The escapee - Marvel

By Br3adst1ck

Fourteen-year-old Seven has spent her entire life imprisoned in the HYDRA and Red Room facility, experimented... More

Chapter 1 - Alone in New York
Chapter 2 - Peter Parker
Chapter 3 - Identity crisis
Chapter 4 - Who are the avengers?
chapter 5 - Crashing the meeting
Chapter 6 - Mind Games and Nicknames
Chapter 7 - Trapped in the cell
Chapter 8 - Trust
Chapter 9 - Flashback
Chapter 10 - "Magic"
Chapter 11 - The black widow recreation project
Chapter 12 - Important meetings
Chapter 13 - Becoming a mother
Chapter 14 - Hot & cold
Chapter 15 - Relief
Chapter 16 - The facility
Chapter 17 - "Natalia"
Chapter 18 - "Basically Peter's mom"
Chapter 19 - The necklace
Chapter 20 - Late night talks
Chapter 21 - Trip to SHIELD
Chapter 22 - "It's you"
Chapter 23 - Another mission
Chapter 24 - Shadow
Chapter 25 - Death wish
Chapter 26 - "Romanoff or Rogers?"
Chapter 27 - Parties and planning
Chapter 28 - "Screw this"
Chapter 29 - Ballet routines
Chapter 31 - Exposed
Chapter 32 - An eventful patrol
Chapter 33 - Unusual activity
Chapter 34 - "Midtown school of science and technology"
Chapter 35 - Red Room facility
Chapter 36 - The aftermath
Chapter 37 - The lesbians and their dog
Chapter 38 - A gut-wrenching ache
Chapter 39 - "He's dying"
Chapter 40 - A new side to Romanoff
Chapter 41 - "She was a pretty everything"
Chapter 42 - awakening
Chapter 43 - unlikely relationship advice
Chapter 44 - bright neon orange
Chapter 45 - The fake name
Chapter 46 - Thomas, Parker, and Thompson.
Chapter 47 - "Ned wants to know your star sign"
Chapter 48 - The truth, the fight, and the recompense.
Chapter 49 - Cookies
Chapter 50 - Rooftops
Chapter 51 - The changes fall brings
Chapter 52 - More than a crush
Chapter 53 - A really shitty day
Chapter 54 - Drenched
Chapter 55 - Fifth period geometry
Chapter 56 - "Welcome home"
Chapter 57- Pessimism Vs Realism
Chapter 58 - Ivan's idea of a practical joke
Chapter 59 - The red room
Chapter 60 - The motherland
Chapter 61 - Grey hairs and great peripheral vision
Chapter 62 - Grief that swallows you whole
Chapter 63 - Funerals
Chapter 64 - The older widows
Chapter 65 - Time
Chapter 66 - Happiness? Disappointment? Longing?
Chapter 67 - "Who is she, anyway?"
Chapter 68 - Tea
Chapter 69 - December
Chapter 70 - Opal Abbott, Fanny Longbottom, and Toby Grey,
Chapter 71 - Casino
Chapter 72 - Notebooks & love confessions.
Chapter 73 - Unfinished business.
Chapter 74 - A death in the family
Chapter 75 - "Blondes have the most fun"
Chapter 76 - "It's complicated doll, I am sorry."
Chapter 77 - Broken wi(n)dows
Chapter 78 - for the window.
Chapter 79 - "I don't know, something went wrong."
Chapter 80 - Yelena
Chapter 81 - "Puppy Patrol"

Chapter 30 - Fake plants

20.3K 647 216
By Br3adst1ck

A.N: I actually never thought I would get this far with this story. Originally I planned to write eighteen chapters and then maybe not even post it. If you've read this far and don't hate it then I appreciate you very much.  <3

--------------------

Natasha wandered down the dim hallway towards the kitchen but slowed down when she could see light coming from the living room. She came to a stop and stood at the doorway between the hallway and the living room and watched as her daughter danced directly in front of her, not even noticing her presence.

She saw herself in Seven, completely in her own world as she moved so gracefully, hitting every move with everything she had. Natasha felt herself tearing up as the dance ended and she noticed that Seven was zoning back in after dancing, just as she always does.

Before she could say anything the elevator dinged, making both teenagers jump and Seven immediately tensed up, watching the doors open. Natasha saw her relax when she realised it was just the team, one of which was very drunk.

After a minute Seven did a few more pirouettes for them and they left, walking into the kitchen so they could go back to their bedrooms, presumably to sleep.

 "You were really good by the way" Natasha heard Peter say,

"Oh, that wasn't that hard, to be honest, I could have been sharper on the turns" Seven replied and Natasha frowned, she realized Seven was being as hard on herself as she always had been, always striving to be as good as possible.

The difference was that Natasha never had anyone to reassure her, or even tell her that she was enough. She wouldn't let her daughter fall into the same self-deprecating spiral she had lived through.

"Oh come on Seven, that was amazing" Natasha stepped out from where she was watching and Seven and Peter immediately turned to face each other after seeing what Natasha was wearing. They communicated with their eyes, having a full non-verbal conversation before turning back to face Natasha.

"Were you watching me the whole time?" Seven asked nervously, they were told how much of an amazing dancer the black widow was and now that she knew that they were talking about her mother, she really didn't want to disappoint her.

"Yeah," Natasha shrugged, "I came to get water and I didn't want to interrupt you. You were seriously amazing, that was my favourite one too"

"The routine?" Seven asked

"Yeah, we did it when I was fourteen and I still remember it, as much as I hated it then it is incredible"

"I learned it two years ago but you know how it is, we aren't allowed to forget dance routines," Seven said and Natasha nodded, recalling that fact very clearly.

"Natasha?" Peter asked, "Isn't your bedroom that way?" He grinned and pointed to the kitchen.

"Yeah?" Natasha said slowly, not seeing his point.

"Oh yeah," Seven smiled, "Then why were you coming from that direction?" 

"I was just talking to Steve" She replied nonchalantly,

Seven glanced at Peter and they both widened their eyes before looking back. They both knew she was lying but she didn't know they knew she was lying.

"So why are you wearing his clothes?" Seven asked, cocking her head.

"Because someone forced Steve to spill wine all down me in a futile attempt to get us together" Natasha glared at Peter and he chuckled nervously under her intimidating look.

"Okay sure mom, but where are you going after you get your water?" Seven asked knowingly.

"Well back to Steve's room bu-"

"Hmmmmm" Peter and Seven both simultaneously looked at each other and smirking.

"BUT, I'm only going back there because he wanted water too, plus we're in the middle of a conversation" She folded her arms and the teenagers backed down knowing she wouldn't admit what they had obviously been doing.

"Alright then, go get your water" Seven shooed her away, waiting until she was in the kitchen before turning around, giving a particular look to Peter.

"I know," Peter said, outraged. "She lied right through her teeth"

"I might have been convinced if I didn't know for certain that she was lying" She whispered, moving to sit down so she could take the shoes off.

Natasha walked back through the living room, with two glasses in her hands and Seven stopped her, calling her over.

"Mom, here" She pushed the lid down onto the box before handing it back to her and Natasha tucked it under her arm, walking away as Peter and Seven whispered behind her, inaudible to her ears.

"Hey" Natasha pushed the door open and walked back into the room, placing the water on the dresser so she could put the box down.

"I was thinking we could watch a movie" Steve suggested and Natasha looked over to the TV where he had already loaded up an unfamiliar film.

"Okay sure," She replied happily as she picked the glasses back up again.

"What's that?" Steve inquired, pointing to the box she placed down.

"My ballet shoes" she replied bluntly.

"Are you going to dance?" he asked enthusiastically and Natasha turned to look at him as if he was insane.

"No you idiot, Seven was using them and just gave them back to me" 

"So you caved huh?" He grinned and Natasha looked at him, confused. "You brought me water" he elaborated and she looked down to the two cups in her hands.

"I did not cave," She said, outraged. "I had to tell the two suspicious teenagers that you wanted water so they'd stop asking me questions."

"I mean you weren't lying, I do want water" Steve reached out to take the glass from her as she walked towards the bed.

"Nope," Natasha walked straight past his outstretched hand to the windowsill where Steve's few plants sat and she poured the water out into each plant evenly, then coming to sit next to him, a smug grin on her face.

"Those were fake" Steve remarked emotionless, causing Natasha to burst out laughing.

"Fake?" She asked after she finished laughing at him.

"Yes they're fake, I can't seem to look after real plants." He crossed his arms in pretend offence.

"God Steve they aren't that hard to look after. You know how many plants I have in my room?"

"No?"

"Twelve" She answered and his jaw dropped.

"And none of them are fake?" He asked,

"All of them are very much alive" She laughed again and took a sip of her water.

"I am still thirsty you know," Steve said and Natasha sighed before handing him her glass.

Steve proceeded to drink the whole glass and Natasha just watched, extremely irritated. "I cannot believe you" She exclaimed as he put the glass down on his bedside table. "I should not have given you the glass"

"You've already gone soft" Steve smirked and she immediately protested,

"I have not!" She picked up the same pillow from earlier and whacked him again.

"Ow, you have to stop doing that. It actually hurts a lot" He groaned. "I never said going soft was a bad thing" 

"It is a bad thing, I do not normally ever let people drink from my glass," She fired back, crossing her arms.

"Nat I take it back, you haven't gone soft." Steve grabbed her hand and Natasha turned her head so she could listen to him. "Just more affectionate" He leaned in and cupped her face before capturing the moment with a kiss. She melted into him, enjoying every second before pulling away and smiling.

"You're forgiven, are we going to watch this movie or what?" She smirked and Steve pulled her close so she could rest her head on his chest again and place an arm around her. 

"You know how smug Peter and Seven are going to be when they find out their stupid plan worked, right?" He asked and Natasha nodded while grabbing his hand and intertwining it with her own.

"They're already smug and they don't even know that it worked" She complained, "I am extremely happy that it did work though, no matter how stupid the plan" She continued, smiling even though he couldn't see her face. 

"Me too" He replied, pressing play on the remote with his free hand, "This was the best possible outcome there could have been"

-----------------------

Peter and Seven walked down the hallway towards their bedrooms, as much as they ended up enjoying the night they were both completely shattered. They wandered slowly, with no particular intent to get there fast. 

"How long do you think until they reveal that they're together?" Seven asked him,

"A few weeks probably" He answered, "Are we seriously going to pretend like we have no idea? like we haven't been traumatised for life?" 

"I mean we should, they won't want people to know right away" She shrugged, "And I agree, I am trying my hardest to block that memory out permanently" Seven shuddered and cringed.

The pair reached Peter's door first as it was the closest to the kitchen but to Seven's surprise he didn't slow down.

"Uh, Pete?" Seven stopped walking and Peter turned around when he realized she stopped. "Your bedroom is here" She pointed at the big wooden door on her right.

"I know, but I'm walking you back to yours" He smiled and Seven cocked her head.

"Why? It's like five meters from here" She pointed down the hallway, "I can literally see the end of the hallway."

"Will you just shut up for a second?" He asked and Seven stopped talking, waiting for him to continue. "I'm being a gentleman" He added, slightly more shy.

Seven rolled her eyes and walked the few steps until she was next to him again, holding her arm out so he could link his underneath. Peter happily accepted and the two teenagers walked the last minute in a content silence until they paused again, this time at Seven's door instead.

"Happy now?" She asked playfully, smiling.

"Very" Peter laughed and stood in front of her, smiling back at her.

"Goodnight then" Seven took a step towards him and positioned herself so she could kiss his cheek. 

Peter blushed but Seven didn't notice due to the very dim lighting. "Thanks for the very entertaining night," He said when she pulled away.

"It was my pleasure" She responded, "Sleep well Pete"

"M'lady" Peter tipped an imaginary hat and Seven shoved him away, opening the door behind her and stepping backwards into her room.

"Go to bed you fool" She laughed briefly before shutting the door slowly, Peter waiting for the door to close before he began grinning, walking leisurely back to his own bedroom.

---------------------------

A.N: Sorry that this one is a bit shorter than most, I literally couldn't think of anything else to add that would fit within two hundred words and this seemed like the only logical cut off point.

Also Seven and Peter were giving me Ladybug and Chat noir vibes at the end there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 298 31
Everyone has a past. Are they as tragic as hers? A fifteen year old girl becomes an Avenger and overcomes her past to be the person she's always hope...
17.3K 259 15
Six-year-old Drew has never had a real childhood. Starting just a few months after she was born, Drew was the property of Hydra until she turned thre...
55.2K 1.5K 31
After finding her twin brother dead, little Wanda Maximoff is so heartbroken she can barely even comprehend anything. She has no home and now her onl...
14.6K 379 40
Natasha thinks she's lost all her hope. Alone in the red room she feels like a no one, like no one needs her. That's until she meets a little girl...