𝑱𝑼𝑺𝑻 𝑭𝑢𝑹 𝑨 𝑴𝑢𝑴𝑬𝑡...

By erensgf0712

"𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 π’˜π’‰π’š π’…π’†π’π’š π’Šπ’•? 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’π’” π’šπ’π’– π’•π’‰π’Šπ’... More

Author's Note β™‘
one || Be My Valentine..?
three || "Please Don't Stop.."
four || "You Can't Be Serious!?"
five || "You're really going out with him?"
six || "Have You Been Drinking?"
seven || "And Who Can Do It Better Than Me?"
eight || "Cheers To The Beautiful Family."
nine || "Take It...It's Yours"
ten || "Yes, Girlfriend."
eleven || "Who Did This To You?"
twelve || "Just Let Me Explain.."
thirteen || "You Never Gave Me An Answer Summer."
fourteen || "I'm A Gentleman Summer."
Fifteen || "F*ck Junior Year!"
sixteen || "Your Friends, Media First"
seventeen || "Front Or Back?"
eighteen || "Welcome, Miss Nolan"
nineteen || "This Dinner Is Going To Be A Shit Show Isn't It?"
Twenty || "I'm Sorry."
twenty-one || "I Guess We Better Make It Memorable Then."
twenty-two || "Andromeda."
twenty-three || "Forever?"
twenty-four || "Who Am I To Keep You Waiting?"
twenty-five || "Did You Miss Me?"
twenty-six || "You Can't Ignore Me."
twenty-seven || "Is This Some Kind Of Sick Joke?"
twenty-eight || "Happy Birthday Summer."
twenty-nine || "You're In For A Long Night Kid."
thirty || "Do You Trust Devon?"
thirty-one || "His Name Is Christopher Johnson."
thirty-two || "Don't Tell Me...You Haven't Opened My Birthday Present Have You?"
thirty-three || "Please, No Sentiments."
Thirty-four || "Fine, We'll Wait Until Graduation."
thirty-five || "Just For A Moment"
Afterwordsβ™‘
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter || The Wedding β™‘

two || "Is He Your Boyfriend Or Something..?"

20.5K 712 626
By erensgf0712

                                          ➳♥

Devon's POV

"Fuck."

I looked over at Summer and she was still lost in a deep sleep. Not wanting to wake her up I quickly and quietly slid out of her bed and put on my shoes.

I was going to be late for class.

I reached over her to grab my phone sitting on her desk, taking a second to scroll swiftly through my notifications.

Damien: Man, where are you?🤨

Damien: I told the professor you popped a tire and you were gonna be late. She doesn't know you live on campus so.. hurry tf up!

Unknown: I'm glad you texted back :)

Unknown: I called a few times, are you busy? I could use the company..

I texted Damien back thanking him for saving my ass and locked my phone. Before leaving I pulled the blanket further up over Summer to cover her arms. She had taken off her shirt at some point during the night, assumedly from getting too hot. Her curly hair was frizz now, strands sticking to her forehead.

She was beautiful even in this state.

"Oh Summer.." I sighed and gave her a quick kiss on her forehead, lightly closing the door behind.

Summer's POV

I loved Fridays. It was the only day of the week where I was able to truly relax and sleep in as long as I wanted. Turning over on my back, I stretched my arm out to the other side of the bed. To my surprise, it was cold and empty. I huffed, blowing some hair out of my face, and silently cursed myself for forgetting to put my bonnet on. My mother always stressed the importance of protecting my hair. She promised me when I started doing it myself I was on my own. I was starting to wish I never begged to do my own hair to begin with.

"Good morning, Summer." I sighed to myself and dragged my feet all the way to the kitchen.

"Hey, sleepyhead!" Jess glanced at me quickly and looked back at her phone.

"Hey, how was your V day?" I could already tell she had a good time, she was glowing.

"Oh, it was amazing, I really think he's the one Sum."

"I'm happy you had a good time! If only it were that easy for everyone." She snapped her head to look at me again, giving me the coldest stare ever.

"What?" I asked while taking a swig of my juice.

"Summer you could have anyone, hell you could have Devon!"

"Devon and I are just friends."

She rolled her eyes and returned her attention to her phone once again.

"Whatever you say, Summer."

Ending the conversation, I took my drink and yogurt back to my bedroom. I wasn't in the mood for her attitude right now.

...

"I'm going to the store do you need anything!?" Jess was yelling, but I could tell she was right outside my door.

"I'll text you if I do!"

Without giving a reply, she left our apartment slightly slamming the door behind her.

Jess would often get mad when I denied that there was something going on between me and Devon. I didn't know what else to tell her, that's all we were. We flirted with each other occasionally, but we never crossed that line.

Unknown: Hey. It's Jay, Dev gave me your number.

I had completely forgotten about that.

Summer: Hey, and yeah I know aha.

Maybe that was too dry?

Jay: Save my number. 😌

Summer: Already did :)

Jay: Bet, what do you have planned for the day?

I was praying he wasn't going to ask me to hang out.  I was content with staying inside all day. I also wasn't ready to endure that weird first hangout tension. Jay was in a couple of classes of mine so he wasn't technically a stranger, but we didn't know each other enough for it to be any less awkward.

Summer: Probably staying in watching some movies, might hang out with Devon later.

Why would I mention Devon?

I bit my nail as I watched him start typing. The three dots appeared and vanished seconds later.

Jay: Is he your boyfriend or something..?

I locked my phone trying to think of a reply. A simple 'No' would have been just fine, of course, he wasn't my boyfriend.

Summer: Why would he give you my number if he was?

Jay: I'm just fuckin with you😭

I should have felt relieved but I wasn't. This was exactly why talking to people felt exhausting. I entertained him for a few minutes more before he had to head to basketball practice. Slightly relieved that it was all over, I took a deep breath putting my phone on silent.

Time to go back to sleep.

...

A loud bang woke me from my nap. Disoriented, I went to open the door knowing that there could only be one person banging on it at ten o'clock at night.

"Ice cream?" Devon stood holding two bags with a spoon in between his teeth.

I couldn't help but laugh. He invited himself in and handed me a bag, and I closed the door behind him.

"How was your day?" He asked with a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth.

"Slept for most of it, you?"

He flashed me a concerned look. "You shouldn't do that, it ruins your sleep schedule."

I rolled my eyes and laid down on the couch, taking a spoon full of cookies n' cream with me.

"Did Jay text you?" all amusement is stripped from his voice now.

"Yeah, earlier today. Why?"

He shrugged and lifted up my legs so he could sit, placing them on his lap instead.

"Just curious."

I knew there was more he wanted to say but I decided not to push him. If he wanted to talk about it he would. "How's Claire from philosophy?" I asked in hopes he'd confide in me.

"I'm seeing her tonight."

Again with the dry responses.

I made an "o" shape with my mouth, nodding lightly.

Realizing I was getting annoyed, he gave me a squeeze around my ankle, "I'm sorry, okay?"

I met his gaze.

"I've just had a lot of stuff on my mind recently. I'll tell you when I figure it out." I smiled, letting him know he could tell me whenever he was ready. Devon had many layers to him, his vulnerability was one I never did get used to.

"I gotta go meet Claire, I'll text you. Yeah?"

"Have fun!" I was being sarcastic even though I tried not to, but he didn't seem to notice. That or he chose to ignore it. I waved as he made his way to the door, and he left a kiss on the top of my head before he exited.

Jess hadn't been back from her trip to the store this morning. I figured she was spending the night in Adam's room and I would have the whole apartment to myself. Shrugging, I went to my bedroom, turned on some music, and slowly nodded back to sleep.

         Devon's POV

I sat on the edge of Claire's bed regretting ever leaving Summer to come here in the first place. My head was everywhere. I'd always wondered what it would be like having her under me, but recently it was all I could think about. 

I needed to do something about that.

"Why don't you stay awhile?"

Breaking me from thought, Claire left slow soft kisses along my shoulder, and up my neck. "I'll make it worth your while."

She was annoying me now.

"Sorry, I don't do sleepovers." I gave the eager blonde a kiss on the cheek and threw on my shirt. She fell back on her bed disappointed that she hadn't been enough to make me stay. Many women have tried, and many women have failed.

"That's it?" She was trying to hold back her annoyance, but it wasn't working.

"I told you what it was before I came here, Claire." I didn't understand why I always had to have this conversation after sex. I didn't like my time being wasted and I didn't like wasting others' time. What satisfaction could I get from not being upfront with my intentions? I wanted sex. Nothing more. The constant back and forth made me want to vow a life of celibacy.

"Yeah... I—I just thought...never mind. You'll text me right?" She knew she was grasping for straws but I made her feel too good to let me go without a fight.

I tilted his head to the side giving her a sincere smile trying to decide on how I should've responded. She immediately blushed under my gaze, desperately wanting me to ruin her one more time.

"I don't think that's a good idea." I wouldn't have minded keeping in touch, but I didn't want to give her the wrong idea. She nodded and I put on my shoes, walking out the door without giving her a second look. 

Devon: You up?

I knew Summer was probably fast asleep. It was around three in the morning when I got back to my room. Naively, I still waited for a reply. After a half-hour passed I knew I wasn't hearing from her tonight. Defeated, I took a shower washing away every nook, and cranny Claire left sweet wet kisses. I placed my hands on the wall of the shower sighing, letting the water run from my hair past my eyelashes.

I wanted her, bad.

I banged lightly on the shower wall out of frustration before turning off the water. Blindly reaching for my towel, I wrapped it around my waist before grabbing a clean tee and roughly rubbing it on my head to dry my hair.

I had always found Summer attractive, but she was my first real friend. I didn't want to mess that up by fucking her.

For a brief moment during our senior year of high school, I found himself crushing on her. Hard. She had a boyfriend then so we weren't spending as much time together as we usually did.

Her boyfriend turned out to be a dick.

I clenched the edge of the sink just thinking about her scumbag ex. He treated her like shit, cheating on her throughout their entire relationship. And when he got caught? He blamed her for it. Telling her if they had sex more he wouldn't have had to look for it elsewhere. I beat him bloody when I found out what he did to my Summer. I earned myself a three-day suspension and some bruised knuckles but I didn't care.

My father was a cheater. I hated being reminded of my father. Summer cried as she tended to my wounds. She was devastated by what he had done to her. She was also surprised I was even capable of expressing that much anger.

When it came to her I lost all rationale. I wanted to protect her. I hated men who made women feel like shit. Men who lied to get what they wanted and hurt the ones they supposedly loved. They were pussies in my eyes.

I shook my head as a way of telling my brain to shut up.

Now in my room, I slid on some Calvin Klein boxers and turned my speaker on to a soft volume. Hopefully, in the morning my head would be a bit clearer.

            ...

Summer's POV

"Are you still sleeping? It's one o'clock honey."

My mom had graced me with one of her weekly calls, sounding as condescending as ever. I knew she meant well, but she didn't know how tired I was. School was exhausting, I deserved to sleep in every once in a while. I wouldn't let her make me feel bad about that.

"Mom it's Saturday, I'm tired." I bit my tongue wanting to say more but not having the energy to engage in an argument with her.

She picked up on my tone and sighed heavily on the line. "Just do your best okay? I love you, Summer."

"I love you too mom." She blew me a kiss over the phone and hung up. I threw my device to the other side of my bed and slid on my flip-flops to grab something from the kitchen.

"I thought you and Devon had plans this afternoon?" Jess was putting on lipgloss ready to head out the door.

"Yeah at two-thirty, I'm about to get dressed in a second." I rinsed off an apple and took a seat on the couch. "You look nice." I complimented her and she gave me a wink.

"Thank you. I'm having lunch with Adam's parents." I blew air out of my mouth before taking a bite of my apple. Something about meeting your boyfriend's parents had always been intimidating to me. My ex's parents were divorced so I met them separately and I guess that factor eased some of that tension.

"I probably won't be back tonight, lock up okay?" I waved her off in acknowledgment of her statement. Giving me one final look, she blew me a kiss and disappeared into the hallway.

After I finished my apple, I headed to my room to pick out an outfit for today. It was cold, about forty degrees. I settled on an oversized crewneck and some plain black leggings. I slipped on a pair of blue and white fuzzy socks and slid my feet into my Ugg boots. Devon had texted me a couple of minutes ago telling me he was outside, so I grabbed a scarf and a coat and went to go meet him.

For this scene have the song "Erase" by Omar Apollo on :))

Devon's car always smelled like aftershave, it had become a comforting smell over the years. I learned quickly that it was his preferred scent as he never strayed from it. When it was cold outside, he liked to have his heat on high with the two front windows cracked. It sounded ridiculous but the mixture of cold and warm air was refreshing, a novelty I never knew I needed until I met him.

"You gotta start driving me around." He broke the silence, eyes still straight ahead. He had one hand on the steering wheel and the other lightly tossing the hair on his head.

"Why would I do that, when you're so good at driving?" I hated driving my car, and Devon knew that. I've always had driving anxiety, so I avoided doing it as much as I could. I only drove when it was completely necessary.

He laughed and glanced at me before looking back onto the road. Licking his lips, he turned the radio up and the heat down a bit.

"You want this on?" he gestured to the seat warmer on his console.

"Yeah, I like it." He backed his hand away and readjusted himself in his seat.

Why did guys always look good while driving?

"A few of us are chilling in Ty's room tonight, you stopping by?" I gave it some thought. I wasn't jumping to go out tonight, but it was Tyler. I knew he wouldn't have his dorm stuffed with people. Besides, I could use the break. A little get-together definitely beats sleeping all day.

So I agreed to go.

"Yeah, I'll stop by." He raised his eyebrows and squeezed my knee in response to my answer.

It was strange. Recently Devon seemed different, looked different. It was fleeting, but there was something about him recently that had me stealing more than a few glances. I scoffed and looked out my window, thinking of how ridiculous I must have sounded.

"What's up?" His forehead creased in concern.

"I'm okay," I responded, and I was. No matter what I was feeling, nothing good would have come from pursuing Devon. I knew how he was. He was incapable of having a relationship, and he was too good of a friend to risk on a one-time thing.

No matter how bad I wanted it.

He backed into a driveway, draping his hand on my headrest looking out his back window. He had a back camera but he would refuse to use it.

Stubborn as always.

He put his car in park and started tapping on his phone. A few seconds later a tall figure exited the garage and knocked on the front window of Devon's car.

Devon dapped the boy up exchanging money for weed. The kid gave us both a nod and headed back into the darkness of his garage. Devon and I would both smoke occasionally, and it had been a while since we had both gotten high together.

"What happened to Ace?" I questioned.

"He stopped selling, someone snitched on him to his parents he said." Devon pulled out of the driveway and headed in the direction of our campus.

Ace was a dealer from our school that Devon used regularly. "People are fucked up." Why was it anyone's business what he did to make money? He wasn't hurting anyone and he was a nice kid.

"Yeah." Was all Devon offered me as an answer. He seemed far away in thought. Realizing he wanted to be left alone I turned up the radio and faced my knees towards my door staring out my window.

It was silent the rest of the way back.

Damn, why was he so moody?

...

"I have nothing to wear." Clothes were thrown all over my room. It wasn't like it was going to be a big affair, jeans and a cute top would be just fine. I settled on a white crop top, gray sweatpants, and air forces.

I wasn't in the mood to do a full face of makeup. So instead I spread some brow tint across my eyebrows and lightly put on mascara. I had started getting eyelash extensions a year ago so I didn't have to use much. I concealed my under eyes and bronzed my forehead and my cheeks; highlighting my nose my forehead and my chin.

Swiping some lipgloss over my lips, I was now ready to go. As a finishing touch, I added some water to my hair to bring my curls back to life. Doing a 360 in the mirror, I was satisfied with my look and I headed out the door.

Approaching Tyler's room I heard the soft beat of music coming from his door. I knocked twice and a few seconds later he opened it, cup in hand.

"Hey Summer!" Tyler's face was flushed, he was definitely tipsy. I laughed, happy that he was loosening up. Not that he was tense all the time, but it was nice seeing him come out of his shell.

"Sza! I Like." I knew I liked Ty for a reason. He had great music taste.

"Yeah, she's amazing isn't she?"

I nodded giving him a side hug and slid past him into the room. There were a few familiar faces there, most of the guys were members of the football team, who I'd met through Devon. There was a couple of girls present all keeping to themselves whispering to each other on their phones.

"Summer's here!" Tyler yelled out to the group of people and they all look up in my direction. Embarrassed, I greeted everyone and walked towards the biggest smile in the room.

Devon was sitting on a bed, legs spread waving me over. He was wearing gray shorts and a black Nike shirt. A gold chain dangling from his neck.

He looked good.

I walked over to him arms open wide ready to give him a hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he placed his on the small of my back, slightly lifting me up into the air. "You look good." He whispered his compliment into my ear.

My cheeks began to feel hot as I broke our hug. I thanked him then hopped up on the bed next to him.

"So what's everyone doing?" I asked, trying to distract myself.

A boy handed me a blunt in response to my question. I grabbed it and took a couple of hits before passing it to Devon. I liked smoking, it was relaxing and I always had the best sleep after. The only bad part was it made me kind of horny. I hadn't had sex in three years, I almost forgot what it even felt like.

"He's such a lightweight." A brunette girl noted. I later found out her name was Maya. We all glanced over at Tyler laughing at the state he was in. He was face down on the bed, arms hanging off.

"Not true!" Tyler tried to sit up, but couldn't muster up enough energy. Seconds later he was fully passed out. I laughed to myself thinking about how embarrassed he was going to be in the morning. Maya gave him a small smile and stood up.

"I'm beat, it was nice hanging out with you all! And it was nice meeting you Summer!" She gave me a genuine smile and I waved to her returning the compliment. Before she left she took off Tyler's shoes for him and cleaned his area up a bit.

"She wants him bad," Devon whispered in my ear. I laughed in agreement, but I thought it was cute. I could definitely see them together.

It was around two o'clock in the morning when everyone started leaving. Devon and I were laid across the extra bed in Tyler's room, both too high to move.

"I'm hungry." Devon broke the silence. I burst into laughter, not sure what exactly I was laughing at.

He rested his head on his hand and faced me, "what's so funny? You're not hungry?"

I looked at him shaking my head. We had both eaten almost all the snacks Tyler had out for everyone, and I for one was stuffed. I sat up pulling Devon with me deciding for both of us it was time to go.

"You sleeping with me tonight?" I asked sheepishly.

His face reddened, "Is that an invitation, Nolan?" I rolled my eyes and walked towards the door. He laughed and followed behind me and I took that as confirmation he was coming to my room. We both gave Tyler a look, laughing in sync.

"Goodnight Ty." I turned off his light and gently shut the door behind us.

The intensity of our high had worn off by the time we had made it back to my room thanks to the brick cold air. We both kicked off our shoes falling onto my bed feeling, sleep washing over us.

Seconds away from drifting off Devon spoke, "why do you think you haven't been with anyone else?" The question came so unexpectedly I was almost offended.

"What made you ask that?" I asked defensively.

He looked at me, eyes wide and inquisitive. "I just mean, what are you waiting for? You deserve a happy ending."

I relaxed a bit understanding his concern.

"You shouldn't let what he did to you stop you from finding something—" He cleared his throat before continuing, "someone good for you."

My ex wasn't the only reason I'd stayed single for all this time, but he was a big part of it. I was scared to open that part of myself up to someone else.

"I'm fine, Devon. I don't need anyone right now."

SZA - hit different/ good days acoustic audio starting now <3

"Yea but need you." The statement was rushed life if he didn't say it quickly he'd never have the courage to bring it up again.

Blood rushed to my head immediately, "what?" I responded, but I had heard him. I just didn't understand what he meant.

He closed the gap in between us and slid a strand of hair behind my ear. "You heard me."

A smirk was present on his lips. "Yes, I heard you, but need me how? "

I knew how.

He laughed lowly, never moving his eyes from mine. His voice was raspy, a combination of being tired and smoking.

"In every way possible."

The room was getting hot and I felt my hands getting moist. He must have picked up on how much his words were affecting me because he then asked, "do you feel the same way?"

His head was tilted to the side patiently awaiting my answer.

Truthfully? I was. Just for a moment, I wanted to feel his hands exploring my body, and I wanted to explore his. I started imagining what his lips would feel like on mine. This was exactly why I don't smoke. But I wasn't sure if it was just the weed anymore. Admittedly, I had always been curious to know what it was like to be with Devon. I never spent overtime on the thought not wanting to jeopardize what we had. I didn't want to do something we were both going to regret. But my body was betraying my mind, filling my thoughts with sinful images of only him.

"No obligations," he spoke. It was like he had read my mind.

"One night."

"What do you mean?"

I needed to know nothing was going to change.

"I can't stop thinking about you Summer. I want you in ways I can't explain. It's been torture."

His honey-brown eyes were pleading with mine.

"Since we were eighteen Summer. That's how long I've wanted you. I've kept it to myself because it wasn't worth losing you over. But now? It's getting harder and harder to resist you."

Everything slowly started to make sense. He stopped telling me about other girls, he got upset every time he brought up Jay.

"All I'm asking for is one night, nothing has to change after. But for the sake of curiosity, let me make you feel good just for tonight Summer."

The tension in the room was reaching dangerous levels. I wanted him so bad it hurt. I pressed my thighs together ignoring the little heartbeat coming from in between them.

I leaned into his face, moving my eyes from his gaze to his lips. "Just for tonight?" My voice was so quiet it was almost a whisper.

He grabbed my waist pulling me on top of him, I could feel him growing under me. "Just for tonight." Our lips were dangerously close to touching now. We sat there staring at each other waiting for the other to make the first move.

"You're mine tonight, Summer Nolan."

Before I could offer him a response his lips crashed onto mine, sealing our fate for the rest of the night.

We'd just have to deal with the consequences in the morning.

➳♥

END

Hey besties! 🧍🏽‍♀️

How do we feel about this chapter? I kinda hate it idk but like I said I'm just experimenting.

Things spice up between Summer and Devon in the next chapter 😏

Hopefully it doesn't complicate things. 🏃🏽‍♀️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Seasons By sunah

Teen Fiction

15.2K 262 49
"I'll always be here, you know that, Rose." Insta-love something I dread but something I crave... Azariah D'Amore BH University's second most talked...
22.1K 964 25
All through high school, Reagan Bell and Alec Mason, inseparable childhood friends and neighbors, had wanted to go to the same college. Had planned t...
1.1K 22 14
"Do you understand that I'm just like you, Mina?" I envy those who are loved. And Dae has it all, the love, the support, everything... There are no...
29.2K 507 18
A girl named Diamond is in the senior year of middle school and she has a crush on the boy she loves. She makes her love known to him not knowing wha...