White Lies || Scaramouche X R...

By starrula

⇒ "Well, who are you then?" You are an Adventurer for the Adventurer's Guild who was commissioned by the gui... More

~Intro~
Chapter 1 - Who are you?
Chapter 2 - Ulterior Motives
Chapter 3 - The Fatui
Chapter 4 - Umbrella
Chapter 5 - Self Reflection
Chapter 6 - First Stop of the Trip
Chapter 7 - A Warning
Chapter 8 - A Gesture
Chapter 9 - Lost then Found
Chapter 10 - Reunion
Chapter 11 - Blackmail
Chapter 12 - Unexpected News
Chapter 13 - Good Advice
Chapter 14 - The Truth
Chapter 15 - Goodbye..
Chapter 16 - Him again?
Chapter 18 - Another Harbinger has Appeared
Chapter 19 - Sweet Dreams
Chapter 20 - Resume Training
Chapter 21 - Anxious Thoughts
Chapter 22 - Invisible Line
Chapter 23 - Change of Plans
*~「uh thank you??」~*
Chapter 24 - Do you love me?
Chapter 25 - Final Decision
Chapter 26 - Traveling once again
*~「One-shot suggestions?」~*
Chapter 27 - Liyue... again
Chapter 28 - Bonding Time
Chapter 29 - Catching Up
Chapter 30 - About Quitting
Chapter 31 - A Different Course of Action
Chapter 32 - Farwell, Dear Brother
Chapter 33 - Fair Lady
Chapter 34 - Another New Discovery
Chapter 35 (Finale) - A New Era
Future fic ideas

Chapter 17 - Peaceful yet Chaotic

22.8K 925 3.9K
By starrula

《Your POV》

Slowly opening your eyes, you noticed you were in your room. How did you get there? Last thing you remembered, you fell asleep behind one of Mondstadt'a buildings while you were waiting for-

Then it hit you. You remembered what you said to Scaramouche the day before.

"I'm such an idiot.." you whispered. What were you thinking? You practically signed your life away to a Fatui harbinger. For all you knew, he could be tricking you again. Maybe the reason why you said yes was simply because you wanted to believe his words.

You got out of bed, still wearing your clothes from the previous day. Opening the door to the next room, to your surprise, Scaramouche was asleep on your couch. Did he bring you home? How did he know where you lived? You thought it was lowkey creepy but cute at the same time.

You walked up to him, gently shaking him, "Uhm.. morning?" You didn't know what to say, after all you hadn't woken up with someone else in the house since you were 15. It was a long story, but to put it short, you had to grow up very quickly.

Scaramouche woke up, looking at you with his sleepy eyes. His hat was sitting leaning against the wall, you wanted to smile, you hadn't seen him without his hat in a while.

"How did you-" you started, only to be cut off.

"I asked around. You'd be surprised how many people refused to tell me where you lived." he smirked. Again, creepy but oddly cute.

You scoffed, "If a Fatui harbinger was walking around asking for someone's address, I'd be skeptical too."

Scaramouche sat up, rolling his eyes. You sat down next to him, only to sigh out of exhaustion.

At that moment, you were at a loss. What were you supposed to do? There was no way you could make this a decent relationship, after all, the Fatui never stayed in one place, and it would be strange if you followed him everywhere.

"Hey," Scaramouche placed his hand on your shoulder, "We'll figure it out okay?"

You smiled, still a little anxious. But it made you feel a little better that you had Scaramouche. Though, you still didn't trust him completely.

You folded your arms, trying to change the subject, "So, am I the only person you're nice to?" You smirked.

"Hm, yeah I guess so."

"Eh-" it kind of shocked you, after all, you'd never witnessed how he really was, though you assumed it wasn't pretty.

Scaramouche lifted your chin up, gazing longingly into your eyes, "Unless you want me to be mean to you."

"No of course not!" You blushed and scowled are him, which made him laugh.

It had to be hard being him. The way he told you, it made him seem very lonely. None of his colleagues liked him, he never had any friends, people were only scared of him. It made you a little happy to know you could at least make him laugh.

"Wait," you lifted an eyebrow, "Shouldn't you be doing your job? You came here for a reason right?"

Scaramouche shrugged his shoulders, "I have people to do it for me. Plus I mostly came here for you."

You pushed him away jokingly, "You're one of the harbingers yet you don't do any of the work yourself??"

"Of course I do. This is a special occasion though." Scaramouche said. He said it with such a smug expression that it made you a bit flustered. You hated that you felt this way for him.

You glanced at his hair. It looked really soft, so you kind of wanted to touch it. You reached out and touched his hair. Scaramouche seemed a little surprised, which made you laugh, "Who does your hair?"

He scowled, "It wasn't my idea okay?? That stupid red head did it. I shouldn't have let him."

"It suits you," you smiled at him. Usually, it would be a strange hair style, but somehow it suited him.

Scaramouche's cheeks turned pink. You were very proud of yourself for being able to make him embarrassed.

"So Childe is actually your co-worker, huh?"

He rolled his eyes, "I guess so. Don't ever talk to him. He's a no-good scumbag who doesn't deserve to even be in your presence."

You laughed at how cutely possessive he was, "I'm not some sort of god you know."

"You're right," Scaramouche smiled, "You're more like an angel."

"Eh-" it definitely caught you off guard. Is that how he actually felt, or was he just humoring you? Did he really see you as an angel that came down to save him? The thought of it made you a little sad and sympathetic.

He turned his body to you, "You don't have any commissions to do today right?"

You didn't like where this was going, "No.. why?"

Scaramouche gently pulled you towards him, embracing you in yet another hug. It felt warm. You felt secure, despite him technically being the enemy.

"Can we stay like this for a while..?" He asked. The tone in his voice told you how sad he was.

"Sure," you agreed, happily wrapping your arms around him.

Not even a minute later, there was a knock on your front door.

You could feel the aura in the room grow dark as you turned to Scaramouche, who had a huge scowl on his face. You stood up, holding him back from doing anything rash. You found it cute how mad he was that you were interrupted.

As you opened the door, making sure Scaramouche wasn't visible, there was Aether. Shoot. You forgot you'd been ignoring him.

"Y/N! Thank goodness! Paimon and I have been worried.." he said, looking at you with saddened eyes.

Paimon appeared from behind him, "Why didn't you answer us??"

"U-Uhm, I'm sorry. I've been busy-" you started.

Aether put his hand on the door, "May we come in? I'd like to speak with you about something."

"Uhm.." you turned back to see Scaramouche who was grabbing his hat, throwing his hands in the air and walking into your room where he wouldn't be seen, almost like he was hesitantly going along. You turned back to your guests, "Sure."

♢♢♢

As you were standing around the table, Aether put his hands together, "I'm really sorry about what happened! I know I hurt you from what I said but I really just didn't want you to get hurt on that Fatui's behalf!"

"Yeah me too!" Paimon chipped in.

You smiled, "I know.. thank you guys."

"You're not.. upset?" He looked up at you.

You sighed, "I understand why you did it, I would've done the same to protect someone I cared about."

Suddenly, you heard a thump, it wasn't too loud but loud enough so it could be heard.

Paimon tilted her head, "W-What was that?!"

"Uhh, my cat! I got a cat to keep me company. I'll go check on it!" You frantically ran into your room and closed the door.

You walked in just to see Scaramouche sitting on your bed, his hat in the floor. He moved his hand over his mouth, "Woops, seems I dropped my hat. What a shame.. Did I scare your little friends?"

You scowled at him. He did that on purpose! He's trying to get caught!

"You little-" you clenched your fists.

"Y/N? Everything okay in there?" Aether called out.

You sighed, "Yes! One moment!" You walked up to Scaramouche, folding your arms, "Are you a child??"

Scaramouche smirked, like he was proud of himself. You groaned, "If you keep this up, I'm kicking you out."

"Oh~ so we are already living together are we? Wow, we're moving so fast!"

You felt pure dread. You wanted to strangle him, but you had to keep your cool. He really liked to make your life miserable didn't he? Of course, he just just being childish, but now wasn't the time.

You gestured for him to sit still or you'd kill him. He just smiled at you. You rolled your eyes out of pure annoyance and walked back out, slamming the door.

"Everything okay..?" Aether questioned.

You quickly slapped on a fake smile and nodded, "Yeah! Listen, I understand, there's no hard feelings, you are forgiven. Now I have some business to attend to, so I will see you two later." You pushed the two out the door and closed it, leaving Aether and Paimon clueless outside.

You stomped into your room. Scaramouche scoffed, "Man, tough crowd."

You quickly glared at him, "You have to be more careful! I'm serious when I say both of our careers are hanging in the balance here. If you want to keep your position, you have to keep this lowkey. Same with me."

He rolled his eyes leaning back on the bed, "I know, I know."

"Now get out of my bed." You said with no remorse.

"Eh? Why? You're not going to join me?" Scaramouche pouted.

You glared at him once again, "I just accepted your confession, you're taking things way too fast. Geez.. who knew you were so childish."

"You know Y/N, you're the only person I'd let boss me around like that," he got off the bed and stood up, "Well then, I shouldn't intrude any longer, " he leaned down to pick up his hat, "I'll be in town for a few more days, at least now I know where you live." He smiled.

"If you come back, please knock." You rolled your eyes, knowing very well that would be something he'd neglect to do.

Scaramouche took your hand in his, gently kissing the back of your hand. It seemed weird, like something a prince would do. And he was definitely no prince.

"I'll return before you know it," He smiled, and like that, he was off.

You sighed as you heard the door open and close. Throwing yourself onto your bed, you started to close your eyes when you heard a knock at your door. Perhaps Scaramouche accidentally left something?

You reluctantly got up to open the door. Expecting to see the short angry man you called your "boyfriend", you were surprised to see someone much taller. It was none other than the man Scaramouche warned you about.

"Good to see you again, Y/N!"

A/N

ed sheeran is back lmao

writing this chapter has reminded me how painfully single I am lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 260 11
A pop idol who wants to go to a normal school. [ON HIATUS] Cover credits: @ WhiteCookie1001 on Twitter - Scaramouche x Gender Neutral Reader Modern S...
44.2K 888 12
Some notes : ! no smut ! Modern Au Reader is female! Also if there is any bad spelling or grammar errors then uh- sorry Reader have anxiety because w...
99K 3.3K 10
Truth be told, Scaramouche had watched the entire thing happen from inside the bank. Originally, he was just going to watch for his amusement, but he...
7.7K 287 18
𓆩⟡𓆪 𝒀/𝒏 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒍 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝑭𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒆. 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒔 𝑻𝒆𝒚𝒗𝒂𝒕 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒑𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒂𝒏�...