The Falcon, Stark and The Win...

By autumnfarmer13

You have been living in Brooklyn, New York for the past five years ever since your father died. Last year, y... More

Brooklyn, New York
Not afraid
New Captain America
Someone to meet
Isaiah
Therapy session
Zemo
Familair stranger
Company
Take down Walker
Getting out of hand
Gaining Karli's trust
Know what to do
Getting the shield
What to do now
Isaiah Bradley
Difficult decision
Good talks
Difficult missions
Life that became yours

"Captain America"

977 14 4
By autumnfarmer13

You made a few calls having Bucky and you arrive at a hanger with jets.

You get passed a few workers, glancing around for Sam.

"He should be here." You then witness him talking to someone upstairs.

"There." Bucky points as Sam without a care in the world is walking down the stairs. He then spots you and Bucky and becomes starstruck.

You raise an eyebrow, ready to lay it out on Sam. Bucky noticed your facial expression.

"Hey." Bucky reminded you.

"Yeah, yeah. Be nice." You sarcastically shot to Bucky.

Sam then meets you downstairs as you are walking toward Sam with anger.

"Shouldn't have given up the shield." You shot to Sam, biting the bottom of your lip.

"Good to see you too, Y/N. Buck." Sam greets and then ignores you, heading toward a jet ready to go.

"This is wrong." You follow Sam, who kept on walking not listening.

"Hey, hey, look, I'm working, all right? So all this outrage is gonna have to wait." Sam shoved you off.

"You didn't know that was gonna happen?" Bucky questioned Sam, eyes in a worry.

"No, of course I didn't know that was gonna happen. You think it didn't break my heart to see them march him out there and call him the new Captain America?" Sam questioned you and Bucky but you shook your head, not believing anything.

"This isn't what Steve wanted." You shake your head to Sam.

"Oh, my God. So, what do you want me to do? Call America and tell 'em I changed my mind? Huh?" Sam chuckled, "Yeah, right. It's a great reunion, Y/N, be well." Sam pats you on the back.

"Yeah, man. You had no right to give up the shield, Sam." Bucky stepped in.

Sam turned hostile and stopped walking toward the jet. "Hey. This is what you're not gonna do. You're not gonna come here in your overextended life and tell me about my rights. It's over, guys. Besides, I have bigger things to deal with now."

"What could be bigger than this?" Your voice tender, full of pity.

Sam takes out his phone and shows a man with a mask on. "This guy. His connections with rebel organizations all over Eastern and Central Europe, and he's strong. Too strong."

"And?" Bucky raises an eyebrow.

"Well, he's been connected to this online group called the Flag Smashers. Now, Redwing traced them to a building somewhere outside of Munich. So that's where I'm going." Sam then turns his back on you and Bucky.

"Well, I don't trust Redwing. Hold on a minute." Bucky stopped Sam by walking in front of him.

"You don't have to trust Redwing, but I'mma go see if he's right. 'Cause I have a feeling they might be a part of the Big Three." Sam explained and you and Bucky turn to each other, confused.

"What Big Three?"

"The Big Three." Sam nods like you should understand.

"What Big Three?" You questioned again.

"Androids, aliens, and wizards." Sam explained.

"That's not a thing." You chuckle.

"That's definitely a thing." Sam corrected.

"No, it's not." Bucky backed you up.

"Every time we fight, we fight one of the three." Sam reminds.

"So, who are you fighting now, Gandalf?" Bucky asked in a sarcastic tone.

"How do you know about Gandalf?" Sam's face turned puzzled.

"I read The Hobbit in 1937 when it first came out." Bucky explained. Your eyes widened a little, realizing you are in love with a 106 year old man.

"So you see my point?" Sam's eyes widened in excitement.

"No, I don't. There are no wizards." Bucky fought.

"Doctor Strange."

"Is a sorcerer." You corrected Sam.

"Aah!" Sam chuckles, "A sorcerer is a wizard without a hat. Think about it. Right? I'm right. I just came up with that. It's crazy." Sam laughed at himself. "But that's not the point. These guys aren't magical. All right? They use brute force just like you and you. The incredibly annoying guy and the girl with attitude in front of me with the staring problem." Sam scanned your body with attitude of his own.

Sam then walked towards the jet.

"I'm coming with you." You follow Sam, not taking a no for an answer.

"Yeah, me too." Bucky chimed in.

"No, you're not." Sam shakes his head and pointed at you, stopping swiftly in front of you.

You raise an eyebrow, giving Sam a heads up that you are going with him. By the looks of it, Sam knew you were not going to let this go and win this, so without fighting, he lets on you on the jet.

On the jet, you were staring viciously at Sam's eyes. You didn't blink and he returned it. Sam rolled his eyes at you and stood up, heading to the storage to put his earpiece in. You stood up but Bucky motioned his hand to stop you. He walks up to Sam.

"I have a plan." Sam told you.

"So what's the plan?" Bucky questioned Sam. Without answering, Bucky and you already knew the answer.

"Great, so no plan." You shot sarcastically.

"Enjoy your ride, Y/N. Buck." Sam nods to farewell.

"No, you don't get to call me that." Bucky, out of nowhere got defensive. You tucked in your lips as you stood up, actually having that side turn you on.

"Why not? Steve called you that." Sam scoffed.

"Steve knew me longer and Steve had a plan." Bucky shot.

"I have a plan." Sam repeated in a annoyed tone.

"Great, what is it?" You turning slightly annoyed questioned Sam from behind.

He doesn't answer. He just gears up.

"Thirty seconds!"

Suddenly, the doors fly open and Sam jumps out with no hesitation. Your eyes widened as you rushed over to grab a chute.

"It's only 200 feet. It's too low for one." The man informed you. You raise an eyebrow and put it back.

"I don't need one anyway." You walked over to the door and glanced down, seeing only trees and not knowing how far the ground was.

"You're going to jump?" Bucky asked you, shocked.

"Yeah, you're surprised?" You raise an eyebrow.

"Nah." Bucky played it off.

You then crack your neck and jump off the jet.

You hit a couple of trees and branches, but nothing you couldn't handle. Yelling, you hit the ground, landing on your back.

Suddenly, a couple of feet from you lands Bucky. He groans.

You chuckle and shot up. "You alright?" You hover over him. Bucky smiled and you give him your arm to help him up. He then knocked you off your feet, having you on top of him.

"I am now." Bucky grins. Your hands were flat on the ground. If you let go, you would of had been inches away from his lips.

You laughed nervously and stood up. Without helping Bucky, he stands on his own two feet.

Suddenly, Redwing comes flying over to you and Bucky.

"I got that all on camera." Sam into the microphone cackled.

You swung at Redwing.

"Oh-ho-ho. Don't hurt him." Sam teased.

"Where are you?" You asked annoyingly.

"Head north."

You and Bucky head north, and reveal a abandoned place.

You and Bucky walk inside, having metal parts roam the place.

Suddenly, redwing comes out of nowhere again.

"Sam." You groan annoyingly, swinging at Redwing again. You glance to the left and reveal Sam hiding, eyes focused on something.

"Bucky." You grab his attention and rush over to Sam. You tilt your head and stare at people loading boxes into a truck.

"You're doing the staring thing again. They're in there." Sam points out and you roll your eyes nonchalantly.

"Where's the guy?" Bucky questioned.

"I don't know. I think they're smuggling weapons, though." Sam pointed out.

"Well, I think you could be right. But there's only one way to find out. I see a clear path. I say we take it." Bucky takes it upon himself and began to walk forward.

"We're not assassins." Sam grabbed Bucky's arm sternly.

"I'll see you inside or not." Bucky raised an eyebrow in a serious way.

"Hey, come on, man. I'm just messing with you. Come back." Sam joked but Bucky was long gone.

You sigh out and glance over to Sam. "What now?"

"Just wait. Don't go off by yourself." Sam demanded you.

"I'm not a child." You shot. "Even if, I only see two people. I can take them." You signal to the two guys loading the boxes.

"Please-" Sam scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Really? You don't think I can?" You huff, and head towards the men loading the boxes.

Sam grabs your arm and pulled you back. "You know that's not what I meant."

"Then what did you mean?" You glare at Sam.

"Sam, Y/N. What is going on?" Bucky from the earpiece butts in.

"Nothing." You and Sam spat in unison. "Look at you. All stealthy. A little time in Wakanda and you come out White Panther." Sam chuckled.

"It's actually White Wolf." Bucky corrected.

"Huh?"

"By the way, she can take them." Bucky in the earpiece informed Sam.

Sam shoots you a chuckle and pats your back, "I know she can."

You then spot Bucky looking at the men like prey. You and Sam sneak up behind him. "All right, I'm inside. Therefore, way ahead of you. It's not great, but very doable."

Bucky then realized your next to him and his face turns confused. "Huh?"

"All right, let's go." You step forward and Bucky grabs your arm the same way Sam did. You groan.

"No, wait. I got a vibranium arm. I can take them." Bucky informs.

"And I can too. Who gives a shit?" You shot to Bucky and roll your eyes.

"Wait. I want to see where they're going." Sam studied the men.

"There's two people." You inform.

"You only see two?" Sam questioned you like you didn't know what you were talking about.

"That's what I saw." You roll your eyes nonchalantly.

"Let me see what Redwing sees." Redwing comes to light and scans the area.

"Oh, look at that. How many people you see now?" Sam chuckled at you, liking to know you were wrong.

You sigh.

"One, two... Oh, here it comes again. Four. Five. Yeah, five. Yeah." Sam chortled.

"So they're strong. Whatever. All right, let's go." You step forward but Bucky stopped you by grabbing your arm.

"No, no, wait."

"What now?" You asked in a annoyed tone.

"There's an eighth person. I think they have a hostage."

You, Bucky and Sam run out of the building as the trucks begin to move. Sam suits up and flies over as you and Bucky take the lower.

Bucky and you catch up to the trucks as you jump on one and struggle to hang on. Bucky jumps on the other truck behind you.

You grunt as you open the back of the truck, hopping inside.

You reveal storage boxes and study the packaging labels.

"They're stealing medicine. Vaccines." You inform Bucky and Sam through the earpiece.

Suddenly, you reveal a girl, who hides curiously behind the boxes. She peeks out and when she sees you, she hides herself again.

"Hi." You greet in a sweet tone.

"Y/N, talk to us. What's goin' on?"

"Found the hostage." You turn your head and spoke quietly into the earpiece.

"You okay?" You step forward, eyes studying her. Weirdly, she smiled in a creepy way. Your eyebrows raise as she pushes you off the truck in full power. You slam against the glass and wince in pain.

Suddenly, you feel yourself getting pulled up by two men from the roof. You fight back and kick, but it was no use. The two men had you each by one arm as they punch your abdomen.

The same girl jumps on the roof of the truck and under her mask, you could feel her smiling. You cough and your legs were weak.

Redwing comes from the sky and lands right into the girls arms. She grabs Redwing and smashes it with her leg.

You groan, "I always wanted to do that."

Sam comes flying down, running right into the girl, knocking her to her feet. Bucky comes from behind you and takes one of the guys by the waist and slams him on the ground.

"Good of you to join the fight, guys!" You yelled sarcastically as you kneed the other man in the shin. As he tried to stand on his feet, you body slam him.

The trucks were parallel to each other as men from the other truck hop over and fight. You grunt as you punch the men and Sam and Bucky take their own.

Suddenly, one man grabs your hair and yanks you to the edge. He grabs your legs and drags you closer and closer to the edge.

From the air, you reveal a man in the Captain America suit swarm down and start fighting the super soldiers. Your face became puzzled as another man kicked one of the soldiers off the truck.

In the corner of your eye, you see one of the super soldiers kick Bucky off the truck. Your eyes widened at such a sight.

"No!" You kick but the man kicked you in the face, rough.

You became limp as the man threw you off the truck. You flew in the air, thinking that your body was going to slam on hard cement. In the nick of time, Captain America used his shield to break your fall from underneath.

You slid a couple of feet until the shield broke your stop. You gasped, looking under you and seeing the shield. You stood up quickly and glance at Captain America.

He shoots you a thumbs up. You shot him a puzzled face.

Captain America and his side kick didn't last long on the roof of the truck as the men kicked them both off. They both land on their feet as the truck drives off. You groaned wearily.

You picked up the shield and carcass it, smiling sweetly to it. It made you remind yourself of Steve and how much you miss him. You sniff as you hear footsteps approach.

"John Walker, Captain America." He introduced himself in a respectful manner.

"Lemar Hoskins." His buddy on his left side introduced.

"Hey." You awkwardly greet. There was an awkward moment of silence. Walker motions you to hand over the shield. Hesitating, you hand it over.

"Which way you headed?" Walker questioned you like you were buddies.

You glanced around, confused. By the looks of it, Walker and Hoskins realized. "Come on, we have a jeep just up ahead. We'll help you find them."

"I think I got it from here." You tuck in your lips, smiling sarcastically and rudely.

"Let is help you." Walker shot in a annoyed way.

You sighed, "Fine, okay."

"I wouldn't act like that to the person that just saved your life." Hoskins mellowly whispered to Walker. Walker shrugged it off.

"I was doing fine, first of all, Hoskins." You grimaced at him.

"Really? Because if I didn't throw my shield, you would've had a broken back." Walker fought you.

"My shield?!" You turned hostile at Walker, walking towards him in a violent manner. "I don't need your help. Not now, not ever." You shot to them.

You shoved them out of the way and walked straight. You felt Walker and Hoskins from behind just stare at you as you were walking way. All you wanted to do was find Bucky and Sam to know what the next step is.

Ten minutes rolled by and you still had no sign of Bucky and Sam. You groan to yourself as your feet were killing you.

"Who does he think he is just prancing himself as Captain America? Sure, he did all the work but-" You groan out of frustration.

Suddenly, you hear tires screech. You kept your eyes forward, knowing it was Walker and Hoskins.

"Ah, there she is." A familiar voice from inside of the car says. Your eyes turn curious as you glanced over, revealing Bucky and Sam inside the car.

Your feet stopped. "Hi." You embarrassingly say. Bucky and Sam hop out of the jeep. You wince randomly, holding your abdomen.

"You alright?" Bucky rushed over to you, noticing you are in pain.

"Yeah." You shake it off.

"So that didn't go as planned, huh?" Walker joked to you.

You glare at Walker, who noticed.

"Look, at least we know what we're up against now, huh? And we're pretty sure it's one of the Big Three, so..."

"Aliens, androids, or wizards?" Sam butted in.

"Pretty sure." Walker nods.

"There's no such thing as wizards." You corrected.

"Then it's aliens, or androids..."

"Or Super Soldiers." Bucky interrupted Walker.

"Shit. Super Soldiers, for real?" Hoskins from the left side of the Jeep questioned, not believing it.

"Wow. All right, well, then we gotta work together." Walker suggested.

"That's not happening." You immediately shot.

"I think we stand a much better chance if we all just..."

You stopped swiftly, "Just 'cause you carry that shield, it doesn't mean you're Captain America." You shot.

"Look, I've done the work, okay?" Walker tried to explain himself but you were not up to hearing it.

"You ever jump on top of a grenade?" You raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Actually, I have. Four times. It's a thing I do with my helmet. It's a reinforced helmet. It's a long story, but, any... Look, it's 20 miles to the airport. You need a ride. Gary, stop. Get in. Stop being so stubborn and let me help you." Walker stares at you three. Bucky realized that you were hurt to you three hop inside of the Jeep.

You weren't going to say a word, though.

"Okay, so we've got eight Super Soldiers on a bulk supply run. Why?" Walker questioned the whole Jeep but no one answered.

"They say their mission is to get things back to the way it was during The Blip. Maybe they're just trying to help." Sam answered in a way which he didn't want to.

"They had a funny way of showing it." Bucky imputed.

"That serum doesn't exactly have a great track record. No offense." Walker nervously says.

"We need to figure out where they're going. How'd you track 'em here? The Flag Smashers?" Sam curiously asked Walker.

"Uh, no, we didn't track them, we tracked you, uh, through Redwing." Walker answered.

"You hacked my tech?" Sam turned hostile at the situation.

Walker chuckled, "Sorry. It's not exactly hacking. It's government property. Kind of the government." Walker then noticed you staring at him and glare. "Does she always just stare like that?"

"You get used to it." Bucky shot to Walker.

"Okay, look," Walker clears his throat, "you know, things have gotten kind of, uh..."

"Chaotic." Bucky finished.

"Yeah. The GRC, they're doing the best they can to get things up and running smoothly, post Blip." Walker informed.

"Reactivating citizenship, social security, healthcare. Basically just managing resources for the refugees who were displaced by the return." Hoskins imputed.

"The Global Repatriation Council does all that. I get that. So why exactly are you two here?" Individually, Sam studied them.

"Well, they provide the resources and we keep things stable." Hoskins adds.

"Yeah, violent revolutionaries aren't usually good for anyone's cause." Walker sucked his teeth in.

"Usually said by the people with the resources." Sam scoffed.

"We got a lot of resources. If you guys, if you joined up with us, we could..."

"No." You shot out of nowhere.

"I got mad respect for you three. But you were getting your asses kicked till we showed up." Hoskins informs and chuckled.

"Who are you?"

"Lemar Hoskins." He formally introduced himself.

"Look, I see a guy hanging out of a helicopter in tactical gear, I need a lot more than Lemar Hoskins." Sam eyes him.

"I'm Battlestar. John's partner." Hoskins adds.

"Battlestar? Stop the car!" Sam yelled to the driver.

"Look, I... I get it, okay? I get the attitude, I do. You didn't think that the shield was gonna end up here. I get it. And I'm... I'm not trying to be Steve. I'm not trying to replace Steve. I'm just trying to be the best Captain America I can be. That's it. It'd be a whole lot easier if I had Cap's wingmen on my side."

You scoffed, "It's always that last line."

As the car came to a stop, you were the first one to hop off. Without even glancing back, you go down a dirt road.

You had every reason to be upset. Seeing this wannabe Captain America thinking he could take the shield from Steve's name just like that. There was no way you were going to show any respect for him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 3 28
Skye was a 25 year old with a secret. She's been on the run for years and finally she's caught by shield and Steve Rogers aka Captain America decides...
72.1K 2K 14
You and your best friend Mari find yourselves stuck in what looks like an alternative universe, the mcu seems to be taking place around you, and whil...
1.3K 47 20
(The title has nothing to do with anyone breaking up, so don't worry) Six months ago, Elisabeth got her family back. All seems calm, but as she and...
1.8K 48 35
It was a rough start for the four friends from Brooklyn, but soon they became as thick as thieves. One was too daring for their own good. One took...