SACRED REJECT

De Sowunmi16

THEY REJECTED ME and I BECAME SACRED. If only that night didn't come, maybe my family will love me again, ma... Mai multe

ONE
TWO
THREE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR.
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FOURTY
FOURTY-ONE
FOURTY-TWO
FOURTY-THREE
FOURTY-FOUR
FOURTY-FIVE
FOURTY-SIX
FOURTY-SEVEN
FOURTY-EIGHT
FOURTY-NINE
FIFTY (Carmen)
FIFTY-ONE (Witches)
FIFTY-TWO (Ryder)
FIFTY-THREE (Carmen)
FOURTY-FOUR (Witches)
FIFTY-FIVE (Ryder & Conrad)
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY

FOUR

69.3K 2K 243
De Sowunmi16

"You know..... if you show emotions, you might not scare people away" I paused, my fist an inch away from hitting the boxing bag. Ragged breaths left me as my chest heaved from the exhaustion of my body. I shifted my gaze from the boxing bag to the clock on my right side of the wall.

7:00 am.

I have been working out since 4:oo am because I couldn't sleep. They will always haunt me, their voices, and the nightmares. 

I stood up straight to look at Aiden with a blank face.

His light blue eyes shifted to the clock before looking at me with amusement, "All the packs we have trained are scared of you, including their alphas."

I ignored him, removing the boxing gloves from my fists. I stepped away from the boxing bag and walked to the bench where my bottled water was.

He followed and sat down with me, looking at me with worry, "Carmen, did you have another nightmare?".

I looked at Aiden.

He looked me in the eye, " Is it them?''

I answered, "Yes."

He knows how to read me, him, and my adoptive father.

He sighed like he expected it, " You know there is therapy in the pack, but you won't go, and I can't force you. Dad can't force you, either."

I stood up to stretch my muscles, bending backward to extend my abs and forward to stretch my back, "I told you I don't need it."

"There it is, that monotone voice! That monotone voice is the reason why you don't have friends. packs are scared of you." Aiden exclaimed.

I straightened my body and replied, "I don't need friends or anyone to like me. I have you, dad, and Scarlett."

It has been five years since I left Rosemoon pack.

Five years since I freed myself from the abuse and torture,

Five years since he rejected me,

Five years since my scared wolf, Artemis, and I became one, Five years since the Millers found me passed out in the forest, Five years since I joined their family,

Three years since I became the best pack warrior and trainer in the werewolf society and earned myself a nickname,

'The SANGUINEX,' a Latin name for bloodlust, blood, and bloodthirsty,

And Two years since the supernatural world knows about me.

Since I became a sacred being thanks to Artemis, I learned the advantages and disadvantages of my power.

Werewolves have great speed, strength, and eyesight.

But an abnormal existence like myself has more than that.

Aiden has tried to make me less anti-social and less scary. In the werewolf society, my name is known for blood, anger, and fear. People are terrified of me. No one has seen my wolf form except for the goldmoon pack because I don't shift. I fight in my host form. My speed, strength, and eyesight are wolf genes without Artemis' powers.

My nickname reputes in fighting rogues viciously without the use of my beast.

The Millers family trained me to get here today.

My adoptive father, Elder Hunter Millers with Aiden, found me passed out at the border of the Goldmoon pack.

A month since I left Rosemoon pack with no food, water, or clothing. The Rosemoon pack starved me, so I didn't have strength in my body. I was using Artemis's power to travel, and one day I collapsed.

Even though Artemis is a scared wolf, My body is too weak to handle the amount of power she has. Hunter and Aiden brought me in the pack, took me to pack's hospital, and the doctors treated me.

They told me that I woke up one month later. Artemis said my body was too weak, and it was getting used to the presence of her presence.

I was no threat to the pack.

Even if I am, death would be my friend in the next minute.

The goldmoon pack is the superiors' pack in the werewolves' society.

Why?

The elders of werewolf society are the ones who live here.

They make the laws that we werewolves abide by in society.

The goldmoon pack is not like any other pack.

They have trained warriors, and all are men.

The only female in the pack is Scarlett, my adoptive mother, and no, she is not dad's mate.

She and her dad are siblings. Dad's mate died while giving birth to Aiden.

Dad and Aiden didn't ask me for my identity, but they told me I looked lifeless, someone with no goal in life. They sheltered me in the pack to stay, and I accepted since I had nowhere to go. I stayed in the room provided for me with food in front of the door daily.

Artemis stayed quiet during that time.

She told me she wanted me to discover things for myself, To see if the moon goddess didn't create the wrong person for her.

Now, I am thankful for her not speaking then.

The silence was killing me.

My beast was not speaking to me.

She told me that she would always be inside me. I need her to plan my life after recovering all my strength in the pack.

I lay on the surprisingly soft bed.

I guess I got used to my sleeping bag.

I heard footsteps outside the door before sitting up on the bed. I welcomed the person.

The older man that found me, whose name I learned, was Elder hunter Millers.

He looked at me seriously and said words I didn't know would change my life. "Are you giving up?"

I looked at him confusedly.

He continued, "those scars on your body are signs of abuse, you were successful in running away from the abuser, but you are giving up now?"

I was surprised at his bluntness. I knew they saw the scars on my body, even if my sacred wolf succeeded in healing my wounds.

The scars will be left behind to remind me of my past.

" I don't know your story, but if you want to get revenge on him, I can train you,'' He offered to train me, a trespasser who hadn't crossed paths with him after the hospital.

I asked a simple question, "Why?"

He said, "My wife was in the same position as you, although it was her family that abused her before I found her,''

I took the offer and trained with my adoptive father.

He was and still is a father figure to me.

Aiden and I grew close through training, forming a bond with a family of two.

I don't show emotions to them or anyone apart from Artemis, but they know how to read me very well.

They introduced me to Scarlett, who became my mother figure on my birthday, my first birthday, after running away from the rosemoon pack.

Something happened in the rosemoon pack that made me hate my original birthday date.

So, We celebrated my birthday the day they found me at the goldmoon's border.

My first gift was the Millers family adopting me into their family.

That day was the first time I smiled in a long time, a joyful smile. I had family who helped me through my nightmares, A family bond with people.

They acknowledged me as their own.

I was introduced to the other elders apart from dad and Scarlett.

Elder Marley and Elder steven,

Elder Marley and I don't see eye to eye at all.

He made that pretty clear on the first day we met and found that I was the daughter of a beta who couldn't shift.

He always used that to taunt me.

I was practicing the new moves that hunter taught me on the training grounds with a few warriors training on their own when he came to taunt me again. Elder Marley, unlike Elder steven, observes me figure me out.

Elder Marley loves to throw the fact that I cannot shift, not knowing the beast inside me observing him.

"You know ........."

'here we go again,' I thought.

'Can't he just leave me alone?' I added exasperatedly to my thoughts.

I ignored him, trying to recall what hunter was doing before he left to get something.

"........ If you can't shift at this age, why are you alive? I mean, who would want a weak she-wolf who can't shift? I don't understand why Hunter wants you."

I stood straight to take a deep breath and focus on the move. Artemis was fuming, snarling, and growling in my head every second at the elder. I breathe in and out to try and control her anger.

"Carmen, did the moon goddess create an abomination to the point where you ran away from home? I thought your family didn't want a mist-"

He had gone too far.

Artemis was mad.

My hands were wrapped around his throat and lifted above the ground choking him. He looked surprised at my appearance. Artemis was almost in control.

"CARMEN!" I heard my name from Scarlett and Aiden.

I didn't hear them coming to the training because of my rage.

Hands trying to free my hold on the elder, I didn't loosen it and tightened more around the neck.

"Carmen, you will kill him!" Aiden exclaimed at me with his hand on my arm, trying to pull it.

I didn't turn my gaze from the choking elder. I loved the fear he was emitting at my presence. 

"Carmen,"

Hunter stood in front of me with Elder steven.

" Free him. He is not worth it."

''......''

Hunter is right, Elder Marley was looking for a reaction, and I gave him one.

Aiden and Scarlett left my arm when they saw my loosened grip around his neck.

I tightened it again, bringing him to my face and threatening him with a deep and guttural voice, " Next time I am insulted by the likes of you, I will squash you like the bug you are."

I growled in his face before dropping him on the floor.

I looked at Hunter, he was looking at me with questions, and I could guess.

One of my eyes must be showing red color, which means Artemis was in half-control.

I shifted my gaze to everyone and saw fear and questions in their eyes before I fainted.

That day, Hunter and the pack found out about Artemis.

My family was unhappy with my decision not to tell them, but they understood my point of view.

Hunter explained my presence was forcing him and everyone to submit.

My family and the warriors treated me ordinarily and helped me to learn how to work with Artemis.

"Carmen, are you listening to me?" I realized that I completely zoned out in the conversation with Aiden.

"Are you okay?" Aiden looked at me with worry.

I nodded to ease his worries.

he looked at me before taking a deep breath and speaking again

"Carmen, you know I love you, right?"

I nod, not knowing where the conversation is going.

"And you are the second-best that has happened to me after my mother's death,''

I continued listening without stopping him.

"I just want to assure you that Dad, Scarlett, and I love you, and you are my little sister, blood or not.........."

There it is.

Ever since I told dad, Aiden, and Scarlett about my abuse.

Aiden has been reassuring me that he is not like Dylan.

I know.

Aiden and I are like twins, with three years age difference between us.

We may not be related to each other by blood, but we have a special bond like real siblings.

He checks up on me during training or stays with me when my nightmares become unbearable.

Artemis adores Aiden.

She adores our family.

I said seriously to Aiden, "you will always be my big brother, blood or not."

He looked at my eyes, surprised to see the amount of softness in them.

He knows how much I love him with all my heart.

I love my adoptive family very much.

He sighed in relief and smiled slightly, " I love you too, little sis.''

After stretching, I sat on the bench, looking at Aiden seriously, and demanded, " What happened?"

I knew something was bothering him.

He avoided my gaze, looking nervous before fumbling with his fingers and mumbling, although I heard it, "here goes nothing."

"We are training a pack next week." Aiden stared at me nervously.

"Okay," I answered, confused why it took him a moment to say when that's our duty.

I noticed his face becoming paler.

'Why is he scared?' I thought.

He whispered, knowing I would hear him, " We are training them.''

''Who?'' I wondered.

''The rosemoon pack.''

Hello my readers.

i want to thank all of you for adding the book to your reading list, i am so happy when i see notifications about someone adding the book to their reading list. it is very supportive.

okay so this chapter is explaining her life after she ran away and the new people in her life presently. After five years, she has to see her ex- family again. Let's see how that goes for her.

My exams are approaching, so i might update slower.

if you don't see update next week. it means that i have an exam.

please be patient and i will try best to update as soon as possible.

Also write your suggestions and thoughts about the story. this is my first my werewolf book and i definitely need your help in making the book more interesting.

vote and comment

see ya.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
181K 5K 8
*Short Story* It is difficult to stay with the people who look down at you like you are some kind of disease. It hurts when they don't want to acknow...
576K 16.2K 34
I was never appreciated for who I was. I was tossed aside and left to rot for a mistake I made many years ago, a mistake that haunted me my entire li...
5.6M 198K 72
PREVIOUSLY CALLED "My Coldhearted Beta" Highest Rank #2 in Werewolf (Idk how though) ▪▪▪▪▪ "I , Jake Anderson, reject you Lily Kim as my mate" "...D...