Memory Lane

By CLmauve

When a man falls victim to the Blitz, he is stuck in his own subconscious. in order to escape, he will have t... More

1. 1940
2. In search of Maddie
3. Palace in the dark
4. Grave of reality
5. Bad expectations
6. My neighbor Silhouette
7. Fred's giant-killing service
8. Only today
9. Whisper of the servant
10. Carted off the deep end
11. Anima returns
12. The tribe
13. The Ego and the fury
15. One hour a pion
16. Minions of darkness
17. Under the need
18. In the mood for books
19. Far from sanity
20. The great Anya
21. Dark powers
22. To the shack
23. The act of splurging
24. A serious siege
25. Superego's world
26. Man's search for purpose
27. Pure madness
28. Beyond evil
29. The feud
30. Mediations
31. Standing still
32. Tactics
33. The showdown
34. Open sesame
35. Betrayal
36. Healing
37. Five years of loneliness

14. There will be spacetime

125 17 0
By CLmauve

14. There will be spacetime

The next morning arrived like any other, with Fred, Anima and Silhouette waking up beside a burnt out campfire. Fred mysteriously did not feel hunger or thirst in the mindscape, neither did any of its other residents.

"so, Anima. What have you been up to as of late?" Fred started as he walked next to Anima over the blue plains of the Stem Forests.

"not much. I was in my home, painting alone when all of a sudden, the lights went out. I heard someone come in my house, but it was too dark to see. Next thing I knew, I was slammed into a cage and taken up to the Frontal Barrier by that prick who attacked us back there and his master" Anima elaborated.

"who's his master?" Fred delved further.

"Superego. Basically, a body double of you, but evil with a hint of god complex" Anima gave her honest opinion

"sounds like trouble" Fred replied.

"trust me. He is. Truthfully, I just want to go home" Anima agreed.

"I know the feeling" Fred provided solace before Silhouette shouted over from further ahead.

"hey, you two, come and see" Silhouette directed his colleagues to his shadow on a floating clear triangle above a small stone stand in the middle of the plains.

"a prism?" Fred recognized the shape

"looks beautiful" Silhouette marvelled at the object and took out a shadowy finger to touch it, only to be zapped away in a flash.

"Silhouette?!" Fred called out to no response.

"where did he go?!" Anima panicked and held onto the prism to see if it held any answers, vanishing as well.

"Anima?!" Fred followed suit after a moment of contemplation, touching the prism and being sucked through the spacetime continuum at breakneck speed to a black realm of nothing.

"sweet mother of God, where am I now?!" Fred talked to himself while floating in the field of nothing.

"Fred. It's okay" a familiar voice sounded out in the empty realm.

"Silhouette?" Fred saw something shiny come into view. Another prism, identical to the one that had just brought him to the dark place.

"touch the prism. We're both here" Silhouette's voice emanated from the prism. Fred did as he was told and touched the shape with a finger, to be sucked through reality once more. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273 11 15
Terrified, confused, and without my memories, I must only use my instincts to find who to trust as I try to escape from the cluches of an evil army...
33 6 6
The Universe is dying. Few of those who were living knew. And fewer know why. Much that was once was, is lost. For none now lived, remember it. It ha...
388 0 5
A boy grows into a young man and tries to take his mind of his giantess fantasy by becoming a crime solving adventurer. But can fantasies really be...