To Learn to Let Go | ✔

By JessMarie1017

Grayson Daniels is trying to cope with the trauma he suffered as a child when Trent, the beautiful local bad... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Epilogue

4.4K 135 59
By JessMarie1017

2 Years Later

I struggled up the steps as I carried a huge cardboard box. I yelped as I nearly missed a step, which would've sent me tumbling backwards. My yelp must have alerted Trent because seconds later he was in front of me, grabbing the box.

"Baby, you have to be careful! You should have taken a lighter box," he scolded as he effortlessly carried the box the rest of the way to our apartment.

"I thought I could carry it," I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You're going to be the death of me, Gray," Trent laughed, setting the box down in the middle of our new living room. "What even is in here? A body?"

"No," I laughed, "It's all of my gifts from you for the last two years!"

"A couple of Funko Pops weigh that much?"

"It's more than a couple babe," I laughed. Trent has really encouraged my love of all things nerdy by buying me every collectible thing he could find for all of my favorite shows and movies. This box wasn't even the whole collection, but I wasn't going to mention that.

"Grayson!" Dad hollered from the hallway. I ran out there to see him struggling with two boxes of his own. I quickly snatched the second box from him and carried it to our bedroom, it was full of my clothes. "I never realized just how much shit you had." Dad laughed, following me into the room and placing his box down next to mine.

"Why is everyone complaining about my stuff?" I whined.

"Because we got my stuff in two hours ago and we've been bringing your stuff in ever since," Trent laughed as he came over to me, wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"Hey, you, have half of your stuff back at your dad's still!"

"It's still less than what you have," he teased.

"Is it too late to take my name off the lease?" I joked.

"Hey now, I'm just kidding. I'm sorry," Trent cooed as he kissed my head.

"You should really be nicer to me," I said.

"Whatever you say, honey."

"God, you two sound like an old married couple," Dad said as he headed back out to get more boxes. He was nearly trampled by two kindergarteners on his way out the door.

"Uncle Trent!" The kids shouted as they launched themselves at my boyfriend. I laughed as he picked one up in each arm and hugged them tight.

"Hey guys! What do you think of the place?"

"It's great!" Damon shouted, jumping out of Trent's arm. "Can we have sleepovers here?" He asked excitedly.

"Of course guys! Danica, what do you think?"

"I love it!" She shouted, her blonde curls bouncing as she ran around the apartment.

"Hey man!" Brayden called as he entered the apartment.

"Hey! I think your siblings nearly killed Grayson's dad on the way in," Trent laughed.

"Hey Damon, Danica! Go apologized to Mr. Daniels. I told you to be careful!" Brayden scolded his siblings. The twins nodded and made their way to find my dad.

"Where's Cole?" I asked, looking around for Brayden's thirteen year old brother.

"At a friend's house. Apparently he's too cool to help his uncles move," he said as he rolled his eyes.

"Okay, well now that you're here, we have to go back to my dad's to get the rest of my stuff."

"Alright, we'll follow you," Brayden said as he went off to find his brother and sister.

"You can just leave them with my parents, my mom would love to watch them. I'm sure she's got them downstairs with her now anyway."

Brayden nodded and we headed off to Trent's dad's house. Trent had moved back in shortly after graduation, mostly because he was dorming at Rutgers anyway and Brayden was trying to get custody of his siblings anyway. Danica, Damon, and Cole had been living with Brayden for about a year. He got himself a small townhome and had been promoted to a managerial position at his job, proving to the courts that he could support his siblings. The kids were much happier to be with Brayden than in the various foster homes they got separated into. Danica and Damon had spent six months apart before Brayden got them because they couldn't find a foster home that was willing to take four year old twins. It was taking a while for Cole to adjust to the change, and I had the feeling that he had a rougher go of foster care than his siblings. I was just glad that Brayden was able to keep his promise to them, and that he got custody.

I was going to be starting college in the fall. I got a scholarship for Rutgers, basically a full ride, so I would be joining Trent there in the fall. The apartment we got was right near campus, I could walk to grab the campus system from here. I was thinking about majoring in psychology but couldn't declare a major yet. But I knew I wanted to help kids like me. Trent had decided to study biology on a pre-med track, following in his father's footsteps. He was doing so well in college, he had a 4.0 GPA right now. I made sure I told all of Trent's old teachers how well he was doing. Most of them just glared at me while some of them were happy to hear he was on a good path. I loved to point out to everyone how wrong they were about Trent. He needed help, and everyone gave up on him rather than try to get him that help. All it took was someone to give a shit about him for him to try to be a better person.

It took us a few hours but with the help of our families we finally got our apartment set up. Mom cried no less than three times about how 'her baby was leaving her.' Dad did his best to console her, but it was no use. So, we let her cry and order us a bunch of furniture and other home items we really didn't need because it would make her feel better. I was all smiles as we sat around our dining table to eat. We had ordered pizza from a local place Trent swore by and everyone was talking and laughing. Our parents had actually grown to really like each other, and now that he was sober, Victor Rodriguez was actually a really great guy. Him and my dad had a lot in common, they started going golfing on the weekends together and hanging out for sports games. Neither Trent or I really cared for sports, so it was nice that our dad's could bond and have some guy time or whatever.

We said goodbye to everyone around midnight, Victor and my dad had to carry Danica and Damon down the stairs, they had fallen asleep on the couch hours ago. When everyone was gone we went into our bedroom and got ready for bed. We brushed our teeth, and I did my nightly skincare routine, a smile on my face the whole time.

"What?" Trent asked through a mouthful of toothpaste.

"I just can't believe this is our life now," I sighed as I scrubbed my face with my cleanser.

"Believe it baby, you're stuck with me forever," Trent laughed, "or at least until the lease is up."

Trent finished brushing his teeth and stood in the bathroom watching me. "What?" I asked self-consciously.

"Your skincare routine is the gayest thing in the world," he teased as I rubbed a serum into my face, having just taken off a facemask.

"You won't be complaining when I'm 40 and still look 20," I retorted. "And if you're going to judge me about it you can just go into the bedroom!" Trent laughed as he walked off into our room. I joined him a few moments later once I finished my routine, climbing into bed and getting on top of him so I was straddling his waist.

"Well hi there," he said with a mischievous grin.

"Hey," I said, leaning down to press a kiss to his lips. "So, um, what do you want to do to celebrate our first night together?" I asked innocently.

"I have a few ideas," he mumbled as he sat up, pulling me to him and connect our lips. He flipped us over so he was hovering on top of me, our lips never leaving each other's the whole time. He bit down on my bottom gently and I let out a soft moan.

"I think this is a little bit gayer than my skincare routine."

"Way fucking gayer," Trent growled as he reconnected our lips, pulling my shirt up and parting slightly to pull it over my head. He made quick work of taking his off as well. Trent paused for a moment, his emerald eyes looking into my soul as he hovered above me. "I love you so much," he whispered, gently kissing the tip of my nose.

"I love you too, where did that come from?" I asked, brows pulling together.

"I just can't believe you're mine, and I can't believe that we're here, in our own apartment. I can make love to you every night," he kissed my lips, "and morning," he kissed my jaw, "and afternoon," he kissed my neck, biting down on the area between my collarbone that drove me insane. I let a loud moan escape my lips.

"Yes please," was all I could manage to say as Trent continued kissing my neck, his hands wandering my body. I could definitely get used to living like this.

The next morning I woke up to the smell of coffee and bacon, a wide smile on my face as I stretched and got out of bed. I felt so well rested after spending the night cuddled in Trent's arms. I threw on some boxers and made my way to the kitchen, where a cup of coffee was waiting for me on the kitchen island. Trent, who was also only wearing boxers was cooking up some pancakes, bacon, and eggs while sipping his own cup of coffee.

"Good morning my love," Trent greeted as he walked over to give me a kiss.

"Not that I'm complaining about you being half naked, but it's incredibly dangerous to cook while you're half naked."

"I do it all the time, it's fine!" Trent reassured me. I just sighed and tried to enjoy the view without being too anxious. "How did you sleep?" He asked.

"Like a baby. That might've been the best sleep of my life."

"I really wore you out, huh?" He winked.

"Well, yes, obviously," I laughed. "But also, I think I just feel at home, and truly safe for the first time."

"I feel the same way."

"You actually slept through the night," I commented.

"I did. It was nice. Is this what it feels like to be well rested?"

"I think it is," I laughed as Trent set a plate of food in front of me.

"Well, Grayson Daniels, here's to our first breakfast in our first apartment together."

"Here's to the first day of the rest of my life with you, Trent Rodriguez." We clinked our coffee mugs together and took a sip before digging into our food. I looked across the island at my boyfriend, his vibrant emerald eyes look so full of life and happiness this morning. There was a permanent smile etched onto his face he looked like he was glowing as the sun shone through the window on his olive skin.

"I love you," Trent said as he leaned in and pressed a gentle and loving kiss to my lips.

"I love you too," I smiled back at him before continuing to eat the wonderful breakfast that my perfect boyfriend just cooked in our new home.  

A/N: So I decided to write an epilogue, here it is! A little look into Grayson and Trent's life a couple of years down the road. Thank you so much again to anyone who has been reading. I hope you enjoy this little bonus chapters to officially end this book! Stay tuned for more books on the horizon from me! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 4.6K 34
Only a few months after his dad's death, Daniel decides to leave his hometown to study in an art school at countryside. New ambience would surely hel...
6.5K 70 109
The story of two boys from very different worlds. Matthew Grayson; a boy who's been playing hockey his entire life, has his life uprooted and moved f...
481 21 20
About two boys who are the total opposites. One boy (Grayson 18 years old) is the president of the robotic's club. The other (Morgan 17 years old) is...
786K 26.7K 67
Zach is your typical nerd. loves to read, loves to draw, loves to bake, and decorate cakes in his family bakery. and of course, gay. Brian is your ty...