A Hero's Dirty Work (Villain...

By IsaacChristensen

It was dark out. It was dangerous, and there was a terrified victim who needed saving every time he turned ar... More

Heroism
Gone
Everyone Has A Story
Rivalry
Captured
Trapped
Newsworthy
The Entrance Exam
Electrified
Homeroom
Quirk Assessment
Quirk Analysis
Combat Training
Gear Up
The Savior
Plans In Motion
Friends and Family
USJ
All Might
Questions
Responsibility
Famous
The Date
Barriers
Recruiting
Encounters
Preparations
Ready, Set, Go!
The Tournament - Pt. 1
The Tournament - Pt. 2
Spotted
Semifinals
Todoroki vs Bakugo
Rat Satan
Ingenium
Internship Start
Stain vs. Savior
Predicament
Catch Up
Running Out Of Time
Ten Months of Hell
Cauliflower
Return of the King
Unhinged
Nothing but a Weapon
Birth of a Nightmare

Break Free

1.1K 62 22
By IsaacChristensen

Michi jerked awake as the bus slowed to a stop. Even with the unexpected final exam against the teachers, everyone in class 1-A had passed. Kaminari had shown off a few of his new gadgets that Nezu, Powerloader, and Mei had designed, and he'd decided that his hero name would change to Prototype.

Now they were on their way to a summer camp training, and he was woken up by the bus pulling over by the side of the road. He blinked his eyes blearily, feeling cautious and wary as the class was ushered out of the bus and onto the street. What was Aizawa planning?

"—Wild, Wild Pussycats!" There was an introduction there, but he'd missed it because he was so distracted.

"From here, you need to make it through the Beast's Forest and to the camp by lunch! Are you ready?" one of them said. Before anyone had a chance to respond, the ground collapsed underneath them, depositing them at the bottom of a cliff. Michi groaned; of course.

"Why did she call it the beast's forest?" Kirishima asked, looking around the woods cautiously. His question was answered as an enormous creature made of earth rose from the ground and began lumbering towards the class.

Bakugo blasted it to pieces before it could take two steps, but more were rising from the forest. Michi felt himself growing annoyed; he recognized Earth Flow as Pixie-Bob's quirk, and he guessed she was just trying to show off.

He stepped forward, finally fully awake, and he took charge of the situation. "Kirishima, I need you to chop down a few trees! Todoroki, Sato, Shoji, Tenya, Tokoyami, and Mina, you guys help Kacchan keep the monsters busy for a minute. Sero, Momo, Kaminari, and Uraraka, I need you over here after Kirishima's done, and Aoyama, get ready after that. Everyone else, just try to support everyone that's fighting the earth beasts."

No one questioned him, and soon Kirishima had gathered enough trees to make a decently sized platform. "Awesome! Kirishima, you can go help fight the earth monsters now. Sero, use your tape to lash these together here. Momo, make some wires, and Kaminari, put the propulsors here on the corners." Michi helped Kaminari attach the propulsion from his suit to the platforms, then used Momo's wires to connect them all. 

"Alright. Now Momo, I have an idea for something you could make. If you—"

He ducked as a monster lunged at him, and one of Kacchan's explosions destroyed the thing before it could go for him again. "Hurry the fuck up! We've gotta get moving!" Kacchan snarled at him before throwing himself back into the fray.

"Right! We're almost done!" he called. "So Momo, I want you to make a powerful magnifying glass that can rotate and swivel, like a turret. The idea is for Aoyama to shoot his laser through it, making it much more powerful and focused."

Momo's eyes widened, and she nodded. She took a deep breath and began concentrating, and Michi turned to Uraraka. "Do you think you can handle making this entire platform float?" he asked. She nodded determinedly. "Good. Kaminari! Grab these wires to power the propulsion system. Get everyone on the platform, and we'll start moving. Momo, how's it going with that device for Aoyama?"

Momo gasped as it burst from her chest, and she slumped forward tiredly. "I... I got it," she said, breathing heavily.

"Perfect. You're the best, Momo," he praised, giving her a thumbs-up. "Aoyama! Come use this to destroy the monsters!"

Kaminari and Sero helped him mount the device to the platform, and they started loading everyone onto it. Aoyama stepped forward hesitantly, eyeing it with a wary gaze. "Are you sure? I don't want my sparkle to become so bright that it hurts someone!"

"Don't worry about it," Michi promised. "Just aim it at the monsters and fire through the magnifying glass."

Aoyama nodded, looking more confident, and stepped onto the platform. He swiveled it on the stand to point at one of the monsters. "Bakugo, Kirishima! Look out!" he cried. He waited for them to dive out of the way, then fired.

A beam of light bright enough to temporarily blind anyone looking at it seared through the air, completely obliterating the beast. Midoriya grinned excitedly. "Keep it up! Kacchan, we need you to drive this thing!"

Bakugo used a few blasts from his palms to get himself over to the make-shift hovercraft Michi had just constructed with the help of his classmates, looking at it with begrudging admiration. 

"Me?" he asked. "Why?"

"We're using Kaminari's propulsion system and Uraraka's gravity quirk to keep us in the air, but your explosions are the only thing that can control our movement. You up for it?"

Bakugo almost snarled at the way Michi phrased it as a challenge. "This will be easy," he scoffed.

As soon as everyone else was on board, Bakugo gripped the edge of the platform with one hand and reached out with the other. "Hold on!" he warned. Creating a large blast with his free hand, the craft lurched forward. Bakugo smirked, keeping up the speed while running from side to side to correct their direction. Aoyama blasted any monsters that got too close, and Todoroki used the recent power boost he'd gotten to cover Aoyama's blind spots.

"Hey, Momo. Do you think you could make one more thing for me?" Michi asked, now that they were cruising steadily through the forest. Even though she looked like she could barely stand, she grinned at him.

"I... I think so."

"I need a sleeping dart gun with a few rounds in it, just in case I miss at first," he told her. She looked like she wanted to ask why, but she eventually just nodded and began constructing it. Michi beckoned for Ochako and Sero while she worked, quickly explaining his plan.

"These earth beasts are from Pixie-Bob's quirk, one of the Pussycats. In order to get them to stop attacking us, we need to take her out. Ochako, you'll make me float to give me a bird's-eye view, and Sero, keep me tethered with your tape so I don't just float away," he directed. The other two students grinned and nodded, just as Momo finished making the dart gun. "Are you guys ready?" Michi asked.

"Ready!" they said in unison. Michi picked up the gun and tied some tape around his ankle, and then he reached a hand out to Ochako.

"You're not to your limit yet, are you?" he checked. She was looking slightly green.

She shook her head, taking deep breaths to control her nausea. "Nope! I'll be alright." She slapped his hand, then threw him into the air. Michi smiled slightly at the feeling of flight; being affected by Ochako's quirk was always so much fun. 

Reaching the end of the tape, he looked around until he saw Pixie-Bob moving her hands as she created more earth beasts to chase after them. Michi raised the rifle to his shoulder, aimed, and fired. Sadly, his aim was slightly off due to the differences between a dart gun and a real gun, and he missed his first shot. He corrected himself and shot again, and this one hit her squarely in the shoulder. She stopped her moving to pluck out the short dart, looking around for whoever could have shot it, and then she collapsed. 

Grinning to himself, Michi signaled for Sero to pull him back down. "You can release me now," he told Ochako after he landed, and she gratefully did so. "So... are the monsters gone now?" he asked.

"As far as we can tell," Tokoyami confirmed, using Dark Shadow to scout through the forest.

"Great, that's mission accomplished. Bakugo, let's get some more speed! I want to be at the camp as soon as possible, and Ochako is starting to get sick."

At the mention of Ochako reaching her limit, a loud blast increased their speed exponentially as Kaminari increased power to the propulsion and lifted them above the treeline. Michi smirked; how's that, Pussycats?

*                *               *

It was hard to keep track of time, but Midoriya was sure it had been at least a month, maybe two. he had no idea what kind of changes had been done to his body, but it had to be significant after this much time just sitting and getting experimented on. Still, even though he couldn't remember what had happened during his time with All For One, he somehow knew it was worse than this. The more they worked on him, the more his body adapted, too, so by now he hardly felt anything.

The door slammed open, drawing the attention of the weird doctor guy and Midoriya to Overhaul. He looked pissed. "I've waited for long enough. Maybe a glimpse of the afterlife will jog your memory," he snarled at Midoriya. Midoriya just winked.

"Wait!" one of his henchmen said, appearing behind him. "We've discussed this. Disassembling and reassembling him could cause memory loss, and we can't risk him forgetting the things we want from him!"

"I'll risk it," Overhaul growled. Midoriya's eyes widened as Overhaul's hand descended on his face. He felt a moment of overwhelming pain, and then everything went black.

*                *                *

Mina was reclining in the camp, eating a delicious meal that Bakugo and Sato had worked together to create. Thanks to Michi, the class had even beaten the teachers, and they had the rest of the day to do whatever they liked. She glanced over at Michi who was laughing with Kaminari and Shinso, but she gasped and jerked upright when he suddenly fell to his knees clutching his chest. 

"Michi?" Shinso asked uneasily. Mina sprinted to his side, hoping he'd straighten, laughing at them for getting so worried.

He desperately pulled out a small circular device from his back, thrusting it wordlessly into Mina's hands. "I—I'm sorry, guys. I made this recording just in case, but it's not as bad as it looks," he promised. "Just watch it, and I'll answer some questions."

He started to melt into a greyish brown goop, and Mina recoiled in horror. "I'm sorry for the secrets. I just did what I had to." He laughed breathlessly. "I'll be seeing you guys later, I hope."

With that, he was gone as though he'd never existed. Mina stared blankly at the small object in her hand, recognizing it as the holographic projector that she'd received from U.A. when she was accepted.

Aizawa pushed his way through the panicking students, trying to find out what the commotion was about. "What happened?" he demanded, taking in Mina's trembling form on the ground. "Where's Hamasaki?"

"He's... he's gone," Shinso stammered. "He just—he melted right in front of us, like he was made of mud. He said he left a recording, but I don't know what's going on—"

"Calm down, Shinso," Aizawa ordered, narrowing his eyes at the small device in Mina's hands. "let's watch this recording before we draw any conclusions."

The class was quickly gathered together, and Aizawa briefly explained everything that they knew, which wasn't much. "Michi Hamasaki has disappeared, leaving only a recording to try and explain. Please try to remain quiet, as we don't know yet if we can watch it more than once. If we miss something important because of your chattering, I will be very upset."

The class nodded silently, and he turned on the projector. Michi appeared in front of them, grinning in his familiar way, and Mina felt herself relax slightly.

"So, if you guys are watching this, I probably melted or something equally traumatic, so I'm sorry about that," he said with a laugh, rubbing the back of his neck. "Don't worry though, that wasn't actually me. I have a lot to explain, but I was hoping to have a chance after everything was over... I guess not. Some of you already know part of the story, but I'm still probably about to blow your minds." He took a deep breath.

"First of all, I'm a clone of the original Michi, and ever since the incident in Hosu, I've been coming to school in his place. This is because he was captured by the Shie Hassaikai from the ambulance. Overhaul, the leader, is the person that the Savior saved that little girl from several weeks ago.

"Here comes the second big secret: the Savior is me, and the little girl he saved is my adoptive sister, Eri." Mina nodded. She'd already known that part, but she was sure there was more to it than that. "Eri's quirk is Rewind, which is how she restored Mrs. Kaminari's quirk and healed Tensei Iida. She has the ability to turn back time for living things, and she has a lot of potential. Overhaul was experimenting on her, trying to make a drug that could erase quirks using her blood. Now that I've been captured, he's probably trying to get me to tell him where Eri is, which means I'm relatively safe; he won't kill me as long as he needs me, and the heroes are already trying their best to find him.

"The thing is, Overhaul's quirk is incredibly powerful. He can disassemble and reassemble matter however he wishes, and that includes humans. If the clone version of me ends up dissolving, it means I technically died. However, Overhaul regularly did that to Eri, so I'm sure that I'm not dead permanently." Michi shifted in his seat, smiling awkwardly.

"Alright, now onto the really big secrets." Mina's eyes widened; how could he possibly be hiding secrets bigger than what he'd just said?! "Since I've already revealed that I'm the Savior, you probably realize that I can change what I look like. Well, I don't look like this, either, and Michi Hamasaki isn't my real name. I was sent to U.A. under an alias and ordered to blend in, with a bunch of brainwashing quirks on me to make sure I followed orders and never gave anything away.

"The only reason I can tell you any of this is because I'm a clone, which means the brainwashing quirks don't affect me. The people that kidnapped and brainwashed me are the League of Villains, which is how I've known what to do every time they attacked. Since I was ordered to pretend to be a real hero, I used that order to help you guys out as much as I could. Before I was Michi Hamasaki, or the Savior, or any of this...

"My name was Izuku Midoriya."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 10.1K 13
Izuku quit dreaming of becoming a pro hero after three times of being denied. He decided to screw it, and just be normal. He has part time jobs, he r...
10.4K 407 14
‼️NOMU DEKU STORY‼️ Izuku Midoriya, quirkless and hated by everyone around him. Too trusting for his own good, it only ever brings him pain. It's a t...
29.5K 885 17
"... Ka.. cchan..?" "Yes.. That's right, De- Izuku.." It was unfamiliar to him. Or was it? He does not recall such name. But he can say it in such e...
45.6K 1.8K 15
~completed.~ Izuku Midoriya. A name that has been long forgotten. Another statistic. Another reason for a 'we can't save them all' speech. He was bu...