Stronger Together (bxb) ✔

By Kibika

Even though I'm a mess and I still don't think I'm good enough for him, I want to date him. I haven't managed... More

UPDATED Author's Note
Character List
Chapter 1 - Chase
Chapter 2 - Chase
Chapter 3 - Jesse
Chapter 4 - Chase
Chapter 5 - Jesse
Chapter 6 - Bryan
Chapter 7 - Chase
Chapter 8 - Chase
Chapter 9 - Jesse
Chapter 10 - Bryan
Chapter 11 - Chase
Chapter 12 - Jesse
Chapter 13 - Chase
Chapter 14 - Jesse
Chapter 15 - Bryan
Chapter 16 - Chase
Chapter 17 - Jesse
Chapter 18 - Chase
Chapter 19 - Jesse
Chapter 20 - Chase
Chapter 21 - Jesse
Chapter 22 - Chase
Chapter 23 - Chase
Chapter 24 - Jesse
Chapter 25 - Chase
Chapter 26 - Bryan
Chapter 27 - Chase
Chapter 28 - Jesse
Chapter 29 - Bryan
Chapter 30 - Chase
Chapter 31 - Chase
Chapter 32 - Jesse
Chapter 33 - Chase
Chapter 34 - Bryan
Chapter 35 - Chase
Chapter 36 - Chase
Chapter 37 - Jesse
Chapter 38 - Chase
Chapter 40 - Chase
Chapter 41 - Jesse
Chapter 42 - Chase
Chapter 43 - Chase
Chapter 44 - Bryan
Chapter 45 - Chase
Chapter 46 - Chase
Chapter 47 - Chase
Chapter 48 - Bryan
Chapter 49 - Chase
Chapter 50 - Chase
Chapter 51 - Chase
Chapter 52 - Chase
Chapter 53 - Jesse
Chapter 54 - Chase
Chapter 55 - Jesse
Chapter 56 - Jesse
Chapter 57 - Chase
Chapter 58 - Bryan
Chapter 59 - Chase
Chapter 60 - Chase
Chapter 61 - Chase
Chapter 62 - Chase
Chapter 63 - Jesse
Chapter 64 - Chase
Chapter 65 - Chase
Chapter 66 - Chase
Chapter 67 - Bryan
Chapter 68 - Bryan
Chapter 69 - Chase
Chapter 70 - Chase
Chapter 71 - Chase
Chapter 72 - Chase
Chapter 73 - Chase
Chapter 74 - Chase
Chapter 75 - Jesse
Chapter 76 - Chase
Chapter - 77 - Chase
Chapter 78 - Chase
Chapter 79 - Chase
Epilogue - Diego

Chapter 39 - Jesse

1.7K 78 142
By Kibika

Jesse’s POV

“Was I too rough?” Bryan asks with a hint of concern in his voice and I feel him placing tender kisses on my lower back.

“Oh don’t worry, I’ll get revenge later,” I mumble, relaxing into the massage which Bryan resumes after placing one last kiss on my back.

Bryan chuckles and I moan at the blissful magic his hands are working on my back. After a few minutes he concludes his massage and plops down on the bed next to me. I snuggle into his embrace as he presses a kiss to my cheek. 

The beautiful moment is interrupted by Bryan's stomach rumbling and I chuckle as my eyes flutter open in search of his face. "Awwww, you're so cute, Vampy," I say upon seeing his blush adorned cheeks. "Let’s get you some food." 

I roll out of his embrace and get dressed before heading to the kitchen. After taking the lobster and baked potatoes out of the oven, I transfer them onto plates for easier access. 

"Oh my god! This is so fancy!" Bryan exclaims, wrapping his arms around me in a back hug and gently nipping my neck. 

"Take these to the table," I instruct, trying to squirm out of his embrace. He releases me after placing a wet kiss on my collar bone and takes the bowl of tossed salad and salad dressing that I gesture to, while I bring in the rest of the food. 

"This is divine!" Bryan exclaims after popping a piece of butter covered lobster into his mouth. "Ummm, wow!" His eyes flutter closed as he savours the taste and a pleased smile spreads across his face. "Jesse, you really didn't have to go to all this trouble," he says after swallowing his food. 

I break out in a huge smile, thrilled that he is enjoying his meal. "It was no trouble!" Well it was some trouble but it was for my sexy Vampy so I definitely don't mind. "I think this is the first time I've ever cooked for you." 

Usually Bryan is the one who cooks for us while I marvel at his skills and how hot he looks while cooking. 

Bryan looks puzzled for a few seconds before he nods and chuckles. "It is! And you certainly went all out!" 

"Oh, it doesn't end there. I have a surprise for you," I respond, trying and failing to raise a suggestive eyebrow, causing Bryan to snort out a laugh. 

"I also have one for you," Bryan says with a huge grin once he's finished laughing at me. I pout and start to protest when Bryan cuts me off. "You'll like it! I'm 90% sure." He pauses and furrows his eyebrows. "Maybe 85%. Nope 70%. I'm 65% sure you'll like it!" 

I roll my eyes and chuckle. Over the course of our relationships, I've learnt how to be a bit more receptive of Bryan's gifts. Just like how I'm dead set on financially contributing to our dates, he's hell bent on smothering me in gifts. So we've both been trying to compromise a little. 

We enjoy the rest of our dinner talking about how our respective days have been.

"Can I get my surprise now? Please?" Bryan begs as he places the wetex that he used to wipe the dinner table on the counter. 

I set the dishwasher before turning to face him. "What about my surprise?" I'm actually curious about what it could be!

Bryan shakes his head and a smile plays at his lips. "We have to drive to see it." I tilt my head and bat my eyelashes until he chuckles and says, "alright I'll give you your gift first. Let's go!" 

Before we leave, I head to the bedroom to pocket his gift and we argue about who the best Avenger is on the way to the location. Bryan of course blindfolded me as soon as we got into the car so when he comes to a stop and announces that we're here, I have no idea where 'here' is. 

"You can take it off!" Bryan says, unable to contain his excitement. It seems to be infectious because I am grinning from ear to ear before the blindfold is off. 

I blink rapidly, trying to adjust to the sudden change in lighting. "Oh my god, Bryan!" I yell. I'm torn between feeling ecstatic, annoyed and angry because in front of me stands the perfect office space; the one that I looked at but decided I couldn't afford and gave up on. 

It's perfect! The location is central but the office is partially soundproof so we won't get a lot of outside noise. There are multiple food options around and it's located on the ground floor for easy access. Also, it's only a ten minute drive from my house and if I happen to move in with Bryan, some time in the future, it's only a fifteen minute drive from his house! 

As much as I love this office and it's so thoughtful of him to remember that I said I love it, I definitely can't let him pay for this. This is my business and I want to do it on my own. I really hope he didn't buy it for me because that would also mean he really doesn't know me as well as I thought. 

"I bought the complex, your office included," Bryan says with a huge grin and my heart sinks. He doesn't know me after all. 

I open my mouth to protest when Bryan continues talking. "I'm not giving you the office, I don't think you would like that." He pauses and pouts and a smile spreads across my face. He does know me! 

"Instead I'll rent it to you and you can choose how much you'd like to pay in rent per month," Bryan responds, concluding his offer. 

He has a hopeful gleam in his eyes and I can tell he wants me to accept his offer, but if I’m going to accept help to be able to afford this, I need it to be a fair exchange. As it stands, I'm benefiting far more than he is and I don't like that. I frown, getting ready to decline his offer and Bryan once again cuts me off. "To balance it out because clearly that's the main problem you have with this?" He raises an eyebrow and I nod as a smile plays at my lips. "I would like you to do some work on my parents' house but you have to promise to still charge them!" 

My face lights up at his offer. I'm getting my dream office and I'm going to meet his parents! 

"I sent my mom pictures of my new house once you were finished and she absolutely loves it! She immediately asked for my interior designer's number and when I told her that we were actually dating she was even more determined to hire you," Bryan informs me. "But my mom is a lot to handle and I didn't want to scare you off, so I put off this meeting for as long as possible." 

I don't know which one I'm more excited about! Meeting the parents is a big step in our relationship. "Do you think she'll like me?" I ask, suddenly unsure of myself. I've never met a boyfriend's parents before.

Bryan moves closer and wraps his arms around my waist and I lock my arms around the back of his neck. "I have no doubt she'll love you. I'm more worried about you liking her," he replies with a sheepish grin. "Does that mean that you'll be my new tenant?" 

"Yes." I stare into Bryan's enchanting, expressive, emerald eyes and see the relief and joy settled there. Entangling my hands in his hair, I pull him towards my lips. "I love you," I mumble before pecking his lips or more accurately his teeth since he breaks into a huge smile at my words. 

No matter how many times I've said those words to him, he always seems so delighted to hear them. It never fails to make him smile and bring happiness to his eyes. 

He manages to stop smiling long enough to place a chaste kiss to my lips. "I love you more," he replies, resting his forehead against mine. 

I chuckle and shake my head. "I love you most," I whisper with a smile plastered to my face and Bryan grins wider. 

Every time one of us says 'I love you', 'I love you more' comes after, followed by 'I love you most'. Bryan first said 'I love you most' after I unintentionally said 'I love you more' one time instead of 'I love you too' and it just stuck with us. 

We stay like this, simply enjoying each other's comfort, for a few minutes before Bryan pulls away. He picks up his briefcase from off of the ground and heads towards my new office. "Come on tenant, you have a lease to sign!" 

After looking around the space and making sure everything is in order, we are now sitting crossed legged on the spick and span floor while I read the lease. The office doesn't come with any furniture which is great because I already have an idea of how I want it to furnish it. I fill in the amount that I want to pay him for rent and hand the lease back to him. 

Bryan raises an eyebrow as he flips through the lease. "This is higher than I thought it would be. You still have to fully furnish the place and hire additional staff, even if you don't hire anyone immediately. Not to mention your personal expenses. You should rethink this." 

He holds out the lease and I take it. I know it's over budget and what he said makes sense but I still don't want to take advantage of his generosity. I bite my bottom lip and fiddle with the pen as I try to come up with a price. 

"I'll give you a price. This took way longer than expected and you promised me a surprise," Bryan says, swiping the lease from me. He writes a new number and I gasp.

"That's far too low-"

"It's a family and friends discount. No protesting," he grumbles, changing the amount on the copy of the lease that is for me before putting them both back into his briefcase. "I'll have these retyped with the fixed amount and I'll need you to resign them. In the meantime, here are the keys to your new office." 

I look around at the empty space and smile, already being able to see it coming to life once I furnish it. "When can I meet your mom and start working on her house?" 

"Didn't you just get a new client? I don't want my boyfriend overworking himself." Bryan pouts and crosses his arms. 

This is what I get for telling him everything. A soft smile accompanies that thought. That smile turns into a playful smirk as I crawl towards him. Bryan groans at the sight and I can already see his pants tightening. 

"What's my surprise?" Bryan reminds me once again. I come to a halt in a kneeling position in front of him and very slowly open a few of my shirt buttons in a suggestive manner. "A strip tease, yes please." His voice comes out husky and his eyes are glued to my body. 

I chuckle and move my hand to fish around in my pocket. Bryan grumbles in protest, clearly wanting me to continue the show. My hand finally encloses around the box and with one fluid motion, I extract and open it to reveal the couple's bracelets I got us. 

Bryan's mouth hangs open as he stares at the silver bracelets with fairly thick links. The bracelets are identical and in the middle of each bracelet, there's a flat surface which has an engraving. One of the engravings says 'I love you more' and the other one says 'I love you most'. 

When his gaze drifts up to mine, shock, love and happiness are swirling around his eyes. "These are beautiful." His voice comes out barely above a whisper and he looks back down to delicately touch the bracelet. "Dibs on the I love you most."

I chuckle and crawl into his lap. I knew he would pick that one! "Which hand do you want it on?" He holds out his left hand and I clasp it around his wrist and he does the same for me. I smile as I survey his larger hand gently stroking my smaller one. Glancing up to his face, I can't help but think of how much I love this man.

Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to vote and/ or leave comments! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 3.7K 28
This story is what I imagine after the confrontation between the minor and major family. ---------------------------------------------------- "I may...
Mine By Kate

Romance

276K 7K 65
" what's wrong," he asked, fucking tears, now I have to answer him " nothing I'm fine," I said he scoffed " I didn't ask are you okay but obviously y...
266K 10K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...
307K 10.4K 40
✔️ | What happens if you fall for a man after only a few dates? And what do you do when he disappears from your life after an amazing night of sex...