THE MAFIA'S LAWYER |βœ”οΈ

By Alhexandria22

COMPLETE!!! Karmale leads a life of her own convinience. No commands. Away from family and close to a few fri... More

Author's Note!
β˜†1β˜† A bad headache...
β˜†2β˜† Bitchy Boss & lovely best friends
β˜† 3β˜† blackmail, defiance & taming
β˜†4β˜† grandma Miley
β˜†5β˜† force+defiance
β˜†6β˜† Black Blood Pool
β˜†7β˜† success & goodbyes
β˜†8β˜† Bears
β˜†9β˜† winter holidays
β˜†10β˜† #philophobia
β˜†11β˜† Food fights
β˜†12β˜† Christmas kisses
β˜†13β˜† family dinner; detested guest
β˜†14β˜† New Years
β˜†15β˜† Advice and Court Sessions
β˜†17β˜† Street Racers & Demons
β˜†17β˜† Daddy in The protective role #baby
β˜†18β˜† glass not milk
β˜†20β˜† The forehead kiss
β˜†21β˜† Ryxel's other family
β˜†22β˜† Oppressed
β˜†23β˜† A compromise
β˜†24β˜† A visitor for the bored lass at home
β˜†25β˜† Work again
β˜†26β˜† late returns...
β˜†27β˜† Family is never toxic
β˜†28β˜† A little help wouldn't...
β˜†29β˜† Kitten
β˜†30β˜† Trouble with the names!
β˜†31β˜† new keepers, foods and languages
β˜†32β˜† secretive best friends
β˜†33β˜† vanilla
β˜†34β˜†birthday & reunion celebrations
β˜†35β˜† Vixen- Devil
β˜†36β˜†Back home
β˜†37β˜† Flatter me till I shutter!
β˜†38β˜† safe place
β˜†39β˜† Who was she?
β˜†40β˜† Treacherous bitch
β˜†41β˜† drunk buddies (The Mafia's Lawyer)
β˜†42β˜† a dirty game of touching #philophobia
β˜†43β˜† bad at love
β˜†44β˜† unavailable
β˜†45β˜† Liam and Karmale!
β˜†46β˜† the devil doesn't want you!
β˜†47β˜† the agreement against betrayal
β˜†48β˜† Blinding lights~ final chapter!

β˜†19β˜† friends,protection & trust building

994 32 0
By Alhexandria22

"Ryxel!"

"Karmale."

"Why did you bring me here?" She curiously put forward her question.

It re-echoed in her kidnapper's ears. To him it was a hard one to answer. When he heard those particular words leave her mouth, he wasn't surprised at all 'cause he expected it. Eventually typical madam lawyer had to ask. Inquisitive as ever. Always seeking a chance to interrogate. But what he didn't know was how to address why he had held her captive. He had literally stolen her from her life. He had kidnapped her and had no intention of taking her back. Or even letting her go back. No way. But why? Only he knew. But now she also wanted to know. She demanded an explanation. At least a reason. She was worth that. After all she is the one who had been dragged to his place. To make it more odd, she was brought in an unconscious state. She was not sober. Forget sober. She was far from awake when she got there.

Ryxel pressed the side button on his phone and the light from his phone died out. The screen went black. His full attention was now on his victim. He folded his arms and placed them across his chest. His face stern. His gaze intimidatingly fixated on her. Dangerously digging into her eyes.

Her brain didn't take into account of his look but rather his arms. His painted hand muscles tried to play with Karmale's thinking but she did not let them. This was something serious. No time to drool over someone who she perhaps even going to have to see everyday.

When Ryxel had said to her that it was all a trade, there and then she knew that she was stuck with him. What was she to do now? She wasn't even pretty sure what Mafia life had to do with her. For heaven's sake she was just a lawyer. A dignified one who had nothing to do with bloodshed, drugs and guns. So how was she here and why? Only Ryxel had the answer to that. The poor lass was confused but not dumb to just obey all instructions without asking why. She was not that stupid to accept ignorance and just obey orders. She had to know why.

When Ryxel did not stop looking at her like that, she decided to retaliate. She shot back the same look. A similar death glare. When the Mafia saw that, his eyes darkened like a nimbus cloud had covered his irises. For half a second; swiftly, his eyes were grey-ish somewhat. His blue orbs turned faint and his face clenched tight. His teeth gritted somewhat. She dared. I swear she dared. Karmale Hale Kane dared to stare back with no fear at all. That too in the devil's eyes. But that did not infuriate Ryxel Grande Black. Surprisingly, it didn't. It amused him instead. No one had ever done what the woman standing there all in his clothes had just done.

His serious face grew into a sickly seductive smirk and his other features relaxed. She also dropped her gaze.

"Woman, you are really something!" Ryxel thought his brows raising and knitting in confused amazement.

His eyes strayed a bit and they landed on her sore toe. He had not remember that one.

"Hmmmn. Come here, Caramel."

"Thankfully!" she yelped and jumped in joy as she moved to where he was. Her heart also leaped in absolute joy. Wow. Ryxel was going to tell her. That too so easily; without her putting any effort.

"Yeah", she appeared in front of him all beaming happiness as if she had won some ancient battle.

Whoever, he just stared at her with no sound coming out of his mouth. That alone made her anxious. Only a few minutes back when she came all smiles and paraded in front of him, she had forgotten who she was dealing with. A Mafia. So she shouldn't expect anything positive.
Her face turned weary.

"Fix your face, Caramel. That fucking sad look doesn't suit you."

Even after his words, the worry on her face didn't die out. Actually it was replaced with fear and more desire to listen to his answers when she asked.

"Go sit down. I will catch up with you in only a minute." Ryxel said signaling her to his living room.

She quietly sat in the black chairs. They were a comfortable set but not cosy enough to comfort her uneasy nerves.

She rested her head on a pile of cushions and dozed off. She was tired from all the early morning running. Barely had she slept when her leg with the wounded toe was lifted and placed on something masculinely tender. She immediately, rose up. Her leg was on Ryxel's lap. He cleaned and plastered her toe.

When he was done she pulled her leg away from him and sat with full length up in the sofa.

"Why did you bring me here, Ryxel? I really wanna go back to my place. I wanna go to work. I don't want my grumpy boss getting all bitchy on me. It's irritating. So irritating. The way he all gets red when he's angry. Jeez! I don't know." She said all this throwing her hands here and there in demonstration. Meanwhile, the Mafia just looked on; finding pleasure in all her efforts to express how irritating her boss is. Her talkative nature just made his heart smile. It was a noise his void soul yearned to hear over and over again. The movement of her hands and her dangling bracelet was too swift that his eyes only occasionally took it in. And her eager brown eyes stared into space trying to comprehend life but they just couldn't. They were filled with a lost sense. Her spirit was lost in something. A thing only he could clear.

Confusion.

Nevertheless, she mindlessly continued ranting.

When Ryxel felt like had heard enough, he stood from where he sat just opposite her and walked to her. He sat just next to her and lowering to her level, his lips softly but quickly touched hers.

"Keep quiet, Caramel." He gently kissed on her lips.

She went numb and her eyes widened in shock. Her lips too went dry. She licked them.

Ryxel let out a sound of something like 'hmm'. The way she reacted to him always left him speechless. All he could say was hmm. But he loved it. Every bit of it. The way she first acted fierce and then when he kissed her, she was at loss of words. It was interesting how the lawyer lost her speech by his touch.

"Er...ummmm...water........yeah...water..let me go get some water...i----i am thi--rsty." She stuttered and limped to the kitchen.

Ryxel followed in order to return the aid kit. Karmale emptied three glasses of water and she was now fine again. She could speak properly.

"Ryxel, can I have answers." She said her voice somewhat demanding.

"To what?"

"What?"

"Yeah, to what, Karmale?"

"Don't act oblivious, Ryxel. You very well know what I want to know about. Just be- Jeez! Just tell me why the hell am here." She said already irritated.

"If I don't."

"I will leave."

"Go ahead. Fucking get out if you want to Karmale. The door is open. No fucking keys needed. It's not locked. Get out!" He roared.

His sudden anger shocked and scared her. What was annoying him now?

"Ry-yy-"

"No, Karmale. Just fucking go! But don't think even for the shittiest of a minute that I am going to let you fucking step foot out of here."

Karmale studied Ryxel's face but this time she did not see anger she saw the same fear she had seen while they were at the street.

"What's wrong, Ryxel?" She asked with a ring of concern in her voice.

Ryxel turned away from her and faced the counter side. He was hiding something. Karmale lifted herself and sat up on the kitchen counter.

"Please, Ryxel. Just give me a solid reason. Then I won't leave. " She said brushing her hand against his cheek.

He still looked down.

Then by mistake her thumb caressed his jawline. She felt a slight line. Her finger immediately backed away and with keen interest she studied his fallen face. She had brushed on his Mafia memories. It was a small scar that matched his complexion so it was hard for anyone to see it. But she had seen it and now she wanted to ask. She wanted to know more about it. Not just the scar but him. She wanted to know who Ryxel Grande Black was. But he knew he wouldn't just open up. So she had to think of something. Something to make him talk without worry. For him to trust her and tell her.

The same way she desired his trust was the same way he desired hers. He wanted her to trust him to protect her.

"Ryxel, please give me an answer. What's wrong?" She re-asked her hand still stroking his well cut jawline.

Abruptly, he grabbed her hand and removed it from his cheek. Gently, he placed it on her thigh. And walked away. But before he could go too far, Karmale grabbed his hand.

"Ryxel. I am begging you. Please tell me."

"You want to know, right? You fucking want to know, Karmale?"

"Yes." She desperately nodded.

"Fine" he granted.

"I want to protect you, Caramel." He said; his voice a bit desperate and his hands found their way up her face.

She had never seen him like this. Desperate. That too just to protect her. Why even? She is an adult. She can handle her own security.

"Why, Ryxel? I-I can take care of myself. I am not a kid." She coolly said her hands involuntary traveling to his face.

So they were in his kitchen there hands all over each other's face. Just like a couple that is trying to sort out their short comings. They were something. Something that only they could define. Ignore the way they behave with each other which is usually unkind and always for only one person's benefit. No leave that out. They had an understanding for each other. So trust shouldn't be an issue. It should come automatically.

"You don't understand, Caramel. Some fucked up bastards are after your life."

"Oh."

"Yes. And that's only because of me. Fuck! It's because of me."

"But how come? And how is my life connected to you?"

"Madam Lawyer, when you cross paths with a Mafia then your life is connected to them forever." He said and chuckled at how childishly ignorant she was but still in a cute way.

"I knew it, Ryxel. That's why I had refused to take Liam's case."

"But you did."

"Yes, I did. So?!"

"It's fucking unchangeable. You are stuck with me. Just allow me protect you, Caramel."

Karmale kept quiet and diverted her eyes from his scorching ones that were burning through her.

"Caramel, please trust me and let me protect you. Stop running. It's of no use. I will keep coming after you. And i always get just what it is I want. Stop running. You are not safe to roam around like a free bird. I need to keep you in sight. Let me protect you. Stop with the disobedience."

"And you stop with the commanding, Ryxel." She said in a higher pitch than her usual tone.

"Baby, am the Mafia Leader. If I don't give the commands then who will?"

"And if you don't follow then how will I run this place? And my gang group?"

"Am not your gang group, Ryxel?"

" I know, Caramel."

"Then what am I---?" She asked and hesitantly added, "to you, Ryxel?"

When she asked, he seemed to deafen for a minute or two. Their eyes interlocked and then fell from each other.

He didn't know. And neither did she.

"Can we be friends,Ryxel?" She asked.

Her question was just so surprising. Ryxel could not believe such a thing would ever cross her mind. The most unbelievable part was that she had boldly proposed it. How could she frankly propose friendship to him? So her ego was silent. She was speaking like a friendly person. She was waiting for him to respond.

"Only if you will let me protect you. It's a trade."

She looked deep into his eyes and said, "deal."

"Trade it is. I am not going to run again. I will stay here with you."

"Not so fast."

"What now?"

"I call the shots."

"No, Ryxel. That's not how friendship works. We are supposed to be free with each other. No commands. Just suggestions and negotiations. We talk and listen to each other. That's what I call friendship. We look out for each other. No betrayal. Most importantly, we tell each other every thing. No secrets. We share joy and pain."

"Seems like you are making rules, already."

"No, am not. It's an open discussion. Speak your mind out. Besides, I am only defining friendship for you. A Mafia Leader like you may be knowledgeable about guns but not acquaintance. You know nothing Ryxel. And I am only keeping my friendship duties and informing you." She said all cheerful. Her enthusiasm was enough to light up her new friend's mood.

Meanwhile, these friends were still holding onto each other like before.

"I don't know, Caramel about friendship but I am ready to learn. If that's the only way I get to protect you. I'm ready for it. If it's the only way I can save you for running across and along the streets that are a lingering death jaw, then I will do it. I will be your friend. At least that way I will atone for failing to save mum and dad." The words came out of his mouth with mixed emotions. His face kept flactuating. It was camouflaging from happy to sad, pleased-unsure, overjoyed-sad. And finally sure and contented. She silently observed and she felt his tension build up in her own body. She was dying to know what it was that the beast found disturbing about harmless streets.

"I will protect you. And am sure that's also a friend's duty, right?" He asked her using her own words with a smile tagging along. A contented smile.

"Right." She smiled back. Both happy and worried. Happy that they were now friends and she could learn to trust him and him trust her. Worried about him and the story he had to tell. His story that she was sure he would tell her. Tell her when they became closer as friends. That had been her trick to lure him into opening up. Mafias were good secret keepers. Most so their personal life. It was always something they hid. They would never share it with anyone. Karmale was desperate to know Ryxel Grande Black in and out. She also didn't know why she had picked interest in everything about him but she had and could no longer ignore anything that concerned him. So she had to devise means to get him to talk to her. Without force but on his own will. That would only be possible through friendship at least that's what her perspective presented to her. And she accepted it and used it.

She was determined to make their new relationship work just like he was determined to protect her.

He leaned forward and gently kissed her forehead. It was a kiss that screamed assurance and protection.

"I will even give my life to protect you, Karmale Hale Kane, my Caramel." He thought as his lips stayed fixed on her forehead baby hair. He further moved his nostrils into her hair taking in her vanilla scent. "I promise to protect my friend."

"Ryxel." She called and he removed his lips from her head.

Resuming his position, he replied,"Yes, Caramel."

"Not, Caramel. Call me any other one of my names not that."

"That's not a friendship rule. I am not obeying it. So what were you saying?" He sternly objected.

"It's just that all my other friends call me Karma and----"

"Am not them, Caramel." He said cutting her off.

" And by the way, am not just your friend. I hold other offices in your life. I am your---"

"I get it. Special friend." She said rolling her eyes.

"Do that again and see what happens!" He threatened.

"What will you do?" She said and pushed him creating enough room for her to jump off the counter.

"Just do it one more time, Caramel."

She did it again. She rolled her eyes at him and jumped off the counter.

"Damn, you dare!"

"Yes, I dare. And you will have to first catch me to do anything to me." She said and they ran around the kitchen.

Even when he could catch her, he delayed his movements. He wanted to let her play. The jovial laughter that she gave off when she was enjoying something was all he wanted to hear. And the way her hair was all over the place was heart embracing and coath. He loved it.

"Gotcha." He said grabbing her by the arm.

"So, what was that again?"

"Nothing." She said and tried to blow her hair from her face.

"Why the trouble?" He asked and pushed for her the strands of hair that were falling in her face. Behind her ears is where he placed them.

"Thank you." She said her face a bit scarlet red.

"It's my pleasure."

Wow, if he can use courtesy quotes then this friendship is going to work just fine.

"Wow!" She was mesmerized by that decent act.

"What?" He asked all confused.

"That was so decent of you, Caramel's special friend."

He just smiled and she extended her hand.

"Hi, I am Karmale Hale Kane. Nice to meet you." She introduced herself like it was the first time they were meeting.

"Ryxel Grande Black. Same here. It's immense pleasure that I am meeting you. Not for the first time but all the same. Whenever I meet you, it's an honour. And now that you are here to stay. It's a real disaster."

"What!"

"Yeah, that."

"Ryxel that was rude. You didn't even return my handshake."

"Here is your handshake." He said and returned the humble gesture.

"And take back your last statement. I am not a disaster carrier, Ryxel."

"No, I won't." He said an playfully tapped her nose.

"Don't do that again, Ryxel!"

"If you don't want me to do it again,stop getting grumpy and muffying about decency and courtesy. The room is that way go freshen up."

"Whatever."

"Yeah, go."

"That's your room by the way."

"So?"

"Friends don't share rooms."

"Whatever, at the left corner is the guest room, use that."

Karmale went to take a bath and left her mate in thoughts.

"Friends?! Friends?!" He rethought the bond and honestly, he didn't like it very well. To him, it was full of restrictions. No one restricted him. He is the one who had that power. The authority to restrict and not the vice versa.

Karmale walked along the corridor and spoke to herself. " Friends we are, Ryxel. Now let me see how you touch me. Let's also see about your ruthless commands. And secrets, no. You will have to share with me everything, that way I can be sure of your intentions and everything around me. I don't trust you as yet but I am ready to risk. After all I am stuck with you. And yes, I badly want to know all about you like you know all about me. I want your personal details. I guess this is the only way I can get them out of you. I need to know who I am staying with. Am sorry if it may seem improper but what can I do. I am not sure you can be trusted. A person who toys with gun and craves blood can gun down someone who he claims to be keeping in his custody. I can't take any chances with you, Ryxel Grande Black. Not even the ones of a sexual relationship. No way. I don't want to be someone's sex toy. So, friends. Friends we are, Ryxel. "

+++++++++++++++++++++

#MADAMLAWYER

It's boundless pleasure that some beautiful souls read and regard my work of worth. Thank you all. Have a great day/night.

All constructive criticism is welcome.

Andria 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

600K 14.5K 35
His finger trailed up my thigh ever so gently causing my pussy complete torture. He knew what he was doing. He knew this was driving me completely cr...
575K 12.6K 53
I gasped when he turned us, pressing us against the hard wall and wrapped my leg around his waist. His body began grinding against mine, our tongues...
65.4K 1K 55
"Sweetheart, roll your eyes at me again and I'll fuck you so hard your eyes will go so far back, they won't come back." I rolled my eyes again. "As...
191K 7.6K 51
Sofia Rose Hendricks is the daughter of the infamous mafia don Oscar Hendricks. Her life has been in danger since the day she was born, but she is st...