The Girl Who Fought

By RSLShift

Ruby Langston was her name. A pureblood witch who navigates her school year at Hogwarts after dealing with a... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Season 1 (4th year)
Chapter 1 - New School
Chapter 2 - Train to Hogwarts
Chapter 3 - Great Hall News
Chapter 4 - Trauma Flashback
Chapter 5 - Blonde Boy
Chapter 6 - 5 Tri-Wizard Champions?
Chapter 8 - First Task
Chapter 9 - Slytherin Amends
Chapter 10 - The Dancing Swan

Chapter 7 - First Task Reveal and Mentor

16 0 0
By RSLShift

Ruby was heading to the Quidditch field with Cho to tryout for the Quidditch Cheerleading team for the Ravenclaw house. They started warming up with the other girls who were trying out for their house cheerleading team as well.

The captains of the houses came and introduced themselves as they went over the rules.

"Hello girls, I'm Mandy. I'm captain of the Ravenclaw cheerleading team. Let's get started. Up first is Ruby Langston and Cho Chang."

As Ruby and Cho stepped up first, they heard cheers from the stand. Ruby and Cho looked to see Luna, Neville and Hermonie. Ruby saw Draco and some of his friends on the side. Draco started paying attention to the tryouts, drowning out the conversations from his friends.

His focus was solely on Ruby. Ruby felt the staring and saw Draco. His smirk became visible as she rolled her eyes.

Ruby and Cho did each exercise and moves as Mandy said and it was perfect execution. The practice at Beauxbatons paid off. The tryouts ran for a couple of hours and then the decision was already made.

"Okay girls, thank you so much and the list will be posted after the first competition of the Tri-Wizard tournament."

The girls gathered their stuff and left. Ruby was walking back with Cho when a voice stopped her.

"Langston, we need to talk."

Ruby turned around and saw Draco. His friends behind him. The one on the left had a little weight on him and short hair. The one on the right was a little tall and short hair as well. The one behind Draco was tall as the boy to the right and had no hair, but this one looked snobbish and high class.

"I'll meet you back at the common room Ruby."

Ruby nodded as Cho left. Hermonie, Luna, and Neville followed, avoiding Malfoy and his henchmen.

"What do you want Malfoy?" Ruby folded her arms and waited for a response.

"Professor Snape wanted me to tell you to meet him in his classroom tomorrow because he needs to speak with you. Something about the tournament." Draco said

"I will then, thanks" She turned to leave...but he grabs her arm.

"How did you do it?" Draco scowled

"Do what?"

"Don't play dumb, Langston. How did you put your name in the fire?"

"I didn't! I never did! If I wanted to die in a tournament, I would've asked. Besides that's a dumb question Malfoy, like anyone would want to compete in a deadly game."

She snatched her arm away from him and walked away. He followed in pursuit.

"I didn’t mean it like that."

"Sure sounded like it." With that, Ruby left and headed to the commonroom.

"Malfoy is getting soft for Langston. That's a bit of a shocker." Laughed the chubby boy

"He fancies her. But certainly has taste." The taller boy said

"Shove off Crabbe and Blaise" Draco sneered as he walked off back to the castle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby got to the commonroom and met up with Cho and Luna there.

"Do you know what the first task is yet?" Luna asked

"Not yet, hopefully I find out soon before hand. Did you hear anything from Harry?"

"No, nothing. He's been acting weird towards me. But him and Ron both are bit in a argumentative matter."

"The look on Ron's face in the Great Hall says everything. But, let's go to the lake. I promised Neville I'd help him get the plants he collecting."

Ruby and the girls make it to the lake and helped Neville with the plant picking. Cho opted out as she sat by the tree. Harry comes in tow.

"Hello Harry, any information about the first task?" Ruby asked

"Nothing yet I'm afraid, but hopefully it will reveal itself later today" Harry said as he sat next to Cho. The two made eye contact and looked away, blushing profusely.

Ruby then notices Neville and Luna. They were standing awfully close to one another and expressing their favorite things. Ruby smiled and planned for her attempts on bringing the two couples together.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After classes, Ruby was walking in the courtyards with Cho and Marlene. She then saw Harry coming towards her.

"Ruby, I need to speak to you privately. It's about the tournament." Cedric was right behind Harry, nodding to Ruby that it's urgent.

"Alright, excuse me girls." With that, Ruby followed the two boys to the side. Harry reveals the first task. Well, what it consist of.

"Dragons. The first task is dragons. Somehow dragons are involved but I'm not quite sure for what." Harry said frantically

Cedric and Ruby looked at him and nodded their heads. Ruby can see the look of fear on Cedric's face but she didn't want to pressure him until telling them.

"Thanks Harry. If I find more information, I'll tell you all." Cedric says.

The group disperse and soon Ruby was walking with Harry. Then a voice interrupted their conversation.

"Why so tense Potter?"

Harry and Ruby looked up to see Draco. Sitting in a tree and his friends surrounding it. Harry rolled his eyes and kept walking. Ruby followed.

"My father and I have a bet you see. I think you wouldn't last ten minutes in this tournament" The blonde haired boy jumped down and walked a few steps to them. His friends followed in the same pattern.

"He disagreed. He think you won't last five."

"I don't give a damn of what your father says Malfoy!" Harry shoved Draco back. Hard. The blonde boy's face retorted into anger.

"He's vile and cruel...and your pathetic."

"Piss off Malfoy" Draco looked up into surprise to see that Ruby spoke to him that way. But he quickly replaced his surprise with a sneer.

"I'll show you pathetic"

As Draco reached for his wand. Professor Moody said a spell that transformed Draco into a ferret.

Everyone in the courtyard roared in laughter as Moody taunted Draco and his friends more. Ruby wasn't laughing. She just walked away.

As she was walking, she bumped into someone wearing all black. She looked up to see Professor Snape.

"Ms. Langston, if you would please follow me." Snape said a he turned with his heels and walked. Ruby followed right behind him.

They reached the classroom and Snape shuts the door. Ruby sits down at his desk. Snape gets some tea and hands one to Ruby. She takes it gratefully and takes a sip. It was awkward and silent until Snape broke it.

"I suppose you know about me helping you in this tournament." Snape asked

Ruby nodded. "Yes, Malfoy said you wanted to see me. And I know what the first task is...well what is in the task."

He nodded. Signaling her to continue.

"Dragons are involved in the first task. But I'm not sure what we will be doing."

"Well luckily, you'll be able to use your wand in this tournament. But maybe adding a boost can help to your advantage."

Ruby noticed a photo on the desk. As Snape went to the backroom. She picked up the frame gently and looked at the photo. Instantly, she figured out the people in the moving picture. Professor Snape and her mother, when they were younger. As Ruby was in deep thought of the picture, she didn't notice that Snape came back.

"Your mother was one of my best friends. She still is today. I haven't seen her much recently. We were in our 3rd year in that photo."

He strides over and sits in the chair. Ruby hears his story of the day they met and how they became friends. A idea popped in her head.

"Did you know my father, Professor Snape?"

Snape nodded his head.

"I haven't talked to him too much. But he definitely loved your mother very much. Everyone loved them as a couple. But Ryan also loved your mother as well. Ryan was a good guy, but don't tell anyone I said that."

She laughs heartedly and nods her head.

"Your secret is safe with me."

He nods his head and hands a potion to Ruby.

"This should help you against the fire. Just drink it before showing up at the location of the first task"

"I will and thanks Professor."

She takes the vile generously and goes to leave the room.

"Ruby"

She looked back and Snape looks at her. The look of worry on his face.

"Be careful"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 6.7K 43
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๏ฟฝ...
148K 4.5K 48
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจ๐Ÿ’Œเญงโ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹† IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
1M 18.6K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
308K 28.9K 67
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...