𝘾𝙧𝙞𝙥𝙥𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝘿𝙚𝙨𝙞𝙧...

By Mixvella

(Y/n) and her family finally moved to the the house her parents had always wished for. Ever since moving to t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Character Introduction
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37

Chapter 36

2.8K 101 10
By Mixvella

Castriel's POV

Cross. That was it. The cross.

"Everyone! Veronica! Simon! Leo!" I called, plunging my sword through another vampire's eye as he staggered backward. They all looked at me, "The cross! Get the other people and turn the cross!" I said in demand, trying my best to look braver, more strong.

"You're a disappointment, Castriel Owens! You don't even deserve our family name! You're a letdown!"

Those words echoed in my ear, the words that I wish to shove in his mouth. In one swift movement, I took the poisoned stake out of my bag and stabbed the vampire in the heart, blood-splattered to my cheek as I pushed him out of my sight.

I ran towards Mark, one of the leaders from the other camps, with a slice to the head with my silver sword, the female vampire limped to the floor. "Close call." I chuckled, we both exchanged a quiet laugh as he struck the red-haired vampire a stake to the heart.

Mark was one of the figures I always looked forward seeing to, he was a good man, unlike my father who treated me like garbage. He was a tall, tanned man in his 50s and was already showing signs of gray hair from his jet black hair, but his muscular build wasn't something I should worry about.

He was once in the military and spent most of his time in war and bloodshed, so knowing that he would be accompanying us in battle gave me some relief.

"What are you gon' do with the cross, Cast?" He asked with a raised brow, dodging the monster that lunged forward. I stepped back and severed his head, he grasps on my feet but eventually let's go. "I read from Miranda's book that crosses can weaken these vamps, if we just do that then we might have a chance!" I replied in a huff after two vamps tried to apprehend me.

"Worth a shot, boy!" he said in salute, running towards the cross with the others. I looked around the cathedral, scanning for any threat. I saw Claudia fighting with a man, with his fibrous physique, no doubt will Claudia lose.

I didn't even notice that I was going towards them when I stopped, four eyes laid on me as I bit down my lip. There was no backing out now. "For Christ's sake man, leave the lady alone." I rolled my eyes, dodging his fist that almost struck me in the face.

"Is this what you're teaming up with, Claudia? A limp?" he laughed, taking satisfaction in his insult, "Ouch." I replied, swinging my silver sword to budge his eye. He clutched it with his strong hand as I heard a hiss of pain coming from him.

I plunged even futher, blood drawing from his sliced palm with smoke coming beneath it. He let go and stepped back, making me run to the wall and huff. I turned around just in time before he could strike me down with his sharp claws. I bent down and rolled to my left, Claudia did a swift motion with her sharp claw, tearing from his back with a groan.

I got up and plunged the stake right at his chest, making him go down to his knees, cursing me one last time. We gazed up at each other, a faint blush coming across Claudia's cheek. "I...I didn't need your help, Castriel." she glared with her arms crossed, "You know there's a word thank you, right?" I shrugged both of my shoulders.

"Thanks..." she whispered, but I heard her loud and clear. A smile came across my face as I turned my back from her, "Don't die!" I waved a hand and went to my comrade's help.

My heart skipped a beat from our encounter, and I could feel myself heating up. 'Bad timing.' I thought to myself, shaking those thoughts away for later.

I felt a claw strike my back as I fell on the floor, accidentally letting my guard down. I groaned in pain, cursing under my breath. I pushed my body around, dodging the blow of the brown-haired, female vampire.

"Lady Makaria would be pleased with your warrior blood!" she laughed, inhaling my scent from my neck as I push my head even farther back to the concrete floor. I slid my hand slowly down to my back, her feet suddenly stomped on my left hand. I let out a groan and closed my eyes that watered.

She raised her sharp claws, "You will die, human!" she yelled. I opened my eyes, the sight coming to a blur. If this is how I will die, I might as well be brave enough to face it. She swung her hand, ready to hit my face but was knocked away with a yelp.

I got up from my feet immediately, her jarring scream could be heard dwindling as the fire from the arrow cackled and spread from her body. I looked around me as my eyes lit in joy, "Caleb! You came!" I wrapped my arms around him, hugging my brother.

"I'm sorry, Cast. I shouldn't have left you to fight all alone." he sighed, "It's fine, you're here now." I pat his back and let go, we both exchanged our small smiles and eventually turned to each other's back.

I ran towards the altar, dodging every blow the vampires gave with Caleb helping behind me. I turned around, meeting the ferocious gaze of the red-haired lady with her taunting smirk.

"You dare come to my palace unannounced and make enemy with my people?" she scoffed, her crimson, red eyes gleaming with a blinding light of emerald green. She raised her long, clawed hands, and with a green, glowing gleam from her palms, we heard a scream of terror.

"Then let me make your crusade useless!" she laughed as she gripped on (y/n)'s throat, holding her up from the floor. I looked around and saw my comrades up in the cross with a peek as they nod in response to my stare, they're ready.

I turned to Makaria with furrowed brows, I stepped back with clenched fists. I was nervous, their shrewd eyes on me. "You wouldn't like that," I replied in a loud tone. "And what if I do?" she tightened her grip, making (y/n) choke out her pleas.

"Then you'll regret your choice!" I turned away from her, "Turn the cross!" I yelled in order as they all got out of the shades of the shadows and turned the heavy cross, hearing the squeaking of the wooden cross from the wall.

I felt a hand grip on my shoulder tightly, I turned around with Caleb's silver sword raised. "No, Castriel! You can't do this! This isn't part of our plan!" Caludia said in a panic, pulling me forward. I shrug her hand off and turned to Caleb, "Take her somewhere else, Caleb. Spare her." I said, ignoring her complaints.

Caleb sighed and roughly pulled her away, "It's useless! This is suicide for me!" was her last words before she left, everyone stared with grieving eyes as Makaria stepped back. "No!" she yelled in a tremble, sensing her fear throughout this spacious cathedral.

"What are you imbeciles doing? Stop them!" she pointed, they all came forward with gleaming eyes. I turned around and signaled them to go forward. "Fire!" I ordered with a hand, lit arrows came forward from behind us and plunged their foreheads and chest.

I stepped back with a stake to my left and a silver sword to my right. I swung the stake to one of the vamps that struck me with a swift slice on the cheek, he totters back and moaned a cry.

"You can't do this! No, you can't!" I heard Claudia's scream, pushing back everyone else in great strength towards me. Her purple eyes gleamed, blinding me with the bright shine. "Stop them, Castriel! Stop them!" she said with pleading eyes, "What are you doing here? Get back inside!" I yelled.

"Her blood is tied! Tied I say!" she clutched on the collar of my shirt, her kneecaps coming to a break. Light emitted from above as they all stopped and staggered backward. My eyes widen in alarm and grappled Claudia within my arms, "I'll protect you, I promise." I whispered, my voice suddenly soft.

"Castriel" she sobbed in a weak tone. I ignored the moaning pain and agony, looking down at her with her hands caressing my cheek, a blush came across from me as my heart palpitate. "I love you..." she said in a hush, with eyes watery and tears that came down like a waterfall.

"Wh...why are you telling me this now?" I darted my eyes, looking for an answer from her purple pupils. "Because you're my knight, and I'm nothing but a villain in your story, and villains don't just...fall for a hero, right?" Claudia frowned but she was still able to smile and chuckle from her own words, "A villain is always meant to die." she added.

I clutched on her more tightly, feeling a shock of despair with my eyes going to a blur from the tears. "No! I'm not letting that happen, kay'?" I assured, but I heard no response. Her body felt lighter until I eventually felt like I was hugging nothing.

The screams and fainting terror all muffled my ear, the sounds of cheering came to a blast but I seemed tainted from the sadness I felt. I lowered my arms and nothing but ashes was to be seen. "Claudia..." her name rolled out of my tongue in a weak, frail tone.

The tears came out like a waterfall as I crashed down on the floor. "Castriel?" he called my name, going down to his knees with a hand on my shoulder. "She's...she's gone, Caleb!" I said in disbelief, a frown plastered on his face with the following sigh.

He closed his eyes and hugged me tightly, my scream echoed throughout the room while the others gave a pitiful stare.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.6K 3.9K 41
"Do you...love me too?" ♡♡ Oh, how blind you were. You thought your fiance loved you, but he decided it would be a good idea to cheat on you with you...
42.2K 1.7K 31
(He's Like A Hyacinth) ʏᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇ ɪɴᴄᴜʙᴜs x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ Inspired by the incubus chapter of Devil's waltz.... ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ -Gore -Sexual content -Slow Burn ...
160K 3.9K 19
Y/n L/n is moving to new town with her best friend to start college. New school, new town and new people! Who wouldn't be exited and even a little an...
105K 3.3K 18
"𝘽𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙮." "𝙊𝙠𝙖𝙮." __________꧁✩꧂__________ 𝘼 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙖 𝘾𝙀𝙊 𝙗...