𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 | 𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐦 𝐛𝐚...

بواسطة euphoricjane

"I loved you before I even knew the name for it. Every day I'd sit beside you, inhaling your scent, looking a... المزيد

prologue
"have i ever missed a game?"
"surely he wasn't a loverboy"
"adam banks was completely aware"
"oh, 'she was wearing a tiara' my ass"
"i'll consider your happiness"
"crying over someone who doesn't exist"
"so it is true, you do like adam banks?"
"did you seriously take advice from mcgill?"
"i'm being traded to the ducks"
"you don't even know what pda is"
"the sweetest angel"
"hey, why don't you two get a room?"
"i married him"
intermission
"hey cake eater!"
"wearing a cowboy hat tomorrow"
"didn't know this was the party room"
"i'm starving my balls off"
"have no fear, goldberg is here!"
"because...it's you guys"
"hey there ladybug"
"adam lied"
"i was never yours"
"oh, it speaks"
"i still hate you for what you did"
"since it happened, she's cried everyday"
"the rest of my life"
"this"
"i really like going for that hat trick"
"i lied because he's in love!"
"we are the champions of the world"
intermission
"well i've certainly had the practice"
"so what is pretty boy hiding?"
"cooties"
intermission
author's note (actually read this)
"now I want to know where that cat lady is"
"merry christmas, guy!"
"the cold war"
"banks says it's cool"
"welcome to eden hall"
"it matters to me"
"I guess I should start with I'm sorry"
"forever and always, my girl"
epilogue
I had the best time falling in love with Adam Banks
the comeback????
coming soon...
out now

"whatever, i'm getting cheese fries"

7.4K 134 88
بواسطة euphoricjane

"It's the North Stars!" Connie Moreau gasped as the Ducks stared at the pro-hockey arena in admiration. Their jaws dropped even more when Gordon Bombay told them they could skate on the ice.

 The moment that Adam felt his blade come in contact with the ice, he knew. He knew that he loved the feeling of being in a real arena, with hundreds of seats watching your every move. He wanted this feeling every day. He wanted hockey to be his future. 

The Ducks skated around the huge rink laughing and gliding around on their stomachs. Connie and Guy held hands before colliding with Jesse and Averman. Annoyed with their antics almost immediately, Connie abandoned the group of boys -- curious as to what the quiet blonde boy was up to. "Hey, Banks."

"Hi," Adam replied, surprised and slightly nervous. 

"How's Rowan?"

"You know Rowan?

"Yeah, we've talked before. She's a nice girl," Connie replied.

"She is." 

"What are we talking about?" Charlie asked, appearing by their side as they lapped the ice slowly.

"A girl," Connie grinned.

"Charlie knows Rowan too," Adam informed. 

"This sounds like a team bonding conversation to me!" Charlie announced, grabbing the attention of a few other teammates. 

"Wait, guys. W-" 

Within minutes, the secret was no longer a secret. 

"I love team bonding!" Averman cheered.

Rowan knocked on the dark oak door of the McGill household. Larson opened the door, stunned to see her standing there. "Oh, hey..."

"We need to talk," She stated as McGill rushed to the door upon hearing her voice. 

"We're about to leave for the North Stars game. We can talk while we walk there," McGill said. 

"What'd you want to talk about?" Larson asked as they passed through neighborhoods. 

"How you missed a game the other night?

She didn't even realize it. "Adam. I came to talk about Adam."  

McGill rolled his eyes as Larson awkwardly looked at her. Just as they entered the stadium, a screen above them read: 'Welcome Gordon Bombay and The Ducks!'

"Speaking of him," Larson muttered.

"Whatever, I'm getting cheese fries," McGill said, walking towards the food court.

Rowan followed them but came to a stop as Larson and McGill pointed to where Adam and The Ducks were sitting. The two boys started laughing, catching Adam's attention. McGill held up his arm and pretended to shoot him. Rowan quickly yanked McGill's arm down. Adam sunk lower in his seat.

"Come on. We aren't getting your stupid cheese fries", Rowan ordered through gritted teeth, pulling them off the stairs and into a quiet corner. "What the hell is up with you guys? I came to talk you both into being friends with Adam again, but it's clear that you care more about what team he's on. I mean, seriously? All this bullshit and for what? Some stupid hockey title? For pee-wees? Did you ever even care about him outside of what he could do on the ice?"

"Rowan, he's the competition now. You know how it is," Larson tried to explain.

"No, I don't know how it is. Tell me how some insignificant team, that no one will remember in 20 years, is more important than the friendship that could still be around in 30!" 

"Who said we'd still be friends in 30 years?" Larson asked.

"Adam did."

"You just don't understand hockey, Rowan. You never did," McGill bitterly said to her.

"But I thought I understood you," She voiced, grabbing his arm to prevent the boy from walking away.

"Well, maybe you don't. Things worked when we were all on the same team here. And it's clear which side you chose," Larson spoke. Rowan stared at them in disbelief, shaking her head.

"Yeah, you're part of district 5 now. Just go have fun with your boyfriend and the stupid Ducks," McGill spat out. 

"See you around, Pierce."

"Hopefully we don't."

It was official. They would never be together again. The friendship she had grown up in -- The people she considered family -- were gone. And they weren't coming back, not as long as hockey existed. She hated hockey, it ruined everything that mattered to her. Tears slipped out of her eyes and onto her rosy cheeks. 

Adam Banks shut the door to the large van, waving goodbye to teammates as he walked up to his driveway. Just as he was about to enter the house, a girl sitting under a nearby tree caught his eye. He hurried over to her. "Rowan, what are you doing?" He asked, looking down at her from his standing position.

"Thinking."

Adam sat down next to her and wrapped his arms around his knees. "You know, I can tell something is wrong when there isn't a book in your hands."

All the Ducks had their faces up to the windows of the van, trying to get a good view of them.

"What are you thinking about?" Adam questioned, lightly nudging her shoulder. 

"Everything," She mumbled, not meeting his gaze.

"Do you think you could talk instead?" He gently asked, repeating her words from the pond.

"What do you think they're talking about?" Karp asked the Ducks.

"Hopefully their wedding," Connie said.

"Shh! Unroll the window," Charlie instructed.  

The window was very loud. Adam and Rowan looked up at the screeching noise and saw the van still parked outside of Adam's house. He spotted his team quickly duck out of sight.

"Drive!" Averman yelled.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" He asked, watching as the black van sped away. 

"I got in a fight with McGill and Larson." 

Adam was quiet for a moment. "What was it about?"

"You," She slightly whispered.

"Me?"

"Yeah. I tried to talk to them, ask them why they cared about hockey more. Maybe I even wanted to convince them that it wasn't worth losing a 30-year friendship," Rowan answered.

"I never said I wanted to be friends with them in 30 years," Adam said, letting out a small chuckle.

"I know, I just never thought it would all be over so quickly. I always pictured that we'd go to more dances, endure more of their stupid jokes, have more sleepovers. You'd all move onto a bigger hockey team, I'd still go to all your games. Once we got into different colleges, that's when we'd all drift apart."

"And be back to make pancakes?" He added.

"Of course," She laughed under her breath.

"I know. I pictured the same thing," He told her, thinking everything over for a minute. 

Standing up, Adam offered her his hand. Without even having to ask, she knew what he wanted. 

"Is this gonna be our thing now?" She asked him. "Dancing to some sappy song while one of us cries?" 

"Yeah, I guess it is," He smiled. "Because you're my best friend, Rowan." 

Just best friend?

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

76.8K 1.9K 54
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 adam banks gets sent to a hockey academy and meets a girl. 'hold onto the memories, they will hold onto you' book 1/1 fem!oc x ad...
293K 5.6K 41
❝ this boy basically pledged he'd never stop caring about you when he was ten years old ❞ -- in which november finds herself at struggling to...
59.5K 802 31
"I don't know." I said hesitantly while shaking my head. "Oh come on. You know what they say, 'third times a charm.'" Adam smirked and I rolled my ey...
42.3K 546 61
❝i'd go back to december all the time.❞