The start of something new

2 Years later

"Don't forget to turn in your assignment."  Mr.s Hopkins said.  I had already turned in mine so it didn't apply to me.  

I was so excited.  Today is my 18th birthday.  My mom reserved a party for me at a huge fancy restuarant.  It was going to be epic.  Adam and a few of  of my other friends I made over the years were going to be there.  Apart from all that there was one person who was taking up all the space in my mind, Emma.  I couldn't get her off of my mind after she left 2 years ago.  My emotions towards her were to strong to forget her.  I tried with other girls but it just didn't work out.  I don't understand why.

Anyways i'm not gonna think about that tonight because this is going to be the best night ever.  I couldn't let my emotions towards Emma spoil the most important day of my life.  I'm probably never gonna see her again anyways so what's the point of thinking out her?  As I said this thoughts of Emma's beautiful face and her gorgeous blues eyes played in my mind.  "Dammit!"  I mumble under my breath.

"Stop it!"  I continue.  Why couldn't I just forget about her.  She was long gone.  It's been 2 f**king years!  I've never seen her since then! Why couldn't I just forget?!  

"John." Adam pokes my shoulder bringing me back from my thoughts.

"Huh?" I ask as I turn around and close my locker.

"What's wrong?"  He askes with a worried tone.

"I can't stop thinking about Emma."  I answer in a low sad voice.

"If you love her this much to still have her in your mind after so long, you will meet her again."  He looked at me with a very serious face.

"You're right."  I tell him.  

"Now let's go party!"  He yells too loud. 

He looks back as everyone look at him with a weird face.  I chuckled at his faliure of using his inside voice.  Just then Jackelin arrived and threw her arm around Adam.  "Hey, sweetie."   She said to Adam.

"Hey, honey." Adam replies to her.

Adam and Jackelin are boyfriend and girlfriend now.  They decided to go in that direction last year after their 5th date.  

"You coming to the party, Jackelin?"  I ask her.

"Of course." She answered.

"Well, I gotta go pick up a few things from the store, you guys wanna come with?" I ask them both.

"Why not?"  They both said in unison.

"Aww."  They said as they rubbed their noeses together.

"Ok, then let's go."

We go out the front entrance of the school and head towards the grocery store.  It took a short 15 minute walk before we made it.  We walk in.  

"Ok, I need to get some paper plates, napkins, and party cups." I said.

We looked around until we found the supplies.  We walk to the checkout and pay.   We each grab a bag and head out.  It was getting dark already and it warm outside.

"Now, let's go party." I said. 

We start walking down the sidewalk towards the restaurant.

"This is gong to be so awesome!" Adam says.

"I can't wait!" Jackelin says.

"happy birthday." They both say to me.

"Thanks guys." I reply.