Love is Strange

By NINJATIGERXD

Meet John Baxter. A shy, awkward 16 year old. He has known his best friend Adam Berrey since kindergarten... More

Love is strange
Life is Strange
Expect the unexpected
Love is difficult
A lovely encounter
Love is weird
The tide turns
The end

The start of something new

47 2 0
By NINJATIGERXD

2 Years later

"Don't forget to turn in your assignment."  Mr.s Hopkins said.  I had already turned in mine so it didn't apply to me.  

I was so excited.  Today is my 18th birthday.  My mom reserved a party for me at a huge fancy restuarant.  It was going to be epic.  Adam and a few of  of my other friends I made over the years were going to be there.  Apart from all that there was one person who was taking up all the space in my mind, Emma.  I couldn't get her off of my mind after she left 2 years ago.  My emotions towards her were to strong to forget her.  I tried with other girls but it just didn't work out.  I don't understand why.

Anyways i'm not gonna think about that tonight because this is going to be the best night ever.  I couldn't let my emotions towards Emma spoil the most important day of my life.  I'm probably never gonna see her again anyways so what's the point of thinking out her?  As I said this thoughts of Emma's beautiful face and her gorgeous blues eyes played in my mind.  "Dammit!"  I mumble under my breath.

"Stop it!"  I continue.  Why couldn't I just forget about her.  She was long gone.  It's been 2 f**king years!  I've never seen her since then! Why couldn't I just forget?!  

"John." Adam pokes my shoulder bringing me back from my thoughts.

"Huh?" I ask as I turn around and close my locker.

"What's wrong?"  He askes with a worried tone.

"I can't stop thinking about Emma."  I answer in a low sad voice.

"If you love her this much to still have her in your mind after so long, you will meet her again."  He looked at me with a very serious face.

"You're right."  I tell him.  

"Now let's go party!"  He yells too loud. 

He looks back as everyone look at him with a weird face.  I chuckled at his faliure of using his inside voice.  Just then Jackelin arrived and threw her arm around Adam.  "Hey, sweetie."   She said to Adam.

"Hey, honey." Adam replies to her.

Adam and Jackelin are boyfriend and girlfriend now.  They decided to go in that direction last year after their 5th date.  

"You coming to the party, Jackelin?"  I ask her.

"Of course." She answered.

"Well, I gotta go pick up a few things from the store, you guys wanna come with?" I ask them both.

"Why not?"  They both said in unison.

"Aww."  They said as they rubbed their noeses together.

"Ok, then let's go."

We go out the front entrance of the school and head towards the grocery store.  It took a short 15 minute walk before we made it.  We walk in.  

"Ok, I need to get some paper plates, napkins, and party cups." I said.

We looked around until we found the supplies.  We walk to the checkout and pay.   We each grab a bag and head out.  It was getting dark already and it warm outside.

"Now, let's go party." I said. 

We start walking down the sidewalk towards the restaurant.

"This is gong to be so awesome!" Adam says.

"I can't wait!" Jackelin says.

"happy birthday." They both say to me.

"Thanks guys." I reply.

Just then I saw someone, someone very familiar.  I examine her for a second, her pretty blonde hair, her hot tight jeans.  She looks up and I see her face, then I realize who I am looking at.  I freeze in my tracks with my mouth wide open.

"Uh.. John." Adam waves his hand in my face.  "What's wrong."

"E.. E.... E..... M......" I start.

"Spit it out." Adam demands.

"E... E... EMMA!" I finally shout.

Adam looks towards who I am looking at and Jackelin joins in.  Jackelin gasps.

"Is it really her?!" She asks.

"Let's go find out." I answer.

We walk towards the girl until we are behind her.  I walk in front of her and say "Emma?"

"John?!" She replies.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her.

"I decided to come back." She says.

She looks behind her. "Jackelin!" She shouts as she runs to her and gives her a hug.

"Hey, Adam" She says 

"Emma?" I say again.

"Why?" I ask again failing to hide the hurt inside of me.  "I was worried to death."

She looks at me with guilt in her eyes.  "I'll talk to you about it soon." She says.

"Today is John's birthday." Jackelin says.

"Oh really?" Emma replies. "Happy birthday, John."

"Thanks." I reply.

"He having a huge party, we were just on our way there now.  Wanna come?" Jackelin ask her.

"I'd love to." She says smiling at me.  

All I could do was smile back and stare into those beautiful eyes of her.  I look at her and I immediatly forget what was going on.  

"Well let's go." Adam said after Emma and I stared at each other for a second.

"Oh, ya. Let's go." I say.

"Ya." Emma says letting out a shy laugh.

We begin walking to the retaurant.  It was silent the entire time.  I couldn't stop the excitement of seeing the one girl I couldn't stop thinking about again.

"This is it." I say when we make it to the restaurant.

"Wow." Jackelin gasps

"This is a hugr resturant.." Emma says.

My mom was here so she must have got off work early.  

"You're here!  Mom says as she hugs me.

"Oh and this must be that girl you've been talking about. Emma?"  She asks Emma.

"Yep that's me."  Emma answers.

"He talks alot about you." She said.  "He says your gorgeous."

"Really?" Emma looks at me.

"Guilty as charged." I say as I put my hands up.

"Let's get started." I say.

"Sounds good."  Mom says as she walks over to her table.

"Let's sit over here." I point to a 4 seated table.

Adam sits by Jackelin and I sit by Emma.  

"So how has everything been, Emma?"  jackelin asks.

"Good." She answers. 

"So, why did you move?" Jackelin continues.

Emma looks at Jackelin and opens her mouth to talk but closes it back.  She opens it again and closes it back.  This time opens it and tried to talk but nothing comes out.  

"I don't wanna talk about it right now."  She finally says.  "Let's just enjoy the party."

"Ok." Jackelin says.  "But you will tell me later though right?"

"Yes."

Just then my mom turns on some music.  I told her to play my favorite, Innocent discretion by MiTis.

Emma gasps. "This is my favorite song!"

"Really?" I ask.  "It's my favorite too."  

"That's awesome."  Emma says.

"Aww. You guys are perfect for each other." Jackelin says.

Emma looks down and blushes.  I do the same.

"This is awesome!" Josh shouts.

Oh ya I forgot about Josh.  2 years ago Josh and Calum got in a fight.  Josh decided he didn't like Calum anymore and they became enemies.  Ever since then Josh has been one of my best friends.  Along with Adam of course.  After that Calum didn't seem to bother me anymore.  I don't what happended but he never messed with me since then.

"Emma want a drink?" I ask her as I look up ignoring Josh.

"Sure."  She answers.

"You like wine?" 

"Yes."

I walk over to the bar and get her a drink.

"Here you go." I say as I sit down and hand her the wine.

"Thank you." She says.

She takes a sip.

"Wow." She says.  "This is awesome."

"Don't drink too much." I tell her.

Just then my mom plays a slow song.

"Jackelin, wanna dance?" Adam asks her.

"Yes, sweetie." She answers.

Jackelin follows Adam to the dance floor.  That leaves me and Emma alone.  She smiles at me.  She never fails to hipnotize me with her beautiful smile.

"So, will you tell me now?" I ask her.

"Huh?" She replies.

"Why you moved." I answer.

"Oh, yes." She begins. "I was confused and scared.  I needed a break after Calum smashing my heart with a sledge hammer.  I didn't know what too say to you.  I was scared you wouldn't understand.  I was afraid of getting my heart broken again,"

I sit there and absorb everything she says.  I look into her face and saw sadness and fear.

"Emma." I take her hand. "I would have understood. I would have left you alone. I would never break your heart. EVER." I let her hand go and lean back in my chair.  "Because.... I..... I love you, Emma."

The next few moments were silent.

I finally look up and say "I couldn't get you off my mind when you left.  I was a mess.  You confused me."

She looks at me with a blank face.  She looked like she was trapped in her thoughts for a second.  Then, the one thing I thought would only ever happen in my dreams happened right before my very eyes.  Emma leaned over the table and kissed my lips.

Her lips were so smooth on mine. Her breath smelled so minty.  I was in bliss.  A few seconds later she stopped and sat back down. "I love you too, John."

I was in shock.  Did she actually just say that?  There was a few seconds of awkard silence before she said "That's why I was scared.  I really liked you and I was afraid of losing you."

I look into her beautiful blue eyes "Don't worry, Emma. You will never lose me. That's a promise."

I lean over the table and kiss her smooth lips, this time longer.  I stroke her soft, blonde hair.  She lets out a little moan. "That was so sexy!" I thought to my self.

Just then Adam and Jackelin returned to the table. "Awww!" Jackelin says.

I immediatly pull away and sit down in my chair.

"That's so cute." Jackelin continues.

Emma cheeks were so red, she looked like someone poured a can of tomato sauce on her face.

Adam and Jackelin sit down. Adam winks at me.  "What are you two doing over here?" He asked.

"Just talking." I answered.

"Ya, well it looked a little more than just talking." Jackelin said.

I chuckeled and my cheeks mimiced Emmas as hers were still red.

"I'm gonna get a drink, Emma do you want some more wine?" I asked her.

"I'd love that!" She answered.

I walked over to the bar and poured two glasses of wine.  I handed Emma her glass as I sat down.

"Thank you, sweetie." Emma said to me.  

That was the first time she ever called me that. 

"Your welcome, babe" I replied.

"Aww!" Jackelin continued.

"It's cute when you make tht sound." Adam told her.

Adam kissed Jackelin and they started making out.  I took a sip of my wine, then set it down.  I swallowed, then took a breath.  Then I leaned over and kissed Emmas smooth lips once more then we started making out.  The feel of her lips on mine made my skin crawl in a good way.

I never felt like this with anyone else before.  After what seemed like an hour I pull away from her and sit down.  Adam and Jacklin finished before Me and Emma and watched us.

We all avoided each other's eyes. "That was awkard." Adam said.

"I agree." I replied.

We sat and talked for a while.  Then my mom played another slow song.

"Emma." I called her.

"Yes?" She replied.

"Wanna dance with me?"

"Yes!" She answered.

I take her hand and lead her to the dance floor.  We stopped when we reach the floor. She wraps her hand around my shoulder and I place my hand on her waist.  We stared into each other's eyes as we daanced to the song.  It was silent, but a good silence.  I couldn't stop the smile on my lips and it seemed the same way for her.  Then another song plays, Raising by Ahrix.

"Watch my awesome moves." I say as I let Emmas hand go and randomly dance to the beat.

Emma laughed so hard she fell over.  I took her hand and helped her up.  Our eyes met again and I coudn't stop my lips from curling into a smile.  We danced the rest of the night together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 206K 90
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
22.7M 798K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
1.9M 114K 42
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...