A Caged Bird | Minjoon

By euphoriaficss

"he looks at you like you're his entire world." in which a socially awkward boy falls for the outgoing strang... More

introduction
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67

49

1.1K 78 31
By euphoriaficss

it was the following day and jimin was feeling a lot better, so he decided he would be fine to go to his classes with namjoon.

they were sitting in their seats, working on an assignment that mr. kim gave them before class got out.

and jimin could tell that something was still off with namjoon. anyone else would probably think the boy was fine, but jimin knew him too well. he was worried about something and jimin was determined to figure out what it was.

"joon, are you sure nothing happened yesterday when i wasn't here?"

namjoon's head shot up from his paper, looking at jimin.

"why are you so insistent that something happened?"

jimin just shrugged.

"i don't know... you just... it's just a feeling, i guess."

namjoon shook his head.

"nothing happened. nothing to write home about at least," namjoon said, with a small laugh.

jimin smiled back, grabbing his boyfriend's hand in his.

"okay... fine," he said, completely putting his whole interrogation to the side at the site of namjoon's adorable dimples, "never mind then."

jimin leaned up and kissed him before he even had time to think, assuming namjoon was probably just tired or something and that explained the slightly off behavior.

they parted away and jimin was still smiling.

"i love you so much," he said, squeezing his hand, "thanks for coming over after school yesterday.., and taking care of me and making me food and stuff. it was.., i thought it was really sweet."

namjoon just smiled, looking partially embarrassed as his cheeks tinted red, shaking his head, "of course," he said, "i love you... i wanted to take care of you."

and as namjoon looked at jimin he almost forgot the guilt he was feeling for keeping something from him.

he knew he wanted to tell jimin but he just needed to wait for the right time... just so it wouldn't seem like such a big thing. he just needed to find the perfect spot to just slip it into conversation. he just had to say it casually so maybe jimin wouldn't read too much into it.

"alright, class is dismissed," mr. kim announced, "don't forget to get all those assignments done. i'll see you all tomorrow."

jimin quickly got up from his chair and started packing his things away. namjoon was a bit slower, but followed after and did the same.

"joon, i'm gonna run to the bathroom, okay? just go save our seat at the café and i'll meet you."

"okay, sounds good."

jimin flung his bag over his shoulder and ran quickly out of the class.

as he was running around a sharp corner, he bumped right into a tall man who was rounding it at the same time as him.

jimin hit his forehead slightly on the man's chin, and immediately put a hand over where it hurt, rubbing it and groaning.

he looked up and saw that he knew the man he bumped into.

"hoseok?"

hoseok was rubbing his chin, clearly in a bit of pain as well from where jimin's forehead slammed into him.

"hey jimin," he said, with a small laugh.

jimin sighed.

"i'm sorry, hobi. i was trying to go quick so i could meet namjoon at the café... but i was going too fast and-"

hoseok pulled his hand away from his face and laughed again.

"it's fine, jimin," he said, then lit up when he remembered he had something to talk to him about, "oh- and i heard the news!"

jimin's eyebrows furrowed.

"what news?"

"about namjoon... the school. that's insane!"

jimin blinked a few times.

"what are you talking about?

hoseok's smile immediately dropped.

"he didn't... you didn't hear about the offer... from the school?"

jimin shook his head.

"what offer? what school?"

hoseok sighed, slapping a palm over his forehead and shaking his head.

"just forget it, jimin. it's not a big deal. just... you didn't hear anything from me, okay?"

hoseok went to walk away quickly, but jimin grabbed the back of his sweatshirt to stop him.

"hoseok!" jimin said, pulling him back, "what the hell are you talking about?"

hoseok shook his head.

"jimin, just talk to namjoon about it, okay? it's not any of my business. and i'm sure if he didn't tell you then it's not that important to hi-"

jimin cut him off.

"hoseok," jimin started, pulling him closer and raising a brow, "tell me right now."

hoseok groaned.

"jimin, i already screwed namjoon over once this year, are you actually gonna make me do it again?" he said, "i gave you tickets to spain for god sakes,
let me go."

jimin released his hoodie and immediately started pouting.

"please, hoseok? i could tell he was keeping something from me and i keep asking about it, but he won't talk to me. if you don't tell me i don't know if he ever will. and i won't tell him you told. i'll say i figured it out myself."

hoseok sighed one last time, before cracking.

"fine," hoseok said, "he got an offer. like... a crazy good offer."

"what kind of offer?"

"...an offer from seoul national university."

jimin's mouth immediately fell open

"that's the best school in the country."

"i know," hoseok said, "they got one look at his poetry and offered him a scholarship. it's crazy. they want him to go study writing for practically no cost. it would be crazy for him not to go."

jimin was smiling first, but it immediately fell when he realized what namjoon "going" actually meant.

jimin didn't have a scholarship to seoul national university. he would never be able to get into a school like that. and if he couldn't go with namjoon... that meant... namjoon would just be going.

alone.

"but i'm sure he decided not to go," hoseok said, trying to reassure jimin after seeing the look on his face, "i mean... hell i'm not even surprised considering how crazy he is about you. i think he'd kill for you if he had to."

jimin was silent for a moment.

"hobi... who told you that? i mean... how did you find out?"

hoseok sighed again.

"well... to be completely transparent... aruem told me."

jimin frowned.

"he told aruem and not me?"

"oh- he didn't tell her! she overheard a conversation he had with mr. kim. she was waiting outside his room to meet with a friend and happened to hear the whole thing. i just assumed namjoon would have told you right away... but i guess..."

"i would have assumed that, too," jimin said, "why would he keep something like that from me? why would he lie?"

hoseok shrugged.

"like i said, he probably just made up his mind that he's not going. he probably just doesn't want you to think anything of it."

jimin ran his fingers through his hair slowly, with a distressed sigh.

"not think anything of it? how could i not think anything of it? that's like... his dream school... to study for his dream career... that's everything he's ever wanted. he'd be crazy to turn that down."

hoseok sighed.

"i think that reaction is what he was afraid of, jimin," hoseok said, "besides, he'd be just as crazy leaving you behind. he loves you so much."

jimin knew hoseok was trying to be nice and make him feel better, but he couldn't bring himself to smile. just the words alone sent a horrible feeling to the pit of his stomach.

"leaving you behind."

jimin gulped, before nodding.

"thanks... i'm gonna go talk to him."

__________________________________

this chapter definitely didn't take like 2 months for me to finish idk what ur talking about

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 596 23
"Look at me." "No." "I said, look at me. Min Yoongi." Hoseok commanded as he moved yoongi's face towards his own. Started:8-22-2020 Ended: 1-9-2021
19.9K 1.1K 26
"I love how I fell for all of your white lies..." - K.SJ "The lies that thought me how to know, how to know that you're inlove..." -K.SJ. When Jin ge...
33.6K 2K 34
MY FIRST STORY Jimin:17 years, like girls, bff tae Jungkook:18 years , gay, has lot of friends Jimin is a high school student. One day in his cl...
244K 10.6K 51
ā™› "That's bullshit," he growled, buttoning up his shirt without even looking at you, "You just want the sex. Don't act like you care about me." ā™› Ā© p...