Joyce, My Love ~ Sirius Black

By deadbr0therlov3r

⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻ ᴸᵉᵗ ᵐᵉ ᵗᵃᵏᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᵒʷⁿ ⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻ 'ᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᴵ'ᵐ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵗᵒ ⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻ ˢᵗʳᵃʷᵇᵉʳʳʸ ᶠⁱᵉˡᵈˢ ⁻⁻⁻ ᴺᵒᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ⁱˢ ʳᵉᵃˡ ⁻⁻ ᴬⁿ... More

• ᴊᴏʏᴄᴇ, ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ •
• ᴄᴀꜱᴛ •
• ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ •
• ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ ɪɪ •
• ᴏɴᴇ •
• ᴛᴡᴏ •
• ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ •
• ꜰᴏᴜʀ •
• ꜰɪᴠᴇ •
• ꜱɪx •
• ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ •
• ᴇɪɢʜᴛ •
• ɴɪɴᴇ •
• ᴛᴇɴ •
• ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ •

• ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ ɪ •

792 19 1
By deadbr0therlov3r

PROLOGUE 1
" the beginning „

  "IT'S OK my love," Euphemia cooed at her only daughter. James was the better sleeper out of the two although Jocelyn was better when conscious. Jocelyn had suffered from night terrors since she was an infant, as she grew up Fleamont and Euphemia assumed she would get better at sleeping, although that was very much the opposite.

Her nightmares got more personal and more realistic, making it even harder for Jocelyn to sleep and as a result, her parents.

Jocelyn finally stopped shaking and Euphemia slowly backed away from her daughter's pink room. She stopped to check on James, who was snoring softly, something he had gotten from his father. She smiled softly, realising how quickly they grew up.

She looked around his red and orange room, which was unevenly covered with Quidditch posters. At the age of 9, Jocelyn started complaining about how sexist and biased their rooms were based on their decorations, in response, Fleamont sighed and quietly prayed she wasn't a Ravenclaw.

And his prayer would soon be answered because as soon as Euphemia fell back asleep, it was the twins 11th birthday. Feeling as if she had been asleep for 10 minutes, she was awoken suddenly by a BOOM.

"UGH!"  Euphemia spat loudly. Both twins, scurried back to their separate rooms, snickering quietly. Whilst James was waiting for his mum to storm into his room irritatedly, he stared up at his poster-covered room, he felt that tingly, giddy feeling he only felt when his dad took them to Quidditch matches.

Jocelyn felt quite the opposite, she didn't have trouble making friends, no, not at all. Keeping them however was an issue. She stared up at her pink ceiling, going over the events that could take place over the next 24 hours. Jocelyn began to overthink.

James could get the letter and he could go without her. "That's ridiculous," she scoffed quietly to herself, what if they both go but he makes friends instantly and leaves her for his friends and he completely forgets their siblings until they go home and that happens over and over again until they graduate. And by that time James would've had like 18 girlfriends and 100s of friends and be well known and have amazing grades and... "stop," she whispered again.

She knew it was absolutely absurd and none of that could happen, then why did it still make her nervous?

"Jocelyn?" her mother finally spoke, breaking her out of her panicked mindset.

"Oh, hiya, mum," "Darling, you mustn't overthink." She spoke as if she read her daughter's thoughts, "Muuuum," Jocelyn whined.

Her mother gave her a stern look but it quickly changed to a sympathetic one."I know you're nervous," Jocelyn groaned in anticipation from the lecture, she had heard about a thousand times.

"Just listen, will you? Hogwarts is a place for everyone, whoever your friends with- and don't argue with me, you will make friends. They will love you and if they don't, they were never your friends to start with. Understand me?" Jocelyn stared at her mother with gratitude.

"You and your brother will stick together. No matter what. Or, you'll be getting a howler from me, ok?" Jocelyn stayed quiet for a moment, not realising it wasn't a rhetorical question, "ok?" Her mother repeated. She nodded.

Her mother stood up and gently placed a white envelope on the wooden desk in the corner of Jocelyn's room.  She glided towards her only daughter once more, "I'm so proud of you," she whispered as she pulled the now eleven-year-old's face into her elderly hands. She placed a light kiss on the top of the girls head, and with a small wink, she closed the painted door behind her.

She stopped for a moment, knowing exactly what her mother had just placed on her desk. Her eyes widened, as she hesitantly walked towards the table, walking as if it was about to explode, she took the envelope in her hands.

A glassy, deep red Hogwarts stamp sat there, staring up at the anxious girl. She peeled it carefully, anticipating the contents inside. It read:

***

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Headmaster: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Miss Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall 

***

She blinked rapidly,  she did it. 

"JOSS!" A charcoal-headed boy ran in, out of breath, hanging onto the painted door of the girl's room for support. His eyes widened at the sight of the white envelope she was grasping.

With no warning whatsoever, James pounced on his younger sister in excitement. Squeezing her as tight as he can, she heard him quietly exhale, "Thank merlin."

Jocelyn looked at her twin brother questionably, as the siblings let go of each other, "I was kind of freaking out a little," he rubbed his neck awkwardly, "I was worried that one of us wouldn't get in and then...it's stupid I know." She stared at him in awe. James and Joss were similar in many ways, their hair, their bad eye-sight, their love for practical jokes and their stubbornness. But she often forgets that not only was James her best friend, he was her big brother.

"Joss?" He waved his hand in front of her face, as she blinked rapidly. "Thought we lost you there for a sec-" James was cut off by his sister hugging him, once again. "Happy birthday Jamesie,"  she whispered delicately,  as James relaxed and placed his hands around his twin, "Happy birthday Josie."

Little did either of them know, their parents were watching closely outside the painted door, holding each other closely, looking upon their children lovingly.

  THE POTTER twins held onto their parents tightly as they apparated to one of the most useful and magical places in London.

"Alright," Euphemia crouched down to look her children in the eyes. "Your father and I are trusting you both to behave and co-operate, Okay? We have some things to do, so no funny business. We don't have time to run back and save the alley from a gigantic squid you two released."

"And don't make us go bankrupt," Fleamont added. They handed a couple of galleons to their children, instructed them where to meet them after and left their kids, hoping that their mischievous twins won't set the entire alley on fire.

"Ok," the younger twin sighed, "James, I think we should get fitted for the uniform first and the first person who finishes has to go get the quills, deal?" "Yeah," he agreed, "but no messing around. You can't make sure you finish last or whatever."

They both agreed and walked towards Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions. Both twins admired the scenery. The bright, warm colours shined iridescently as different objects and animals flew throughout the blue and white sky.

The signs of different and unique shops showed more personality and colours than anything anyone had seen before.

Diagon Alley was filled with eccentric and unrepeatable people and creatures. People wore witch hats that reached up to the roofs of the different shops and wore long robes that would only be suitable for walking down a wedding aisle.

Walking into Madam Malkins, there were wizarding robes everywhere, with different types of scissors and measuring tape flying across the wooden ceiling. A small house-elf, resembling a hair-less cat with large, purple cat-eyed spectacles came forward and ushered the girl away from her brother, muttering the house-elf screeched, "1st years thinking it's socially acceptable for girls and boys to be measured next to each other, in the same room, how inappropriate!"

James chuckled at his little sister being pushed behind a deep purple curtain as he stood on a wooden box in front of a mirror that covered the entire wall, whilst a house-elf started measuring his arms.

James glanced at the boy next to him, as the boy grinned mischievously at the house-elf, who was measuring his muscular legs.

The boy had black pampered hair that rested just above his chin. His hands were covered in black steel rings that complemented his expensive robes perfectly. He stood tall, with a handsome grin slapped on his face. His flawless white teeth shined as his head was tilted up in pride. He looked so familiar as if a long lost cousin or something. James looked away, hoping it didn't look as if he was staring.

Looking down in embarrassment, James caught a glimpse of a Hiccough Sweet in this mysterious boy's hand. James elbowed the boy next to him and signalled to pass him a sweet.

He placed a sweet in James's hand hesitantly. James cleared his throat, "Excuse me?" he asked with a sickeningly sweet voice, "May I have a drink of water? I am simply parched," He grinned comfortingly.

The house-elf hurried and passed him a glass of water, James took a soft sip and acted as if he was disgusted.

He slipped the sweet in the clear, sparkling water. The liquid fizzled and turned a bright magenta and then slowly slipped back into its original colour.

"I'm so sorry, I was recently sick," He smiled, "And I think my taste buds are still off a tiny bit, can you taste it for me?" He glanced at the boy next to him, who looked as if he was out of words, "It's all right if you don't want to, I completely understand."

The house-elf quickly took the glass off of James and took a sip. There was a beat of silence until the house-elf broke the quiet with a large and high hiccup, followed by multiple mini ones.

The boys broke out in laughter, "That was bloody brilliant!" The boy started to catch his breath as he stretched out his hand, "I'm Sirius," "I'm Ja-"

"James!" Sirius's eyes followed a young girl, with unruly dark hair that bounced as she stomped towards the boy next to him.

Her eyes were amplified by circular, silver glasses that were almost identical to the boy next to Sirius, making her charcoal pupils shine. She stood tall and arrogant with a stern yet playful smile on her enticing face.

"I can't believe you stole one of my Hiccough sweets," she paused looking at the house-elf who was hiccuping intensely.

"And made a poor house-elf eat it!" she hissed quietly, making sure no one around them heard.

"I didn't make her eat it, she drank it willingly," he smiled proudly. His sister's face slowly turned from serious to confused. Her expression melted and she hit him on the arm, "You stole my trick!"

"I borrowed it, there's a difference, dear sister," Sirius watched as the siblings bicker.

He found himself comparing the two to him and his own brother, Regulus. They were never like that. They didn't really share jokes and they didn't hit each other playfully. Either of them would jump out of their skin if a hand came flying anywhere near them.

They were pretty much opposites, him and his brother. But the pair in front of him, you could tell they were close.

"Anyway, as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted," James turned back to Sirius, "I'm James and this is my little sister, Jocelyn." The girl rolled her eyes and stuck out her hand for Sirius to shake. "Only by 11 minutes," "Best bloody 11 1/2 minutes of my life".

"Sirius," he introduced himself, "That prank was quite impressive, I'm definitely gonna use it again," He replied as he shook the girl's gentle hands.

The girl walked over to the counter gave the cashier a piece of paper and some galleons. The trio walked outside the shop. "Well remember to give the Potter twins some credit," she smiled.

Sirius's cool demeanour disappeared almost instantly, "SIRIUS!" a shrill voice came from across the alley.

A tall skeleton-like woman glided towards the 3 pre-teens.

She had a tight bun that looked as if it was pulling the corners of her face painfully. Her green long robes travelled behind her like a pet snake, whilst her boney, pale hands clutched a much younger boys shoulder tightly.

Her elderly face was permanently stuck like she was sucking on a three-week-old lemon.

Once she reached the three, she grasped Sirius's ear and pulled it to turn him around.

The lanky, skeleton-like woman crouched down to reach her son's height. She seethed and hissed in the boys face threateningly.

Jocelyn caught the eye of the younger boy, who had a single tear rolling down his stone-cold face. She smiled sympathetically.

"What on earth?" The twins' heads snapped behind them to see their parents, speed walking towards them. Once they came up to their children, all people over the age of 18 stiffened.

"Hello," the woman said fakely, "Walburga," Fleamont nodded, "One of your boys starting Hogwarts this year?"

The twins had never seen their father so insincere. "Mmhm," the woman nodded timidly, "You?" Fleamont placed a hand on both of his children protectively, "Yes, both of them."

The bare-boned woman looked down through her cheekbones and stared blankly at Jocelyn and James, who stared stubbornly back. "How delightful," she said sarcastically, "Come on children," She ushered Sirius and the boy away.

Sirius looked over his shoulder hesitantly, to see all the Potters staring at him. He smiled at James and subtly winked at Jocelyn.

"I think it's best if we stay with you two," Euphemia looked at her husband, looking for him to agree.

He let out a "Hmph," in agreement and picked Jocelyn up, who let out a girly squeal as he put her on his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

James and Euphemia chuckled as they went along their business. Secretly, both twins hoped they would see the mysterious boy again.

A NOTE FROM ME :)
• oop there's a prologue part 2
• I promise it will get better
• Be safe everyone, have a good week and be nice to everyone (including yourselves)
• ugh I can't decide if I want Euphemia to be my mum or my milf. anyway lolz...
<3

2333 story word count •

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 109K 52
Being reborn into a completely different timeline seems a bit impossible, isn't it? but things aren't always as it seems. [cringe warning] [james po...
25.8K 698 26
"𝐈'𝐦 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐅𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭...
2.1K 71 33
A marauders fanfic? A marauders fanfic with a HAPPY ENDING? *le gasp* // hand knitted beanies + shitty drawings+ inheriting a coffin + cherry tarts...
75.5K 1.5K 23
So I recently started to read soulmate era stories and that lead to poly stories somehow. I really like them and apparently lots of other people do t...