Monsters of Manhattan

By Blindinglights

People aren't called monsters because they paint rainbows and snowflakes. No, they're called monsters because... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One: Monsters in New York City
Chapter Two: Addict in Greenwich Village
Chapter Three: A Coma in the Upper West Side
Chapter Four: Assaulted in the Upper East Side
Chapter Five: A Walk Through Central Park
Chapter Six: Back in Manhattan
Chapter Seven: Kissing on Broadway
Chapter Eight: The Boy from Brooklyn
Chapter Nine: Secrets of Brooklyn
Chapter Ten: Before Brooklyn Arrives
Chapter Eleven: The Truth About Chelsea
Chapter Twelve: Midnight Meeting in SoHo
Chapter Thirteen: Brokenhearted on the Upper East Side
Chapter Fourteen: Moments in the City
Chapter Fifteen: Fashion, Accusations, & Manhattan Prep
Chapter Sixteen: Love in Manhattan
Chapter Seventeen: Friends in the City
Chapter Eighteen: New York, I Love You
Chapter Nineteen: Phone Calls in Paris
Chapter Twenty-One: Naked in New York

Chapter Twenty: Kissing in Paris

160 3 2
By Blindinglights

“Arrêter que!” an elder woman shrieked as French teenagers threw around a hacky sack outside the steps of Norte Dame. The troublemaking teens laughed before running off as the senior rushed as fast as she could towards security. 

“Funny how all adolescents act the same in different cultures,” a soft voice muttered behind the thick church pillar I was standing in front of. I immediately held tight to my Chanel purse and took a step towards the gathering tourist crowd entering the famous church.

“Didn’t take you as the religion type, my dear.” The voice behind the pillar continued.

I’ve heard of horror stories about young billionaire heiresses being kidnapped and raped without any explanation other than “The rich must pay a price too!” This man concealed by a pillar will not steal my innocence, or what is left of it, if I had anything to say about it.

I sped up my movement and almost caught up with the crowd, when a hand grasped my arm. A scream nearly escaped my mouth, but another hand strategically covered my parted lips. I’m dragged back to the corner I had ran from, and before I can start kicking and punching anything I can touch, four words escape my assaulter’s lips, “I love you, Chelsea.”

Before I can comprehend the words that have been uttered, soft full lips clash against mine and I’m lost in a sea of bliss and confusion. As I regain my self-awareness, I shove my assaulter and take a few steps back nearly stumbling.

“You!” How could he show up hours late! I had waited for him for 2 hours in Paris’ unpredictable weather. Water now soaked my entire attire and he had the audacity to kiss me as a condolence.

“I’m surprised you waited this long,” Logan smirked as he ran his hand through his wet blonde hair. It was longer than the last time I had seen him four months ago, but he still held the same perfect blue eyes and blinding smile. 

I shove him one more time before walking away. I don’t stop when I hear footsteps behind me.

“What did you want me to do, Chelsea?” Logan states. I can hear his breath increasing as he tries to keep up with my pace. Thank you, Cardio.

He sighs. “I would’ve called you, but I was scared Ethan would’ve answered, and after I canceled our meeting at Thoumieux I was sure you would never see or hear from me again.” Seeing that I was not convinced by his idea of an apology, my journey towards a cab is halted as Logan once again firmly grasps my arm.

“Let me go!” I yell. Absolutely not caring if bystanders hear our conversation. I wipe my wet hair out of my face and state the words I should’ve text when I received his message weeks ago: “Never speak to me again. You’re dead to me, Logan. I waited for you at Thoumieux for hours, looked like a complete idiot, and you text me the next day to excuse your behavior, only to have my husband read your message and nearly destroy my marriage!”

“Ethan’s not your husband!” he says through gritted teeth. I smile, knowing I finally have the upper hand. Logan and I have been dancing a love and hate tango for too long. As I sat alone in Thoumieux for hours, I thought about all the consequences that could occur if Logan and I carried out a love affair.

For starters, I would lose the company my mother’s family had taken generations to build.

My father would disown me for disobeying orders, Andrew would never forgive me for engaging in despicable acts with a man he does not approve of, and last but not least, Ethan would be heartbroken.

I mean everything to him. Ever since his accident, which I may or may not have caused, we’ve been close. Our engagement and move to Paris has intensified that relationship. We shared our first real kiss as a married couple on top of the Eiffel Tower. I kept uttering about how every inch of my body was freezing and Ethan kept staring at me without saying much, before he finally leaned in and kissed me.

It was perfect, and in the pleasurable moment, I forgot about Logan, my mother’s company, Justin and Amy, and everything else that worried me. Nothing else matter other than Ethan loving me, and how I could learn to love him back.

“When you left me at Thoumieux I thought about how much I would give up for you, and then I thought about how much you would give up for me. Nothing came to mind, Logan. We’re perfect for each other on paper, but our love cannot be when I’ve fallen in love with someone else.” Speaking those words fired an electric current throughout my body. I was in love with Ethan, my husband, and nothing—not even a foolish 17-year-old boy—could change that.

“You’re making a mistake, Chelsea. He won’t love you after all you’ve caused him.” Logan obliviously warned.

“He knows everything, and he’s still trying to win my heart. He just doesn’t know it’s already his,” I proclaimed.

“I will win your heart again,” Logan stated as he took a step towards me.  I take a few steps back and utter the words I know will finally put an end to all this false hope he has acquired.

“It will never be yours…” Logan gasped as he took my words in. Moisture begins to prominently show on his eyes, and I want to wipe them away because I know I’m the cause of his pain, however, I resist. This must be done. No more hurt can be caused.

“You…you don’t mean that,” he stuttered, tears escaping his ocean blue eyes. It takes everything within me to not back down and agree to his words. This must be done. Logan must be set free.

I swallow the lump that had been gradually growing in my throat and manage to say: “I’m sorry, Logan, but it’s over.”

Before he can beg me to stay and apologize for all the wrongs he has committed, I turn my back on him one last time and run as fast as I can towards the street corner my driver was waiting in.

Whispering the last words I wished I would’ve said to Logan under my breath: “I love you too.”

--------------

Angels and saints were plastered upon the ceiling, divinely showering the majestic room with a pious atmosphere. Mirrors covered an entire wall, while the wooden floor had fresh polish. The soft French music playing near the black grand piano echoed perfectly against the towering walls.

I sat alone in this Palace of Versailles inspired dance room. My green eyes stared at the perfectly pampered girl in the room. She was breathtaking; her rosy cheeks hinted her innocence, while her entire body radiated beauty and grace, but her eyes…her eyes shared a deep sadness. It was as if she was being tortured from within and she was. I was.

The heavy oak double doors to the room were pushed open with great force. A furious man with soft hazel eyes walked through, curly brown hair swaying along with his steps. 

“I told you not to see Logan!” the beautiful man shouts.

I sigh. I knew I could not prevent this fight between Ethan and I. He had warned me various times to stay away from Logan. At first, I thought it was out of jealousy, however, he later on came to confess he was scared of being discovered.

“Chelsea, you know if anyone finds out our marriage is a illegitimate, we can be charged with fraud!”

“I just wanted to say goodbye,” I explained, knowing Ethan would not have it. He shook his head, before pinching the bridge of his nose as he took a deep breath.

His eyes are cold when he finally looks up at me. “You had enough time for goodbyes, now people want to know why you’re waiting outside a church for hours on a man that isn’t your husband!”

“He deserved a goodbye, Ethan!” I defended. Ethan had never been upset about Logan before. He always assured me Logan would come running back to me. Why was he so upset now? After all, didn’t he know I no longer possessed any feelings for Logan? My heart belongs to him, he must know right?

“The man that’s hurting deserves better than what he’s receiving,” he says. I’m sure we’re no longer talking about Logan.

“Ethan,” I start. He raises his hand to stop me from speaking.

“Pack your bags, we’re heading back to New York City tomorrow morning,” he announces turning to walk away.

“What? Why?”

Without turning around to take another glance at me, he says: “Andrew found a way to get us divorced ahead of schedule.”

My heart dropped. Ethan didn’t know I loved him. As he exited the room, I thought of calling him back and professing my love, but I remained quiet and alone.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

543K 49K 34
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
114K 5K 55
แ€„แ€šแ€บแ€„แ€šแ€บแ€€แ€แ€Šแ€บแ€ธแ€€แ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€”แ€พแ€„แ€ทแ€บแ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€™แ€แ€Šแ€ทแ€บแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€”แ€พแ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€กแ€œแ€พแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€กแ€•แ€ผแ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€กแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€ผแ€›แ€ฌแ€€ แ€™แ€ญแ€˜แ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€›แ€ฒแ€ทแ€กแ€แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€กแ€€แ€ผแ€•แ€บแ€…แ€ฎแ€…แ€‰แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€™แ€พแ€ฏแ€€แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€ทแ€บแ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€กแ€•แ€ฑแ€ซ...
38.9K 1.7K 18
"Show me somethin' different once, I come from where there's no love." COPYRIGHT 23. #1 ATLANTA 05/01/2024 ๐Ÿ†
565K 2.2K 62
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!