Sweet Disaster

By NightTime_Storiexs

When college student Indie finds out her boyfriend cheated on her, she hooks up with his best frenemy Reece a... More

1| Eve
2| Whiskey
3| Gift
4| Complex
5| Name
6| Again
8| Talk
9| Sleep
10| Cooking
11| Hiding
12| Arrogance
13| Daughter
14| Commitment
15| Ending
16| Tricks
17| Detox
18| Abused
19| Rained
20| Shower
21| User
22| Cheerleader
23| Blurred
24| Jammie
25| Confessions
26| Guilty
27| Tolerance
28| Wish
29| Crashed
30| Interrupt
31| Courage
32| Fool
33| Pointless
34| Delayed
35| Reality
36| Epilogue

7| Psychology

154K 4.4K 2.5K
By NightTime_Storiexs

Indie

I looked at the time on my phone and then stood up, which caused Chloe and Reece to both look at me. "Class starts in ten minutes," I mumbled, putting my phone in my bag and walking out of the booth. 

"Indigo." 

I stopped, turning to look at him. 

"Let's go together." He grabbed his bag and jumped over the booth behind the one he was sitting in and walked to me, throwing his arm over my shoulders. 

"No thanks." I pushed his arm off and kept walking. I walked out of the diner, and he trailed right behind me. Chloe didn't have a class then; hers was still thirty minutes later, so she stayed behind. 

"Indigo," he sang, throwing his arm over my shoulders again. "Are you mad at me because I didn't tell you? Seriously?" 

I stopped, spinning around and facing him. "I'm not mad at you. You're his friend, not mine. You weren't obligated to tell me. But you knew. Didn't you?" 

He sighed, looking around instead of looking at me. 

"I'm just curious. You knew, right?" I asked. 

He nodded. "He called me yesterday. He said he wouldn't take you out, he was going out with..." 

"With?" 

"Abigail." 

My nose scrunched up in confusion. 

He shook his head. "You don't know her. I think it's best if we keep it that way." He grabbed my arm and started walking, pulling me with him. 

"Why?" I asked. 

"Because you're angry. And you might kill her?" We made it to campus and he let go of me, gesturing for me to go first. I swiped my ID and I walked in with him trailing behind me. We got to our hall for the psychology lecture and stayed outside, waiting for the doors to open. 

I leaned against the wall and he leaned on it right beside me, his arm brushing against mine. I was staring at the door, my arms folded across my chest. My phone buzzed in my bag and I ignored it. 

Landon had been texting me since this morning. He was acting like nothing happened. But he doesn't know that I knew. 

"Are you ignoring him?" Reece asked from beside me. 

"I told you I would. I meant it," I said without looking at him. "He doesn't know I know." 

"Oh," he said slowly, and I turned to look at him. "What are you doing tonight?" He bumped my shoulder with his. 

"Planning murder," I answered, pushing myself off the wall as the doors opened and the students around started entering the room. I took my seat in the back and he plopped down beside me again. 

"Take out an hour or two for me, will you?" 

I looked at him, a little confused, and a little surprised. Already? He wanted to do it again already? 

He raised his brows at me. 

"Not tonight." 

"Why not?" 

"I'm with Chloe at the apartment tonight." 

"Then come after she's asleep," he said like it was the most obvious thing to do. "I'll even come get you." 

I started ignoring him and pulled out my laptop and notebook. 

"Indie." 

I stopped all movement and stared at my laptop in front of me. I turned to look at him.

"Come on." He smirked. 

"Fine," I mumbled. 

He grinned and opened his laptop. 

Our professor walked in and instead of opening his laptop, gave out a packet to each student. "We're going to work on a small project since the end of the year is coming up. You've just had your finals and for the time remaining, we're going to take it easy. So, we'll work on a project. Everybody, get in a group of four." 

"Lia?" I asked, turning to my left where she was sitting. 

"Jake?" Reece asked, turning to his right. 

Lia nodded at me. 

"Great. One, two, three, four. We're done," Reece said. 

I blinked in confusion, turning to him. "Who said we're working with you?" 

"I did." He smirked. 

I huffed, leaning back in my seat. Whatever, I'd just work with Lia and talk to him as little as possible. 

"All right. Now, later, after this class ends, you all will open those packets. We studied some disorders earlier in the year and you all now have some work to do in regards to those. Each one of you has been given a pack with a disorder and all the facts and things that we studied about them. Without telling your group members what that disorder is, you have to answer questions that they ask. Each member will try to figure out which disorder you were assigned. There is also a list of words in those packets that you can't use to answer the questions that come your way." 

"And there is also a list of questions to ask in each packet. Take this class to decide the order in which you will be asking. And then, starting from the next class, we will begin. Document it, please. Date each class, make notes from each session, and at the end of the project, you'll explain to the class how your group worked it out. Get started." 

Great. So I couldn't avoid him, no matter what. Because everybody had a chance with everybody here. 

"Okay, let's decide the order then," Jake said, turning to face us. 

Reece and I leaned back so Lia and Jake could talk to each other as well and we weren't blocking the way. We decided the order randomly. I would go first, then Reece, then Lia, and then Jake. 

"Okay, how about this— each of us can take a turn with each other. We can all get five sessions with the person, one on one. And that's how long we have to guess their disorder. Does that work?" Lia asked. 

"So, on her turn, I have to meet with her one-on-one, in and out of class to figure it out?" Reece asked, pointing at me. 

Lia nodded. 

"Great, that works." Jake nodded. "Who wants to go first with Indie?" 

"I'll go first." Reece shrugged. 

I looked at him, knowing damn well what he was doing. "We start in the next class. That's on Monday," I stated. 

"But we should start early, right? We've already got it all down." Lia frowned. 

"Let's start over the weekend," Jake suggested. "You can meet her tomorrow. Both of you just take notes of what you're doing and date it. Are we good with that?" 

I sighed, packing up my stuff since we weren't doing anything for the rest of this class. "Yeah." 

"Yeah." Lia nodded too. 

"Yeah," Reece agreed too. 

Psychology had been such a good subject up until this project. 

I stiffened when Reece leaned in beside my ear. "Instead of tomorrow, let's start tonight, Indie. What do you say?" He was only going to call me Indie when he wanted to fuck me. I got it. 

I turned to look at him, not thinking about the proximity. My nose brushed against his before I pulled back a little. "I already said fine," I mumbled, looking away from him and at the packet on my desk. I put that in my bag and then the entire class sort of fucked around, talking until we were dismissed. I wanted to stop at Candy's to get a drink, so I did. 

"Indigo," he sang. 

I closed my eyes, letting out a frustrated huff while I stood in line. "What do you want?" I asked without turning to face him. 

"Buy me a drink, will you? I bought you one last time." 

I took out the cash from my wallet. "What do you order?" 

"Same as you. Iced black tea." 

I stepped up to the counter, placed our orders, collected the drinks, and then turned around, shoving his drink his way. He took it, sipping from the straw. I stepped right to walk around him but he blocked my way. I stepped left and he blocked my way again. "What?" 

"Let's walk together. I need to talk to you." 

I let out a huff. "Why do you—" 

"Indie." 

"That's why," he mumbled glancing to his left, my right. 

I looked over and saw Landon climbing out of the booth he was sitting in with his friends. "Fuck me," I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose and looking away. 

"Later," Reece smirked at me. "You want to get out before he comes here?" He grabbed my hand before I could answer and quickly pulled me to the door and pushed it open, dragging me out. 

"Indie!" we heard Landon shout. 

He held my hand tighter and started jogging. I matched his pace and we were far away pretty quickly. "See. Saved you," he sang, dropping my hand. 

I caught my breath, looking at him. "Thanks." 

"Anytime. See you later." He winked and then continued walking to his apartment building. 

I looked to my right and realized that he'd stopped right in front of my apartment building. I walked inside and went up to my apartment, heading straight to my room. I set my bag down on my desk chair and then quickly opened it, grabbing the packet from the psychology class. 

Narcissistic Personality Disorder. 

I looked through the sheet that had all the characteristics and then the second sheet of questions that I was meant to ask the other people in my group. 

Narcissistic Personality Disorder. 

I had to show this in my answers? I opened my laptop and grabbed a notepad, and a pen. I better research this and look at all my past notes before we started this. And apparently, we were starting that night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 72.3K 40
"You okay there, partner?" he chuckled. Our bodies were centimeters away from touching so I took a step back. A fatal mistake, which caused my back t...
5.2M 148K 73
#1 in Romance, 23rd May 2020 "Precious, I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but you're never going on that date." And before I could pro...
7.3M 190K 44
When Charlotte agrees to fake date bad boy Mason to make her best friend and secret crush, Ben, jealous, she thinks it will be a simple arrangement...
102K 2K 21
"Nobody can find out how wet I make your pussy, Is that what you're saying?" "I don't even know you for gods sake." He laughed, "Maybe not but you wa...