Bitter Holidays in Jeju

By Imcrazyyouknow

World Trip Series 6 Previously working as a personal assistant, Raijine was called back to work to this popul... More

World Trip Series 6
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Thank You!
Special Chapter 1

Chapter 32

154 25 0
By Imcrazyyouknow

Chapter 32

When BJH told the driver our destination, I immediately searched it online and look for it. I just found out that it's the landmark of Seoul. It is most commonly known as Namsan Tower. It is an observation tower in Namsan Mountain where we can have a view of Seoul's skyline. I wonder why Jin-hyeong brought me here because I also just found out that Namsan Tower is a commonplace to go to by couples.

Is it really a romantic place? BJH and I aren't romantic. At all.

It took us almost forty minutes of drive when we finally reached the place. When the driver dropped us off in the parking area, I followed BJH wherever we'll be going today. I've never been to this place before so it's my first time exploring this tourist site.

"You're a slow walker," BJH said, facing me. He grabbed my hand. "We should be there quick."

Napatango na lang din ako sa kanya. "Okay, sorry..."

He smirked and I just followed his walking phase hangga't sa makarating kami sa admission office para bumili ng ticket. Jin-hyeong just grabbed his card from his wallet and paid for us both. Kahit umangal ako, he will still insist to pay for it gaya no'ng nasa Jeju pa kaming dalawa. But the admission fee here is too pricey. He bought us the round trip ticket for 9,500 won.

He handed over my ticket and then we proceed to head inside the building premises. Before we could even go to the cable car that would bring us to the mountain, dumaan pa muna kami sa isang gift shop na ang halos laman ng paninda ay mga lock o kandado and Jin-hyeong bought two in a shape of hearts.

After that, we proceed to the top floor where would be the cable car is. We waited there with the others. The cable car goes around every ten minutes so when the cable car finally arrived, we presented our tickets and walked inside the cable car with the others. BJH stood at the corner so no one would recognize pero hindi rin siya nakaligtas since iyong ibang kasabay namin ay naglilingon-lingon sa paligid. Some are shocked and surprised and even asked if they could take a photo with him. Pumayag si BJH and these girls couldn't hide their happiness though. I'm happy for them.

The ride was quick at nakarating kaagad kami sa dulo. When we arrived at the place, of course nalula kaagad ako nang iangat ko ang tingin ko sa taas ng tower na nasa natatanaw namin ngayon. The base of the Seoul Tower has a huge open space and the one thing that surprised me is that there were colourful locks clings into every hand railings. As in, sa bawat railings na madaraanan namin, it was all full and I'm so fascinated that I've got to see this stuff personally. Naririnig ko lang din ito no'n and I just couldn't close my mouth as I keep uttering wow every single second.

"Do you want me to take some pictures of you?" he asked.

Hindi ako tumangii at tumango kaagad ako sa tanong niya. "Saan ba pwede?"

"Anywhere, but I know a place where we could do that." Muli niyang hinawakan ang kamay ko at saka niya ako dinala sa area na tinutukoy niya.

Sobrang nalilibang ako sa paligid. There were a lot of people around they are just minding their own business. Everyone's calm and excited. Mostly couples nga ang nakikita ko sa paligid. They were taking pictures of themselves and they are so cute. Some people recognies Jin-hyeong. They called him and waved at him. They respect Jin-hyeong's space and no one even asked to have a picture with him.

There were stores around. Hindi talaga nawawala ang padlock store na siyang dinarayo naman ng mga tao. Tumuloy kami sa isang platform paakyat kung saan may area na pinupuntahan ng mga tao to take some pictures. Mas lalong lumapad ang ngiti sa labi ko dahil nakikita ko. Still, all the sides of the railings and fences has filled with padlocks.

BJH asked for my phone so he could take pictures of me. I handed the phone he gave to me. Promise niya kasing ibibigay niya sa akin iyong luma niyang phone dahil old model na ang gamit ko. He gave it to me nang walang pagdadalawang isip. Tinanggap ko as he wouldn't let me reject it.

I posed for the pictures and he just told me where to stand and all.

"Why don't we take pictures together?" I asked.

"I don't like it."

"'Wag ka na choosy! Dali na!" pamimilit ko pa. "Akin na ang phone. Let me take our photos."

Inabot niya ang phone sa akin. Wala siyang nagawa kung hindi ang magpicture kaming dalawa. I didn't even notice then that some people are watching us. Naku, mai-issue na naman kami na magjowa kaming dalawa, but it's not true so bahala sila sa buhay nila kung gusto man nila mag-isip nang gano'ng bagay.

After taking the pictures, BJH then scooped the padlocks from his pocket.

"Let's lock these," he said, holding it in his hands. Maliit lang iyon but cost five thousand five hundred won each. We look for a spot where we could put it. Though there isn't much space, pinilit naming makahanap kahit kakarampot na spot para ilagay 'yon. "Do you have a marker?" he asked.

Dahil girl scout ako, kinuha ko ang marker sa purse ko at inabot ko sa kanya. He immediately then write J and R 02.19.2022. Valentines happened just a week and we received a lot of fan mails and gifts from his fans. Hindi niya pa nga nabubuksan lahat since he has no time to do it, but I guess if he took some leisure, he would check all those out.

"Write the same thing as well," he told and gave the marker to me. Gaya ng sabi niya, sinulat ko 'yong sinulat niya sa hawak niyang yellow heart-shaped padlock. I'm holding a pink heart-shaped laptop. Nanginginig pa ang kamay ko nang sulatin iyon. "Fantastic," he uttered when I finished writing it.

"Ilalagay na ba natin 'to?" tanong ko pa. Tinanguan niya lang ako saka kami lumuhod sa floor para mailagay sa siksikang padlocks ang aming dalawa. Jin-hyeong interlocked our padlocks before he locked them to the railings. "Anong meron dito? Bakit ginagawa 'to?"

Dahan-dahan kaming tumayo and we just stood behind the fence.

"They called this the padlock of love this signify that they are locking the love what they have. This speaks much more about commitment. You know, that?"

Umiling ako. "Hindi... I just knew that now on you... pero curious lang ako, bakit ako? Why would lock a padlock with me?"

"I don't know if you know that, but somehow you're special to me, Raijine," he leaned his arms over the fence. "Over the past few weeks we stayed in Jeju, you were there for me and you made me realize something. I'm going to tell you what happened back in the military... it was really a struggle for me. I kept losing hope and power to continue it. I kept missing the life I've been doing before when I entered the military, and when I got out, I started to lose interest in everything so I'm debating with myself about going back to the military, but you were there and Chini to support me. The support and love you have for me and the commitment you have for this job made me realized that everything happened for a reason and those struggles made me a better person now. So, thanks, Raijine." Inakbayan ako nito at siniksik sa kanyang gilid. "Without you, I would still probably in Jeju now."

"I'm glad I could help you even at the smallest thing I could've done."

He nodded. "You might not know it, but you did... somehow you did."

That touched my heart. Gusto kong maluha pero ayoko namang ipakita sa kanya. Mababaw ang luha ko sa mga ganito kaya pasimple na lamang akong huminga ng malalim.

We noticed then that people are getting behind the fences and all are staring at the skyline.

"Oh, good thing, sunset is here."

"This is beautiful, Jin-hyeong... thank you for bringing me here. Ganito pala feeling ng may jowa kahit kunwari lang. At least I've got to feel it."

Napangisi si Jin-hyeong. "Do you really want to know how it feels like to have one?"

Napakibit balikat ako. "Pa'no ba?"

The next thing he did surprise me. Inilapit niya ang ulo niya sa akin.

"Pwede ba kitang halikan?" he asked, his accent sounded a bit off, but cute when he spoke in full Tagalog. I just nodded, stunned by his request.

Hinalikan niya ako. My eyes widened from being shocked while he has his eyes closed. Malambot ang labi niyang dumampi sa akin. He even pressed his lips unto mine and we've done that for a few seconds until he slowly parted away with a grin growing on his face.

"Does that make you feel good now?" he asked.

Napatango na lamang ako at hindi ko siya magawang tingnan sa kanyang mata. I know this isn't the first time we've kissed, but this is different from what we have before. He kissed me with permission and we're in a place that romantic couples usually goes. Ang bilis ng kabog ng dibdib ko habang pinapanood namin ang sunset.

"I just wanna say something before we leave this area," Jin-hyeong said. "I just wanna thank you for making me feel like me again, Raijine. I guess you really had it in you to make people believe in themselves."

I smiled and seeing those genuine smiles on his face, I knew I was doing the right thing and my job perfectly. I couldn't ask for more. "You're welcome, Jin-hyeong... and I'm always going to believe in you and into whatever you do."

When the sky turned bright orange and slowly getting dimmed, the lights turned on and make it more special to those who are still in the place. Some become so bright with all the neon lights the photo spots are still one of a kind after sunset.

Jin-hyeong decided to go to the tower. We look for the entrance and as soon as we get there, he paid another admission for us to get inside. He paid ten thousand won each. Sumunod na lang din kami sa agos ng tao hangga't sa mapunta na kami sa observation deck sa fifth floor ng tower. We just spend most of our time there and we just noticed that most of the people that were outside earlier are here inside the tower and watched the city lights and Seoul's skyline.

"I wish I could be here again," I muttered, sighing.

"You can always do that." Jin-hyeong patted my shoulder.

"Well, I can, but the admission is a little pricey."

"That's fine. The experience is worth it anyway."

I nodded. "Yeah, I agree... this is worth it. What do you feel like after you performed earlier, Jin-hyeong?"

He shrugged off. "It's alright. I still get the nerves because this is far more different from what I usually do, but this is great... I'm happy that people appreciate my music and my performance."

"Of course, they love it. No Baek Jin-hyeong they wouldn't support. For me, you're one of a kind. You're so precious. So as long as there are people who are supporting you, we won't stop loving you."

"Are you saying that on their behalf or your feelings?" He smirked. Napakagat naman ako sa ibabang labi ko. "Either way, I'm feeling their love so I appreciate it so much. Chini's being so nosy helps though."

"I agree! Did you know that they were so loud some other night? I don't know what they were doing, but it seems like they could be doing something..."

He laughed. "Oh, you just have to get used to it. If they got home late, expect they'll be so wasted tomorrow morning."

Napangiwi na lang ako. "I hope not..."

"And what are you going tonight after this?" he asked.

Napakunot ang noo ko. "Bakit mo naman natanong?"

He shrugged off. "Maybe you could just join me in the condo and let them have the house for the night. Stay with me, Raijine. What do you think?"

Napabitaw ako nang malalim na hininga. "Hindi ko alam... kailangan ko munang tanungin si Chini."

He shook his head. "But is it okay with you?"

Muli akong napakibit balikat. "Okay lang naman kung papayag si Chini."

"Then it's settled," he said. Napauwang ang bibig ko sa sinabi niya. "You're going to stay with me from now on. Don't mind Chini. I'll talk her out of this. You'll be staying in my place and as part of your job, you should be there to look for me, right?"

Napatango na lang ako sa kanya. Wala akong kawala. Kaya nang umalis kami ng Namsam Tower ay dumiretsyo kaagad kami sa bahay namin ni Chini at tinulungan ako ni Jin-hyeong na buhatin ang mga gamit ko at ilagay sa sasakyan. I asked him kung ipapaalam niya kay Chini ngayong gabi ang pag-alis ko sa bahay namin do'n, but he just let it go. Surprise na lang daw.

As soon as we reached the Seoul Forest Trimage and have all of my stuff inside his condo apartment, he directed me to my room. This is one of the guest rooms and I think I will be occupying it from now on for the next three years.

"Welcome to your new home," he announced, smiling widely. I winced and then I just took a deep breath as believe this new home will be good for me. Jin-hyeong is around and it's a little easy for me to check on him.

I didn't expect that I'm going to live with him, but then surprisingly, all I didn't hope for happened at a time where everything falls into the right place.

***

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy this chapter! Let me know your thoughts! I would appreciate it so much!

#BitterHolidaysInJeju32 #BHIJ32 #WTS6

Interact with me on Twitter >>> @Imjacobxoxo

***

Nakalimutan ko kahapon, it's Ha Chini Sung's birthday! She just turned 21, 22 in Korean age. Ang timeline ng BHIJ ay December 2021 to March 2022, so at this moment, June 2021--hindi pa nagsisimula ang story niya. Let's just celebrate her birthday kahit delay ng isang araw! (June 3, 1999)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 161 36
MOON SERIES #2 | COMPLETED Gabrielle Angela Garcia is a very close person to Arely in their squad- buddy, sister, name it that she will do everything...
71.4K 3.1K 34
"I will always leave a trace to remember my way back to you."- Kael Valdez [ BOOK PUBLISHED UNDER B&B PRINTING SERVICE ]
931K 32K 75
[REVISED VERSION: MAY 2024] Coffees and pancakes. Teas and waffles. Two people crossed that created ditto but with dissonance.
70.7K 1.6K 35
Formerly Twisted Happiness (Season 2). Book 2 of the #SanLie Trilogy. #THS2. "Falling in love is easy. Staying in love is a challenge. Letting go is...