Archon of Time : Zagan (Gensh...

By SixthHaven

While patiently biding her time in the world, Zagan decides that it is time to make her presence known to the... More

Interesting Person
Past
Inazuma
Simple Gift
Distorted
The Archon of Time
Adventure to Experiments
Unsealed
Surrender

Reunion with Morax

1K 25 10
By SixthHaven

//Zaga's POV//

As I lay there floating in the abyss of time, debating on my mortal name.

Zagan "Yeah, I'll go by Chronos!"

I wave my hand clockwise as a hole appeared in the abyss. I poke my head through the hole and slide my way through.

Chronos "Man, It's been since the war that I had a taste of fresh air."

I look down to see that I am at a sandy beach with a crabs scattering across the sand.

Chronos "This Halo may be a problem though."

I try to pull down the halo floating above my head but it slowly rises back up.

Chronos "Hm...Oh I got it!"

I strain my right eye a bit as it glows a dims shade of blue to stop time around the halo.

Chronos "There we go!"

I pull the halo down and tossed it into the time abyss and sealed it up.

Chronos "Alright! Time to find Morax!"

Morax is supposed to be residing in a place known as Liyue Harbor.

Chronos "Well, I guess I'll head there."

I began my walk for the harbor, I came running across a few people trying to start trouble.

Hoarder "Hey you! You look like you're rich wearing all that fur."

Chronos "Hm? Me? Oh no not really. I'm just your everyday traveler."

Hoarder "Traveler huh? Then that means you must have some goods on your right?"

Chronos "Ugh...I really didn't want to get my hands dirty...But as the Time Archon and the God of Death. I shall dispatch you from this world."

Hoarder "Time Archon? HA! There's no-!"

I glare at him as he stopped mid sentence and fell to his knees as he began to turn old and wither away.

Hoarder "W-what have you...done...to..."

He faded into dust in the wind, not even leaving the bones behind. The other two hoarders look dumbfounded as one of there own was reduced to nothingness by only a glare of a mere woman.

Chronos "If you're wondering what happened to your comrade. Then I'll just tell you. I sped up the time around him. I COULD rewind time and bring him back...or what's left of him back. But I'll have to warn you it would be a g-!"

They both charged at me simultaneously. I swiftly dodged dodged their blades and as I got behind them, I thrusted my hands through both of their backs killing them instantly.

Chronos "Grotesque sight. I killed you instantly, this is how death should be, Instant, swift, no pain, no suffering."

I look at my gloves as the blood begins to harden.

Chronos "Darn it, these were my favorite too!"

I walk over towards the ocean and wash of most of the blood on my gloves...well try to, and was back on my way to Liyue Harbor.

Chronos "Huh, it's like a light pink color. Maybe she wouldn't mind."

I stare down at my gloves as I try to wring them out. As I look over the horizon I see boats and what looks like a Harbor.

Chronos "Almost there!"

The sun was beginning to set as I entered the area of Liyue Harbor. I stood appalled by the sight before me. The orange sky as the sun was above the river its...

??? "Beautiful is it not?"

I look to my left to see a familiar face, but very distinguished from others that I've met.

Chronos "It's been a while...Morax, God of Contracts."

Zhongli "Heh, I go by Zhongli now. But what a bout you...Zagan, God of Death."

I feel a twitch in my hand.

Chronos "I go by Chronos at this point in time."

We begin to slowly walk down the docks so I could take in the entire beauty of Liyue Harbor.

Sailor "Hey Mr. Zhongli!"

A few sailors began to wave and call out his name.

Zhongli "Good evening. I recon that the new ships are going to be built in time correct?"

Sailor "Yes sir! And thanks to your preferences, we have made more sturdier ships that should last twice as long!"

Zhongli "Please, no need for thanks. I just used my known knowledge. Come let's continue our walk."

I followed behind him while looking at the sky as it went dark and the stars lit up the sky. Then one by one, Liyue Harbor's buildings begin to light up one by one.

Chronos "Woah..."

Zhongli "Captivating is it not? This is the work of mankind by themselves, without the help of Rex Lapis."

Chronos "Oh so you must know why I am here."

Zhongli "Of course. That would be the only reason for you to enter the world from your own."

We enter into the building named the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. He leads me towards a room with a table and a few chairs. I take a whiff of the air and a familiar smell come to my mind.

Zhongli "Would you care for a drink?"

Chronos "Is that Osmanthus Wine?! It's been so long! Of course I do!"

A slight grin appears on his face as he placed a glass in front of me and poured us both a drink. I took a sip and smiled.

Chronos "Mmm!"

Zhongli "Tastes the same as you remember?"

Chronos "Mhm!"

I took another sip.

Zhongli "I'm surprised to see that you are still wearing the clothes Guizhong gave you."

I put down my glass.

Chronos "But of course!"

I get up and do a spin to show my tiger stripped waist cloth, blue pants, red shirt, and orange scarf.

Chronos "She was the only one that approached me after all, aside from Havria a bit afterwards."

Zhongli "Hm? Where's your Halo?"

Chronos "Oh, you've noticed huh? Well I had to stop the time around it so it wouldn't appear on my head again. Well until Time resumes around it again."

Zhongli "Hm..."

He stands up and walks toward me and examines me. He was a bit taller than me so it was weird of him to squat down and stare into my eyes.

Chronos "W-what are you doing?"

Zhongli "Hm..."

He stands straight up and closes his eyes.

Zhongli "Are you sure you're not overexerting yourself?"

Chronos "Oh me? Well, I'm not the one who had to get rid of the infestation in Liyue."

Zhongli "..."

Chronos "I'm not the one who lost their gnosis."

Zhongli "Hm..."

Chronos "Im also not the one who has to keep a Divine beast sealed underground WHILE I don't have a Gnosis. So the REAL question here Morax is are YOU sure you're not overexerting yourself?"

Zhongli "I...see your point."

I crossed my arms and put on a smug face.

Chronos "So, was it true?"

Zhongli "..."

Chronos "Come on Morax you can talk to me about anything."

Zhongli "Yes, it's true."

I let out a sigh.

Chronos "I can't believe that people actually thought that someone like you died."

Zhongli "Oh, no need for flattery."

Chronos "Morax. You are literally the strongest Archon. Your spears rained down as the size mountains."

Zhongli "..."

Chronos "While I on the other hand...had to go into hiding. Too scared to fight. Too scared to bestow visions unto others. Too scared to give up my position, afraid to be forgotten."

I sat down back at the table and grabbed the wine glass and took another sip.

Chronos "Puhuaaa! But enough about that! Let's just enjoy ourselves for the time being!"

Morax stood in confusion as a smile moved onto his face.

Zhongli "Women really are...confusing creatures."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.7K 2.2K 22
Before Kujuo Sara, there was another, another commanding force that raised his sword and valor in the Electro Archon's name. He who was known as the...
542K 21.5K 25
❝ π™‡π™Šπ™Žπ™ 𝙄𝙉 𝙏𝙃𝙀 π˜Ύπ™π™π™π™€π™‰π™ 𝙇𝙄𝙆𝙀 𝘼 π™‹π™π™„π˜Ύπ™€π™‡π™€π™Žπ™Ž 𝙒𝙄𝙉𝙀. ❞ ― An adeptus freed from the contract of protecting Liyue, now explor...
30.2K 998 14
❝ 𝚈𝚘𝚞 πš πšŽπš›πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πš˜πš—πš•πš’ πš›πšŽπšŠπšœπš˜πš— 𝙸 πš™πšžπšœπš‘πšŽπš πšπš‘πš›πš˜πšžπšπš‘ πšŽπšŸπšŽπš›πš’πšπš‘πš’πš—πš. ❞ Thousands of years ago, the Adepti fought Osia...
46.9K 1.6K 46
"I have... Been through a lot." Lumine frowned. "'A lot' seems to be a gross understatement. You're like a walking ball of trauma. Being enslaved and...