Internet Friends || Michael C...

By malumwritings

~12:03 am~ To: "sex god" Mikey i wish we could meet. ~12:07 am~ From: "sex god" Mikey one day, we will. Sequ... More

Internet Friends || Michael Clifford
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
NEW BOOK :-)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Character Ask Answers!!
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 +
Chapter 30
Epilogue
Epilogue Pt. 2
Final Character Answers
Other Stories
Sequel!
bonus chapter - second place
bonus chapter - first place
one million reads
new books that I've started
New Story!

Chapter 15

69K 2K 3.4K
By malumwritings

Sophie

☼☼☼

~1:33 am~

to: "sex god" Mikey

mikeyyyyyyy

~1:33 am~

from: "sex god" Mikey

why are you texting me you dweeb you're right next to me

~1:35 am~

to: "sex god" Mikey

i hate youuuuuuu so much

~1:35 am~

to: "sex god" Mikey

but that's a lie because i love you sooooooo much

~1:35 am~

to: "sex god" Mikey

and you don't love me back mikeyyyyyy

~1:36 am~

to: "sex god" Mikey

and it makes me sad :-(

~1:38 am~

from: "sex god" Mikey

what actually talk to me please.

I looked up from the blinding light of my phone, looking directly at Michael. He was already staring back. He had a different girl from the one he was making out with earlier perched on his lap. Letting out a frustrated sigh, I grabbed onto Calum's hand and started pulling him away from the table. I stumbled a bit but Calum caught me. He was always there to catch me. I liked it.

"Can we leave now?" I asked him and he just nodded, grinning.

***

The sun crawled in through the cracks of the blinds as I moved closer to the breathing closer object next to me.

"Good morning Mikey," I whispered.

Michael moved and wrapped his arms around my waist bringing me closer to him. It didn't feel right.

"Did you say Michael?" the voice groaned.

I fucked up.

Lifting my head up slowly and took in my surroundings, I was not in the light green colored room I had been staying in the past few days. How the fuck did I end up in Calum's room?

My head hurt and I slowly brought my head back down and laid it down on Calum's chest. I wouldn't have panicked much but I was only in my underwear and a giant t-shirt and Calum was only in his boxers.

This is not good. I'm going to hell. This is not good. I'm going to hell. How do I explain this to Michael? I'm going to be murdered and then I'm going to hell.

I had the worse luck. I tried going back to sleep because that seemed to be Calum's plan but all I could do was look up at the ceiling and reevaluate everything bad that had happened in the past 12 hours. What even happened?

I tried moving over in the bed but Calum had me pulled so closely to him I could barely breathe. I pushed his arm off slowly and put my pillow there instead. Calum didn't seem to notice as he pulled the pillow closer to him.

I grabbed my phone off of the bedside table and knew I was even more fucked. 17 missed calls and 43 texts messages all from Michael.

~8:53 am~

from: "sex god" Mikey

Soph where are you

~8:53 am~

from: "sex god" Mikey

are you okay

~8:54 am~

from: "sex god" Mikey

Soph please answer. Luke and Ashton said they haven't seen or heard from you since last night.

~8:54 am~

from: "sex god" Mikey

where are youuuuuuu im freaking out

~8:55 am~

from:"sex god" Mikey

just call me whenever you see this; wherever you are

And the text messages continued and repeated themselves. I saw I had voice messages from him as well but I thought it'd be better to call him back.

I dialed the phone and on the second ring Michael picked up.

"Sophie, where the fuck are you? Are you lost? Do I need to pick you up? You have had me worried sick for the past eight hours," Michael said quickly talking before I could even say anything.

"Good morning to you too, sweetie," I tried to joke to lighten the mood but I could tell Michael was not in the mood to hear my terrible jokes.

"Where are you?" he asked and he seemed completely unamused.

"I'm at Calum's right now," I mumbled suddenly feeling really guilty again about whatever had happened.

"Why the fuck are you at Calum's?" Michael hissed.

"I have no idea," I whispered but I definitely knew that wasn't the right answer.

"Whatever, just come over whenever you decide to leave your shag for the night," Michael said before hanging up.

My heart fell to the bottom of my stomach and I felt as if my world was shattering around me. Michael had never ever ever been so rude to me in our entire friendship even if it had been just joking. Except the time I had left the venue he was playing at but he knew I was nervous and apologized.

I didn't even know what he was talking about. I didn't want to have to spend the night in the guest room listening to him and the blonde bitch going at it constantly.

"Why do I even like him?" seemed to be the question repeatedly running through my head but I knew why. He was my best friend and I fell hard.

I fell back onto the bed and immediately Calum's arms wrapped around me.

"Happy birthday, beautiful," Calum whispered.

"Thanks," I said softly.

I felt strange being in an unfamiliar room; I had to know what happened.

"Cal?" I asked, immediately regretting speaking up and slowly wanted to dig myself in a hole.

"Are you wanting to know what happened?" he sighed. He looked up from where his head was laying on my chest and I sat up with him. We distanced ourselves a bit and it was awkward honestly.

"How-how'd you know?" I asked.

"Because you keep fidgeting and you won't make eye contact with me," he said and I knew it was true. I had looked at him in the eyes for maybe the total of ten seconds.

"What did happen?" I asked slowly. I was scared of what I would hear. A drunk Sophie was an interesting Sophie.

"We kissed like once more when Michael was around and then you kept muttering that you were going to hell so I gave you water to try and sober you up and we fell asleep," Calum said.

"So nothing was inserted anywhere and no clothes was removed besides my dress and your jeans?" I asked and Calum nodded his head.

I smiled widely, thanking him. Calum was a kind soul and I was so glad he didn't take advantage of me. I was upset and drunk and those things don't go well together.

I could tell he was trying not to laugh but I honestly felt so paranoid over this whole situation.

"Does this change anything between us?" Calum asked after we had stayed in silence for a bit. He had been humming some sort of song that had me entranced before he spoke up.

"No, I hope not," I said honestly.

"Good, I was scared you were going to be convinced that we were dating and like become obsessed and clingy because that's happened to me with someone in the past and it didn't end well. I know you like Michael though and that you wouldn't move on so quickly. I just wanted to make sure," Calum said squeezing my leg again.

"You know I like Michael, you don't have to worry about me becoming obsessed with you," I giggled, Calum chuckled as well.

"Michael's going to kill me. I'm dead. Might as well say your goodbyes now because next time you'll see me is at my funeral," Calum muttered.

"Why would he be pissed? He hooked up with someone as well. If anything, it'll be both of our funerals. We're both dead," I responded to Calum's muttering and he looked up with a look of sympathy.

"I'm sorry Soph, I swear that boy loves you. I just don't think he knows how to communicate his feelings that well yet."

"Obviously if he wanted to make a good impression he wouldn't have made out with someone else!" I exclaimed.

"You made out with someone too."

"It was a dare."

"You could've called a loss."

"I guess so."

"Do you want me to take you back to Michael's?" Calum asked and I slowly shook my head no.

He called me a whore.

Not directly but it had been implied.

"What did that dick say now?" Calum asked.

"It's nothing," I said pushing off the bed and away from Calum, "Can I take a shower? I feel kind of gross."

"Yeah sure, I'll get some towels and I'll leave you some stuff that Mali has left over," Calum said.

I sat on the foot of the bed quietly as Calum went and grabbed the few things he had promised me. It left me alone to my thoughts.

"When you decide to leave your shag of the night."

I was never easily hurt and honestly I had gone through the whole "Are you a groupie?" thing when Michael's and I's friendship became more public. I had learned how to deal with the few fans that called me skank, and whore, and pathetic, and slut, and prostitute. It just felt completely awful having it come from the opposite end this time.

He should know better; I didn't even have my first kiss until I was 15 and I had only ever had one boyfriend while I got calls constantly from Michael about how he had tried to slip out of someone's bed or how he couldn't remember the name of the person he had been with the night before. I had hooked up with maybe three or four people in the past but it was never to that extent. Michael was a fucking hypocrite.

Calum seemed to be taking a bit so I laid back on the bed again, staring at the ceiling and just counting the seconds as they went by. I started to get to the point of boredom where I started counting the ceiling tiles.

"No, no, no. C'mon Soph. Get a little pep in your step. Here's some clothes and here's some towels," Calum changed and he pulled me off of the bed. I stumbled off of the bed and landed into his chest instead of the floor.

"I'm sorry Cal," I whispered.

He wrapped his arms around me and made sure I was standing straight before moving away again. He was truly a saint for making sure I was okay constantly.

"Don't be sorry Soph, how about you go shower and we can leave? You stink," Calum spoke and I hit him on the back of his head.

"You smell no better, Mr. Hood. You accidentally spilled a beer on yourself last night and I can still smell it," I said rolling my eyes.

"It wasn't my fault you ran into me," Calum mumbled and I let out an embarrassed giggle.

"I don't even remember that part happening."

"Of course you don't, now go shower," Calum said.

He led me to a door in his room and opened it revealing a shower.

"I'll be using my parents shower so I might be ready before you," Calum said.

"Is it a competition, Hood?" I asked.

"May the best person win," Calum said.

We took off running in opposite directions. I was at an advantage for having the bathroom right next to me. I closed the door behind me and spent about five minutes trying to figure out how to turn on the shower but once I did I was content to finally shower.

***

My hair now smelled like Calum's and so did my body. He had a very distinct smell to his Axe body wash. It was a relaxing smell.

Calum had left me a pair of Mali's shorts and then one of his grey t-shirts, which even tucked into the pair of shorts, it fell off of my shoulder.

I walked out of the bathroom, after I had managed to borrow a hair brush and use a new tooth brush Calum had given me, running directly into Calum.

"Where you just waiting outside the door, Cal?" I asked laughing.

"Possibly," Calum said shrugging his shoulders.

Calum grabbed my hand, leading me through the house once I had grabbed my stuff and we left going to Calum's car.

"Do you want to go out for breakfast or do you want to go to Michael's?" Calum asked once we had pulled out of the neighborhood.

"I am pretty hungry right now," I said quietly and Calum laughed.

He looked over at me and then back at the road.

"Do you want to go to a café or like a diner? I don't know what you'd want to eat."

"Is there any place that sells bagels? I really want a bagel," I admitted.

"Let's go to Bagel City then," Calum said. He did a U-turn at the next light and he started driving in the direction of his house again.

"Michael told me you loved bagels," Calum whispered.

"I eat them everyday and if we were to FaceTime everyday in a week at different times, I'd at least be eating a bagel twice."

"Why bagels though? Why not cereal? Or toast? Or fruit?" Calum asked.

"Are you judging my bagel addiction?" I gasped.

"No, no, I would never, Miss Rose," Calum said strangely, making me giggle.

We stayed silent for the rest of the drive with the radio quietly playing in the back. Calum pulled into a parking lot and motioned for me to stay still. I was a bit worried because I had no idea what he was doing but then he ran to my side of the car to open the door.

He pulled me out of the car and we walked side-by-side, into the store. Calum was such a nice person to be around.

We went into the store and he motioned for me to sit down as he went to pick up our orders. I tapped my fingers against the table in the familiar tune of Disconnected as I waited for Calum to come back.

I was hungry. I was tired. I was grumpy. I was sad. I was mad. I was hungover.

I pulled up Twitter on my new phone and saw a lot of different trends going on at the moment. One stuck out the most. Michael had tweeted it out right after I had called him.

@Michael5sos: I'm sorry Sophie.

I quickly sent him a text and went back to scrolling through Twitter.

"Are you Sophie?" I turned my face to the voice.

"Um yeah, I am," I said smiling at the girl that was now in front of me.

"Can I get a picture with you?" She asked.

She was really cute. She had short blonde hair and her green eyes reminded me of Michael's.

"Why would you want a picture with me?" I asked quietly. It had happened once before and it surprised me.

"Because you're like famous in the fandom and I totally look up to you. You're so nice to everyone," the girl responded.

"You're so nice, what's your name?" I asked.

"I'm Ivy," she said smiling.

She took the picture she wanted of us and started to turn away but then Calum showed up with my asiago bagel.

I grabbed it out of his hand and greedily ate it. I had missed bagels. Halen wouldn't let me buy them at his house. He said they weren't "real food". Bullshit.

She stayed to talk to Calum and they got a few pictures as I continued eating my bagel and drinking my coffee.

"Well bye Calum, bye Sophie, I better get going. Say hi to the rest of the guys with me!" she said waving and then leaving the place.

I turned to watch as she walked away and I felt something hit the back of my head.

"Did you just throw a piece of fruit?" I asked Calum, glaring at him as he held back a laugh.

"Maybe I did. Maybe I didn't," he shrugged and I flicked him off.

"You're so mean to me, Soph," he said pouting and I laughed.

"At least I don't pelt you with fruit like some others do."

"It was an accident."

"What did it do? Accidentally, fly off your fork in my direction?"

"That's exactly what happened."

We finished our breakfast and left the café as soon as possible. The lunch lines were starting to form and there were a lot of people. I swear I was going to kill this boy.

I slowly started recognizing the streets we were taking and I think I knew the way to Michael's home. I had been driving around with Michael quite a bit two days prior after I had forced him to because I wanted to know my surroundings. I didn't want to get stranded in the middle of Sydney.

"Do we take a left here?" I asked pointing at the next street.

"How do you know?" Calum asked looking at me a bit surprised. I mean I had only been in Australia maybe a week and I already knew the general location I was in.

"I hate not knowing where I am and I guess I get really anxious in new places so I made Michael show me around," I explained and Calum laughed.

My leg started shaking faster and faster against the dashboard as we pulled into Michael's neighborhood. I felt like I was going to throw up; or pass out.

He took the same turns I had taken two days before to get to Michael's house. I had felt a bit more calm until I saw the navy blue shutters and bright red door that belonged to Michael's house.

"I'm scared," I whispered.

"You'll be fine. Michael will be more mad at me than at you."

It was going to be okay.

Calum pulled into the driveway and the front door swung open at the same time, Michael was waiting outside the house. I slowly walked inside with both boys following me. I wanted to know avoid both of them at the moment but it didn't seem possible.

"Where have you been?" Michael asked through gritted teeth.

"We just went to Bagel City. Don't worry, mate," Calum said standing next to me.

"I was going to take her there; why do you have to take away my best friend?" Michael asked, his voice had started raising and I slowly moved farther behind Calum.

"And you're wearing his shirt? Did you sleep with him too?" Michael asked pulling at the fabric on my shoulder.

He was so pissed.

"You know I don't do one-night stands," I muttered looking down at the ground. I was ashamed. Michael had never yelled at me.

"And I'm not a child Michael. I know what I'm doing and I know I do not need your input on what I do. Stop treating me as if I'm a fragile child," I snapped.

I didn't like this whole arguing and confrontation thing.

"Michael, you need to stay calm. I would never take advantage of Sophie," Calum said stepping even more in between Michael and I.

Everyone one was quiet as I slowly went from behind Calum and stood in the middle of both of them.

"Calum, can you leave? I want to talk to Michael by myself," I said slowly. I didn't want him to get even more upset.

"Yeah, sure. Text me if you need anything," Calum whispered.

I hugged him as a thanks and he kissed my cheek before leaving the door. The kiss on my cheek was completely friendly but Michael didn't seem to take it that way.

As soon as he did, I felt Michael pick me up and he set me down on the kitchen counter. Giving him a confused look, I watched as he grabbed a dish towel and wetted it down with water and soap.

He pressed it to my cheek, where Calum had kissed it, and started scrubbing.

"I need to get rid of the Calum germs," he muttered.

It stung as he started scrubbing a bit harder.

"Ow, Michael, that hurts," I whined, slapping his hand away.

He placed a kiss to my cheek, where Calum had, and I pushed him away.

"You've been a real dick the past 12 hours or so," I said, getting off the counter and walking towards Michael's room. I had to charge my phone since I hadn't been able to the night before. Michael followed behind quickly.

"How?" Michael asked. He sounded really upset and I almost pitied it.

"You called me a whore, Michael. You yelled at me. You forgot my birthday, you haven't said anything about it. You tweet that you're sorry but when we are face to face, you can't even say it. I'm so confused, Michael," I said.

"Oh my god, Soph. I'm so sorry. I'm such a terrible person. I didn't realize how rude what I had said was until I said it. I wasn't thinking. I didn't mean to forget to tell you happy birthday, I was just mad that you spent your night with Calum and not me. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me," Michael said. His whole demeanor had changed from when Calum had been there.

"I wasn't going to stay with you for the night if you were going to make me a third wheel for someone you don't even know the first name of," I said. My voice was getting louder and it hurt with the hangover I had. It was killing my head.

"I'm so sorry Soph, I promise I won't do it again. I didn't mean anything of what I said. Please forgive me," he pleaded and pulled me into a tight embrace. He started shaking and it felt as if he were crying.

I couldn't ever hate him; even if we had been fighting.

☼☼☼

HELLO ALL YOU LOVELY PEOPLE. I'm so sorry this took so long. I had state testing the first three days this week and then I didn't do any of the work I was assigned the whole week so then I had to do it all Wednesday night so it lead me to not update as quickly but I updated a bit each day.

I hope you guys like this update and I love you all so much. There's a bit of Calphie in it but everyone needs a bit of Calphie in their life. Thank you for reading my story and if you want to read anything while waiting for updates I have a Luke and a Calum one up and I update them everyday because I have saved up chapters.

I'm so happy I reached 17k reads on this story and I never expected this book to go as far. I thought I wasn't going to get even half of these reads in these amount of chapters so thank you. I love you all. Xx

~_HeartbreakHemmings

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47 0 15
" 𝒾 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒽ℯ𝓇 𝓉ℴ 𝒷ℯ 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝒾 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁ℯ 𝓊𝓃𝒸ℴ𝓃𝓉𝓇ℴ𝓁𝓁𝒶𝒷𝓁𝓎"
456 26 31
Michael Clifford Fanfic