Animal Cutie (Hunter X Hunter...

By Cute_And_Sweet_Candy

(Y/N) (L/N) has a power that she had since birth. The power to imitate any animals. It would be fine to (Y/N)... More

Information & Notes
Chapter One : Departure
Chapter Two : The Hunter Exam
Chapter Three : Phase One Part One
Chapter Five : Phase Two Part One
Chapter Six : Phase Two Part Two
Chapter Seven : Adventure in the Airship
Chapter Eight : Adventure in the Airship Part Two
Chapter Nine : Phase Three Part One
Chapter Ten : Phase Three Part Two
Chapter Eleven : Phase Three Part Three
Chapter Twelve : Phase Three The Fifty Hours
Chapter Thirteen : Phase Three Part Four
Chapter Fourteen : Phase Four Part One
Chapter Fifteen : Phase Four Part Two
Chapter Sixteen : The Final Phase
Chapter Seventeen : The Assassin's True Desires
Chapter Eighteen : Kukuroo Mountain
Chapter Nineteen : Saving Our Dear Friend
Chapter Twenty : Killua's Family
Chapter Twenty One : Reuniting with our Friend
Chapter Twenty Two : Unexpected Event
Chapter Twenty Three : Heaven's Arena
Chapter Twenty Four : Nen
Chapter Twenty Five : Awakening
Chapter Twenty Six : Gon's Punishment
Chapter Twenty Seven : Innocence and Jealousy
Chapter Twenty Eight : Understanding
Chapter Twenty Nine : Blackmail
Chapter Thirty : Payback
Chapter Thirty One : 200s Class Matches
Chapter Thirty Two : Nen Aura Types
Chapter Thirty Three : Gon vs Hisoka
Chapter Thirty Four : Return of Rivals
Chapter Thirty Five : A Day With Each Other
Chapter Thirty Six : Jealousy
Chapter Thirty Seven : Sick
Chapter Thirty Eight : Falling In Love
Chapter Thirty Nine : Sudden Disappearance and Appearance
Chapter Forty : Advice
Chapter Forty One : Decisions
Chapter Forty Two : Gon's Ending
Chapter Forty Three : Killua's Ending
Chapter Forty Four : Kurapika's Ending
Last Animal Cutie Author's Note

Chapter Four : Phase One Part Two

54.3K 1.3K 6.5K
By Cute_And_Sweet_Candy

~Chapter Four : Phase One Part Two~
~Start~

**********

While the three of you were running. You three slowed down a bit so that you could talk to Leorio and Kurapika.

"Oh, hey old man, what's with the look?" Killua said.

"Shut up! It's better this way!" Leorio yelled. "Plus, I'm not an old man! I'm still a teenager like you guys!" He yelled.

At that time, it felt like the whole world stopped spinning.

"Huh...?" You all said, without Kurapika who looks shocked as well. "EH!?" Gon, you and Killua yelled in unison.

And now, the world seems to start spinning again.

**********

"GOAL!!!"

The three of you yelled at the same time as soon as Satotz stopped running. He looked at the three of you with an amused expression.

(To be honest, I really don't know what kind of emotion he pulled)

"I win!" Killua said, proudly.

"Eh? No way! I win!" Gon protest.

"Nope! I win!" You protest back.

You three kept telling each other who won the race but neither of the three of you admit that they. The three of you turned to Satotz.

"Satotz-san! Please tell us who arrive first!" You said while the two males behind you nodded in agreement.

Satotz stayed quiet for awhile. "...I believe that the three of you arrive simultaneosly." Satotz said.

"Simultaneosly...?" the three of you said in unison.

It took a while for the three of you to realised what that meant and when the three of you did, you all sighed in dissapointment. "Aww! I really wanted a dinner tonight!" Gon said.

"Yeah. I was planning if (Y/N) lose she will buy me dinner, it's like were gonna have a da-" Killua quickly shut up and covered his mouth while blushing furiously. "I can't believe I almost said that!" Killua thought.

You and Gon turned to Killua and tilted both of your heads at the same time. "Have a what?" Both you and Gon said in unison.

"Nothing!" Killua said.

"Okay then, I won't force you to say it." You said, smiling.You were pretty much an airhead and not like to barge into other people's business.

Killua sighed in relief and turned to the both of you. "So what are we gonna do about the race then? All of us won." Killua said.

You and Gon thought about it for a second. Then, Gon snapped his finger. "I get it! How about this...I'm going to buy Killua dinner then Killua's going to buy (Y/N) dinner and (Y/N)'s going to buy me dinner?"

You smiled and about to agree but Killua cut you off. "Hold on, how about you turn it another way around! I'M going to buy YOU dinner and YOU will be the one to buy (Y/N) dinner and (Y/N) will be the one to buy ME dinner." Killua said.

Gon pouted. "Eh? That's unfair! I wanted (Y/N) to buy me dinner!" Gon said.

"Well, sorry! I wanted (Y/N) to buy me dinner too!" Killua said, sticking out his tounge at him.

"No way! I want (Y/N) to buy me dinner!" Gon protested back.

"Nu-uh! (Y/N) will buy me dinner!" Killua protested back.

You watched as you move your head left and right, watching the two boys quarrel. You sweatdropped and smiled. You tap both of their shoulders and they looked at you.

"Don't fight. How about this, I'll just cook you dinner? I can cook pretty well, you know?" You said as you smiled.

The two boys blushed at your smiling face and nodded.

"Great! Now, make up!" You said as you push their heads together, making them almost kiss. Good thing their heads are turned, so only their cheeks were pressing together.

Gon and Killua widen their eyes and waved their hands. Once you removed your hand from their head, they seprated quickly and rubbed their cheek.

While doing so, Gon and Killua looked at each other and smiled.

"Sorry about that, Gon..." Killua apologized.

Gon grinned at him and shook his head. "No, I'm sorry!" Gon said.

You smiled at them. Then, they turned to you. "You know, (Y/N), you don't have to push our cheeks together! We can get along without you doing that!" Killua said, kinda annoyed while Gon nodded in agreement.

You sweatdropped. "Eh? Sorry!" You said as you cutely stuck out your tounge. "That's what I see in television!" You said.

Once again, you're cute face made the two males blush. You didn't took noticed of it and walk towards Satotz.

"Umm...Satotz-san, is the first phase over?" You asked, innocently.

Satotz looked down at you. "No, we have so much more ways to go through." He said.

You smiled. "Okay!" You said as you walked back to Gon and Killua.

Soon, people began coming out of the tunnel, some are exhausted, some are just pretending to be not and some are not at all. You, Killua, and Gon were waiting for your three other companions, Kurapika and Leorio while leaning on the tunnel's wall.

Once the two, Kurapika and Leorio arrived, you were the first one to walked to them, mostly Kurapika.

"Oh, Kurapika-san, Leorio-san, good work!" You said.

Kurapika was panting slightly while Leorio was panting pretty heavily. Kurapika smiled at you. "You can call "Kurapika" by the way. You can call this guy "Leorio" too." He said as he pointed to Leorio, who gave a thumbs up since he's too busy panting to speak.

"Okay!" You grinned.

Kurapika smiled gently at you and looked around. "So, is the first phase finished or what?" He asked.

Just when your about to answer two hands took hold of your shoulders you looked at each of your side and saw Gon and Killua. They were smiling at Kurapika...Well, more like, a forced smile since you can see their veins on their forehead.

"Umm...Not yet, we have much more ways to go!" Gon said.

"And also we'll be borrowing (Y/N) for a while, okay? Thanks, bye!" They said as they dragged you away from Kurapika and Leorio.

You tilted your head to the side wondering what just happened.

A few minutes of waiting, Satotz finally spoke up. "Now, we are in the Numere wetlands. This place is filled with dangerous creatures. Make sure to follow me and don't lose your back at me." Satotz said, without changing his expression. "Also, the creatures here are very tricky. Don't let them trick because once you do...You're dead." Satotz said.

You felt shivers on your spine when he said that. "Even though I can barely understand his expressions, the phrase he said give me creeps..." You thought. "But that's what makes this exam so interesting!"

Then, your thought were interrupted by a voice. "STOP! DON'T LET HIM TRICK YOU!" It said.

It the corner, you and the others saw an injured man. "Don't let him trick you! He's not the 1st phase examineer!" He said and pointed to himself. "I am!"

"He's an another creature here! He let examinees follow him here so that you can all be gulped up by other creatures here! Look at this!" He said as he pulled a monkey-like man who looks exactly like Satotz.

While everybody gasps and was shocked, the only thing you did was...

"Monkey!" You said, happily.

Everybody looked at you. Killua face-palmed and Gon sweatdropped. "(Y/N)... I don't think that's the proper reaction to this..." Killua whispered.

You looked at him, innocently. "Eh? But that's a monkey, right?" You said as you pointed to Satotz-like monkey.

"Yeah...But is that how you seriously react to this? You know what, nevermind!" Killua whispered/Yelled.

"Eh?" You said, clueless of what Killua said.

Everyone then, turned their attention back to the guy. "This is a man-faced ape. They copy humans and love human flesh! However, they're weak." He said.

"Oh, it was an ape..." You thought. "Wait, usually, I can hear the thoughts of any animals but...if Satotz-san is an ape in disguise, I will be able to hear his thoughts but... I don't hear anything on Satotz-san at all..." You thought. "Maybe, Satotz-san is the real examineer..."

People were starting to whisper and finding out who's the real examiner but then, six cards were thrown. Three aimed for Satotz and another Three aimed for the guy.

Satotz caught the three cards in his fingers perfectly while the guy wasn't so lucky. The two cards hit him in the torso while the last one hit him in the head. He fall back dead along with the man-faced ape.

You looked to the direction where the cards come from. You saw a red-haired guy that looks like a...Clown?

The guy chuckled. "I see, I see..." He said. "You're the real examineer..."

"Examineers are hunters. They can avoid or catch my cards if they are." He said.

"So I was right...!" You thought.

"I'll take that as a compliment. But if you attacked me again with no other reason, I'll have to disqulified you." Satotz said.

"Sure." The clown guy said.

"That person seems scary..." You thought. You looked at Gon. "Do you know him, Gon?" You said.

"Y-Yeah. That's Hisoka, Tonpa-san told me so." Gon said.

You stared at Gon, he seems to be scared but not really... "Are you ok?" You said, a bit concerned.

Gon seems to snap out his trace and smiled at you. "Yeah!" He said, assuring you.

Then, you heard vultures. You turned around to see them covering the dead guy. You were about to look closely when someone covered your eyes.

"Maybe it's better if you don't see this..." The sounds like it's Kurapika.

"Why? They're just vultures!" You said.

"This is too brutal for you to see." Kurapika said.

After a few seconds, Kurapika removed his hands from your eyes and turn to look at Satotz. You did the same.

"Please follow me. If you lose track of me, you are not gonna make it to the 2nd phase. Are we clear? Then, please follow me." Satotz said as he started running.

The examineers started running as well as you, Gon, Killua, Kurapika and Leorio. You were with Gon and Killua while running.

Suddenly, Killua felt something. "Gon, (Y/N) let's speed up." He said.

"That's right, we don't want to lose sight of the examineer!" Gon said, cheerfully while you agreed.

"No, not that. I'm more concerned about us being with Hisoka." Killua said.

"Hmm? Hisoka-san isn't doing anything..." You said.

"Now, he's not. But I have a feeling he's going to do something later, I can smell it." Killua said.

"Smell?" You and Gon said as you both sniffed. "I don't think he smells..." Gon said.

"Yeah. But let's trust Killua and let's speed up." You said, smiling at Killua.

"Oh...Okay. Kurapika! Leorio! Killua and (Y/N) said let's speed up!" Gon yelled.

"Hey! Can't you feel the tension!?" Killua yelled.

From the back of the examineers, you can hear Kurapika and Leorio.

"Idiot! If I have the strength, I already reached there!" Leorio said, panting.

"Don't worry about us! You and (Y/N) can go! Take care of (Y/N)!" Kurapika said.

"Okay!" Gon said. "Why does he sounds so concerned about (Y/N)?" Gon thought and widen his eyes. "Maybe because... Kurapika likes (Y/N)!? Wait, what's the big deal if he likes her...? Why do I feel so...I don't know, what is this feeling?" Gon thought.

"Hey, Gon!" You yelled trying to get his attention. When Gon realised what's happening, he widen his eyes and looked at you.

"W-What is it? Hehehe...Sorry." Gon said as he laughed nervously.

"Hmm...Well, Killua said let's go!" You said.

"Ah! R-Right!" Gon said as he ran towards you and Killua.

"What's up with you, Gon?" Killua asked.

Gon looked down. "...I don't know..." He said.

"Hmm..." Killua hummed in thought. "Could it be...? No, Gon looks too innocent for that...Plus, if he do I'll...I don't know what I'll do." Killua thought.

The three of you kept running until you realised that you three just lost the Satotz. "Shoot! We lost Satotz-san!" You panickly thought.

"Hey, Gon, Killua-!" You said but realised that the two of them are in deep thought. "Gon? Killua?" You said.

They widen their eyes when they realised they've been spacing out. "What is it, (Y/N)?" They said in unison. Then looked at each other, intensily.

"Umm...We just lost Satotz-san..." You said, fiddling with your fingers.

They looked at you at suprised. "What!?" Gon and Killua yelled.

You nodded. Killua face-plamed at his own stupidity. "How can I forgot about we were following an examineer!" He said.

"Hey, don't worry! If we keep moving, we can find the examineer quick!" You said, cheerfully.

"Yeah!" Gon aggreed. "Let's go!" You and Gon said.

Killua sweatdropped and followed you two. "You both are such optimist..."

But just then, the three of you stopped running. You felt something and Killua and Gon did too.

Then, the groud gave away, making the three of you fall into a hole. You realised it was a frog who swallowed the three of you.

You three stayed inside the frog for a second and Killua was about to kill the frog from the inside but luckily, you were holding him back and so is Gon.

Then, finally, the frog puked the three of you out and walk away. You three were covered in Frog puke.

"Ehehe...I guess he didn't like the taste of us..." Gon said, laughing.

"Nah, it's this." Killua said as he took out a familiar orange can.

"Ah! The expired juice from Tonpa-san!" You pointed out.

"'Expired'? Did you really thought that this juice is expired? It's filled with poison you know!" Killua said. "Plus, how can an orange juice expire?" Killua said.

"Ah, you're right." You and Gon said.

Killua grunt in annoyance. "Whatever. Either way I could've escaped if it weren't for (Y/N) who was trying to stop me." Killua said.

"Well, I need to! That's a frog you know! I can't let you hurt a poor frog!" You defended.

"Hmph. It's just a stupid frog..." Killua muttered.

The three of you sat up and about to ran again when you noticed Gon has an concerned face. "Gon, what's wrong?" You asked him.

"Ah, I'm just worried about Leorio and Kurapika..." He said.

"Now that you mentioned it...I'm starting to worry too..." You said, concerned.

Killua looked at both of you behind his shoulder. "Forget about them. They'll survive." He said and ran off.

You and Gon were about to follow when Gon stopped. "I can feel them! I'm worried about them! I'll go look!" He said.

Killua looked behind him and watch.

"Ah! Gon! Wait! I'll go with you!" You said and Killua widen his eyes and ran to you.

Just when you were about to follow Gon someone grabbed your wrist. You turned around to see Killua holding your wrist with his eyes being covered by his bangs.

"...You should let him go alone now..." Killua muttered but enough for you to hear.

"Huh? Why? What if Gon ran into trouble?" You said.

Killua gritted his teeth. "Then, Gon will surely do something about it!" He yelled as he looked up to you. "Don't you trust Gon?" He asked.

You widen your eyes and looked down, guilt washing over you. "I do...Sorry..." You said. "That's right...If Gon rans into trouble, he will do something about it. He looks confident on finding Kurapika and Leorio too, I guess I should stop worrying about him." You thought.

You smiled at Killua. "Thanks for assuring me Gon will be good!" You said. "And sorry too, I don't really want to be seperated from my first friends too like you Killua!" You said.

Killua blushed and look away. "W-Well, if both you and Gon got in trouble I'll take responsibility and I don't want that so..." He said as he trail off.

You laughed at him as he blushed harder and looked away again. "I wonder why I feel so...Dissapointed just to be her friend? Isn't that what others will say?" Killua thought.

"A-Anyway! Let's go!" Killua said, dragging you by the hand he's holding.

"U-Uwaah! Killua not too fast! I'm not prepared yet!" You said as you stumbled a bit. "Plus, why do we need to hold hands?" You asked, catching up with Killua's pace.

Killua blushed and looked away from your direction. "...S-So we can't get lost..." He said.

You beamed at him. "Oh, okay then!" You said, happily as you hold his hand back and little tint of pink appeared on your cheeks.

Ba-dump

"Huh...? Did my heart just skipped a beat...?" You thought as you widen your eyes. "I-I guess that's nothing..."

**********

After a while of running, you and Killua finally found Satotz and the other examineers. You and Killua followed Satotz to the second phase.

Once you both reached there, you instantly looked around for anyone you know.

"That's strange...Gon, Kurapika and Leorio's not here yet..." You said.

"Let's wait a little longer, the second phase starts at 12:00." Killua said.

"You're right! Let's go sit there!" You as you pointed to a tree.

You walked over to it and sat down while Killua shrugged and walked to you and sat down beside you.

***********
~End~
***********
A/N :
Hai! I'm finished! Whew! That took longer that I expected! Good thing I'm in the mood to write this morning! Yes, it's morning here in Japan so Good Morning!!! Anyway, I'll add some more Gon and Kurapika moments later!
**********
New awesome people that got candies today :

• ndfootball09
• BandsAnimeChaos
• kiersten97

Thank you very much!!!
**********

**Please Wait Patiently for Chapter Five**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

365 23 9
Hunters exist to perform all manner of dangerous tasks like capturing criminals and bravely searching for lost treasures in uncharted territories. Tw...
16.5K 400 25
After a terrible incident occurred when she was younger, it has left her with most of her childhood memories gone. But that doesn't mean she won't ge...
1.5M 48.5K 73
Korudo is a 12 year old girl who has grown up in a world of mistrust. She covers her trauma with jokes, and teasing. She can't take anything seriousl...
311K 8K 30
Y/N is from a small no nothing town and over hears about the Hunter's Exam. And so,she takes it. She meets Gon,Kurapika,Leorio and Killua...and has a...