Please...

By that_1_theater_kid

Harry Potter is five years old now, though he does not look it. He looks more like a small four or three year... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One.
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty One

4.3K 193 40
By that_1_theater_kid

"Severus, you're more worried than Harry is!" Remus exclaimed. "It's only for the afternoon, he'll be okay!"

"What if he isn't? What if he needs me? What if he gets hurt!?"

"Severus-"

"Lucius was right, I've gone soft!" the other man groaned. "I'm such a pansy!"

"You are no such thing, Sev. You're just worried, and that's okay, but you need to calm down. Harry'll be perfectly okay. He loves Draco, and Narcissa will be watching them the entire time." Remus ran his fingers through Severus' hair. "And we can go out again."

"What if Narcissa lets them ride on brooms!?" Severus exclaimed in horror. 

"We'll let Narcissa know what Harry is and isn't allowed to do. She'll respect what you say, Sev. Neither of them are who they were back at Hogwarts, they respect people and their rules. Harry'll be fine, he'll have a great time!"

"He's never gone anywhere out of Hogwarts without at least one of us!"

"But he has been with other people while we aren't at Hogwarts. So it's sort of the reverse this time, right? Right."

"...He's never been away from here without us though..." Severus whispered. "Not since I... Not since I found him. I just want him to be safe."

"And he will be, I swear to it." Remus held Severus close. "I think you need to think about this. Actually think about this, rationally and calmly-"

"Daddy, Pappy, can I go yet!?" Harry ran into their room excitedly. "When, Pappy, when!?"

"Not for a little bit, cub. You should take a nap before you go, or else you'll be very tired at Draco's and won't be able to play," Remus explained. 

Harry gasped like it was the most terrifying thing in the world. "No!"

"Yes!"

"I'll nap!"

"Come on up here, cub. Want to sleep with Pappy and Daddy?" Harry climb up into the bed. Remus leaned down, so he could whisper in Harry's ear without being heard by Severus. "I think Daddy could use a big hug, Harry."

Harry climbed in to Severus' lap and frowned. "Daddy's sad?"

"No, honey-"

"Yes you is, you cryin'!" Harry exclaimed. "Why's Daddy crying!?"

"I'm okay, Hare. C'mon, let's go down for a nap, yeah? I'm tired, too."

"Nuh-uh!" Harry threw his arms around Severus' neck. "No sad!"

"Harry..." Severus mumbled. "I'm okay, I promise. Just... got a little scared, okay?" He slowly pulled his jumper off, leaving him in a tank top. "Let's take a nap. I'm tired."

"Ca' Lily come?"

"Sure, bambi."

"I'll grab her, I want something to drink, anyway," Remus said, standing. "I'll be right back."

Severus and Harry laid on the bed side by side, Harry looked intriguingly at Severus' tattoo. "Daddy?"

"Yes, bambi?"

"Why's there a snakey on your arm?"

"It's a tattoo I got when I was young and stupid. Please don't tell anyone I have it, okay? It's a secret." 

"Okay, Daddy."

"Time for naptime, Hare. Blanket or no?"

"Blankie!"

"Okay."

Remus walked back in with Lily. "Harry!"

"LILY!" He grabbed the teddy and hugged it against his chest. "Thanks, Pappy!"

"Sure thing, cub. Now really, naptime. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the two woke up, it was time for Harry to go. 

"Okay. Do you have Lily?" Severus asked. "Do you want to bring along any other stuffies? You my bring one more."

Harry ran to his room, then back to the sitting room holding his stuffed bat. "Daddy!"

"Okay. Are you ready to go?"

"Hug first?"

"Of course. C'mere, cub." Remus held out his arms, Harry ran into them. "Now, if anything goes wrong, or if you want to come home early, what do you do?"

"Tell Cissa, Pappy!"

"Good. What do you do ifyou can't find Cissa?"

"Draco?"

"And if you get lost?"

"Elfie!"

"Right. Go hug your Daddy, and then you and Cissa can get going."

"You tell Cissa if you want to come home, Harry, okay? I mean it," Severus mumbled, squeezing Harry in his arms. "I love you, Harry."

"I love you too, Daddy."

"Bye, Hare. Be good."

"I always good! Bye-Bye!"

With that, Harry and Narcissa walked into the Floo, and in a flash of flames, they were gone.

"Alright, time for a good afternoon," Remus said. "You, come with me." He grabbed Severus' hand and took him to their room. "Harry's going to be okay. You know that. He'll come home, happy as can be, and run into our arms so he can tell us all of the amazing things he did. And then we'll have dinner, and go to bed."

"I know."

"Good." Remus hesitated before continuing. "Want to talk about that nightmare you had?"

"Just... Father again. I don't want to talk about it that much."

"Okay. What are we reading today?"

"Lord of the Flies," Severus replied. "Who's reading, me or you?"

"I'll read this time." The Gryffindor laid back against the pillows. Severus took his usual spot, head on Remus' chest, and pulling his jumper off. Remus couldn't help but stare at the bare skin.

"Accidents, all of it," Severus muttered. "Don't-"

"I wasn't going to pry, just didn't... know any of that was there," he said. "Right, where were we? '"You couldn't have a beastie, a snake-thing, on a island this size," Ralph explained kindly...' "

Remus continued reading, Severus cuddled closer to him. He wasn't listening all that much, his focus was more on Harry and if he was safe or if he was happy or if...

His eyelids were getting heavier and heavier.

Remus closed the book when he heard soft snores come from the other man. He smiled. At least if he was asleep, he couldn't worry anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"DADDY!"

Severus was rudely half-woken by someone jumping on his stomach. He started grumbling under his breath.

"DADDY! Daddy, Daddy, Daaaadyyy!!" Harry squealed. "I'm back now!!"

"Harry!" His eyes opened and he smiled. "Hello, bambi."

"Hiya Daddy!!" The child grinned. "I hadded lotsa fun."

"That's great, bambi." He wrapped his arms around him. "We missed you."

"I missed you, too, Daddy. So dids Lily!!" Harry made the bear hug Severus (as best he could). "I love you, Daddy."

"I love you too, kiddo. Now, who's ready for dinner?"

"ME! Strawberry san'wich with a 'nana!"

"Is that what you want? You need some veggies to, little prince," Remus said. He sat next to them on the bed. "We have broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. CHoose two."

"Hmm... Brocc'li with carrots and the dippy sauce."

"I'll go make that, why don't you and Daddy go put a blanket on the floor in the sitting room? We can do something different and eat in there tonight?"

Harry gasped. "Please Daddy, please?! I won't get no food on the floor and I'll help clean, I promise, I promise!"

"Okay."

"And I'll be extra good tomorrow during the classes and I'll even help wash Lily and I won't wet the-"

"Harry, I said okay. We can have an indoor picnic."

"Yay!"

"Hey, wait a second, Harry," Severus said. "Honey, are you still wetting the bed?"

"No."

"Harry, we don't lie to Daddy."

Harry looked away and bit his lip. "Uh-uh."

"Are you sure?"

"Umm..."

"If you're still doing that I want you to tell us," Remus said softly. "We won't be mad, okay? We just want to help you."

"...'m sorry, Pappy... Daddy..." HArry mumbled. "I don' wanna... an' it cleans it up i'self."

"It cleans up on it's own?"

"Uh huh!"

"Harry, that's probably magic that you're doing," Remus said. "You're doing that."

"I am?"

"Uh-huh. You're about that age, so it makes sense," Severus continued. "That's impressive."

"So... I can-"

"No, you still have to come get us," the Gryffindor interupted. "But, we're  very proud of you. Now, about that picnic..."

Soon after, they were eating in the living room, Harry giggling while Remus read him a story. 

"See?" Remus whispered. "I told you there was nothing to worry about."

"I still do."

"I know."

"I want him safe."

"I know."

"Stop saying I know and say something rational."

"Like what?"

"I dunno."

Remus laughed and kissed Severus on the cheek. "There, how about that?"

"...Stupid... Gryffindor, with your stupid kisses."

"Fine, I won't do it."

"Hey, I never said that..." Severus frowned. "Do it again."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.3K 2.2K 86
After James and Lily Potter are tragically murdered, Remus Lupin and Sirius Black are left with the task of raising and caring for "The Boy Who Lived...
27.9K 362 22
Severus Snape had given up in love after his beloved lily died, that was until a certain Slytherin arrived more like a certain Malfoy. Remus Lupin w...
86.4K 2.9K 47
***Completed*** ***SS x OC fanfiction*** A smart healer starts a temporary job at Hogwarts and meets Severus Snape. They both have a liking of magic...
18.3K 477 34
"You don't know what you are getting yourself into." Y/N whispered against his lips. He was so close, but yet so far. "And my intentions tell me to...