Kion and Kovu's Secret Romance

By KionTheLeader

This story happens a few days after the episode 'Lions of the Outlands' from season 1 of The Lion Guard. When... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Author's note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's note

Chapter 3

2.6K 67 17
By KionTheLeader

The sun was shining throughout the Outlands and the sky was clear. It was such a beautiful day. Even the water tasted better when Kovu drank from it this morning. The brown lion cub looked up in the air, smiling. There's nothing that could ruin this day. Kovu thought.

He was near the abandoned mice hole, waiting for Kion. Kovu was very nervous, but didn't understand why. Yesterday he felt comfortable being around the yellow cub, but today was different. He felt like he needs to impress Kion. But for what? So Kion would like me even more? So we would hang out more often? Why is that such a big deal to me? Kovu wondered. We're just becoming friends, right?

"Hey Kovu!" Kion greeted. Kovu snapped out of his thoughts, looking a bit shocked the yellow cub was already here.

"Oh, uh, hi!" Kovu said nervously. "I didn't see you coming."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Kion chuckled.

Kovu chuckled as well, not really sure what to say next.

"So, are you ready to train how to track animals?" Kion asked.

"Yeah, definitely!"

"Great!" Kion smiled and stepped closer towards Kovu. "Every animal has their own scent. Since there are many scents around us, you have to be focussed on just one: the one you want to track." Kion explained while sitting down.

Kovu nodded, listening carefully.

"Let's make this into a game." Kion suggested. "Try to pick up my scent and then we'll go hide and seek."

"Games in a training? I like this already." Kovu said.

"What's the fun with training without games?" Kion chuckled, as did Kovu.

Kovu then sniffed the air, close to Kion. He picked up a scent he usually doesn't smell: this must be Kion's.

"I think I got it." Kovu said.

"Good! Now, close your eyes and count to 20. And when you're done, try to use nothing but your nose to find me. I won't go too far."

"OK!"

With that, Kovu faced a wall and closed his eyes. While Kovu was counting, he could hear Kion walking near him, going into different directions. Then he lost Kion's sounds.

When Kovu finished counting, he examined his surroundings. There were some big rocks nearby Kion could've hided, all over the place. Kovu sniffed the air, trying to follow Kion's scent. He went a certain direction, but the scent faded away. He turned around so the scent would get stronger, but then it started to fade away again. Kovu didn't want to give up and tried a new direction. Now the scent is going stronger!

Kovu followed the scent that was getting stronger the more he walked towards it. He then noticed a big rock in front of him and smiled. He charged and jumped onto the rock and noticed the yellow cub behind it.

"Gotcha!" Kovu said proudly.

Kion was surprised. He faced Kovu, who was on top of the rock.

"Wow, that was pretty quick! You're a fast learner." Kion said.

"Thanks!" He smirked at that comment. He was happy that Kion complimented him.

Kovu got down to stand next to Kion.

"You're pretty easy to track." Kovu teased.

"Only because I let you!"

"I'm sure I could catch you if I want to."

"Wanna bet?"

"Oh, it's on!"

Kion ran off as fast as he could and Kovu followed. They were running equally fast.

"You can't catch me!" Kion shouted while glancing behind him.

Kion tried to zigzag around the place, jump over cracks in the ground and make different directions. But Kovu managed to stay close to him. When the area they were running on became flat, Kovu caught up with Kion and jumped on his side, making Kion fall onto the ground on his back with the brown cub on top of him. They were both catching their breath. Kion started to laugh, and then Kovu did too.

"You're really fast!" Kion said.

"I know." Kovu smirked. He took a good look at the cub below him. He's so beautiful! Kovu thought. His eyes, his mane, his figure... He's perfect.

"Uh, Kovu?"

"Oh, sorry." Kovu snapped out of his thoughts and got off of Kion so the yellow cub could sit next to him. Kovu was a bit embarrassed Kion saw him like that. But Kion didn't seem to care.

"Man I'm thirsty. Let's go to a watering hole." Kion suggested.

"Yeah, sure!" Kovu responded nervously. "I know a small watering hole nearby that isn't taken."

"Great! Lead the way."

As they both walked to the watering hole, Kion got lost in his thoughts. He really likes hanging out with Kovu, but something is bothering him. What if he wants to be like Scar? Kion thought. He glanced at the brown cub next to him. No, that can't be. He's just so nice! But still... He IS being raised by Zira, an evil lion. What if Kovu turns evil too? What if I become friends with an evil lion?

Kovu noticed Kion looking at him. "What?" He asked calmly with a smile.

"Oh, it's just... I was wondering... No, never mind."

"It's okay, you can tell me."

"Well... Okay, but you don't have to answer."

"Sure."

"Do you... Do you worship Scar? Follow his footsteps?"

"Oh, uh... Well, I, uh..." Kovu didn't know what to say.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

"No no, it's okay. It's just... I'm not sure. My mother says he was the greatest king that has ever lived, but... I don't know."

Kovu knows he has to follow Scar's footsteps and become king of the Pride Lands. But he doesn't want to be like Scar. He killed his own brother to gain power. Kovu doesn't want to do the same thing, even though Zira keeps telling him that the Pride Lands belongs to them.

"My dad says he was a very evil lion that only cared about no one but himself." Kion said.

Kovu raised his eyebrow. "I don't think that's true. Scar took care of my mother when no one else would, a very long time ago. Everyone else left her in the dust, but Scar was there for her when she needed him the most. He really cared about her."

Kion was very interested in what Kovu had to say. Kion never heard the other side of Scar's story before.

"I didn't know that. So there was some good inside Scar as well?"

"No one is born pure good or pure evil." Kovu chuckled.

"Yeah... I guess you're right." Kion still wasn't convinced Scar was good in some ways. He killed my grandfather just so he'll become king. He HAS to be evil, right? Kion thought. But what does that have to do with Kovu? He didn't do anything wrong. Yet Kion was afraid Kovu might turn evil.

----------

Kion and Kovu made it to the watering hole and they both took a sip. Even though they had a different view of Scar, they still enjoyed each other's company.

Kovu then noticed a young rhino walking in a distance near a big wall. "What's that rhino doing in the Outlands?" he asked.

Kion looked around and saw the rhino as well. "I think he's lost and doesn't know where he's going. Rhinos have poor eyesight. We should help him." he said and then jogged towards the rhino. Kovu followed him.

Both cubs heard some crackling above the rhino. They then noticed some rocks were moving. There was about to be a rockslide!

"We have to save him! Quick!" Kion said while sprinting towards the rhino.

Kovu followed. "Watch out!" he screamed towards the rhino, but the rhino didn't seem to hear him.

The rocks were rolling off the wall fast and were about to hit the rhino. Kovu was behind Kion, who was sprinting like he never did before. Kion got close and jumped onto the rhino, pushing him away from the falling rocks. Kovu stopped running and let the rocks fall in front of him.

"Ough! What was that for?!" the rhino asked annoyed.

"Sorry about that." Kion said while getting off of the rhino.

"He just saved your life." Kovu said, who was on top of the rocks. He slid down and joined the group.

"Saved my life? You pushed me!" the rhino responded.

"There was a rockslide. If I hadn't pushed you, you'd be buried in rocks." Kion said.

"Well, I didn't see any rockslide."

Kovu started to get angry. How can he be so ungrateful? he wondered. He decided to stay quiet.

"What matters is that you're safe." Kion said with a smile. "Now, let's get you home."

"I don't need your help. I know my way to the Pride Lands just fine." the rhino said, as he turned to the direction of the Pride Lands.

"Okay then, bye!" Kion said as he kept an eye on the rhino, making sure he'll get to the Pride Lands safe. Eventually he did, since the border of the Pride Lands was already in sight.

"How did you do that?" Kovu asked.

"What? Pushing a rhino?"

"No, I mean, how do you stay so friendly? He was so rude to you!"

"Well, he said he didn't see the rockslide. Then there is no point arguing it. Besides, it's who I am." Kion responded, still with a smile on his face.

"So you never get angry?"

"I do. I once was really angry at Janja when he wanted to attack my mom. I roared out of anger and I lost control over my Roar. It caused so much destruction. But I learned from it and now I can control my anger."

Kovu was amazed. "That's incredible! You were so kind and sweet... And brave!"

"Uh, thanks!"

"Maybe you were born pure good after all." Kovu added.

Kion blushed and flatted his ears nervously. He isn't used to get this many compliments from one animal. It made him feel proud of himself. "You were pretty brave yourself as well." he finally said.

"Nah, I just followed you. I tried to, at least. You were so fast!"

They both laughed a little.

"Well, you're still kind and sweet." Kion said.

This made Kovu blush as well. "Thanks."

Both Kion and Kovu had butterflies in their stomach. They looked deep into each other's eyes, admiring one another.

After a while, Kovu looked in the sky. The sun was already in the center of the sky. "Oh no, it's late! I have to go home."

"We'll meet again, right?" Kion asked, almost with a pleading face.

Kovu smiled. "I'd love to. At the mice hole again?"

"Yeah! I'll see you tomorrow!"

"OK! Bye!"

Kovu jogged towards the termite mounds. He doesn't want any trouble and wanted to make sure he won't be too late. Then he realized why he was going home. To train to kill Simba... I can't go on like this. Kovu thought. I have to tell Kion. But how? What if he doesn't want to see me again? But he deserves to know the truth... Kovu wasn't sure what he should do. He wanted to be with Kion so badly... But that can change once he tells Kion what he's training for. Kovu decided not to think about it right now. I'll tell him some day. he thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 201 13
This takes place during season 1. Fuli has a problem with dealing with her past, and Kion wants to help her. But along the way they fall for each oth...
626 11 1
after the death of zira, simba invites kovu into his pride, Kiara has a huge crush on kovu, but little did she know her crush doesn't have the same f...
52.9K 534 17
When Kion runs away from home, Fuli, and his friends set out to search for him, they eventually give up and let the lion find his own way back. Kion...
48.9K 544 22
Kopa returns to the Pridelands and he wants to be king. With the help of Scar and the hyenas, Kopa drives his parents and the Lion guard away. How wi...