The secrets we keep [bxb]

By litttlemochi

Book 01 Yuri didn't know anything else then being dehumanized for being different. A big reason why he moved... More

Chapter - 02
Chapter - 03
Chapter - 04
Chapter - 05
Chapter - 06
Chapter - 07
Chapter - 08
Chapter - 09
Chapter -10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23

Chapter - 01

5.6K 147 35
By litttlemochi

English is not my native language, so I'm really sorry if there are some / big mistakes ! —You can point them out, but do it nicely please :)

And please don't be put off by this, I'm sure it's not that bad... lol

Yuri looked up at the big building in front of him, his body trembling slightly as a gush of wind came rushing past him, a sigh escaping past his lips at the same time. His eyes scanned the grey colors of the boring building as he started to walk again, making his way over. It was almost the end of the year, but his grandma didn't want him to sit around. So here he was. His cat ears underneath his beanie twitched as they picked up loud noises from inside, the nervousness intensifying as he pushed open the big front doors.

His eyes curiously flickering around, taking in the many students walking around and talking to their friends. Everyone knew one another already, making the small Yuri question if he will ever fit in somewhere. His thoughts were interrupted as someone bumped into him, excusing themselves as they walked along, not noticing how the smaller boy had flinched.

Yuri didn't liked to be touched. It had something to do with his past as he was assaulted when he was younger. It was something he liked to forget about, but it sometimes came rushing back as someone touched him without consent. He tried shrugging it off as he made his way down the hall, sometimes jumping left and right to counter the bumping.

He stopped walking when he came to stand in front of a big round desk, a small lady behind it ticking away on a computer. He softly cleared his throat to gain her attention, feeling his cheeks warm up as two eyes looked up at him lazily. "I'm n-new here." He stuttered out, feeling himself swallow the lump that had formed there in his throat.

The woman blinked before nodding. "Your name, hun?"

"O-oh, um. Yuri. Yuri Assentel." He softly mumbled, watching as the woman started to type something on the computer. It took her a few seconds before looking back up at him, the printer in the back making loud noises as the thing tried to print something out.

Yuri pursed his lips as the awkward silence made him uncomfortable, his fingers playing with the ends of his sleeves out of habit. The printer was finally done after a few seconds, the little beep it made informing the lady that it was ready. The woman rolled over with her chair and grabbed a few papers before rolling back, placing the freshly printed papers on the desk in front of him.

"Here is your schedule, a map of the building and your locker information. If you have any more questions, then feel free to ask any time. Alright?"

Yuri nodded quickly, surprised by her warm tone, though her eyes looked like they were done with everyone. He picked up the papers and started his search for his locker, his bag full of books making his back ache uncomfortably. He found it after a quick search and dumped most of his books inside, keeping the ones he needed for the first few lessons.

Just then the bell rang, his face morphing into a slight pained frown as the loud noise hurt his sensitive cat ears. He followed the stream of people while he tried to find out where his classroom was, the map a little confusing.

After getting lost and being late because the second bell already had rung a few minutes ago, he forced himself to ask for help. He saw a group of people standing nearby. His heartbeat quickened as he walked closer.

"Um." He mumbled, their voices calming down as they looked up at him. "Can someone help me? I-I am new and don't know where to go."

A girl smiled down at him, stepping forward to hold out her hand. "Give me your schedule, that stupid map they give the newbies is absolutely useless."

The few people around them laughed softly at that, watching as the small new boy gave their friend his schedule. She looked it over and nodded. "Alright, the building we are in is building A. If you go down that staircase and go through a long hallway on the right, you find your way in building B, from there you can go to C. Get that?"

Yuri nodded, though was still a little confused. The girl smiled, seeing right through him. She looked over the papers one more time before giving them back. "Follow me, I'll show you."

"Y-you don't have to do that—" He started nervously, but the girl just shrugged and started walking down the hallway, motioning him to follow. He quickly ran after her, though not before giving the group a small wave, and fell into step next to her.

"So what is your name?" She asked, the both of them walking down that staircase she was talking about earlier.

"Y-Yuri." He stuttered, the tail that he hid in his somewhat too big of a pants, twitching nervously. The girl gave off a strong vibe, he couldn't explain it.

She smiled, trying to cheer up the nervous boy. "My name is Yara, nice to meet you —I really like your name, oh, and your hair."

Yuri thanked her, his black and white hair unusual. People always thought he dyed it, but it was just the way he looked. He stopped beside her as they stood in front of a closed door. "This is where you should be."

"Thank you." Yuri softly mumbled again, something that made Yara smile.

"You're a cute one, aren't you?" Yuri blushed at that, but didn't answer. "Well, if you ever need help again, here is my number." She grabbed a pen from out of her bag and started scribbling something down on a piece of paper she ripped out of her notebook. She handed it over and smiled once more before she turned around and left.

Yuri breathed out some air while his eyes landed back on the closed door next to him. Voices could be heard from the other side as the teacher was explaining something to the class. He knocked on the door before his mind convinced him to run away while slowly pushing it open, all the eyes flickering to him as he closed the door behind him. The teacher smiled as he walked up to the new student. "You must be Yuri?"

Yuri nodded, his hands hiding in his oversized sleeves as he tried not to look at the other students. "I'm Saiy Walcon, but only call me sir or Walcon. Find yourself an empty seat for now, I will help you with what you have missed at the end of this class, alright?"

Yuri nodded and looked up for only a second to find himself a free spot, his head hanging low as he made his way to his seat, not noticing the curious eyes following him. The lesson went on without much happening. Although the girl he sat next to had tried talking to him, but he wasn't in the mood to talk about himself, so she gave up after a few tries.

A few lessons went on like that until it was time for lunch, the noisy hallways full with loud students walking around. Yuri tried to keep to himself, but when a familiar voice called out to him, he looked up from the ground in surprise. Yara smiled down at him as she walked over with a boy he hadn't seen before. "Hey, how you doing Yuri? Wanna sit with us with lunch?"

"S-sure, and I'm alright. Thank you."

Yara chuckled at his shy behaviour. Yuri's big eyes turned to the silent boy next to her after feeling his burning eyes on him. She noticed and smiled even wider. "This is Jace, my boyfriend. I know he looks like he hates everything, but he's a sweetheart, I promise." With that she pulled her boyfriend with her and grabbed Yuri's wrist to do the same, though she immediately noticed the slight flinch and quickly let go.

Yuri was about to explain himself, but before he could, Yara just smiled again. "Sorry, I'm too touchy sometimes! Follow me!" She giggled and led the way without another word.

He was kind of glad he hadn't had to explain himself and willingly followed the two through the growded hallway. After a short minute of walking, they found themselves in a big hall, full with tables and even more students. The two sat down at a somewhat already full table while Yuri just looked around uncomfortably, not knowing where to sit. Where could he even sit? Every chair was already taken, there were even a few sitting on each others laps!

"Come on." Yara smiled, placing herself on her boyfriends lap so he could sit next to them. Though he was a little hesitant when his eyes locked with glaring brown ones. Yara gently pulled him next to her, taking his nervousness away as she started to ramble about, his attention on her instead of the curious eyes that couldn't stop looking.

Though, after a few minutes of listening to her ramble, he stood up to buy himself some food. He totally overslept that morning, not remembering to make some food for himself, and had ran towards the bus in a panic. Yara nodded and went on to talk to some other people that were present at the table as the younger made his way over to the long row of people.

Just as he was making his way over back towards their table, he bumped into someone's back, spilling almost everything on his plate. He gasped as some got onto the person his clothes and winched slightly when some fell onto the ground, making many people around them stop talking as they watched silently at the scene in front of them.

Yuri's face turned red as he stumbled over his words, excusing himself over and over as the janitor shuffled closer and cleaned up his mess. The boy he had bumped into didn't say a word for a few seconds before he shushed him softly, the soft tone he used calming down his mind and body instantly.

"It's alright, I have extra clothes in my locker anyway."

His voice was lower then he expected. His shy eyes found dark ones, only meeting for half a second before he was shamefully looking down at the ground again. "I-I'm sorry, I wasn't looking."

"It happens." The boy mumbled, a somewhat humorous tone taking over his voice. "You alright? What's your name? I don't think I've seen you before."

Yuri nodded at that, his fingers gripping the ends of his sleeves tightly at the many eyes still watching. "Y-Yuri." He whispered, not knowing if the boy even heard him, but he did as he hummed softly.

"You're new then? I'm RJ by the way, nice to meet you... —Well, I guess it could be under better circumstances." He chuckled, the sound leaving a tingling sensation down the spine of the little boy.

"I'm sorry." He blurted again, making RJ smile warmly, though Yuri didn't see as his gaze was focussed on his shoes.

"It's just a shirt, Yuri." RJ reassured, his golden eyes fixated on the younger boy in front of him. He licked his lips before he felt a jab at his side, making him tear his eyes away from his little mate. The newfound sensation he felt rushing through his body was amazing, excitement filling his heart as he just found his mate a few seconds ago.

His best friend gave him a look while subtly pointing at his eyes, warning him that he had changed colors. He cleared his throat and tried to calm down his feelings as he looked back down at the shy boy, feeling bad as he saw the slight stains that the food had left on his shirt. "I have an extra shirt for you if you'd like?" He tried, though felt his heart sink a little at the rejection as Yuri shook his head.

"It's alright, you can use it for yourself. —Sorry again." He quickly mumbled before speeding off, not once looking at them as he fled.

RJ sighed as his eyes followed his cute little mate, his heart thumping against his ribs. He breathed out some nervousness while Zara, his best friend, turned his body towards him by gripping his shoulder. "What was that? You just... you looked like a love struck puppy." He laughed.

The werewolf combed a hand through his hair before leaning forward and whispering what he just found out. Zara held back, a shocked expression forming on his face as he took in the new information. "You for real?"

He only smiled wider, giving Zara the answer he needed. The other werewolf smiled as he embraced his friend, feeling happy for him. "That's gr... —Wait, why are you here? Why didn't you follow him?"

"I don't want to come off to strong, he seems really shy." RJ mumbled. "I don't want to scare him away. I'm not sure if he's human or not, I need to get closer for that to know."

Zara hummed, following his friend's lead as he made his way towards his sister and their other friends. Yara smiled when she saw them, though it seemed like she was looking for something, or someone.

"Why are you looking around like you just lost a pup?" Zara chuckled, the glaring eyes of her making him shut up instantly.

"A new boy, Yuri, was getting some food a few minutes ago but he hasn't returned yet. He's... a little shy, so I'm just concerned I guess." She explained, her eyes scanning the big hall.

RJ's body perked up just by hearing his name, something that some people around the table noticed. Jarred, a older friend of his sister, quirked his eyebrow when he noticed the change of behavior. "Why can I almost see your tail wagging behind your back?"

RJ looked up, questioning if he meant him, and just shrugged casually as their eyes locked. Avoiding everyone else's when he realized he didn't wanted to inform them yet about his little discovery. Zara noticed and grinned stupidly, his arms wrapping themselves around his shoulder tightly. "I think he's just excited for the bonfire this Saturday."

That statement broke out a loud agreement as the pack members started to discuss what they should bring and do that evening.

The bonfire was a yearly party they held, but it was just for pack members only. Don't get it wrong though, because they held more parties throughout the year, only this one had just a different vibe to it. They could be themselves as they enjoyed each other's company, playing stupid games till morning and get drunk on heavy alcohol because their bodies were different then those of humans. It was harder to get drunk.

RJ's mind went somewhere else as the people around him discussed the topic. His mind playing back the flushed face of his mate. He had immediately noticed his bright, blue eyes. They were stunning, so beautiful. And his black and white hair, it was something you didn't really see around here, but it had looked so cute. Though mostly of his hair was hidden underneath a black beanie, he wondered what it would look like all ruffled and carefree.

He couldn't wait to find out more about his little mate. Yuri —Even his name was adorable.

Hi :)
If u stayed till the end, THANK YOU <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 270 23
"Growing up in a pack house full of rabid wolves was hard. Not being able to shift in a pack house full of rabid wolves was even harder. They would a...
276K 4.2K 5
Book 1 of the You Series. Leo Johnson has been a good boy since the day he was born. He always did what he was told and got the best grades in school...
2.2M 77.7K 28
Berlin Cahill has always been different. He was the smallest of the bunch from the beginning. When he did not shift at the age of 13, as all werewolv...
224K 8.7K 26
◤ He was only 14 years old when his ◥ brother was assassinated. Leaving him with the role of taking over his families neko company. With the pain o...