Midnight Neighbor | 18+

By akawaiiisan

♤♤ MATURE CONTENT warning ♤♤ • • • He's charming. He's handsome, hot as f*ck, talented, charismatic. People h... More

|| summary ||
0|| Disclaimer
1|| You're like, ancient Soph
3|| Unaware
4|| Her ignorance
5|| Familiar
6|| A Shocker
7|| Disbelief
8|| It will end in tears
9|| Realization
10|| Game
11|| Olivia
12||Harrassment and Assault
13|| Fail Safe Plan
14|| Risky
15||For his Sanity
16|| Conflicted
17|| Overreaching
18|| Shameless
19|| Blessing
20|| Undercurrents
21|| A Memorable Night
22|| Only for you
23|| Drive you wild
24|| Behind The Scenes
25|| Starved
26|| Much too Impulsive
27|| Interrogation at its Finest
28|| Dangerous urges
29|| Insatiable
30|| Snake (part 1)
30|| Snake (part 2)
31|| Unease
32|| Honesty
33|| Assumptions
34|| Bad Memories
35|| Who is that Woman
36|| His Persistence
37|| Unforseen Changes
38|| Banter
39|| Burning Curiosity
40|| Petrified
41|| Undercurrents Flow Once Again
42|| Unbelievable
43|| Oversight
44|| A Small glimpse is Enough
45|| Recklessness
46|| Show me
47|| Accidents and Confrontations
48|| Say it
49|| Exposed
50|| First Impressions Last
51|| Two Truths and a Lie
52|| Always Two Steps Ahead
53|| Silent Wars
54|| Then comes the Fall
55|| A Gift
56|| Contempt
57|| Hurt people
58|| Importance
59|| Quite the Scare
60|| Making Plans
61|| Her Dominance -Shortlived
62|| Angst
63|| Theft of Joy
64|| Uncertainties
65|| Under Pressure
66||Miranda
67|| Motherly Woes
68|| Blame
69|| Bittersweet
70|| Priorities
71|| Art of Gathering Information
72||Cater to You
73|| Keep a Secret
74|| Love so Pure
||Content With You {MN extras 1/?}
||Content With You {MN extras 2/?}
|| Her neighbor {MN extra 1/?}

2|| Negligence

32.6K 893 270
By akawaiiisan

Unedited~

• • •

"Sir, I've brought the files you requested, and Mr Nagato just called to send reminder of his in person appointment before the preparation of the coming auction."

"Oh?"

Cold and indifferent eyes languidly slid from the desk which was already almost covered with files on top of files, a handbook for notes and a medium compact laptop that already had a myriad of spreadsheets open in a software. Those eyes met the person who had ran in holding another stack of files in his hands.

The owner of these eyes made a small sound of acknowledgement, raising a long neat finger to point at the only area with a bit of space left on his desk. His eyes naturally slid down once more, completely focusing on the task at hand.

There, in the huge office which stood on the highest floor inside the main Osoro building. In the tallest skyscraper of the three main buildings, sat Mr Osoro himself, typing away unhurriedly, ignoring everything around him.

Each of his movements, even if it was as simple as typing a few sentences of data onto the keyboard or even something as minuscule as flipping through pages of a file, carried grace and elegance. Even the assistant had caught himself staring sometimes which was saying a lot considering the many years they had been together for.

Mr Osoro, clad in a dark gray suit which he filled out effortlessly, hair completely slicked back with a few stubborn strands escaping its confines, sat in silence, going through, reviewing, typing. It stayed like this for a good while. Only the sound of his assistant's quiet breathing, the occasional clicks of the keyboard and pages turning.

Then, after what seemed like forever, He discarded the folder in his hands, signaling his assistant with a small gesture to bring the one he had specifically requested to him.

His assistant quickly snapped to it.

"Sir, Mr Nagat-"

"Ignore it," His voice sounded as serious and decisive as his exterior. It carried a timbre that made anyone that heard instinctively want to obey. It was chilling.

His assistant snapped his mouth shut. Ignore it he will. It wasn't as if this was the first multi-millionaire and finance giant to get blown of by Mr Osoro. Surely, and it wasn't about to be the last either.

The assistant got close, passing the files to him, directly in his hands.

"Ah, right, The small batch of supervisors you've arranged to inspect the various states of the sectors inside the building have all submitted positive reports except for a few who's productivity is bit...less than expected. Your schedule after 11 am is completely booked plus you need to visit the site for auction a bit later today, not only that but...Miss Richardson has been calling nonstop since the news that you were back aired."

Mr Osoro nodded then frowned at the latter. "Block her." He spoke unhesitantly, eyes shifting to the other files that were starting to draw his complete focus.

Those were the records for everything financial wise that happened while he was away on the other side of the world. Ofcourse, while he was away he had gotten the weekly reports yet he still chose to meticulously go over them once more after returning.

His dealings in Japan had been successful which led him to look for another huge opportunity. Coincidentally, this one was located right in his main business state. He had returned at the fastest speed.

"The lobby?" He asked unexpectedly, only a tiny bit curious.

"As crowded as expected sir not only with workers but with representatives of other organizations."

Mr Osoro went back to his reading. He guessed it without even having to ask. This was the first day of his return, of course many others wouldn't want to miss the possibility of catching him on his way in.

Quite a shame on their part, he had long since taken his elevator. Been in his office from 3am. Right now, absolutely no one knew he was currently inside the building.

He continued his work, only to be interrupted after half an hour lasped by. His assistant had cleared his throat, breaking his focus.

He looked up and was met with big hopeful eyes.

"No, Jiho." Mr Osoro immediately went back to the task at hand.

Jiho, his assistant, looked aggrieved.

"You haven't even heard my request..." his voice was almost a squeak.

"You cannot leave."

Jiho's eyes almost went bloodshot. "I dont think this was what mother meant when she told you to take me along for experience."

"You do know interrupting your boss in the middle of work could possibly get you fired right?" Mr Osoro muttered softly in reply, his eyes glued to the screen once more.

"But I did my job correctly didn't I? I got up at 1 am just in time for your flight's arrival and I've been up ever since, it's been 10 hours," he groaned. Still, his tone stayed level. He was begging a little reprieve, not interested in provoking a death sentence.

Jiho couldn't even think of another out of his other two siblings with enough balls to raise their voice at the oldest Osoro sibling. He sure as hell couldn't.

"You've been slacking off in my absence. This will be beneficial to you."

Jiho's mouth almost dropped right open. Slacking off? In those past months he was shadowing the main vice president and was responsible for the process of reports to be sent and delivered all the way to Japan. How was that slacking? He suddenly wished he was still shadowing the main vice president because at least that didn't require him to be awake at 1am and run around until 11 am.

"Come on," Jiho stifted his weight from one leg to the other, "is this how you'll treat your little broth-"

One cold look from Mr Osoro had his mouth snapping shut, his spine going ramrod straight.

"Read the appointments from there."

"Yes sir!" Jiho mustered up his best smile, held up the tablet and decided to forget the complaints of his legs and feet.

Mr Osoro went back to the files, ignoring Jiho's voice as he droned on about their quota for today.

Of course, Mr Osoro wasn't that cruel to his little brother, he just knew the moment he lost sight of his Jiho, he'd get an earful from mother about not taking care of the younger generation. He'd rather avoid that where possible.

It had only been a few months since he took Jiho up for mentoring. Unexpectedly he had to leave for Japan which meant a lot of those times, Jiho was here slacking of, only doing grunt work and submitting reports when absolutely necessary.

He'd have to fix that unhealthy procrastinating habit of his.

And, speaking of returning from Japan. Mr Osoro's eyes slid from the open folders before him to the only sealed one he had yet to touch. This was the only file on his desk that had little to no relation to the Osoro buildings and its affairs.

It was the reason for him rushing so quickly from Japan. One could say he had a talent for spotting opportunities. This was indeed one of them.

A stubborn old man had finally realised his time was coming to its end and was starting to cash up and out to secure a standing for his future generations. Selling what he deemed unnecessary and leaving anything else in the names of his children and grand children.

One of those "things" that he deemed unnecessary just so happens to be a wide expanse of land taking up far too many space in the commercial area. A land packed with stores and mountains of markets open to whoever was willing to pay a fine. A land that, although bleak and declining in business, would flourish with just the right amount of investment and attention. Not to mention the profits.

It had been one of the sole reasons the Mr. Osoro found himself on that plane back to the states and now, in this office.

He needed to secure that land by any and every means necessary.

Mr Osoro took up the sealed folder, breaking the thin yet secure seal and flipping through, eyes first skimming over its contents.

He had long since made a note and drew up the data of the land and the area surrounding it, the findings were adequate and that was all he needed. However...the problem itself lied with a few certain...competitors.

Mr Osoro narrowed his eyes an inch. Hecwas the only one with interest on this subject matter. In fact, one didnt need a folder of analytical data to know that whoever got that area and did what needed to be done, the profits and possibilities would be endless.

Only a few dared to not immediately withdraw after seeing him entering the anticipated bidding war and he simply knew they were ready to go head to head with him on this one.

Good thing he found a challenge quite amusing.

With a minuscule sound at the back of his throat, he snapped the file shut and got up, rising to his feet and straightening his already neat cufflinks.

Jiho immediately snapped to attention, straightening his back, not standing as casually as before.

"Ah, again the appointments, Mr Naldo of the third building, assistant vice had sent out a meeting requesting your presence. It's in an hour. A few more of the supervisors had sent in their documental reviews with both negative and positives of the business sectors that's there for you to skim over. Right at this moment there's over 50 important businesses representatives being escorted around on the lower floors waiting for your "arrival", there's also-"

Jiho stopped speaking after realizing he wasn't getting any response from his boss only to look up and see that the room had gone empty while he had his head down, reading from his tablet.

"Ah..." he sighed, wiping the back of his hand over his face. "He moves like a ghost sometimes."

"...Like a what?"

The cool voice behind him made Jiho wish he had left his chatty mouth back at his house.

"Nothing! I didn't say anything big brother-" he turned in a hurry to see Osoro coming from a room he always forgot existed.

It was so neatly camouflaged. Jiho would bet half of his month's earnings that there was a bed in there somewhere.

Mr Osoro already seemed to live in his office.

A small knock on his head brought Jiho back to his senses. Mr Osoro towered over him effortlessly, over a head taller that Jiho who stood at a proud 180 centimeters.

This only added to his intimidating persona. Jiho felt like stepping back.

"Didn't I tell you to address me as your boss while in office?"

"Yes Mr Osoro Sir!" Jiho nodded quickly even though he was crying on the inside. He couldn't even remember the last time he addressed Mr.Osoro by his first name. From he had inherited the company seat all those years ago, it was as if he was walking around with a permanent air of suppression.

Jiho felt he had it easy though. At least he didn't freeze up completely whenever Mr Osoro had his eyes on him. Their youngest sibling could hardly even even speak.

Jiho planted an easy going smile on his face, trying to quickly divert the topic.

"Where to first, Sir?"

Mr Osoro noticed his weak attempt, he decided to let it slide this once.

He had no time plus...he was already controlling this one's paycheck and all his cards which his mother had confiscated. That was enough of a lesson.

"Reschedule every meeting that's in three hours from now. We're visiting the site," with those words he turned and left, walking through the thick wooden door.

Jiho immediately scrambled to follow behind him.

The entire top most floor was the CEOs space, while most would design to their hearts content, Mr Osoro had kept it simple, mostly. Outside of his office was a single hallway leading to the reception area and the elevators with a wide variety of rooms surrounding it. Even he had forgotten what was inside those rooms because they were kept from the designs of his father's. He had sparse time and only spent it inside his personal office and area so those other spaces had remained a mystery to him.

As they reached the reception area, he found it was completely empty except for the receptionist who had immediately stopped what she was doing and stood upon his entrance. His eyes surveyed the empty room, the few chairs that was there for waiting VIPs, set around a simple yet exquisitely designed small table were empty. The area was clean and well kept and the walls were bare save for a few paintings here and there.

He commended security for keeping the area empty considering the representatives that were sent to intercept him was most likely the best in their feild.

Not once did it cross his mind that the reason the area was empty was because he had discretely entered the building far before the expected time and only three people knew he was in at the moment.

It wasn't a stretch to say that they'd definitely try to force their way up if the knowledge that he was in the building had leaked. Some would even take the stairs.

This small fact had slipped his mind.

They immediately went to the VIP elevator, the one that only a few had the access to use. In order to use this elevator one would need a card and that card would have to be issued by Mr Osoro himself.

Jiho immediately swiped his card, pressing the number that went below the ground floor to Mr Osoro's own parking area. He stepped back, waiting.

He only realized something was wrong after a whole minute had lapsed by and the numbers hadn't moved, they hadn't even flickered.

Jiho's face sank while Mr Osoro raised an eyebrow. His time was precious, so precious that a minute spent waiting on the elevator was already a minute too many.

Jiho immediately repeated his actions with a frown, holding the company issued tablet in his other hand.

They waited...and waited.

Mr Osoro's face was already dark after the fourth minute went by.

Jiho almost shivered from his cold gaze.

"Um, Sir, I dont know what...this wasn't happening before."

Mr Osoro ignored him, checking his watch for the first time. He should've been on the ground floor by now, or close to being there.

With a sigh, he turned and walked to the chairs, ignoring the wide eyed receptionist and sat. Jiho immediately followed but had the mind to remain standing.

Mr Osoro's expression was far unpleasant for him to get comfortable at the moment. Jiho cursed the person responsible for maintenance internally.

Imagine the boss coming back and finding a problem in areas that were prioritized to be checked 24/7, not only that but that problem was causing inconvenience.

"Find out what's going on immediately."

"Yes sir!"

Mr Osoro waited, something he was unaccustomed to doing because he hardly had to wait, and another few minutes went by with the receptionist too stiff to move, Jiho tapping away at the wide yet thin tablet and Mr Osoro running his fingers rhythmically over the arm rest.

"Ah..." Jiho broke the tensed silence with an aggrieved sigh. "Sir it seems that there has been reports of the elevators having problems but the maintenance is scheduled to be here in an hour, the problem hasn't gotten that serious although...I'm unsure why the private elevator has become unresponsive...no one was using it plus it worked fine this morning..." The last part was murmured to himself.

Mr Osoro frowned at this. An hour? An hour to get here plus god knew how many to get the elevator fixed?

No, this would definitely not work. He had to get to the site immediately for things to be done. Not only that, he had to be there before those old geezers had a chance to start their own activities.

After thinking for a good moment, Mr Osoro finally spoke, frowning. "And which elevator is currently working at this moment?"

Jiho's mouth dropped open, he snapped it shut and stared at his big brother as if he'd seen a ghost.

"The only one that's working and closest to us at the moment is the one used by employees but Sir...you-"

Mr Osoro raised a hand, waving him off dismissively.

"Get my driver and the others to come around to the employee and visitors underground parking area," he stood up, straightening jacket and securing his tie.

"But sir the employee-"

"You," Mr Osoro cut him off once more, "will stay here and do whatever you must to keep everyone off the elevator in the next," he checked his watch, "fifteen or so minutes and make sure to personally supervise the maintenance."

Jiho opened his mouth, most likely to protest then quickly closed it after seeing the look on Mr Osoro's face. "Yes sir." He squeaked.

Mr Osoro nodded, walking by him and heading to the way which led to the metal doors of the other elevator which rarely carried people to the top most floor. Usually being empty as it stopped here before going back down. It took another long minute for them to get to it.

This was probably the first in history that the CEO would have to use this elevator. Mr Osoro frowned yet didn't let that fact bother him as he was already hard pressed on time.

His lifted a hands to press the lower button only to be stopped by Jiho's quiet shout.

"Sir, I'll-"

Mr Osoro pressed the button without another moment of hesitance and waited. The elevator would most likely be empty before it got here.

He was indeed proven right when the number flickered and stopped at 80 and the shiny metal doors that showed his warped reflection slid open to an empty space. He walked inside then turned to face Jiho who stood on the other side. Face puffed up as if he was holding in a lot of complaints.

"You're to make sure the elevator goes down without stopping. When everything's over I'll inform you where to join me."

This was the last thing Jiho heard as the metal doors slid to a close.

Inside, Mr Osoro stood, calmly waiting as the elevator dropped lower and lower. Inside he was frowning deeply. This was unacceptable and he'd make sure to have a meeting with the vice president and calmly inform him on how to manage in absence of the CEO, plus...reports were being made yet something as simple and mandatory as this was left unattended? It was as if the entire building had gotten loose in his absence.

He'd make sure to go over those reports one final time to see if there was anything else he'd need to speak with the vice about.

The time of the elevator's decent passed like this with him completely basking in silence and his thoughts. He was just about to commend Jiho for making sure everyone avoided the elevator in such short notice as it hadn't stopped and he was already down under the 50th floor.

He had, however, spoken a bit too soon because upon the approaching 44th floor the elevator suddenly slowed down noticeably, then came to a complete stop.

Mr Osoro expression darkened, the corner of his lips dropping into a slight frown. He'd definately have to deal with Jiho later.

He couldn't do anything currently, so he resorted to stepping back and to the side, not even sparing a glance to whoever would enter.

There was the sound of footsteps and it came to a stop not very close to him, followed by a frustrated, mostly tired huff. There was a slight thud as a button was jabbed and the doors immediately slid shut once more.

Mr. Osoro's complete silence was now broken by the sound of the other person's heavy breathing.

His hand and a few muscles in his jaw twitched. His irritation slowly rising yet he couldn't help his curiosity.

The person that entered didn't even offer a 'good morning' or even a simple 'good afternoon'. In fact it was as if he didn't even exist.

This irked him for some reason.

His eyes reluctantly left the spot on the corner he was staring at before, sliding to look at the person who had rudely disturbed his peace.

It was a...girl?

No. It was a woman. He couldn't even imagine thinking she was a girl at first considering there was no way those features could belong anywhere on a girl.

Mr Osoro froze for a second.

He was unable to stop his eyes from looking her up and down, then from the short black heels she wore to the skin toned stockings that disappeared up into a black pencil skirt that hugged her lower half in the most appealing way, up her white shirt that was tucked in neatly then to her collar and finally her nape and hair that were tightly secured into something he didnt know what to call, a clip maybe? The light reflected off a light sheen of sweat on the back of her neck which made a few curly strands stick to her nape.

The most important thing was that her skin was a deep shade of brown that looked so soft that he had a sudden and inexplicable urge to reach forward and touch.

Mr. Osoro blinked, eyebrows pulled tight. She was carrying a stack of files that looked unsuitable and too heavy for her frame.

He raised an eyebrow, no wonder she sounded so tired.

Still...she had seen him and chose not to speak. This worked in his favor so he chose to leave it at that, turning back to look straight ahead.

Weird...he remembered funding company issued laptops and tablets to every working employee to avoid situations like these yet here it was...happening right before him.

How strange.

A few seconds passed and his eyes...like metal attracted to magnet slid over to where she stood again.

He was irked. It was as if he didnt exist in her world. Just her and the stacks of papers she carried. And...why on earth did he suddenly wish she'd turn around...even for a second.

He caught himself, with a frown, looking forward.

Still...if she looked this appealing from the back...

He sighed internally. Maybe he had gotten too bored from waiting. That was the only explanation as to why his mind was reeling this much. Not to mention he had been awake for more than ten hours.

He'd been working nonstop too long. Maybe this was the sign that he needed a break and maybe...just maybe a night out with a few of his old...friends.

But..

His eyes slid to her again.

He could already see it. The telltale signs that those files and registers would slip from her hands any moment now.

Mr Osoro took this an an excuse. If the files were to fall wouldn't that inconvenience him more? Plus she'd still be picking them up after reaching her stop which would make others aware that he was indeed already in the building and currently taking this elevator.

Yes. He'd get swarmed by representatives and managers that showed up in person if that were to happen, plus his bodyguards and driver was in the parking lot below.

Mr Osoro hesitated no more, now that he had a solid reason he made to call out to her only...things didn't go as he planned.

At that same moment, the lights in the elevator flickered followed by a loud abrupt sound that rang in his ear, as if something snapped and tore before unwinding.

The elevator shuddered and suddenly, as if the cords were no longer there holding it, the metal contraption plunged, lifting both of them off their feets.

• • •

A

/N:

Here we go.

Remember to vote, comment and share~

I have a small headache at the moment so I wont say much. See y'all at the next chapter.

~Nessa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.1K 1.4K 15
He brought his hands up and tucked my hair behind my ear. coming closer to my ear "Do i arouse you?" he whispered, making my knees weak "I can feel...
39.5K 741 77
I had a one night stand with the self-proclaimed businessman of Manhattan, New York. I have told myself it can't happen again, it just can't. I get t...
807K 14.4K 54
18+ | Angel and demon brought together by accident. Sparks fly and moans reverberate through their bedroom but...neither one knows who they are to e...
190K 7.8K 43
I looked down at my freshly painted acrylic nails. My heart was racing and my palms were sweating. Although I was having a good time. It was time for...