He didn't try anything, but at least nobody got injured today."

---

We were all back at the bunker once again, and Christopher had said his quick goodbyes and it was just the four of us. We were all a bit confused today as to what happened. I suppose I was going a bit crazy today. I was convinced something was going to happen, but it seems that I truly was just paranoid. Maybe I really need sleep because it was messing with my thinking this entire day.

And later that night, I found out that Paul, Curtis's husband wants a divorce, which is why Curtis was so gloomy this entire day.

Percy explained to me that Paul had accused Curtis of always keeping secrets and not being open to him. He said he wanted to have an open relationship, and he felt that Curtis wasn't the same Curtis that he knew when they first met. Curtis had tried to convince me to allow him to let Paul know why he was being so secretive, but I declined. I knew the risks of having your loved ones know your identity, and I'd feel horrible if something happened to Paul, knowing that it was most likely my fault. 

Curtis lashed out, screaming at me. But afterwards, he went outside to take a breather and calm himself down, which is what he really needed. 

We all went back to our separate things, Felicity went back to her computer, Percy was looking around the bunker for the 6th time. And even though we thought today was a success, we were wrong in every way possible. Because as we sat in the bunker, we had failed to realize that across town, Church laid dead on the street. Dead from someone we cast aside as a criminal, thinking they weren't important. But in all honesty, he became the most important of them all. 

Prometheus.

•••••••

AAAAAAAaaaaAaaAAaaAAAAaaAa
I know. Finally. We finally got to this part. Yippeee.

AND thank you SO MUCH FOR 100 FOLLOWERS. I LITERALLY DIDNT THINK I WOULD GET THIS MANY FOLLOWERS WHEN I FIRST STARTED WATTPAD BACK IN DECEMBER. Dedicated to @karl-with-glasses for being my 100th follower :)

BUT I ACTUALLY SORTA LIKE THIS CHAPTER 😌

HAVE an AMAZING DAYYYYY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 3.2K 20
Percy Jackson, after the traumatic experience of war, and overcoming the deaths of his closest friends, decides to be productive. His mother provides...
1M 38.7K 91
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
17.3K 429 19
When Sally died during childbirth, Percy was put up for adoption. And guess who adopted him? The Potters... myths and magic, wands and swords. Two ma...
13.3K 1.2K 8
" Maine tujhse pyaar kiya, Yeh bataya nhi. Tere itna hi pyaar kiya, Par jataya nhi. Main tumhara ho kar bhi, Tumhara ho paya nhi. " - Virat think...