Always by your side

By Dlt87wayne

Astrid is a widow who has a daughter and is struggling to pay the debt her husband left her. Their marriage w... More

It Will Be You And Me
Done With Bills, Fear Begins
No Way. We Have To Go
Leaving And On Our Way
Home Sweet Home
A/N
Catching Up
After All These Years
Awkward. This Could've Been Better
First Day But Feels Like Forever
Can We Be Friends Again?
She Is Still Here
Date?
You said it would be me and you
A Little Payback
Not Just Friends
All For You
Little Dreams
Secrets Revealed
Time to be Away
Surprises and Memories
Jury (part 1)
Jury (part 2)
Unexpected or Unwanted
Money or Love
New Begining For All Of Us
Starting From the Beginning
Surprise! Surprise!
We Are A Family
Trying To Start A New Chapter
True Feelings For Home
It's over
Not A Chapter But A New Book
New Changes
Forever Now
I Do
Always By Your Side; Forever
Acknowledgments

An Interesting Summer

219 4 5
By Dlt87wayne

It was a beautiful Thursday morning at Henderson and a mother had her suitcase and the documents necessary. Now all that was left was to say goodbye for a little while. 

"You will be back right."

"Like always baby. All I want you to do is to be a good girl and not be afraid because you are not alone. Okay?"

"Yes momma."  As Astrid and Zephyr went outside, everyone was waiting, especially Hiccup. As she said her goodbyes to her sisters and her brothers, it was Hiccup's turn. He didn't just want a hug, he did the unthinkable.

After that, gasps and ewws were heard from everyone especially the little girls. She finally hugged Valka and Iduna and then hugged her baby girl one more time. She entered her car and was on her way to the battle. The battle to keep Zephyr with her and protected. 

Everyone watched as her car left in the distance. Hiccup had Zephyr in his arms and then she whispered, "she will for sure win."
"Yes she will," was all he could say.

Astrid left and the rest of the family entered the house getting ready for their day.

"So when I get back you can show me your tricks to chess."

"Great, so are you good?"

"Very good actually and not to brag but, I was never beaten."

"Oh, then can you teach me your tricks?"

"Maybe after we play and we see how good you are, how does that sound?"

"Hmm, sounds good."

"Okay see you later then."

"Bye Hiccup." He was gone leaving Zephyr excited for the day. Along with her friend, she was ready to go to the Vineyard for most of the day.

Even though Astrid is gone, there was still action going on with the family. 

In the evening

"What? How?"

"I thought you said you were never beaten. I guess I am the first."

"Go Zephyr!" That was her friend who was sitting next to her watching along with the dogs and Stormfly who was sitting on Zephyr's shoulder. 

"I guess you've been outsmarted Hiccup. Zephyr I pronounce you the new chess champion."

"You were holding on to that were you, Heather."

"Yes I was, I just can't believe you were defeated by a six-year-old. You know Zephyr, your mom said that one day he was going to be defeated by the unexpected. Wait till we tell her what happened?'' The two girls laughed but the memory of her mother made her miss her and want to be with her.

"... When will she call or am I able to call her?"

"We have to wait until she can. In the meantime why don't you and Malarie wash up and get ready for dinner."

"Okay let's go."

"Don't forget about Stormfly." Fishlegs came and joined the two, "so you were finally beaten."

"Yeah, I feel defeated by a six-year-old." The three adults laughed and then joined everyone to eat. 

Zephyr and Malarie asked Moana and Iduna if they can sleep as if they were on a camping trip. Iduna had a better idea, the little girls were like sisters and thought that it was a good idea to share a room. It was decided that both girls will sleep in one of the guest rooms that was big enough to have two beds and a bigger wardrobe. In the meantime, the girls could have sort of a sleep-over in the living room. Little did Iduna know that the girls were planning something a little sneaky that night.

"Is everyone asleep?" Malarie whispered.

"It seems like it. Okay, time for action."

Zephyr left to the back door where there was something waiting for them. Chicken. The girls have already done this before except that they kept it in Malarie's room until early in the morning where they snook it back out. This time would be easier though because it will be in the living room, closer to the porch where Chicken was kept. "Goodnight chicken."

Well, that was the way it was for that night as long as they were taking care of Tuff's Chicken and with 20 more dollars waiting for them.

Saturday came and Iduna left Eret in charge while she left to the airport in the nearest town to pick Anna and the kids up from the airport. Elsa asked one of the managers tp take care of things at the store to stay at home and get the room ready. She was at home with the girls who were playing in the backyard. As Elsa was getting things ready she heard a knock at the door and Olaf was barking. "Who could that be? She can't be here already." She goes downstairs and hears Olaf bark uncontrollably.

"Olaf? Girls..." She opens the door and sees someone she thought she would never see again.

"... J...Jack?"

"E...Elsa uh sorry I..."

"Your here."

"Yeah umm..."

"Wait you can sit on the chairs I'll be right back."

"Sure thanks." 

Elsa POV

There were many mixed feelings. No, I'm not happy to see him but look at me. I'm wearing a simple tank top, jeans and my hair was a messy and improvised ponytail. I went to my room and put on a button shirt and let my hair loose, after that I went to the kitchen and got some lemonade that we had in the fridge. Okay, here we go.

 "So when did you get here?"

"Just this morning actually. I'm staying with Hiccup for now and I plan to stay for the week."

"Oh well. Good, so you needed more of a break."

"Yeah it's been stressful and what better place to take a break. I've always like to come here especially for the summer." Wait, has he been coming here?"

"Oh well, I agree. So how's your mom and sister?"

"There good although you know, Emma would've wanted to come but it was her wedding anniversary  and they were going to be there for a while."

"She's married?"

"Yeah, last year actually. Funny how..." We were silent because we both know what happened.

"So, well, you were here last year?"

"Yeah you weren't here, your mom told me that you were in Atlanta."

"Oh right," so mom, you knew this whole time and everyone else. "Yeah there is a branch of my store there and I was working on it. The last few years I've been visiting Rapunzel or taking care of the other things at my other store in New Jersey. I've been busy."

"Yeah same here. So everyone doing well?"

"Yeah everyone is just fine and you are not the only one coming to visit. Anna is coming today actually with the kids and, remember Astrid?"

"Yeah."

"She is back with us with her daughter. She is just not here right now."

"That explains why Hiccup was so, lets say, cheerful."

"Yeah long story how that happened."

"Yeah."

Jack and Elsa

The two were very quiet after that conversation. This was the first time after ten years Jack sees Elsa at her house. 2 years after their breakup, Jack came back hoping to fix things but Elsa was in Paris. Many things were happening with the family, one getting married and start a new life elsewhere, one was in his career, one was taking care of a new way of life while trying to get over a broken heart and the other was trying to heal. Everyone else was also trying to adapt to a new phase which thankfully did not mean that it was the end of everything. 

Elsa got up and decided to stand next to the porch. "Well a lot has changed I mean you are taking care of business and not here anymore."

"Yeah but it's always nice to come back." Jack was getting closer and when they were only a few centimeters away, he kissed her. She froze but then kissed back. When they separated they just started at each other for a while but Elsa reacted, "Jackson, you..."
"Elsa I'm sorry I..."
"I have to go fix Anna's room umm."
"Yeah I'll just wait here and... yeah."
"Okay," she quickly entered the house still not believing what just happened.

***

Moments after Jack left to join Hiccup and the rest of the gang since the honey farm was wrapping it up for the day. Iduna arrived with Anna.

"Oh my gosh!!!" A fully pregnant Anna came out with two beautiful children, Crystal and Christopher. 

"Anna you are glowing."

The kids run to the girls and meet Zephyr. After that, they begin to play while the grown-ups talk. It was almost like a welcome party. 

"So Astrid is back?"

"Yeah, and the little girl is her daughter Zephyr."

"She is so cute."

***

"Nice to have you back Jack."

"Thanks, this cafe brings a lot of memories."

"Yeah, oh and how was it with, you know."

"To tell you the truth, it was... okay." All the men just looked at Jack and just drank his drink.

"I can't believe you encountered her after a while. Hey at least you saw her now and not while she was dating... Oww."

"What?"

"What? I wasn't going to say it."

"Hey Snotlout what about you tell us about your incident with the nail."

"That wasn't pleasant. At least not as pleasant as..."

"Okay what's going on? Eret. Hiccup." Hiccup knew that he couldn't hide it because he was supposed to know one day. The only thing was that he wished Elsa would be the one to tell him.

"Alright but it didn't come from me?"

"Or me."

"Or me."

"Or definitely me."

"Alright I'm listening."

"Okay so while she left for Paris she met a photographer and..."

"They started dating and it lasted... uh a year." Jack was obviously not happy and left back to the house.

"Jack. Okay Snotlouot you revealed a little too much."

"Hey at least I didn't give the name away."

***

Jack drove back to the house and found Elsa doing gardening. She noticed a car come and she knew who it was.
"Elsa."
"Jack."
"Okay listen..."
"No no its okay. Its forgotten."
"Really? Oh that. Sure that was... okay I am actually here for an explanation."

"Explanation? Jackson, you were the one who started this. You appeared out of nowhere and all of a sudden I realize that you have been coming after all these years"

"Yeah and I am sure you are glad I didn't see Olaf."

"What?"

"Olaf your new other half. I wish you the best, even though now I know you two aren't a thing anymore."

"Umm Jackson. He is a dog."

"What?"

"Olaf is a dog and I got him a year after we split up. Were you..."

"No wait. I just found out by someone who I will not say any names but he told me that you went off with a photographer."

"Oh him. So is this what this is all about? I mean that is a long story. Olaf, oh my goodness, you were jealous?"

"Jealous?"

"Of a puppy. YOU WERE JEALOUS OF A PUPPY?"

"I had no idea Olaf was a puppy, oh and even if I were, he would be getting more cuddles than I would get."

"Your darn right he would. At least he stays put, anyways we have to make lunch."

"Oh great yeah. I missed your mom's cooking so much."

"I'm making lunch."

"Oh. You know I'll see you later then I have things to do."

"Sure," Elsa was left wondering after that, 'is my cooking that bad?'

So it can be said that with Anna's visit and Jack's surprise visit, it was going to be an interesting summer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 86 20
Hiccup and Astrid, childhood bestfriends, get separated for 5 long years when Stoick sends Hiccup off to boarding school. They both part ways with un...
14.4K 298 40
In the wake of their lost heir's dramatic reappearance, Berk has changed for the better. Unfortunately for our heroes, they do not have time to stay...
438K 6.6K 41
Arianna Hope is a child of a rich family, but doesn't act like it. She spends her free time volunteering, contributing to charities, keeping a perfec...
1.7K 36 9
Astrid Hofferson. A woman who can do anything, except for driving a car. But she's having some trouble with her current driver cause he never shows u...