Pious but Evil

By Vacuous25

"You will eat or I will feed you? " captain Kamzan started.Yerein just looked at him,she hated the man he was... More

Verdict 1:The Hypocrite
Verdict 2: The Destiny
Verdict 3:The Interrogation
Verdict 4:The weakness
Verdict 5: The Wonder
Verdict 6:The Sarcasm
Verdict 7:The Scarf
Verdict 8:The Secret
Verdict 9:The Confusion
Verdict 10: The Desire
Verdict 11:The Scars
Verdict 12: The Lion
Verdict 13: The Torture
Verdict 15:The Reason
Verdict 16:The Heart
Verdict 17:The Conflict
Verdict 18:The Assumption
Verdict 19: The Defeat
Verdict 20:The Impossible
Verdict 21:The Suspicion
Verdict 22: The Insanity
Verdict 23:The Storm
Verdict 24: The Glance
Verdict 25:The Unknown
Verdict 26 :The Search
Verdict 27:The Scheme
Verdict 28:The Women
Verdict 29:The Cage
Verdict 30: The Lie
Verdict 31:The Confession
Verdict 32:The Repentance
Verdict 33:The Mercy
Final Verdict : The Guilty Heart
Verdict of Love: The Death
Verdict of Love: The Proposal
Verdict of Love: The Father
Verdict of Love: The Mates

Verdict 14:The Doubts

446 22 0
By Vacuous25

The truth is from your Lord, so never be among the doubters.
-Holy Qur-an,Al-Baqara

(This translated verse is based from the holy Qur-an,for any enlightenment produced of this verse to your brain is a guidance from Allah but any misunderstanding about this verse is a trick from Satan and my error,and may Allah forgive me for any misrepresentations I caused on this verse)

💛💛💛
"Captain grandpa" Kamzan greeted the old man after he entered the office.He visited the old man due to some queries that cracking his mind.

"You are lost son" old grandpa answered his greeting with sarcasm

"Is captain grandpa mad at me?" The young captain noticed the old man's cold reply.

"I heard what happened to your special prisoner" the old man looked at the man in front of him,he was the epitome of close to perfection.And his mind the saying was right,if you were a man there was nothing you can do to change your looks,if you are ugly you are ugly,you couldn't put a wig or make-up however if you are handsome,it was something that didn't need argument

"What's that scrutinizing look for?" Kamzan asked in a humorous manner. He could sense that the old man was checking him out but not to admire him but to literally check his heart,yes his heart,he was trying to see if Kamzan possessed a heart for Jarannya. He was guessing that his captain grandpa's behaviour was  related to Yerein and Jarannya.

"I am just trying to confirm the reason if you are worthy of my daughter's tears"

"Oh come on,Jarannya is not a crying baby" Kamzan defended himself. His guess was right, his old captain's scrutinizing look was for his adopted daughter.

"She cried on that day you humiliated her" The old man answered in a bittersweet tone

"She wasn't supposed to be there captain grandpa" Kamzan reasoned out using his irritated voice. He was thinking if what was special about Jarannya that made the old captain became a father to the woman. Aside from torturing someone what were her special hidden qualities?

"That girl stays where you are" Their discussion continued because they were both good on philosophy. The old captain was trying to sell his unsold merchandise to the heartless buyer. He wanted Kamzan to notice his daughter.

"I am not there also"Kamzan carelessly replied

"Then why did you act like that?you didn't know the whole story?" The old man was angry,he was angry because Jarannya and Kamzan were both important to him.He didn't want to hate Kamzan he considered him as his son. If just the handsome captain could accept his beautiful soldier,they didn't need this argument,but his student seemed blind to see the word of love.

"They almost killed Yer,that woman" Kamzan's words almost slipped out.He was dying to call her by her first name.If he just met her in an ordinary circumstance,maybe he could freely decide on what to do with his heart.

"They were tasked to do that" Kamzan was shocked to hear those words. His captain was becoming the diplomat of Jarannya

"Seriously captain?" Kamzan raised his left eyebrow this time.He stood up although he was sitting comfortably before on the couch of the old man. He felt uncomfortable to hear the old captain's bland words.

"They just followed the order,in this profession we just follow the order" The old man lost his composure,he seemed shaking because of his frustrations.

"What order? The order to kill the innocent woman?" This time the devil captain asked in a serious tone but produced a smirk before he ended his sentence.

"She is a terrorist!" These were just words but for Kamzan it felt like a slap. And he didn't know why,why it irritated him to hear those words,why it made him high volume his voice when he answered the old captain.

"Everyone is innocent unless proven guilty" this time it was the old man who got shocked.He never expected it,he never expected that his bachelor would paddle on a different direction

"Son,we have evidence"

"The evidence is not enough to prove that she is guilty"

"You are being brainwashed, what did she tell you huh? That she is innocent? And you believed her?" He was angry to confirm that the prisoner already contaminated the great young captain's judgement. He couldn't believe that their joke with Max with a terrorist wife was slowly becoming real

"What about us old captain, how our judgement differs from them?"

"Our profession is far noble from them,we kill a soul to protect a soul"

"You are right but sometimes we wrongly kill the good one to protect the bad one"

"Son.."

"Her files told us that she has a son but she seemed not being touched by a man, the file told me that she is expert in guns but when I gave her the opportunity to hold it she was shaking,she could shot me if she wanted to but no bullets came out from the gun,and when his husband sent someone to help her escape, instead of going with him,she stabbed him"

"What?"

"They thought that we will not check those trivial details because we are adamant to believe the evidence"

"So you mean..?" The old captain couldn't even finish his words.If there was a mistake on the case, Jarannya would be held accountable,he feared for his adopted daughter

"That's my question too,I am going insane with this case captain grandpa"

"Oh son,I wish I can help"

"You can, I hope you can help me just in case I will need help in the future..I will go now"

Kamzan didn't wait for the old man to answer,he immediately exited the office.

____________

"I don't deserve this,they humiliated me,my hijab was wet,my veil was almost ripped off while I was being watched by those filthy soldier men"

For Kamzan his day was full of tantrums.On his first meeting the old man threw tantrum on him when he came back to the camp he heard another tantrum from Yerein

"That event will not happen again"Kamzan simple reply.He had many words to say but this woman had a bad temper.She triggered his sense of sincerity, it made him forgot his prepared speech

"you are so cruel you played with my faith,no you are not a Muslim,a good Muslim would never do that to her fellow Muslim"Yerein spoke with full of hatred and the captain was just receiving all those hateful speech which was being thrown at him. It should be thrown to Jarannya,although Yerein was blaming Kamzan now,she also knew that Jarannya had a major role on it.

But for now she would shake the conscience of the soldier in front of her.

The traitor planned this,she wanted Yerein to hate the soldier boy,but she miscalculated something,because of this torture,he cleared Kamzan's doubts. Jarannya would be disappointed to find out that she unknowingly used her own hands to push the captain drawn closer to her ex-best friend.

"That was not my order"He was irritated now.He knew that he would be misunderstood but he still waited for her to wake up to desperately explain his side.

"Is that all you could say? You told me you would do everything to force me to say the truth,even if you kill me the truth you want to know is not in my grasp,I don't have that truth!"

"I was on the conference;the punishment came from the top,you are a special case,there are many groups interested in you,it is not just me who wants you dead,there are many of us"

Officer Max couldn't help but stare at the man talking.He was lying again just to protect his pride ,he always chose the wrong words to hurt Yerein in order for him to hide his true self

"I am not surprised ,after all everyone wants me dead,this country hates me because according to you I am a terrorist" Yerein voice was like a thunder that could produce cracks to her covered soul.She had no power to destroy the lies and she had no power to save herself.

"Officer Max, can you leave us alone?"Kamzan asked politely while holding back so much emotion in his eyes. Officer Nico nodded and got out from Yerein's room.

When the captain began to open his mouth nurse Pam came in"I am sorry to interrupt captain but we need to run some test to our patient"

Kamzan was baffled; he wanted to explain himself but the timing was not right.
"Okay nurse Pam I'll be going then" he left the infirmary after a short glance to his suspect

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 657 14
She's sexy as sin and hotter than hell and-oh wait. What would you do to save a loved one's life? Make a pact with a Devil? In my defense, it was the...
3.5M 208K 59
I walked down the white hallways filled with the smell of bleach and chlorine. The lights above were too bright, too luminescent. I can't think. I ca...
145K 7.9K 23
'Mum you can't leave me, how could you?', a gasp escapes her mouth. Her mother was the only one on her side but she too is gone now, she can't do any...
145K 7.2K 62
Anya, the girl who fell for her best friend. But he already loves someone else and he is getting married in a month. She loves him to an extent that...