The Tales of Arjun and Pancha...

By Love_reading12

The tales of Arjun and Panchali revolve around the scenes the great Ved Vyaas gave us in Mahabharata for the... More

The Goodbye - Part 1
The GOODBYE - PART 2
The Goodbye Part III: ~ An Escapade~
The Goodbye - Part IV : ~An Escapade Continues~
The Goodbye - Part V : ~ Union, Separation? ~
Part VI : ~Final Adieu~
LONGING
The Separation Continues
SOLACE
Thankyou for 4k reads!
A Romantic Moment
Friendly Intervention
A Promise
SEEDS OF LOVE
Blessing
Emotions
Lost
TRIP

Realisation

1.2K 57 30
By Love_reading12

Recap :

Arjun's POV :

"Wait, let me wipe that rice off your face", I told her. She looked confused and in no time my hungry lips started devouring her full lips. "Hmmm, the khichdi was really tasty, wasn't it, baby?" I bent down and said looking at her belly.

"You and your antics will never cease. I love you, Arjun and we love you too. We can't wait to welcome you!", she said while caressing her belly. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arjun's POV :

I was done with my early morning practise and prayers. It was a beautiful day which marked the beginning of Panchali's second trimester of pregnancy. Before heading towards the RajSabha, I decided to visit her. While on my way, I plucked out a rose and increased my pace to reach her chamber. Panchali's chamber was hustling with activity as the Empress herself was getting ready. The sight that I saw in front of me brought a smile on my face. I just leaned on a pillar nearby without making any noise and observed my queen. She was examining her belly in the mirror. Her belly was now peeking out indicating the fact that she is now four months pregnant. Her thick curls were dancing on her back which were yet to be tied in her signature long plait. The blue lotus smell emanating from her was hitting my senses. I cursed the fact that it was already morning now and I couldn't spend much time romancing my beautiful wife.

"Parth, are you done ogling at me?", Panchali said smirking.

"Ah, ofcourse, you caught me like always! I am not as good as a warrior that I think I am. How am I spotted from so afar even by my pregnant wife?", I complained like a child.

"That's because your wife is aware of your every heartbeat, of your every breath, then how can she not recognize the sound of her beloved's footsteps?" she asked while turning around making me melt with her pearly white smile. The pregnancy glow was making her look even more divine. This Yagnaseni was making it harder for me to control myself.

"You look so beautiful, darling. I wish I could stare at you all day long. Come here, my beauty", I said and stepped forward to envelope her in a hug. I didn't want to leave her from my arms. I felt like protecting this delicate woman who had nothing but only love to give me. I cannot believe how much I love her! Sometimes I wonder how am I able to share her even? I looked into her lotus shaped eyes and kissed her forehead. I proceeded to kiss her luscious lips with passion with one hand on her cheek and the other on the back of her waist. Both of us were losing ourselves in the nectar of love every passing second. She pulled back and punched my nose. Her touch was as light as a feather.

"Arjun, we will get late if you keep kissing me like that. See, I'm not even ready yet!", she whined. Well, she was right. I saw her picking up a bottle of oil and was intrigued.

"What's that for, love?" I asked.

"This is some special oil which Arya Sahadev told me about when I was pregnant with Prati. I have to massage it on my belly to keep my skin taut", she explained.

I took the bottle from her hands and carefully poured the oil in my hand. She was standing in front of me without her saree so I quickly started massaging her cute little belly. She just smiled at my antics and held me by the shoulders.

"Baby, how are you doing today? Your mata looks so gorgeous and see how your pitashree is absolutely head over heels in love with her. Both of us can't wait to have you in our arms and shower our love and blessings", I said looking at her belly, making conversation with my child.

"Arjun, what do you think; will it be a girl or a boy?", She asked.

"Well, if it's a boy then we can give him a sister soon. What do you say?", I said while winking at her.

"Arjunnn! Be serious at least once na. I was genuinely curious about who is it going to be", she reprimanded me.

"Darling, does it matter? We are going to love whoever it may be equally then why do you worry? And who said that I was joking? I want to have many babies with you", I said while kissing her nose. She just blushed profusely and kissed my cheek. After we were done with our romance, her dasis quickly made her wear a red saree in which she looked fire herself. I suggested her to not go with her usual plait but to tie a bun and placed the rose in her which I brought when she was fully ready.

"Just a last touch", saying so I look out a few curly strands of her hair which made me go weak in my knees for her. She smiled at her reflection and looked at me from the mirror and mouthed a thank you. It was my turn to get ready now. So, I ordered the daasis to get my red dhoti to match her. After I changed, she helped me with my usual princely ornaments and in the end made me wear my diadem. She was quick to put kajal tikka behind my ear.

"Panchali, more than me it's you who needs to be away from the evil eye", I said while taking some kajal and putting it behind her ear.

"What to do, Arjun? You are so handsome. I don't want anyone to steal you", she said possessively and wrapped her arms around my neck. I picked her up in my arms and walked towards the Rajsabha. She made me put her down before reaching there as she was feeling shy.

"Satyaaa! Satyaaa!", she called out her sakhi who was standing a few feet away from us with Madhav. We went towards them.

"Govind, here you are. Let's enter the Rajsabha together", I said while hugging him.

"I must say today both of you look like the divine pair. Just like Shiv and Shakti themselves. May your love blossom always ", Satya expressed her love with teary eyes and enveloped Panchali in a hug. It was a pleasant surprise to see this side of Govind's Satyabhama as she was known to be fierce.

"You are right, Bhama. They look like The Divine Pair. I am so happy for you both", Madhav said with a knowing smile.

We entered the Sabha and Bhrata Yudhistir, Bhrata Bheem, Nakul and Sahadev were all present. Panchali went ahead and sat on the throne beside Bhrata Yudhistir. He started conversing with her and I could sense the concern in his voice. His eyes were smitten by my wife's beauty or should I say ours? She answered all the questions patiently with warmth radiating from her every word. I could see she was comfortable with him and why won't she be? After all, they had all spent more time with her than me. Many things were discussed in the Sabha, especially the preparations for Rajsuya yagna. In the end, Maharaj announced to distribute gold coins, sweets and clothes in the kingdom as Panchali had stepped in the second trimester of her pregnancy. The Sabha was disbursed and it was time for Royal Lunch. I was discussing some matters with Bhrata Bheem and Madhav when Panchali came to call us for lunch.

"Panchali, you are glowing like a Goddess. Do you feel like eating the special dal which I make for you? Remember, while you were pregnant with Sutasom, you always felt like having it", Bhrata Bheem said with love. I could see how much he loved her and cared for her. I felt a pang of hurt or jealously, maybe? They all knew about her needs more than me.

"Yes, Arya Bheem, please make that for me tomorrow! How do you always know what I feel like eating?", Panchali jested and left. I saw her retreating figure and felt like I'm losing her.

"Wait, Panchali, I'll also come to see today's lunch arrangements", Bhrata Bheem said and followed her.

"Parth, what is it? Why has the color of your face changed so much?", Madhav asked with concern.

"Madhav, sometimes I feel I barely have done anything for her. I was the won to win her hand in Swayamvar but destiny distanced us the most. Whenever I see my brothers concerned about her, I understand the depth and severity of our situation in a more profound manner. When I'm with her, I feel like she only loves me and we have this own little world of ours but isn't the reality far from this? She loves us all; she knows us all well. She is an ideal wife, Madhav. Do you think my brothers ever feel like this, like me? I want her all for myself. How do we know they don't feel the same way? I was far from this life for the last twelve years. I never felt the implications because perhaps I was busy running away from them. I married thrice after her. I made a world for myself but she never left my heart, mind and soul. She continued to reside there, she continued to haunt my dreams. It was always Panchali for me! Every breath I take has her name written on it. You know when I saw her angry and jealous when I returned with Subhadra, I felt relieved. I got my confirmation that I still reside in heart. I thought she must have forgotten me. But she had the same love intact, perhaps even more. Now, look at me, I am the one who is feeling helpless. It was our decision to have her as the common wife and I despise that decision now. She faced it all alone without me and here I can't even face it with you and her being at my side. I wish I could undo it all, I would in the blink of an eye but it's too late now", I ranted it out. I said it all in front of Madhav. He was my best friend and there was no shame in admitting my truth before him. But he just kept looking behind me. I turned around and it was Panchali who was standing there with teary eyes..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : Hi! So, I have updated quickly this time. Hope you all liked this chapter. Here we see Arjun's pain!  Feedback and suggestions are always welcome. Much love. Bye. <3

Also, if anyone is interested to make the cover for this story, then let me know! I wanted to update the cover. Incase I like it and want to use it then I will give credits for the same, don't worry about it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.9K 3.4K 33
โ˜† COMPLETED โœ“โ˜† || ArDi Story || An alliance between 2 kingdoms, a marriage of 2 young kids, a dream that gnaws every night, an answer both are searc...
3.3K 224 9
She was the love within which he desired to be caged forever; He was the leap of faith that had exalted her. When the third Prince of Paandu meets t...
14.1K 746 16
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves~ William Shakespeare โ”โ”โ”โ‹†โ‹…ยฐโœงโ‹…โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”ซโ‹…โœฉโ‹…โ”ฃโ”โ”โ”โ”โ‹…โœงยฐโ‹…โ‹†โ”โ”โ”“ "We'll rewrite our destiny together...
21.4K 499 5
He was just a charioteer's son, who had a rich friend, and she was the Princess of Panchal, about to wed another man. Though it was love at first sig...