๐ˆ๐๐“๐„๐‘๐“๐–๐ˆ๐๐„๐ƒ | Snip...

By sacredsonatas

Taking on a Padawan Learner was at the very bottom of Anakin Skywalker's bucket list. No, scratch that - it h... More

With Me, Always
Unwelcome Observations
Midnight Snack
Ghosts of the Past
Exam Season
For The First Time In Forever
Roots of Darkness | Part 1
Roots of Darkness | Part 2
Physics
Two Year Anniversary | Part 1
Author's Note
Two Year Anniversary | Part 2
Gone
Oodles of Noodles
Reunited
"The Wrong Jedi" Arc Alternate Ending
Smile Through It All
A Day Off
First Bonds and a Lost Lightsaber
Partners in Crime
Partners in Crime | Alternate Ending 1
Partners in Crime | Alternate Ending 2
Un, Deux, Trois, Quatre, Cinq, Six, Sept, Huit, Neuf
New Beginnings | Godparents
Rewrite The Stars
Smile Through It All | Finale, Part 1
Smile Through It All | Finale, Part 2
An Interesting Game of Spy-N-Seek
Auntie 'Soka
Too Late
Imperfections
Author's Rant
Mosquito
My Sleep Schedule Is Kriffed
My Shot
No Need for Trig at the Pool, Obi-Wan
Burn
Jazzy Tries Making An Edit (Fail)
Long Time No See
Stay?
HAPPY MAY THE FOURTH!!!!!
Shattered Mind | Part 1
Shattered Mind | Part 2
Shattered Mind | Part 3
TYSM FOR 5K! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•
Interesting Dreams You Have There, Snips
Shattered Mind | Part 4
Cosmic Force
Remember Me
Tano-Skywalker
Dear Luke and Leia
Happiest Year
Comfort
For Good
New Friends
Dear Luke and Leia | Reprise
Physics | Part 2
Bonding
Stay Alive | Part 1
Stay Alive | Part 2
10k Celebration!
Stay Alive | Part 3
Jealousy
Quadratics
A Broadway Surprise
Hogwarts
Braiding
Trouble on Tatooine | Part 1
Lingering Memories
Left With No Choice
Stay Strong
Happy Birthday, Skyguy!
Long Gone
Trouble on Tatooine | Part 2
The Disaster Trio
Troubles With Spanish
The Truth | Part 1
The Truth | Part 2
Display of Strength
Anakin & The Ill-Fated Padawan
Math Tutoring
May The Force Be With You
Penpals
Headcanon: In The Bedroom Down The Hall
In The Bedroom Down the Hall
At Long Last, Part 1
Tired
Snow Day

Ice Skating

569 23 27
By sacredsonatas

A/N: in which Anakin has no clue how to skate and Ahsoka teaches him. Fluff ahead <33

***

"But Snips," Anakin whined, "I don't how to skate."

"It's alright, I'll teach you!"

It was a chilly winter morning, the perfect time to visit their local ice rink. Ahsoka had everything planned for the day: she'd (do whatever it takes to) drag her Master to the arena, skate, and get hot chocolate on the walk back. Their warm breath and the steam curling up from the paper cups would contrast beautifully against the cold air. It'd resemble the complex patterns of a mandala. When they returned home, Netflix would be turned on, and they'd spend the rest of the night bonding — not as Master and Apprentice, but as brother and sister.

Her thoughts were interrupted, however, when Anakin continued to grumble.

"But my ego," he huffed. "Imagine what people would think when the great Anakin Skywalker, Hero With No Fear, can't even skate?"

Ahsoka rolled her eyes. Leave it to him to gripe about hurting his oversized ego. "It's fine," she answered shortly. "Nobody will recognize you."

"But people know-"

"No, they won't. For safety and protection, everyone is required to wear a helmet and hockey cage. As long as they don't see a lightsaber hooked to your belt, you'll be fine."

Anakin sighed. He'd once read a book series, where this oblivious boy realizes he's a famous wizard and eventually ends up defeating a dark lord. He didn't remember much, but one character in particular stuck out, highlighted in neon yellow.

Weasley, Skywalker thought. Her name was Ginny Weasley.

The redhead was fierce. Whenever she set heart on doing something, nothing could convince her to back out.

Ginny reminded him a lot of Ahsoka. The similarity between the two of them was scary. Sometimes, Anakin could swear his Padawan was in fact Ginevra Molly Weasley after a Transformation spell gone wrong.

"Alright," he answered somewhat reluctantly, "I'll come."

The Knight was not sure how fast someone's expression could change from irritation to elation in less than a second. "Perfect!" Ahsoka cheered. "we're leaving in ten minutes."

***

Exactly nine minutes, fifty-nine seconds and one hundred milliseconds later, the Togruta was dragging her sputtering master around town, determined to teach Anakin to skate. Living for so long without knowing how to skate? Ahsoka shuddered. Unbelievable.

The recreation centre was grandiose. The ones located near her home on Shili were small; they barely managed to fit two rinks. This one, however, included countless rinks, pools, ping pong tables, cafés, and more. The only time the Padawan remembered being here was when she'd been around seven. One of the nicer Jedi Masters had brought them here on a field trip. They'd all learned to skate- Ahsoka was, of course, the top of her class. She'd been taught before, and the girl was certain that as soon as her skate blades touched the ice, everything would work out again.

Not only that, the Christmas decorations and overall architecture were elegant and eloquent.

Shoot, she muttered. Before I memorize every little detail, we should go get changed.

"C'mon," Ahsoka beamed. "Let's go."

***

"Remind me why I bothered to let you drag me here again?"

The Padawan ignored him. "Size 36 skates for him, and size 12 for me, please," she told the lady at the rental shop. (I have no clue how sizes work, especially in different countries so-)

The latter nodded, quickly re-emerging with the figure skates and presented them to the duo. "Have fun!"

"I won't-"

Ahsoka glared. "Shush, Anakin!" Turning around to face the lady once more, she put on a smile. "We will, thank you!"

***

"Alright Skyguy, let's see what you can do."

Grabbing Anakin's hand for support, the Master and Padawan duo stepped onto the ice, full of proud parents, excited children, and sarcastic teenagers.

"How does it feel?" The Togruta inquired. "Try taking a step?"

Skywalker did as told, failing to notice the sly smirk on the girl's face.

"This is slipp-eryYy!" He screeched, arms and legs flailing as he desperately tried to maintain his balance.

"Put your other foot down and stay put," Ahsoka snickered, laughing so hard her sides hurt. She was unable to resist mocking him. "I'll go get an infant's skater-helper." (what are they called??)

Anakin held onto the walls as if it was his life support. He watched his sister glide gracefully towards the train of skater-helpers, casually flexing a complicated spin or two.

Hey Snips, he thought, stop being a show-off.

Isn't that your top priority every day? Came the amused response. He could practically see her smirking.

Just- just shut up and get back over here. Don't leave me hanging.

***

"Ready to begin living?"

"I have been living!"

"Yeah, under a rock for more than two decades. That's not my definition of living."

Anakin rolled his eyes. "How do I start? Teach me before I regret my decision to come entirely," he teased, grinning in satisfaction as Ahsoka's jaw dropped.

"Listen here, Skywalker," she sneered. "I'm the one in charge today, and you will do what I want. Now, the first step is to put your hands on the skater helper. Try and walk to get a good feel of the ice."

Anakin skated — more like shuffled his feet across the ice — as he moved along the edge of the rink.

"Not bad," the Padawan hummed. Skating in front of him, she instructed, "Put your dominant leg in front of the other in a T-shape, push, then glide."

Ahsoka wasn't sure what she'd done wrong, but her Master falling flat on his face was not part of the plan. "Are you alright?" She asked, rushing over to give him a hand.

The latter pulled her down towards him. "Yes," Skywalker smirked, "I'm fine."

How she wanted to slap that smirk off his face.

"Up. Get up. Now!"

Barely able to keep his footing, Anakin hoisted himself up with his Padawan's help. "Thanks," he smiled. "Now, let's try this again, shall we?"

Ahsoka happily agreed.

Upon entering the rink, they'd seen proud parents beaming at their kids. What they didn't know, however, was that far above them in the stands, sat a grinning Obi-Wan Kenobi at the sight of his family with three cups of steaming hot chocolate in hand.

***

A/N: hey guys, sorry for taking so long to update. Some things happened and my time was, and still is, very limited. So apologies.

Now, because I haven't updated y'all in so long, I'm gonna do some updates on my future story plans for this account.

1. I've been reading some Hamilton fics and there was this one idea I got whilst reading it- so basically, something terrible happens in Alex's life and his internal fire starts fading. It slowly becomes obvious. Jefferson, on the other hand, continues to mirthlessly mock his arch-nemesis as he always does. But when he, too, realizes something is very wrong, he slowly finds a heart (that was cruel in my part) and is there at the bottom to catch Hamilton in the end. Enemies to brothers, not the cliché lovers. (musical, not irl cuz it'd be weird otherwise.)

2. He's after me cuz I'm a Schuyler sister, that elevates his status-

Kidding. So in the musical, istg Jefferson and Hamilton are like siblings who bicker over anything and everything and you can't convince me otherwise. That's also part of my inspiration for this potential in-the-works fic.

3. Story time! So one time I accidentally called my dad "feather" (a deviation from "father",) as you can see, and he got mad. He stormed down the stairs, glaring at me, saying, "how dare you disrespect me?! I am your father, what will you address me by?!" Etc etc. Instead of relieving the tension by saying "dad" like I should've, I just smirked and said, "toothbrush."

4. Yesterday my feather- oops what? 👀 sorry, father- was interrupting me while I was their to focus on my homework so I waited patiently until he was done speaking. So I asked, "hey dad, are you finished speaking?" "Yes." "Close the door on your way out." 😏😏

I find myself very funny.

5. I am very happy to announce that 'Jeffershit' is officially part of my autocorrect's dictionary 😌😌

6. This a/n is getting too long! Hope y'all enjoyed my updates on life as I return to life again on Wattpad.

Gn!

- Jazzy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

423K 8.1K 111
You are Obi-Wan Kenobi's padawan during the middle of the clone wars. After a battle that almost costs you your life, everything changes. Gender neut...
10.4K 300 19
Ahsoka Tano. Padawan of Anakin Skywalker. And a rocky desert planet with injured people. Windu doesn't care in the least about the physical or menta...
339K 9.4K 200
COVER BY THE LOVELIEST OF HUMAN BEINGS @emmycristina_ I've felt very inspired since finishing the Clone Wars to write some oneshots/what ifs about...
5.2K 140 16
Some little stories I have been writing. Mostly about the clones, Ahsoka, and Anakin. Impressive Ratings ๐Ÿ…#1 in captainrex #25 in starwarstheclone...