On The Other End

Jllugo द्वारा

Aviva loves to write, but she can't get a job at any publishing company, her mom does her a favor and she get... अधिक

Meet and greet

On The Other End

40 2 3
Jllugo द्वारा

I tried to fix my hat that was currently sitting on the back of my head. 

I have no Idea what to wear to this thing.

What do you wear to an interview you-quiet frankly- don't want to do?

Well I need the job and partly want it.

I NEED the job because I need experience and the hours.

I partly WANT the job because I love to write and the world is being hidden from so many things.

I partly DON'T WANT  it because the only place that will let me get interviewed is Seventeen Magazine.

Yes, the one that follow around celeberties and show you best how to apply your foundation.

AND the only reason I have an interview to this place, is because my mom is best friend with the CEO, they've been best friends since high school-junior high.

But I'm not getting interview by the CEO, no no no,

I'm getting interviewed by some stuck up girl named Felicia.... Or Alicia.

I really don't care.

What I really want to do is write in a magazine... Or newspaper...Yes... But I want to write about the world... Global warming, how our government plans to get by 2013, why are pandas going extinct.

Anything!

Anything better than 'discovering' which mascara applying tool is better for your eyes....

Don't get me wrong I love to read that stuff....  To an extent.... I don't go crazy but I would like to know.

but I don't want to WRITE about it  For the  life of puppies!

Actually I would do it for the Life of puppies, for any life really, even-

.Off track.

Yea, right... So I'm here in the waiting room, they have pictures of famous people autographed by them and what not.

That the one thing I hate more than anything, those stuck up pop-stars, the world is getting eaten up by the drama of singers and movie stars and stuff...

Why can't singers and bands just sing their songs and get on with it?

Why is it so interesting that Justin Beiber got his hair cut a 1/2 an inch shorter?

Do girls really want to know that?

I mean... I love music... I mean LOVE music. Oldies to modern century, when I listen to music, the whole world disappears around me and it me, my mood, and the music (and whatever I'm doing) but I completely go into a state of peace and happiness, no matter my mood, if i'm sad that's the only thing that can cheer me up.

But why adventure into what is Selena Gomez doing on a Monday morning?

Also that's going to far into personal  space.

I guess that's just me... Do I sound crazy? Probably.... But if you don't like my opinion you can leave.... Or whatever you do...

I looked down at my watch, I read it, but it didn't process in my mind. I looked down again, it's 11:44.

In one minuet I have my interview,  I heard heels clicking, and I saw a woman maybe in her thirties walking over.

She looked like a snob.

"You can go now" she said without looking at me,

"Oh ok" I said timidly, I probably shouldn't have said any thing... I need to be cool, act like I don't really want this job. But I need it.

I got up off my chair and walked towards her. She finally looked up at and gave me a disgusting look. Did I really look that bad? I mean this is not how I dress every day, I put heels on and some nice jeans but didn't really dress up.

I had five inch heels on and extra long dark wash jeans so they barely touch the floor. I had a white shirt on that tied at the top. And a black leather jacket, I finished it with a black and white never ending scarf, with big clear glasses and a sort of basket hat.

I did my makeup heavy, like always. I think I looked good.

I went up to her desk, for her to tell me where to go. I just stood there like an idiot. I need to act cool! I just said that too!

She was signing papers and looking through files and with out looking at me,

"All the way to the end, big white double doors" she said, 

I started walking, all I could focus on is my heels clicking on the floor and how silent it is right now,

Isn't it supposed to be busy with people running around everywhere, I mean this is seventeen magazine!

I know there are more levels but they should all be packed right? I have no idea, maybe I watch to many movies... But the weird thing is that I don't really like movies at all.

Ok when I get in there should I be cool and calm, or really act like I want this job?

Maybe in the middle?

I don't know! I pray to the gods of interviews that I don't have to put much effort, but still get the job. Not that It's hard but I don't want to seem like I'm only using my mom. I mean that's pretty pathetic.

I walked up to the doors, just like the receptionist said.

Do I knock? Or walk in? Or wait?

God, god, god, help me! I took a deep breath, I realized my heart was beating a bit faster than normal.

.I knocked.             I think that was a bad move, I put my  nuckles in my mouth waiting for a reply.

"Come in" a voice said behind the door, 

Deep breath.

I grabbed the handle and turned it and walked in.

There was a middled aged woman there sitting on a white spinning chair. She was looking down at her watch, when she met my eyes she smiled.

Something about her smile made my feel more relaxed.

"Hi I'm Alicia" she said as she walked up to me,

"Hi I'm Aviva, you can call me any thing if that's a bit hard" I said, ugh I'm talking to much already,

"No, no , no it's a very pretty and exotic name, if you would like me to call you something else that fine" she said sweetly, very motherly.

"Oh I really don't care, I basically grew up having people around me not able to say my name so I'm used to almost anything" I said with a huge smile, hopefully I didn't sound to fake,

"Well, I like it. So do you have a resume? If not that's fine." She said while looking at her watch again, ugh she one of those people,

As in she need to be on time,all the time, every time. 

"Yes I do actually, "I got it out of my bag and handed it to her, she walked over to her couch and motioned me to do it as well, I sat on the couch and stared at her, reading my resume.

"Do you like traveling?" She asked

"Yes I love it! That's one thing I really  like to do, I haven't done much but I wish I could" I told her, and that wasn't a lie, I really wanted to go to remote places and write about it and publish a book,

"You like music?" She asks

"Like? More like love, I fall into a whole different world when I listen to music" man! I'm saying to much,

"Art, photography?" Alicia asked,

"Yes, I love taking pictures" I said, maybe she wants me to travel the world and take pictures! I sure do hope so, if that's it.... I would love working here, even if it not complety what I want to do,

"Ok well your nineteen right? That's good, so basically I have to give you this job" she said and gave my funky smile, "because the CEO directly called me, she never dose that. That was actually the first time I talked to her. I would hire you any way, but I just wanted to make sure you weren't a thug or anything. But I'm not going to give you any special treatment, because like everyone here, you have to work you  way up the ladder. And this is how it goes, I can't hire too many people because sometimes it's dead weight, and we don't want that. So this place is basically packed, except for one job. But I really, really think your gona like it. " she said

Man... Now I'm getting the nervousness.

"Your gonna be out in the field!" She said with a huge smile,

Uh what?

"You'll be collecting information with a team to write articles! On certain people! But you'll do the collecting part"

...shit... I smiled, every things blurry! I see a bright light at the end of a tunnel! Should I follow it?

--reality check---

Ok so maybe I'm over exaggerating, but she seemed so happy about it, so I smiled, but I swear my eye twitched!

"This is a really good job, has lots of benefits" she said with a huge grin,

"Wow..." I said, not completely sure what to say, I really hated this, "so uh, what exactly am I doing?" I tried sounding happy, but I was dieing  inside,

"Well, you'll take pictures of them, try to get a statement, try having them talk to you, anything, and you get paid a minimum fee then payed hourly   and extra for stuff, the better the picture, the more money, if you get a good statement, you'll get even more money" she said, ok well now I really hate this job, all she's talking about is money, not writing,

"Ok, sure, well will I be writing, if not its ok, it seems fun" I said, 

Why

The

Hell

Did

I

Say

That?

It was a complete lie, and she still had a smile on her face, and so did I,

"Well not much writing, but you have a higher payed job than the writers" I . Don't. Need.  Money. Woman! I want to write!

"Ok yea sure, so when do I start?" I asked,

"Well I'm not sure, you may be able to start today you have to do research on the person" she said,

"Oh" was all I could muster up, I hate hate hate hate this. Why did I even get up this morning to do this, "so what's my benefits?" I decided to ask because that was the only thing that came to mind,

"Well you have great health insurance, you get paid really good, you follow that person so we'll pay for air time and hotels,  uhm a few other things as well.... But I can't remember, there is a sheet somewhere here" she said and started looking around.

I feel numb.

Ok over exaggerating again but I really don't want to hear this. I mean I will literally stalk them! I think that's a bit to far.

"Don't, uhm , paparazzi just do it when there in the area?" I asked, she stopped looking through a pile of papers,

"Usually, but thats what makes people want to read out magazine, we get information about them, and good pictures and true statements" she said and looked down at the pile of papers she was working on,

I understand the logic.... But still!

"Ah ha, here!" She said holding up a piece of paper, she handed it to me, I glanced over it and put it in my bag,

"Well, I'll show you around" she said, the rest of the interview was a blur, all I remember is the girl I report to, and the girl that writes my stuff, everyone kept giving me bad looks, when I walked by them they glared at me and turned their face away.

I mean geezer, I have the worst job here and yet they hate me? Logic now days.

We got back to her office and it felt like I had ran a mile, I was pooped out.

"Well I think that's it, you met Tina, your boss, and Alexa, and I'm sorry that I'm not your boss, Tina..." She paused, "can be a little" she looked up to find a word, "firm" she finished,

"That's alright, I think I'll manage, and I think that's all so...." I trailed,

"So you can leave, if you want" she said sweetly,

"Right, I'll be here tomorrow" I said and started to turn to the door,  when my hand met the door nob,

"Oh wait, before I forget" I said turning back around to face her, "who am I paparazzi-ing?"

"Oh of corse" she said and grabbed a clip bored and scrolled her eyes down and flipped the page a few times, "ah ha, you'll be taking Brittany's place"

"Yea?" I asked I really just wanted to know and get out of this hell hole,

"One direction"

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

591K 13.2K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
466K 16.8K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
647K 39.5K 104
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
133K 3.6K 74
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...