True love's curse [Werewolf]

By the_pencil_writer

[Editing: Slow updates.] "A Curse is a Curse even if it's meant for protection" Sara thinks she's a normal h... More

Prologue
Chapter-1 New Beginnings
Chapter-2 Li
Chapter-3 Talk
Chapter-4 Friends?
Chapter-5 Drifting apart
Chapter - 6 Dejavu
Chapter-7 One step closer
Chapter-8 Past
Chapter-9 Date
Chapter-10 Fear
Chapter-11 Run away
Chapter-12 Lies and Lies
Chapter-13 Spell
Chapter-14 Misunderstandings
Chapter-16 Closer
Chapter-17 Forgiveness
Chapter-18 Reality
Chapter-19 The truth
Chapter-20 Us
Chapter- 21 40 days
Chapter-22 Nightmare
Chapter-23 Forbidden Memories
Chapter-24 Confusion
Chapter-25 Dislike
Chapter-26 Luna
Chapter-27 True Love's Curse
Chapter-28 Riddles
Chapter-29 Family
Chapter-30 Trouble in paradise
Chapter-31 The Vampire King
Chapter-32 Frustration
Chapter-33 Wolf ride

Chapter- 15 Broken truths

110 29 5
By the_pencil_writer

"Cherish those who seek the truth but beware of those who find it."
Voltaire

₰ Sara₰

"Moon," he looked at me with panic. I hope, at least now he will give me the truth I deserve.

"You guys talk it out and trust me, Willey, there's more to this story than the shit you've assumed." With that Noah left upstairs leaving me and Li alone.

I patiently waited for him to tell me the truth but all he did was think of another lie to keep me away from the truth.

"This Alpha thing, don't think too much about it. Some," he ran his fingers through his hair, "Some business term," he stuttered not looking at my eyes.

At least he is not lying straight on my face. Anger bubbled through me at his words. Why is he keep lying to me?

That's how least he trusts me?

"Until when are you planning to keep me in the dark?" Li froze at my words.

Not having the energy for another lie, I went and sat on the sofa, giving him all the time to finally tell me the truth.

"Moon," Li came and sat near me, his voice all soft. "What do you mean," he looked at me with worry.

He is still trying to keep me away from the truth.

It's fine, calm down Sara, he'll tell you.

"You being a werewolf and everything," I whimpered at the loss of words. I don't even know enough about them to even form a single sentence. "Why Li?" this time my tears fell freely through me.

It hurts when the only person who you considered your best friend and the closest thing to a brother lies to you and keeps on lying to you.

"Moon," he let out a nervous breath, "I am sorry about whatever I said earlier, I don't mean those words," he clenched his eyes at regret.

But his words hurt, it made me feel so cheap. And I hate myself for letting his words affect me.

"And why didn't you call me Moon?" he started again, I know what he is trying to do. He is changing the topic so I would forget about my previous question. Pain bubbled through me at his terrible attempts to keep me away from the truth.

"Call? Are you kidding me?" this time I was the one who snapped at him. "You don't even know how desperate I was when I called you. I was so scared that you were the only person that came to my mind." I clenched my fists at those memories.

Never in my life, I imagine I would be in such a position.

"But I didn't get any calls," he shook his head.

"Are you kidding me?" I stood up unable to control my outburst. "I left you voice calls, pleading and begging you to pick my calls. Never in my life, I've been so scared. But what do you do? You let a female pick your phone and shut me out like I don't even matter."

He opened his mouth to speak but closed it when he couldn't find any response.

"I pleaded with her to give the call to you. But she cut my call not even bothering to listen to my pleas. While I was begging her, she cut the call breaking all the little hope I had."

"Moon," he started but I cut him off.

"The worst thing is except me, everyone knows about my identity, everyone knows what's happening around me and why those people were trying to kidnap me," I chuckled as memories of the last two days rushed through my mind.

"And don't even get me started with your recent behavior Li," l gave him a pointed look, this time he was genuinely confused. "I saw you in the mall with a woman," it came out more like a complaint than the tone I intend. "You canceled our plans for a stranger."

I didn't want to bring this up now but before I could comprehend what I spoke, those words were out.

This time he let out a series of huffs followed by a head shake. "All this was about her isn't it?" he clenched his fists, looking at me as if I am the one making things up.

"Stop assuming," I groaned. Before I could speak and explain to him, he cut me off.

"No, you are right. I get it, Moon, I get it," his tone was mono and angry.

"Li, again you are assuming Li," I started, trying to stop him before he let out something he'll regret in the future. But again, he cut me off.

This is not the Li I know. My Li never cuts a person to speak.

What's happening to you Li?

"No, you are right," he raised his voice. "You hate that I canceled our plans, you hate that I went out with someone else when we were supposed to go," he kept his hands in the air in a questioning way, "but never in my life I imagined that you would throw such a web of lies and create so much drama for one simple thing," he shook his head as if he was disappointed in me.

"Grow up Moon, I have a life, I cannot babysit you throughout your whole life. You cannot expect me to cancel all my plans to hang out with you. I am serious grow up Moon."

I don't want to admit it, God, I hate it to admit it. But it's clear from his words how Li sees me. I was just a burden to him, just an obligation.

It took him a minute to realize what he's done. But it's too late, the damage has already been done.

"Shit Moon, I didn't mean it that way," he stood up to come near me. But his presence itself is more suffocating than I imagined it to be. I don't want to be suffocated more.

I shook my head moving back from him, creating a distance. He stopped realizing how repulsive I am towards him.

"You are right Li, It was wrong of me," I started sniffing, trying hard not to show how hurt I was because of his words.

He spoke a lot and it is my time to speak.

"You are right. It was wrong of me to expect that my best friend will never cancel our monthly ritual. It was wrong of me to think you'll be there for me when hard times come. It was wrong of me to assume you considered me as a best friend just like how I considered you. It was wrong of me to believe you blindly when all these times you've been lying about your whole identity and yes, it was me who's at fault.

"And you know why? Because I was the one who lied to you about me being a werewolf, I was the one who hid my whole identity, I was the one who was kept in dark about a memory spell that was put on me without even my consent," I chuckled letting out the tears fall.

I hate this, I hate how tears fall messing up the whole thing when I am angry in the first place. Tears make me feel so weak.

"And oh yeah," I continued. "I was the one who's now making up things to grab your attention, I was the one who hired up people to kidnap me. I asked them to call me the golden wolf, I asked them to slit my hand to withdraw blood, I asked them to chase me even after I escape, I asked them to haunt me from saying things I don't even have a freaking clue about.

"And yes, I never called you from the PCO, desperate and begging for your help since you are the only person who came to my mind. And yes, Noah didn't find me in the streets all bleeding and running away from those unknown monsters and most definitely I made up the fainting drama and I created the concept of memory-erasing spell or whatever."

By the time I finished, I was full panting but no, I wanted to tell more.

"And yes, I have amazing creativity, don't I?" I chuckled.

"And yes, no one picked up your phone and cut me off. And yes, when you call your secretary for call records, you won't find mine since I am a liar and I made up things."

Due to safety purposes, nothing will get stored in his call logs after twenty-four hours. Everything will be saved in his office computer which is handled by his secretary.

"Moon, I-I," he started but I cut him off again.

"I don't want to talk to you Li, go away. You clearly told me what I am to you and where I stand. The message has been received crystal clear and understood. There's no need for any further explanation," I gave him a huge smile and left upstairs not wanting to do anything with him.

It hurts, it hurts way too much than I expected it to be. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 10.6K 60
(Highest #41 on 8/5/2020) A/N This book is a stand-alone even though the first few chapters might seem confusing! It's one of those, starts in the mi...
331K 13.5K 87
In the Supernatural world lies the Werewolf world. And in the Werewolf world lie packs. Natalia was the omega of her pack with the blood of an alpha...
44.4K 2.4K 67
Book two of the Alpha Series. It's a sequel to The Royal Alpha and not exactly a stand-alone book. ~~~~ Catrina St. Clair has only now managed to bui...
14.1K 581 26
-- COMPLETED -- *** "You're the first ever future human Luna, love. I don't know whether my pack will accept you." *** Radiance Collins was not a...