Always (Harry Potter And Seve...

By rdcastillo24

Ever since the day, he stood as a father- figure and guardian to Harry Potter after Voldemort murdered James... More

The Cast
Chapter One: Lily's Sacrifice
Chapter Two: Ten Years Later...
Chapter Three: Past Mistakes
Chapter Four: Explanations
Chapter Five: Diagon Alley
Chapter Six: Train To Hogwarts
Chapter Seven: Sorting Hat
Chapter Eight: The First Day of Classes
Chapter Nine: Come With Me
Chapter Ten: My Scar Hurts!
Chapter Eleven: Destined To Fly
Chapter Twelve: Quidditch
Chapter Thirteen: New Magical Teachers
Chapter Fifteen: Flaws and Doubts
Chapter Sixteen: Nimbus 2000
Chapter Seventeen: Practice Match: Mahoutokoro Vs. Slytherin Team (Part 1)
Chapter Eighteen: Practice Match: Mahoutokoro Vs. Slytherin Team (Part 2)
Chapter Nineteen: Malfoy's Innocence
Chapter Twenty: The Three-Headed Dog
Chapter Twenty-One: Ravenclaw Vs Gryffindor
Chapter Twenty-Two: Down The Hall
Chapter Twenty-Three: The Return of Sirius Black
Chapter Twenty-Four: Secrets
Chapter Twenty-Five: Slytherin Vs Ravenclaw
Chapter Twenty-Six: Snape's Worries
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Unicorn's Blood
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Shadows
Chapter Twenty Nine: Sacrifices
Chapter Thirty: The Philosopher's Stone
Chapter Thirty-One: Back To Hospital Wing
Chapter Thirty-Two: Goodbye Feast
Thirty-Three: The Train Home
Thirty Four: Back Home
Thirty Five: To The Next Year!

Chapter Fourteen: Charlie Weasley

321 16 14
By rdcastillo24

A/n: Thank you everyone for reading my fanfiction! I hope you like this new chapter! Charlie Weasley will be a very different 'Charlie' in my fanfiction. Thank you!

A few days later, Ron, Fred, and George were gathered at the training grounds in the Hogwarts Castle since the three youngest members of the Weasley Family had all received a letter from Charlie Weasley from Romania that he will be visiting them. He had also announced to them in the letter that he will arrive in a very different manner and they will clearly be surprised. Harry and Hermione were also both there since Ron invited them. Dumbledore had also just arrived moments later after them that afternoon with Severus Snape following behind him as he was the only professor who was free to join him that time.

"How long will my brother make us wait?" Ron screamed. "I'm getting tired here!"

Moments later, they heard a huge boom and loud flapping sound of wings. It astounded them when they saw a grey dragon with red wings slowly land at the training grounds. The dragon had a huge neck and huge spikes on them but in between the neck and the body, they saw a man sitting on a black saddle. The people who were gathered at the ground were shocked when they saw Charlie Weasley dismount from the dragon as if he's a mighty warrior with a wand and a magical sword.

"You can ride a dragon, brother?" Ron asked after he ran in excitement at him. "Wow! Do you think we can ride it, too?"

Charlie Weasley's only a few years older than Ron, Fred, and George but he still does have some childish personality but unlike them, he had matured a bit already, especially when he met his dragon. "My dragon, Glaze, has to say 'yes'. He's one of the few dragons that can talk to humans and connect his mind to a wizard."

"That's something new that we have learned today," said Harry. "Dragons can talk! Do you think I will be able to become a dragon rider, too?"

Glaze chuckled deep inside him but he began to look seriously when his eyes met Harry's eyes. "Your name is Harry Potter, am I right? Mr. Potter, you do have power that you don't realize, yet. Be wise on your decisions, and most of all, do not trust everyone you think are on your side."

Snape's heart began to ache in guilt when he heard what the dragon told him as it worried him what he might begin to think. He took Harry immediately behind him as if to protect him. After that, he gazed at the dragon in anger and without fear. "You're just a dragon! Why do you have to say those words to my son?"

Harry, who was absolutely confused tugged Snape's robe. "Dad! Is there something he said that he shouldn't have said? What was it?"

"I'll take him back in his room, Professor Dumbledore," Snape told Dumbledore in a rush. "A mere dragon spoke something that my son shouldn't have heard!"

Glaze breathed fire and released them in his anger making everyone to back off. "You call me 'a mere dragon'???? It was true that the boy should know something you are all hiding from him!"

Charlie immediately stood in front of his dragon to calm him down after he saw Harry was beginning at cry. "Glaze! Glaze, calm down! Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry isn't like the small magic school in Romania."

Dumbledore was also alarmed when he realized that Harry was crying. "Yes, Severus. Take the boy back to his room. It will be much better if it was only me who chose to welcome Charlie today. Take the kids with you, too."

Severus bowed at him, after that, he guided the kids back inside the castle. He knew that he acted guilty but it definitely shocked him and it hurt when the dragon told Harry to be careful who he gives his trust. He wanted to fall down in his knees in so much guilt and even if his death mark- a snake mark- was still faint, it hurt him a lot.

...

Charlie bowed in front of Dumbledore to ask for his forgiveness. Dragons like Glaze may have some wisdom and they do accept riders but they're still wild creatures. "Professor Dumbledore, we apologize for what happened earlier."

"Glaze can stay at the top tower to wait for you, correct?" Dumbledore asked him. "He can't stay for too long here in the training grounds."

Charlie nodded in agreement and at the same time, Greg obeyed his order. At the time he was already at the sky to get to the top tower, he bowed at Dumbledore again. "Forgive me, Professor Dumbledore! Dragons are peculiar and wise but I didn't know that he might insult Professor Snape or even say something to a child."

"Your dragon wasn't truly that wrong, Charlie," he told him. "Severus Snape acted carelessly in front of Harry Potter."

Charlie's eyes stared at Dumbledore with very open eyes. He was surprised that Harry Potter was there. "Harry Potter? Are you talking about 'the boy who lived'?"

"Yes, Charlie. I'm sure that you received my letter, am I correct?" Dumbledore replied. "He's still hiding from Harry that he was a Death Eater. Many members of the Order of the Phoenix knows that Voldemort had killed his parents."

Charlie flinched in surprise when he heard the name and so, they stopped walking in the corridor near the Defense Against the Dark Arts Classroom. "Many people are afraid of the name, Professor Dumbledore. Why aren't you afraid of him? He was just too powerful."

"There are many reasons why I am not afraid of him," he replied. "Voldemort is merely a wizard who wanted to rule the world."

Charlie sighed. He knew that the head of Hogwarts won't answer him directly and so, he immediately went straight to the point. "Why did you want to see me, sir? The elves are here. I'm sure that they can protect Harry."

"You're here for a mission, Charlie. I want you to travel in Azkaban and take Sirius Black out of prison."

Charlie almost collapsed in shock. "Me? Why? Professor—! I—! There are better people who can take Sirius Black out of Azkaban. He's also pretty much able to break that prison on his own. You can also just send an owl letter or howler to Cornelius Fudge about it and demand his release."

"It is true that I can just send an owl or howler to Cornelius, but there is a more pressing issue to be addressed before I inform him that I am the one who wants him out. Both of you will know about it when you're already back here in Hogwarts to report to me."

"Is it about the Philosopher's Stone of Nicholas Flamel? I heard that it's missing on his vault."

"No, Charlie. It is well-protected here in Hogwarts. What happens in the school will be the problem of who are here in this school."

"Thank you, Professor Dumbledore. I'll do my best in my mission, sir."

A/n: Thank you to all of the people who read my fanfiction! 😍💗💗😻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.3K 1.3K 18
James and Lily Potter have been dead for 12 years, both falling victim to the killing curse by the hand of the darkest wizard of all time. Their son...
144 11 11
Since birth you were taught the responsibilities of being a Riddle, when you go to hogwarts you start to discover what it is like to be Voldemorts da...
46.2K 1.5K 19
Harry Potter. The only survivor when Lord Voldemort attacked his home. His parents died, the house was destroyed, but he made it, with nothing more t...
85.2K 2.9K 47
***Completed*** ***SS x OC fanfiction*** A smart healer starts a temporary job at Hogwarts and meets Severus Snape. They both have a liking of magic...