My White Knight ✔️

By mikywaymidnight

What would you do when the happy bubble you lived in for the past 25 years gets popped? Do you wanna know wh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
Thank You 🖤
Bonus Chapter(Divya's Dad POV)
Bonus Chapter
Lies and Love (Next Book)

Chapter 28

1K 114 97
By mikywaymidnight

Divya

"I don't like her! She keeps staring at me and says mean things about you." Amar said hiding his face in nape of my neck pointing to my dad's mom.

"I don't understand anything he says. I want to pamper my great grandson and he doesn't even talk to me." My dad's mom said and started coming to us and I took a step back from her.

I purposely told Amar to talk to her and my father in English, so they won't understand and bond with him. 

Don't judge me, it's my job to protect my son from all the toxic people. Amar agreed to everything when I told him that we are going back to Andrew.

"Don't come near him, he doesn't like talking with strangers." I told her back with a faint smile feeling proud of my son for coming back to me.

"I am his great grandma not a stranger." She said with a disappointing look at my words.

"To me and him you are a stranger." I said to her with a serious look.

"She has been acting like this ever since she came back. She is not giving me any respect and not fearing me." She kept mumbling at my mother annoying me.

"Why should I give you any respect? What did you do deserve it?" I questioned her and her eyes bulged out in shock.

She thought for a few seconds and opened her mouth.

"I am your grandmother, if not for the relationship you should at least respect me for my age." She said to me and I let out a humorless chuckle at her response.

"Respect is earned and, your age card doesn't work when you are nothing but disrespectful to others. You get what you give, respect me and my decision, let me go and then we will talk." I told her with a proud smile.

"No wonder Jay left you, who's going to tolerate you if keep taking back like this? Your generation girls doesn't know how to keep a marriage going on..." She commented about me and all the people.

When will she change?

"A small correction oldie, I left Jay. And stop blaming girls when marriages don't work out." I gave her a comeback and left not wanting to talk to her anymore.

It's been a 3 days since I am back to India and I've been on a confinement ever since. I feel like a prisoner but I have to pay for believing them again.

My father and Jay are scared that Amaya and Andrew will come and take me away. So, no phones or any electronics devices in the house even for Amar, poor boy is bored out of his mind. But this feels like a nice retreat for him, he is having fun with my mom.

I've been annoying my father and his mom like this to the core by disagreeing to everything they ask and say. It feels really good to say no to them.

Jay came in the day after we reached here and my father tried to send me back to him but I faked being sick and fainted right in middle of the living room.

Me, faking sick was the step 1 of my grand plan to escape. I learnt that Raghu thatha(grandpa) still is our family doctor, who is Shaurya's father. And when he came in to treat me, I explained him the scenario and requested him to apply for new passports for me and my son without letting Shaurya or anyone there know about it.

I don't want their help, I am going to fight for myself this time.  I have to do this alone without Andrew's help. He made me stronger and I have to prove that his girl can fight alone. I can and will get myself out after ruining them.

Also, I have to ruin Jay's reputation completely, so he won't be able to touch any other girl.

"Ignore her comments, She is an old lady. Here eat this." My mom came into my room with a bowl of Gulab Jamun.

"I don't care about her and your husband." I said to her while she kept feeding Amar.

My mom loved Amar and vice versa, she is the only he talks too. My mom was the one who gave me the idea on running away again and has been helping Raghu Thatha(grandpa) on the documents needed for the passports.

"I love this gammy, feed me more." My son said licking his lips and I could see the sugar rush beaming through his eyes making us smile.

My mom bent down to him and kissed on his cheek making my eyes moist with happiness.

"Forget about it, tell me about you, what did you do the last 4 years.." She asked me and I elaborated her our whole story, from me getting on the car with Amaya and to our most recent heartbreak.

"I am so happy for you chinnu(baby). You deserve all the happiness in the world." She said and kissed me.

I looked at my son who's sleeping sound in my mother's lap as she kept brushing his hair. I felt jealous of all the attention my son's getting and laid down on her other leg, while she kept talking to me on what I missed out on all the 4 years.

I missed her comfort, love, voice and warmth.

We all slept together in the same bed like that for the night. By the time I woke up the bed was completely empty and this house was filled with cheer and laughter. I freshened up When I started walking downstairs and found my father going the same way, I completely ignored him and started to walk away when I heard.

"What are you wearing? There are men in this house." He said looking at my outfit which irked me to the core.

I wore a high waist leggings with a beige camouflage tee, I am not even showing any part of my skin. What's wrong with him?

"I am wearing what you are wearing, a shirt and a pant. There are women in this house too, Maybe you should change your clothes first and then ask me to do it. Set a good example for me. " I said with a smirk and walked down leaving him baffled.

I found all my cousins in the house, having fun with Amar. As soon as they saw, they all hugged me and no one questioned me on where I was and what happened. They were happy to see m and so was I.

We all had lunch together and now I am sitting in my  room with Rajiv and Sharmila, my two closest cousins while the others were playing with Amar. I told them what happened and they are really furious with my father and Jay. They even agreed to help me escape from here.

"Divya! Jay and his family is here. They want to meet you." Our maid knocked my door and told us.

I got scared and my palms started to sweat, I don't have any excuse to get out of it now. What do I do? Rajiv and Sharmi held my hand tight, assuring me that they are here as we walked down the stairs.

I saw Jay's parents and him sitting on one couch, my dad and his mom on the other one, while my mom stood behind my dad.

I could feel Jay's stare burning me down as Rajiv held my hand.I looked at his parents, gave them a tight lipped smile, walked to my mom and stood beside her.

Jay's parents never troubled me, they just didn't care enough to talk or ask what's going on in my life at that time. Why are they here now?

"When can we take her back?" Jay's mom asked my dad while I was thinking of ways to get out of it.

I looked at my mom and she gave me an I got you look and I felt relieved.

"The doctor says she is still sick and it's contagious, it might take a few more days." My mom interrupted before my father could say something.

I never told Amar about Jay. To be honest I don't want to introduce them, what should I say remember baby the man who pushed you and hurt you is your father? And he doesn't deserve my son. The only worthy father for my son is Andrew.

"We need her to come back. There is some rumor going on about my son's broken marriage and no one making any deals with us. Our business is going down and some foreign company named ACES corp is trying to buy us out. So, we need to show Divya and Amar to everyone and prove that their marriage is going strong.." His father said.

Did he say ACES?

It reminded me of my son's stupid cult. Is this Andrew's work, I hope it is. Is he coming for me? Will he come for me after what I did to him? I have so much pleading to do when I go back.

"We are planning to host a party for all the clients and show them that all the rumors are false." His mom said looking at me.

"Don't worry, We will be there." My dad announced before I could give them an excuse.

Why can't he be on my side for once? What did I do to get such a an amazing father in the world.

"I want to talk to Divya." Jay said, got up from his chair and came towards me.

My mom held my hand tight not wanting me to send with him. I whispered that it's going to be okay, I can deal with him. I am not scared of him anymore.

I walked him to the front porch, because I don't wannabe in a closed room with him. As soon as we reached out of the house he yanked me by my hand making me turn, this man never changes and it made me furious that he didn't learn his lesson.

"Leave my hand!" I hissed at him with a glare.

"I won't and I want you to introduce Amar to me and my family. It's been 2 weeks since I found he is my son and he didn't even say a word to me. I want my son to talk to me." He told me and I chuckled at his statement.

"I won't introduce you, and Amar is my son not yours. Maybe I slept with someone else like you accused me several times." I said smirking at him reminding him of all the times he accused me.

He just held my hand tighter hurting me more.

"It would be better if you leave my hand, when you need me and my son to vouch for your business to not plummet." I said to him wiggling my hand of his hold.

"Divya! Is everything okay?" Rajiv came to us and asked me.

"Everything will be fine, if he leaves my hand Rajiv."I said to him eyeing Jay's hand on my wrist.

Jay immediately left my hand and whispered.

"All these games will be stopped when you come back to my house. I will see your end."

"Let's see and you can't do anything to me. I am no longer scared of your empty threats, instead you should be scared of me because I can ruin your life if I want too." I sniped at him and walked away with Rajiv.

People like Jay and my father won't change.

After few minutes they all left and informed that the party will be on Saturday which is 4 days from now.

I walked into my room and found Sharmi already waiting for me there on the bed.

"Did he do anything? Are you okay?" She showered me with questions looking at my hand.

"He won't and can't hurt me." I stated and sat on the bed beside her.

"I like this new powerful changed you. Anyway who is Andy? Amar keeps on blabbering about him to everyone." She questioned me.

Andrew would've been proud listening to Amar, Thinking about his happy face just bought a smile to my face.

"Ooh! Someone's happy and in love." She said nudging me with her shoulders making me blush.

I wish he was here with me now. I miss his silly banter around me.

"I've never seen you like this. Tell me about him?" She questioned me wiggling her eyebrows.

Andrew! What do I tell about him?

"Hmm..Andrew is um..Intelligent...supportive, funny, kind, sensitive, romantic, courageous and most of all is not afraid to cry before me. He has a great body, sea green eyes and dimples. Man! Those dimples are to die for. I...I love him Sharmi, I am lucky that he chose me out of everyone in this world "

How I wish I was in his warm hug right now?

"You are talking about a MAN right? Not some personalized robot." She asked me and I laughed at her comment.

We talked for a while and I asked her help to get me the Divorce papers ready.

"Mama! I had so much fun today. But I miss Andy. I wish you let him come with us." Amar said to me while I was putting him to sleep.

If I am missing him so much, no wonder Amar is missing him. They basically glue together when they are with each other.

"I promise you that we will go back next week baby! You can be with Andrew all day and night, and I'm sorry for bringing you here." I said kissing him on his head while he dozed off with a smile on his face.

Phew! That was a small chapter.

Hope you enjoyed the small rebellion from Divya's side.

I am so excited and sad at the same time that their story is coming to an end. Only 4-5 more chapters to go, my dead line is June 20. Let's hope I finish before that.

Personally my life is just Meh 😑 these days.

Thank you so much guys for staying with me and reading.

This song is for you guys.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Toodles

Love,
Sneha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 40.1K 48
Highest Rank: 1 in romance Cover credits: GS_Stella. He was my first love but I wasn't his. He decided not to see my face ever again. So did I. "It's...
4.9K 375 8
[BASED ON TRUE EVENTS] "I want divorce." Prerna declared in her hoarse voice and anyone could tell that she was crying. "What?" Kabeer asked in conf...
2.7M 121K 84
The story is of two individuals Siddharth Khanna and Anusha Singh. Both were gems to their parents, both spoiled, both stubborn, friends adored them...
637K 28.1K 66
#1 in marriage - 6th mar 2022 #1 in India - 1st mar 2022 #1 in arranged marriage - 1st mar 2022 #1 in puppy love - 3rd march 2022 #1 in secret love...