Pursuit of the Whole

By QuinnCatcher

Sometimes Julia wonders if werewolves are born with half of their soul. If that isn't the case, then why woul... More

Pursuit of the Whole
I. Our School
II. Trouble
III. School Loser
IV. The Werewolves
V. Crazy Side
VI. Three Cavities
VII. Best Dad Ever
VIII. Big Mistake
IX. The Nightwalkers Pack
X. To Find My Mate
XI. Taunting
XII. Hermit
XIII. Beautiful Emeralds
XIV. Thank You
XV. A Stalker
XVI. Pass the Peas
XVII. Kai Problem
XVIII. Nah
XIX. Found His Mate
XX. More Bottles
XXI. Indecisive Self
XXII. Hunters
XXIII. Paint Me the Villain
XXIV. Playing Hero
XXV. Bear the Consequences
XXVI. You're Here
XXVII. Sup
XXVIII. Full Undivided Attention
XXIX. Another Julia
XXX. Disease
XXXI. Just a Friend
XXXII. Good Memories
XXXIII. No Value
XXXIV. Unintentionally
XXXVI. Safe and Sound
XXXVII. Obligation
XXXVIII. Or Later
XXXIX. Date to Talk
XL. What the World Has to Offer
XLI. February
XLII. A Hunt for Kai
XLIII. Quick Buck
XLIV. Baking Potatoes
XLV. DVDs
XLVI. Three Months
XLVII. Murderers
XLVIII. Peeing in a Bottle
XLIX. Confidential
L. Anger
LI. Neutral
LII. Two Predators
LIII. Most Pitiful Person
LIV. That Man
LV. Like a Horse
LVI. To Be Better
LVII. Total Victory
LVIII. Always Behind You
Pursuit of the Whole: Mark (Book 2)

XXXV. Quickie

2.6K 80 2
By QuinnCatcher

"What?"

Mrs.Rodriguez clearly had too much hot cocoa and candy cane over break.

"I would like it if you protect Rosario from Dylan for the rest of the school year."

"Rosario is Dylan's mate."

"Exactly."

"Why does she need protection from someone who is supposed to protect her?"

"I cannot-"

"Mrs.Rodriguez, I'm pretty sure from what you observed and read, you have a good understanding of my personality. I'm not exactly the type of person to help without knowing the full story." Not anymore, at least.

Mrs.Rodriguez's lips twitch for a moment. "Over break, Rosario had reported about Dylan's aggression towards her."

"Aggression?"

"According to her verbal report and bruises we had found on her body. We believe that Dylan is verbally and physically abusing her. According to him, it's for her safety."

"He thinks what he's doing is best for her, but in reality, he's hurting her."

Mrs.Rodriguez nods, "Exactly."

How funny. You think you're protecting someone, but it turns out you're the one hurting them the most.

"And as you know, the situation between humans and werewolves is already quite...fragile."

And since Rosario is the daughter of a politician, the situation only makes it worse.

"So, why me? Why not send in another hunter?"

"You think it's normal to enroll a licensed hunter in a high school?"

"What about other student hunters? I'm certain they have more qualifications than a dropout like me."

"Don't undervalue yourself," she says.

"I'm not going to overvalue myself either. Dylan is a beta. He can rip my head from my body."

"He can't."

"And how are you so sure?"

"Let's not play too much...Julia."

She knows about Marcelo and me.

I huffed a breath, "And if I decline?"

"That wouldn't be beneficial."

"Is that a threat?" I smile, "Mrs.Rodriguez, I didn't take you like that type of person."

"Desperate times call for desperate behavior."

"I want to hear my benefits first." I'm not an idiot. Considering how Mrs.Rodriguez took over the principal seat the same year werewolves decided to enroll, it must mean she isn't someone I should brush off.

Mrs.Rodriguez smiles, "Smart girl."

I returned it, "Thanks."

"Rosario will be going to school three days a week. If you choose not to go to the other two, you will still graduate." Rosario's dad probably pulled some strings where she doesn't have to see Dylan often.

"My life is in the line Mrs.Rodriguez. You can't possibly weigh it on a few absent days."

"Of course not," she says. "I understand how difficult it may be to handle multiple tasks."

"Meaning."

"Perhaps, we can put academics on hold."

Is she saying I don't have to do my homework?

"My grades won't suffer?"

"Your grades are excellent."

"What else?"

"What else can I offer?"

My eyes narrow, "I heard the coffee in the teacher lounge is good."

Mrs.Rodriguez chuckles, "I heard you became my personal aid." She grabbed a key and threw it at me, "Use it whenever you need to."

It's the master key.

"Have a good time in class, Julia."

"One more thing."

Mrs.Rodriguez stops, "Yes?"

"My friends."

"I'm aware of them."

"Can they know?"

"Is it necessary?"

I know they're upset with me keeping Kai a secret already. They're upset, but they won't blame me because they understand the situation. "Yes."

"That's fine."

After my meeting, I went back to class. Brenda looks at me with curious eyes the entire time. When the bell rings and class ends, she pulls me aside.

"We gotta follow Rosario," I said quickly. "I'll tell you on the way."

We followed Rosario only to find out she has the same class as us. Most likely, Mrs.Rodriguez lines all of our courses to be the same.

Brenda and I stood in the hallway beside our next class.

I lift a finger to stop Brenda from talking. Then, I pulled out my phone and sent her a long message.

When Brenda's phone buzzes, she looks at it.

Her eyes widened.

"Do I get to skip those two days too?"

"That's the question you want to ask?"

"So?"

"I'm not sure," I responded. "You have to ask her about that."

"Darn it," she hisses. "You should've bargained for more. Like giving me a day off or money."

She makes a valid point.

I'm disappointed in myself.

"Does she know?"

"Who knows what?"

"Does Rosario know she's under your wings?"

"I don't know."

"Then, what do you know?"

"Whatever I texted you. Which should be deleted just in case." We deleted the message from both ends.

"You're telling me you didn't ask additional questions?"

"Should I?"

Brenda shakes her head, "Next time, someone offers you a deal. You come get me."

"Oh. That's not a bad idea." I exhale, "Here. Let me find out." I walk into the classroom.

"Wait. Huh?" Brenda follows me.

I stood in front of Rosario.

She looks up from her cell phone.

"You think we're going to see a catfight?" Someone whispers.

I wish I was that someone.

"What do you want?" Rosario asks.

My eyes narrow for a moment, "Let's talk outside." Usually, ever since my graduation on the line, I try not to skip class. But since the principal gave me the okay sign. I will use it.

"I don't want to."

I rest my palms against her desk and lean forward. "It's about Dylan."

Rosario stands up, "Let's go." Together, the three of us walk out of the classroom.

We passed the teacher at the doorway, "Where are you all-"

"Wrong room," Rosario said without looking at the teacher.

"Wait. Wrong room?" The teacher flips through the papers in his hand, but before he could call for us, we were gone.

I unlocked an empty classroom in the old part of the school. Every school has it - abandoned rooms.

Brenda looks at me with awe, "The power!"

I puffed my chest, "I'll give you a copy."

Brenda puffed her chest.

Inside the empty classroom, we all stared at each other. Rosario was on one side, with Brenda and me on the other.

"You said you wanted to talk. So, talk." Despite the overly depressing look and attitude, her personality seems to be intact.

I cross my legs, "I got an offer."

Rosario stares at me for a moment before she scoffs, "Don't tell me. The best that lady can do is you two."

I assume that lady is referred to as Mrs.Rodriguez.

"Well, the best she can do is her," Brenda says. "I'm the tag along."

"You must be so proud of yourself."

Brenda smiles. She chooses not to respond because she knows Rosario's behavior. Everyone who went to school with her understands her short temper.

"Love it or hate it," I rescued Brenda from Rosario's wrath. Well, I like to believe that. "We're your best chance."

"How?"

"I have no idea," I said. "But, we'll back you up whenever Dylan bothers you." I'm not sure I can keep up with that promise, but we'll see when the time comes.

Rosalina glared at me, "Don't lie to me," she says.

That's kind of hurtful.

I mean, it's true, but it's still hurtful.

She huffs a breath before she grabs her bag. We watched as she searched through her bag.

She pulled out a checkbook.

Brenda and I look at each other.

She grabbed her pen.

We inched closer.

She clicked her pen.

Our bodies sweat.

She writes in the checkbook.

We held hands.

She unclicks the pen.

We held our breath.

She rips off the paper.

We squeeze each other's hands.

She slides the paper across the desk.

Our eyes widened.

At that moment, our souls left our bodies. If Brian and Eric were here, they would be in the back with their hands together and jumping with joy.

Rosario, like a boss, leans back and crosses her arms. "I'll write you a check for each week you've successfully protected me until the end of the school year."

After a few quiet deep breaths, our souls return. I cleared my throat, "Rose-" I decided to give her a nickname since we became close friends, "You know Brenda and I would've had your back without this."

Smoothly, Brenda slides the check into her jacket pocket.

"But, since you offer a friendly gift, we won't be rude."

Rosalina scoffs, "Unbelievable."

She got up and made her way towards the door. Brenda and I grabbed our stuff. When Rosalina stepped out of the room, we held each other's hands and jumped in a circle.

"Are you two coming or what?"

We stop jumping and quickly walk towards the door. Near the door, Brenda and I leap a bit at the same time.

In the fifth period, Brenda and I waited for Rosalina outside of her classroom. Unfortunately, Rosaline does not have a free period like us.

We played rock-paper-scissors.

I'm losing.

My phone buzzes - Marcelo.

"I'll be back," I said. I grab her shoulders, "Protect her at all cost...and I'm not saying that because her check will bounce if she's dead."

Brenda nods.

When I got up, I said: "We'll break the tie another time."

Brenda looks at the paper before she screams: "What do you mean a tie?! I'm winning!"

I pretend I didn't hear her.

It's a tie.

When I got to the front of the school, I saw Marcelo beside the motorcycle. He looks as anxious as he did this morning. When he spotted me, he stood up straight with his arms unfolding.

"What's up?" I ask.

Marcelo's lips twitch, "I'm stressed out."

A bird flies past us.

"Oh," I responded. "And seeing me makes things better?" How romantic.

Marcelo exhaled, "No." Or not.

"Oh," I said again. "Do you want something from me?"

Marcelo's lips fall to a straight line. He opened his mouth but closed it. Then, he opened it again but did the same thing. "Nevermind." He hops onto his bike, "I'll see you around."

He starts the engine.

I grab his jacket and tug at it.

I have an idea as to why he's here.

"Wanna do a quickie?"

But it's not an easy thing to ask for.

Marcelo is a handsome guy and how he performed in bed tells me he had experienced it before.

I'm not upset.

It's normal.

The abnormal part is being upset.

After he found me, it's probably difficult to have fun with other people - to most likely release stress.

And a person like Marcelo, a person of his status, probably has a lot on his shoulders.

A future alpha...with a soulmate who doesn't necessarily want to be with him.

His soulmate is a hunter.

Hunters killed his mother.

Let's not forget his soulmate wants to rescue this young child who belongs to another pack.

A rival pack that may potentially go to war with them if they found out.

That's only the surface.

I'm pretty sure there are other things Marcelo is keeping from me.

He shook his head, "N-No."

My eyes fall onto the ground for a moment. If he declines, then he declines. That's it. There's no reason to bother him any further. I look back up to see his green eyes. "What if I say I want to do a quickie?"

I slam Marcelo's body against the wall. Our breath tangled against each other, and I could feel his rock-hard dick against my lower stomach. I smooth my hand downward until I reach it.

He moans into my mouth.

When I unbuttoned his jeans, he bit my lower lip.

I went on my knees and opened my mouth.

I didn't know how long Marcelo pumps into my mouth, but it hurts.

My phone buzzes.

I lay it on the ground and saw Brenda's name.

I have ten minutes before Rosalina's class ends.

Quickly, I unbutton my pants. I got up and pulled it down, "You got five minutes." I wipe my mouth.

Marcelo definitely took every second he could get.

When we're done, I wipe myself with the tissues from my backpack then throw the pack at Marcelo.

"You're so romantic," he said in a dulled voice.

I button up my pants, "Yes. Yes. Good job." I message Brenda back then threw a piece of gum in my mouth while Marcelo cleans himself. I turn around, "Open."

Marcelo opens his mouth.

I threw a piece of gum into his mouth.

He went on his knees earlier, and I know my downstairs friend doesn't smell like flowers.

After I sprayed myself with perfume and brushed my hair, I turned towards Marcelo, "Come here." He lowers himself. I comb his hair and straighten his clothes.

After I clean us, the scent and appearance of after sex was no longer there.

"You're scary good at this," Marcelo said.

"Yeah. I got practice." When I realize what I said, I stop fixing my hair and look up from the hand mirror.

Marcelo stares at me.

"I mean back when I was doing drugs. I learned different ways to hide the scent."

He continues to stare at me.

"Not serious drugs. Just a bit of marijuana."

His eyes narrow.

"You know, you have to learn how to clean up the smell."

"Okay," he said slowly.

"Come on. It's not like you haven't tried a bit of it."

"I don't," he responds.

I scratch my face, "I got to go," I said. "Call me when you want another quickie." Gosh. I have a foul mouth. "Bye!"

When I returned, Brenda was with Rosalina. We head to our next class. Brenda bumped into me, "Where did you go?"

I wet my lips.

Brenda's mouth drops.

Then, I howl quietly.

She covered her mouth then went quiet.

It didn't take long for the school to take notice we're Rosalina's new followers.

With how much she's paying, I don't care if they call us her slaves.

I will kiss the bottom of her high heels.

Friday rolls around, and Brenda comes out of the car in her brand new skirt.

"It's winter," I said.

Brenda flips her hair, "I know. That's why I bought these new boots." She pounds the brand new boots on top of the hood.

"Your underwear," I said.

"Yes. It's also new." She lowers her leg.

I scoff, "How arrogant." I flip my hair.

She eyeballs my ears, "Earrings?"

"You like?" I show it off some more.

"I like!"

Together, we squeal while dancing in circles.

When Rosario pulls up, we stop dancing. Immediately, we dive towards her.

I know I made fun of people who walk down the hallway in what seems to be like slow motion while everyone stares at them, but doing it is a lot more fun than mocking people who do it.

Brenda pulls down her sunglasses and allows her nice new hair to flow down her waist.

Despite it being cold inside the building, I pull off my jacket to show off the new shirt.

I'm pretty sure people know Rosario is buying us stuff, but I don't care.

I can tell it will only get worse when Brian and Eric come back.

When we told them, they cried - physically cried.

Eric took his medications to get better, and Brian massaged while screaming at his leg. Strangers would find it sad, but we found it to be absolutely hilarious.

"Well. Well."

Jenny.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 8.6K 18
Maria can't explain what she is or what she's done. After all, it shouldn't be possible for a human to conjur fire from nothing but pure will, but th...
167K 3.1K 29
Julia, just months from becoming a full-werewolf, is now halfway through her pregnancy, has officially hooked up with the father of her babies ...sor...
213 25 19
Growing up as a packless halfbreed, Jade had heard the horror stories of the pack wolves who live in the woods around her. When you hear nothing but...
55.5K 1.8K 27
Rosalie isn't your ordinary werewolf. She is part of a unique breed. This breed is just like werewolfs, except instead of being part wolf there part...