Sweet Addiction

By thriving-13

Book VI of the Seven Sins Series It's been 20 years since Amari and Lexi met, 20 years since Amari was told n... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
Tapas

16

1.8K 124 17
By thriving-13

Amari's POV:

"Why did we even have to go? Fuck this shit, I want an iced coffee and a massage!" Lexi whines as we walk down the street in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

After we returned home, Lexi dove into the file of Roman's second chance soulmate, and we are now on our way to find the boy. Unfortunately, my little demon wanted to come but desperately underestimated how fucking hot it would be in the summer in Argentina.

"You wanted to come," Paxton pants, wiping the sweat off of his forehead. "Why the fuck are we here?"

Renato laughs, but he sounds exhausted. "The espresso is good here. I have to try it after we kidnap Roman's soulmate," he says, wiping off his sweaty brow.

"Try it before so we can get the fuck out of here as soon as we find the fucker," Lexi growls. "Anyone who's the soulmate to that prick is going to be a complete fuck, so I want to spend as little time around him as possible."

I'm the one carrying the file, and I open it once again.

Santiago Romero.

Twenty four from Buenos Aires, only child, wealthy parents... I hope he is not as much of a prick as Lexi seems to think he will be, although that would match Roman's personality a bit.

"It's too fucking hot!" Lexi cries again, flinching when a man grabs his arm. "Ay! ¿Qué haces?"

I have no clue what he said, but he said it with fire and made the man jump back.

The man responds in Spanish and Lexi relaxes a bit, looking relieved.

"He heard us say espresso and is going to show us where we can get good espresso and the best street food," Lexi translates, grabbing the file from me, before asking the man a question in Spanish.

The man chuckles and says something else.

"He says there's a million people with the name Santiago here so good luck finding him," Lexi says, glaring at the man as he guides us to a food truck. "I hope he has good taste in food or I will be committing a murder."

I smack his ass. "No murder, Lex."

"You can't stop me."

"I can choose not to fuck you."

Lexi's eyes widen. "You wouldn't!"

I wink at him as Paxton orders us all food from the man Lexi seems caught between hating and appreciating.

He gives us our food, and the smell is making me drool. There's tacos, enchiladas, and a couple of other dishes that I've never seen before. They're all covered with shredded meat, veggies, crumbly cheese, and colorful sauces, and I decide that I don't care about finding Santiago; I just want this damn food in my mouth!

"Why can't you look at me that way?" Lexi asks as we find a shady spot and sit down for a break.

I smile and take a bite. "I look at you with admiration a lot, sugar," I say with a muffled voice because my mouth is full. "You're just looking away when I do."

Lexi seems satisfied in that answer and starts to eat. He is nearly moaning over the food, but I can tell he's being dramatic at some points just to get under my skin because I find his moans very sexy.

"Will you two stop eye fucking each other and finish eating so we can go?" Paxton asks, handing Lexi an iced coffee. "Here's your coffee."

Lexi shrieks and hugs Paxton. "Wait, how'd you order it? You don't speak Spanish?"

"My soulmate knows some Spanish," Paxton says, his hardened expression relaxing as he smiles fondly at his lover.

Renato kisses Paxton's cheek. "You could have figured it out even if I didn't," he says in his Italian accented voice. "Now, to find this boy."

"Rita didn't give us an address... but it does have a workplace. However, it's a chain type store, so there's four locations," Paxton explains. "We could all split up?"

"Pass," Lexi calls. "Renato and I are the only ones who know Spanish and I don't want anyone putting their grimy hands on my Amari."

I nod in agreement, because I don't want to navigate Argentina on my own. I grab Lexi's hand and we say that he and I will search two of the locations and Paxton and Renato can do the other two, but Paxton shakes his head.

"Lexi will drag you somewhere to fuck him," Paxton says. "Brat, you're with me. Renato, Amari, you're together."

Lexi huffs and stomps to Paxton's side.

I join Renato and he shakes my hand like he's Lexi's dad and just gave me his blessing.

"Shall we?" Renato asks, and I follow him toward the first location. "The sooner we find him, the easier it will be. Then again, there is a chance he does not work today."

"Let's just stay positive," I say, opening the door to the small restaurant where he works and we are shown to a table.

Renato laughs. "It would appear that the optimists are partnered together today," he says, pointing out how we are the the positive people in each of our pairings. "Ah! We are in luck."

Our waiter appears and I sigh in relief, as our waiter is none other than the boy we are looking for. I almost with that Lexi and Paxton had found him and not us, because they are both probably livid right now that they're not with their soulmates. Plus, Lexi doesn't like being sweaty unless it's for sex, and it's hot as hell here.

"Americans?" Santiago asks in accented English. "I speak English. What would you like to eat?"

He's polite; that's a good start.

"We were actually looking for you, Mr. Romero," Renato says kindly. "We have a proposition for you."

Santiago narrows his eyes. "I apologize, but I misunderstand you. A proposition?"

"Yes," Renato says, pulling a small gold bar out of his pocket. "I think it would benefit you, Mr. Romero. We have seen your art works and we are very fascinated."

I feel bad that Santiago lights up so much. Due to of all of Rita's work on holding up her end of the bargain, we have a lot of information on Santiago, and he is an aspiring artist and has wealthy parents. I'm not sure why he works with how wealthy his parents are, but it's not my business.

"I would be honored to meet with you," Santiago says nearly glowing with excitement.

Renato nods. "We cannot meet here, though. With what I carry around monetary-wise, I prefer to keep my conversations private."

Santiago is much too excited to want to argue, so he follows us outside of the building and into the empty building where Alastor is waiting for us, currently hidden so that he does not spook Santiago.

I send a quick text to Lexi and let him know our situation, and he sends back a series of provocative texts and emojis, before declaring they will meet with us.

"I wonder, what is your proposition?" Santiago asks, looking around the room curiously. "This is a rather strange building to meet in."

Renato frowns. "I apologize, but we lied to you."

Santiago backs away. "What does that mean?"

"It means, I am a demon and he is a vampire," I say, and Santiago seems caught between fear and confusion. "You are the soulmate to a certain vampire, and bringing you to him will bring peace."

"Prove it," Santiago says, crossing his arms. "Or I will run and send my father's guards after you."

Telling us he plans to run is not really good for him to do, because he's smaller than both myself and Renato.

Renato opens his mouth and shows off his elongating fangs, and Santiago's eyes widen. At the same time, I feel a gust of wind and Lexi flies in, clinging onto my back and wrapping his wings around me.

"Proven," he purrs, kissing my neck and winking at Santiago. "Can we go now? I want to go home."

Santiago attempts to run, but Alastor decides he is going to make an appearance and grips the back of the boy's neck.

"Let go!" he screams, struggling in Alastor's grasp, but it takes more than screaming to get the lord of Hell to let go.

We're all friends with Alastor and he still is stubborn as fuck unless he's being bossed around by Gabriel.

"I am annoyed by his screams," Alastor says.

Paxton takes Santiago from his grip. "I do not know what you want me to do with him, Master. I'm not going to knock him out."

"He's Roman's soulmate," Lexi mumbles, still clinging onto me in his demon's form.

Santiago is crying at this point, and it's sad because he is young and we are pulling him away from his life here. When Paxton grabs his arms to stop him hitting and kicking, I see bruises on his biceps.

"What are those from?" I ask, and Santiago looks at his arms and then at me. "Did someone harm you?"

Lexi looks as well. "Come on, tell us!" he snarls, and I shrug him off my back. "Amari!"

"Be nice, Lexi," I scold, and he growls but shifts back to his fully human form.

Alastor brings us through the portal and then to the mansion, and Santiago has gone silent from shock. His eyes keep flitting to his arms and the finger sized bruises there.

"Would you like me to go with you to see Roman?" Alastor asks.

Paxton shakes his head. "We won't bring him down until later, and I think Gabriel misses you."

Alastor seems grateful. "Have a nice evening. Let me know if there are issues."

Lexi and I stay in the living room, keeping an eye on Santiago, and even though he seems terrified, I see a bit of hope in his eyes. He must have had it harder at home than he lets on, and there's part of me that feels as though we saved him.

I hope I'm right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 5.9K 18
Book SEVEN- The Ultimate Sin series He ran. That the only thing he could do after his ex boyfriend tried to murder him and ever since Zyler Thomas h...
39.7K 1K 31
[BXB] "Promise me you'll stay strong, for me, for us" Smiling at the older boy below him Blake rested his forehead upon Alec's. "I promise" Hearin...
266K 10K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...
247K 11.8K 36
Book III of the Seven Sins Series Tristan was broken for a long time, and he was trapped in a state of pent up anger and pain that never got released...