𝑱𝑼𝑺𝑻 𝑭𝑢𝑹 𝑨 𝑴𝑢𝑴𝑬𝑡...

By erensgf0712

"𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 π’˜π’‰π’š π’…π’†π’π’š π’Šπ’•? 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’π’” π’šπ’π’– π’•π’‰π’Šπ’... More

Author's Note β™‘
one || Be My Valentine..?
two || "Is He Your Boyfriend Or Something..?"
three || "Please Don't Stop.."
four || "You Can't Be Serious!?"
five || "You're really going out with him?"
six || "Have You Been Drinking?"
seven || "And Who Can Do It Better Than Me?"
nine || "Take It...It's Yours"
ten || "Yes, Girlfriend."
eleven || "Who Did This To You?"
twelve || "Just Let Me Explain.."
thirteen || "You Never Gave Me An Answer Summer."
fourteen || "I'm A Gentleman Summer."
Fifteen || "F*ck Junior Year!"
sixteen || "Your Friends, Media First"
seventeen || "Front Or Back?"
eighteen || "Welcome, Miss Nolan"
nineteen || "This Dinner Is Going To Be A Shit Show Isn't It?"
Twenty || "I'm Sorry."
twenty-one || "I Guess We Better Make It Memorable Then."
twenty-two || "Andromeda."
twenty-three || "Forever?"
twenty-four || "Who Am I To Keep You Waiting?"
twenty-five || "Did You Miss Me?"
twenty-six || "You Can't Ignore Me."
twenty-seven || "Is This Some Kind Of Sick Joke?"
twenty-eight || "Happy Birthday Summer."
twenty-nine || "You're In For A Long Night Kid."
thirty || "Do You Trust Devon?"
thirty-one || "His Name Is Christopher Johnson."
thirty-two || "Don't Tell Me...You Haven't Opened My Birthday Present Have You?"
thirty-three || "Please, No Sentiments."
Thirty-four || "Fine, We'll Wait Until Graduation."
thirty-five || "Just For A Moment"
Afterwordsβ™‘
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter || The Wedding β™‘

eight || "Cheers To The Beautiful Family."

14.2K 431 289
By erensgf0712

this song + driving + cute boy=😍😍😍

➳♥

Summer's POV

We had gotten on the road at around seven-thirty in the morning. It was two hours and some change to drive from Delaware to New Jersey and Devon wanted to try and beat traffic.

I stared out the window watching everything pass me by. I felt indifferent every time I returned to my hometown. I didn't talk to many people I went to high school with due to us all growing apart.

Of course, there was always the occasional "How are you?" texts every six months, but the conversations were dead before they even started.

"Thanks again for coming with me Summer." He reached his hand out grabbing my thigh, butterflies immediately filling my stomach.

"Of course. I wouldn't want you to have to do this on your own."

His hand strayed from its original location, finding its way farther up my leg. I adjusted myself in my seat, parting my thighs giving him more access.

"Summer." He sang out my name. "You're killing me." He gave me a tight squeeze before taking my hand in his. I had been seeing a different side of Devon lately. He was going out less, and he'd completely cut out spending time with other girls. He was showing me that he had the capacity to take this thing between us seriously.

"What are you thinking about?" He lifted up my hand, placing kisses up my arm.

"How excited I am to see Simon." Simon was my two-year-old golden retriever. My mom updated me with pictures of him every day but they only made me miss him more.

"Didn't he have an ear infection or something? How's that?"

I had told him that in passing a few weeks ago, I was surprised he remembered.

"He's fine now, he had to have drops put in his ear twice a day for two weeks."

"Oh good. How about your parents, they excited to see you?" I blew air out of my cheeks, "No, they're actually more excited to see you." His face lit up instantly. "I can't wait for that welcome home dinner at the Nolans. Victoria always makes my favorites when I'm over." He lifted his eyebrows laughing to himself.

"Could you stop calling my mom Victoria? It's weird."

Once we had both turned eighteen my parents told him he could call them by their first names. I didn't understand it but Devon seemed to love it.

"Never. I earned that right, I won't let you take it away from me."

He glanced at me before turning his attention back to the road, "whatever, how far are we?" I yawned while I spoke, "if you're tired take a nap, we got an hour and thirty minutes left."

Turning my phone on do not disturb, I lowered the back of my seat shifting around trying to find a comfortable position to lie in. Once I had found one, it didn't take long before I drifted off to sleep.

       ...

I was awoken by the sound of repeated barking. I glanced out the window, immediately familiarizing myself with my surroundings.

I was finally home.

When I stepped out of the car I was greeted to Devon sitting on the grass playing with Simon, and talking to my parents.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked rubbing my eyes, although he was too busy playing with my dog to hear my question.

Once my mother spotted me she ran over throwing her arms around me, "we missed you, sweetheart. Please try to visit more." It almost sounded like she was going to cry.

Growing tired of Devon, Simon ran to me jumping on my leg. I bent over scratching both of his ears giving him air kisses. "Did you miss me? Because I missed you." He tried to lick my face and I backed away instantly. "Down Simon, no mouth kisses okay?" He whimpered and pranced off into the house.

"Hi dad." He sat my bag on the ground and spread his arms out ready to accept a hug.

"We missed you kid." He placed a kiss on my head before releasing me.

"Honey, would you bring her bags inside? And Devon will you be staying for dinner?"

My mom had always looked at him like a son.

"I have to stop by my house first, but I'll come by later."

He was already making his way to his car, jangling his keys.

"Take all the time you need son."

My dad waved at him and picked up my bag to bring it into the house while my mother and I watched Devon pull off.

"I heard about his father, what a dick."

"Mom?" I had never heard her say anything like that before.

"Oh honey, you're way too old for me to keep acting like I don't curse. Now hurry up and get yourself cleaned up." She walked past me, straightening her flowers outside before she strutted through the door.

I sighed and closed it behind me.

                             Devon's POV

When I pulled up to my house I noticed there was only one car in the driveway, which meant my father wasn't home. I sighed a breath of relief and turned off my car.

It's now or never.

"Mom? Liv?" The house was quiet and cold, I dropped my bag by the door and walked into the kitchen. "Liv! Are you guys home?" I heard stomping on the second floor followed by heavy footsteps coming down the stairs.

"You're home!!"

Liv ran to me, arms open with the biggest smile on her face. I had always been close to my sister. I owed it to the fact that we didn't fight much, our parents had that covered. Unlike most older siblings I was happy when I found out our mother was having another baby. Our parents had just started arguing. Or maybe they'd been arguing all along and just didn't care enough to hide it anymore.

As selfish as it sounded I was happy I'd have someone there to keep me company when the house was a war zone.

"Hey Livy, where's mom?"

"She's upstairs in her room.....redecorating." Her eyes dropped to the floor. "Redecorating?" I decided it was best I checked on her, see where her head was at. I walked up the stairs and the noise I heard earlier grew louder.

When I knocked on her door everything went quiet.

"Mom? Can I come in?" I wasn't sure what I was going to find.

"Sure honey." I opened the door and I was immediately hit with the smell of marijuana. "Jesus mom. At least open a window." I fanned smoke out of the way trying to lift up the window to release some of the smoke.

"Keep the door closed, I don't want Olivia sniffing around up here." She slammed the door shut.

"How are you doing?"

My mom was stubborn, she would never tell you how she really felt unless she was at her breaking point.

"Everything reminds me of him." She puffed smoke out her mouth.

"So I'm getting rid of it, all of it. From the bed to the wallpaper I want it gone." She threw a perfume bottle he had gifted her across the room, breaking it on impact. I knew she was angry but I didn't know it was this bad.

I sighed and sat on her bed. "Has Liv seen you like this?" She sat beside me, passing me her joint, and I gladly took a hit. "She's not a baby any more honey. I never talk bad about her father to her or around her, but she's not stupid."

I passed the joint back to her shaking my head. This whole thing was a mess. I didn't want Olivia to get caught up in their relationship problems. I was lucky enough to be away at school when shit hit the fan, but Olivia had to live in it every day.

"I'll help you clear all of this stuff out okay? We'll get you new wallpaper, a new bed, anything you want. You won't even remember he lived here." She rested her head on my shoulder, letting out a silent cry.

My heart broke for her, I'd never seen my mom like this, and I hated my father for getting her to this point.

"I don't mean to put this on you. You don't deserve this, you or Olivia." She was now full-on sobbing.

"It's okay mom, you don't have to do this alone anymore."

...

Summer's POV

Devon: I'm sorry I can't make dinner, my mom's not doing well.

Summer: I hope she's okay. I'll put a plate off to the side for you.

"Devon won't be over for dinner so we can start without him." I sat down at the kitchen table waiting for the food to be finished.

"That poor family, maybe I should bake them something." My mother never missed an opportunity to bake someone something no matter what the occasion was. She said she picked it up from my grandmother claiming it was southern hospitality, but I just thought she was being a showoff.

"Really Vick? Oh, sorry your husband cheated on you and got the chick pregnant, here's an apple pie?"

I tried my best not to laugh at my father's comment but he had a point, what was a pie really going to do?

"Then what do you suggest we do then huh?" My mom stood in front of the table holding a tray of baked macaroni and cheese. "I don't know..leave them alone? I doubt Sandra wants a pity pie to make her feel better about her marriage blowing up."

My father had always been a blunt man, he and my mom were always butting heads because she was such an optimist. They were like oil and water sometimes but they balanced each other out.

"Fine. But Summer you have to tell us everything that happens at that baby shower." She placed one more tray on the table before she sits down to eat.

"How do you know about the baby shower?"

Did the whole neighborhood know Devon's dad was a serial cheater?

"Sandra and I keep in touch you know. We are friends after all." She passed me the butter, offended by my confusion. "And Tony has been posting about his new baby all over Facebook, I mean the guy has some balls." My father let out a loud laugh taking a swig of his Iced tea. I had forgotten how much of a gossip they both were, you'd almost think they were enjoying this.

"You two are shameless, do you ever mind your business?"

They both looked at each other for a minute before they burst into laughter giving each other a high five. "You just make sure you mind yours." They said simultaneously and returned to their plates.

I was convinced I was the only sane one in the house.

        The Next Day

Devon's POV

I had spent the rest of last night helping my mother clear some stuff out of her room.

She was serious about getting rid of everything because by the time we were finished there was almost nothing left.

"I see you two are all ready to go." I turned from my mirror to see my mother standing in my doorway with a glass of wine in her hand.

"Drinking alone at three in the afternoon?" She scoffed and raised her glass to me "You make me sound pathetic. I'm celebrating." Her smile was bright as she took a big sip from her glass. I turned back to my mirror and adjusted the buttons on my shirt.

"Celebrating what?" She was in a better mood than I thought she'd be in today. I was glad for it, but it was worrisome at the same time.

"To new life of course. Cheers to the beautiful family." She took another sip before she walked out of my room laughing.

I took one final look at myself in the mirror, fixing the cuff of my button-up.

"Yeah. You can do this."

I grabbed my keys from my dresser and called for Olivia to meet me at the car when she was ready. There was a cool breeze in the air and the skies were gray. It was as if the universe was setting the mood for what was to come. I shook my head and grabbed my phone to text Summer.

Devon: I should be at your house in 10 minutes, will you be ready by then?

Summer: Yup! See you then.

"Ready to go?" Liv asked me slamming my door shut, I hadn't even noticed she opened it. "Yeah, you good? There's no turning back now." She smiled and looked out her window back at the house. Our mother was standing at the window with another full cup of wine.

"It's been too late to turn back." She gave our mother a wave and rested her hand on the window.

"Let's get this over with." I turned on my engine and drove off in the direction of Summer's house.

...

                         Summer's POV

"And you're sure this isn't too fancy or anything?" I looked at my mom through the mirror who was stood behind me fixing my hair. I was wearing a knee-length silk white dress with spaghetti straps and a pair of cream heels to match. "No, you look elegant, perfect for a baby shower."

I brushed off the front of my dress doing a spin in the mirror. I still wasn't convinced. "Remember darling, best dressed and nothing less." She smiled and walked out of my room yelling something to my dad.

I sat down on my bed adjusting the strap of my shoes, trying to think of what jacket I should pair with the outfit.

"Summer! Devon is waiting for you!" My mom called out from downstairs. I quickly scanned my closet trying to find something I liked. I settled on a nude peacoat, grabbed my purse, and went downstairs.

"Wow, You look beautiful." Devon's eyes were now on me, scanning my entire body. I felt my ears heat up as his gaze lingered far too long.

"Thank you. You look good too." I complimented him, brushing off his shoulder. He was wearing black slacks and a white button-up with two of the buttons undone, his hair slicked back for once.

"I'm not sure if I should tell you two to have fun or not?" My mother bit her nails in thought as my father shook his head at her. Before I could call her out, Devon began laughing. I wasn't sure if he really thought she was funny or if it was out of nerves.

"Fun is something I definitely won't be having."

My parents laughed at his joke, not realizing how serious he was. Once we were done talking, we waved them goodbye and I ran to the car excited to see Olivia again.

"I see you continue to take after your mother, beautiful as always." I gave Liv a hug and opened the car door for her, Devon noticing my insult to his father smirked and got in the car.

"Ready ladies?" Devon asked fixing his mirrors.

"As ready as we'll ever be."

...

The baby shower was being held in Rachel's backyard, and her house was massive. There were balloons in the driveway letting people know there was a party being held there.

"There's nowhere the park." Devon sighed in annoyance. The block was full of cars and I began to wonder just how many people were there.

Devon had to park a little far from the house making it a three-minute walk from the car. When we got to the gate the two siblings stopped and stood in front of it before entering. I grabbed Olivia's hand and pushed it open for them.

"You okay?" I asked giving her hand a squeeze. She smiled at me and nodded her head, pulling me forward. The three of us walked around the backyard scanning all of the activities they had planned out. Devon wasn't very impressed but I could tell Olivia wanted to join some of the kids in playing. I nudged Devon and he grabs his arm in pain looking over at Liv.

"If you want you can go over there Olivia, I won't stop you." She looked up at him, eyes wide.

"Are you sure?" He nodded over to the other kids in response silently telling her to just go. She ran off and joined them at a bouncy house. I took Devon's hand in mine and continued to walk around with him.

"Devon!" I heard a voice call out. I turned around to see who it was only to find Devon's father walking over to us with Rachel.

"I'm glad you could make it!" He gave his son a hug but it wasn't returned. He let go, clearing his throat, and looked over at me.

"Summer! You look beautiful as always." I thanked him and accepted his hug. "I hope my son is treating you right." I laughed, assuring him Devon treated me very well.

"Look at how rude I am. Son, Summer, this is my girlfriend Rachel." She smiled at both of us and began to speak.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Devon, your father talks about you all the time." She looked over at Tony and he threw his arm around her shoulder kissing her cheek.

They did look happy together.

"Does he?" Devon asked ignoring the first part of her sentence. She nodded and looked over at me. "I've heard a lot about you too Summer."

"You have?" I almost didn't believe it until Tony jumped in. "Of course! You're family after all!" He joked while grabbing a glass of water from a waiter walking by.

Just who is this Rachel woman?

"Because you know so much about family." The couple looked over at him. "What was that?" Tony asked. Before Devon could respond Olivia ran over, out of breath with two sticks of cotton candy in her hand.

"Here! I got one for you and Devon to share." She handed over the candy and looked at her father not knowing what to say.

"Livy!" He yelled bending down for a hug, except she didn't run into his arms, instead she offered him a monotone greeting and gave the same to Rachel.

"It's okay, I expected this much. I know this must be a lot for the two of you, but I want you to try and accept us." He pointed to himself and Rachel before finishing.

"And the new baby."

"You can't be serious right now?" I could tell Devon was getting tired of biting his tongue.

"Summer can you give me a minute with my kids please?" Tony asked. "Didn't you just say she was family? Or do you just go back on everything you say?" His father's eyes furrowed at his comment and I could feel the tension building.

"No, it's fine. I'm just going to look around some more." I smiled at Devon and Olivia and walked off in the direction of a rose bush.

This place really was impressive.

"Beautiful aren't they?" There was now someone standing next to me reaching out for the same rose I was holding.

"Yeah, they are. I'm surprised they're doing so well." I removed my hand and placed it in the pocket of my coat.

"I'm Tyler, Rachel's brother. And you are?" He put his hand out waiting for me to shake it. "I'm Summer, a friend of Devon's." He laughed and returned his attention back to the flowers. "He must be pretty angry huh? To have his family blow up, only to find out his father was already starting a new one."

I couldn't figure this guy out, whether he was being passive-aggressive or if he was just that dense.

"Of course I was surprised when I discovered my sister was pregnant, especially by a man like Tony Washington. But nothing ever makes sense when it pertains to matters of the heart huh?"

He picked a rose from the bush pressing it to his nose.

"Right.." I wanted to be done with this conversation but I didn't want to be rude. "Well Summer, I'm sure I'll be seeing more of you. Enjoy the party." He handed me the rose and walked off and I could finally breathe a bit.

What a weirdo.

I looked around for a few more minutes until I felt the urge to use the bathroom. The patio door was open so I decided to take it upon myself and look for it.

The inside of the house was just as impressive as the outside. Everything looked expensive and imported. I carefully walked through the halls until I finally found the bathroom.

Once I was done I looked around a bit more, until I decided it was time to go back outside. I stopped in my tracks when I saw Devon and his family sitting in the living room arguing.

Devon's father was livid. Ranting and pacing back and forth.

"I AM YOUR FATHER, YOU WILL SHOW ME RESPECT!"

I jumped, as his voice echoed through the halls. Rachel was sitting by Olivia trying to distract her from what was going on. She didn't seem like a bad person, it was unfortunate she got herself in this situation.

"There he is. Rachel, tell me have you seen this side of him yet?" There was a certain arrogance in Devon's voice.

"Don't you dare bring her into this, this is between me and you." Devon stood up approaching his father rolling up his sleeves. "You brought her into this as soon as you decided to walk out on your family."

He continued.

"Look, if this is what you want fine. But don't blame anyone but yourself for what YOU did. I didn't even want to come here today, but I came for Liv and look at her! She's crying because you don't know how to talk to anyone without yelling."

Their father looked over at Olivia and his face fell.

"You wanna punish mom? Fine. You wanna punish me? Great. We don't have to put up with your bullshit anymore, but Liv?! She's constantly torn between you and mom and I won't let you fuck her up like you do everyone else."

I stepped out from where I'm standing unable to handle the awkwardness anymore. "I'm sorry, I was just coming back from the bathroom." I pinched the inside of my hand punishing myself for walking out.

"That's fine Summer, we're done here." Tony walked off grabbing Rachel's hand and rushes outside. I walked over to Olivia giving her a hug and look over at Devon. There was no point in asking him if he was okay because I knew he wasn't.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that Olivia are you okay?" Her answer was inaudible, covered by sobs.

"Ready to go?"

I nodded my head, helping Liv up, and walked towards the patio door. It was now pouring rain outside, thunder striking every couple of seconds. We ran through the crowd of people trying to find shelter until we made it to the car.

"Well, that was a shit show." I joked trying to ease the mood a bit, Olivia was the only one who laughed at my joke and I thanked her for entertaining me.

"Do you mind if I take you home when the rain lights up?"

I looked out the window and outside was barely visible, it wouldn't be a good idea to have him drive longer than he should have.

"That's okay."

He shook his head and drove off slowly.

...

Olivia had run right up to her room when we got to Devon's house. His mother was passed out on the couch and Dev threw a blanket over her before we both went upstairs to his room. I slipped off my heels and put them off to the side hanging my wet coat on his door. I was drenched, my dress clung to my body leaving nothing to the imagination.

Devon had already taken off his shirt throwing it in a hamper. "I can throw your dress in the dryer if you--" His voice trailed off when he looked up at me. I walked over to him running my hand up his arm and he grabbed my waist, leaving his hand on the small of my back.

I ran my fingers through his wet hair looking into his brown eyes and felt my heart sink. I wanted him more than anything at this moment.

All of him.

"You're soaking wet." He broke the silence, tugging at my dress. I looked down at his fingers that were now brushing up and down my thigh.

I was in agony.

I had never felt this much desire for someone in my life.

"Devon."  He looked at me moving his hands to my hair. "I'm tired of waiting." He tilted his head to the side, eyes still on my lips. "What are you saying, Summer?" He brushed his thumb against my bottom lip.

"Tonight I want all of you."

He smiled wide pulling me closer to him, kissing me deeply.

Passionately.

He bit my lip before pulling away, leaving me wanting more.

"Let's get you out of that dress mm?"

➳♥

END

The moment we've all been waiting for is finally here woohoo!!!🥳

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 3.3K 41
APRIL There's one thing I know for sure: I hate Noah Coin. I hate him. He's the guy who broke my heart years ago. The guy I'd rather never have to se...
51.8K 1.8K 41
ClΓ©o is in her junior year of college. She's sworn of love because she never truly saw it in a positive aspect. It's summertime, and ClΓ©o is ready to...
326 14 36
"I'm sending you to Summer Camp." Sometimes, there are two words that you don't want to hear. Mine is Summer Camp. At Point Lookout Summer Camp every...
1.1K 22 14
"Do you understand that I'm just like you, Mina?" I envy those who are loved. And Dae has it all, the love, the support, everything... There are no...