Demon: Book 1

By varzanic

-Demon Series: Book 1- Aden Perri has problems. The last day of school his girlfriend calls it quits... More

Demon Information: eBook
Demon Information: Print
Chapter 1: Asexual
Chapter 2: I Hate Dogs
Chapter 3: Summer Job
Chapter 4: The Wonders of Mother Nature
Chapter 5: Cleaning Duty
Chapter 6: Pitch Black
Chapter 7: He's Definitely Different
Chapter 8: Boundaries, or Lack There Of...
Chapter 9: An Unexpected Guest
Chapter 10: Two wolves
Chapter 11: Confession
Chapter 12: My Territory
Chapter 13: Party Mishaps
Chapter 14: Denial
Chapter fifteen: Simply Follow
Chapter 16 His Many Forms
Chapter 17: Super Spit
Chapter 18: You Can't Come
Chapter 19 Marked as Mine
Chapter 20: Warning
Chapter 21: Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 22: Caught in the Act
Chapter 23: Doors Remain Open
Chapter 24: A White Lie
Chapter 25: No Boys
Chapter 26: Final Hour
Chapter 27: Northern Rocky Ridge
Chapter 28: Treasure Trove of Junk
Chapter 29: Engagement
Chapter 30: The Note
Chapter 31: The Grove
Chapter 32: Failing
Chapter 33: My List of Problems
Chapter 34: Soggy Lunch
Chapter 35: A Picture
Chapter 36: No Sex
Chapter 37: Cell Phone
Chapter 38: Lesson Learned
Chapter 39: Brutal Honesty
Chapter 40: A Ticket
Chapter 41: Conflicting Advice
Chapter 42: Base Acid
Chapter 43: A Flat Lip and a Black Eye
Chapter 44: Eating Our Vegetables
Chapter 45: I Never Said
Chapter 46: Mom's in Charge
Chapter 47: Dinner with the Enemy
Chapter 48: Thanksgiving Horrors
Chapter 50: You're Grounded
Chapter 51: Just a Few Adjustments
Chapter 52: The Perfect Sub
Chapter 53: Frozen Waterfalls
Chapter 54: Orange Juice
Chapter 55: Happy Birthday
Chapter 56 Date Night
Chapter 57: Late
Chapter 58: Hunting Down Titus
Chapter 59: Because of Me
Chapter 60: It's Just Pretend
Chapter 61: Flattery
Chapter 62: Touchy at Times
Chapter 63: True Form
Chapter 64: Tomorrow After School
Chapter 65: Hunters
Chapter 66: Shots Fired
Chapter 67: Overbearing In-Laws
Chapter 68: Water Falls Moments
Chapter 69: Full Moon
First Proof: Demon in Print

Chapter 49: Just Facts

62.8K 3.1K 1.2K
By varzanic

Chapter 49

Just Facts

"It smells so good." Titus squeezed my shoulders as he waited behind me. "I love this holiday already."

I glanced over at my little cousin who had dumped his plates on the floor and was cry. "Yeah, it's great," I muttered.

We started down the food line, and Titus's plate quickly became a heap. He was struggling to keep it from falling off the sides as I strategically place my food to minimize touching. Once I had everything I wanted, I went to sit my parents, who were seated at the end of one of the long tables in the garage. Titus's family were with them as well. I put my plate down and went back for drinks. Seeing Titus's spilling some jello as he sat down, I grabbed him another plate as well.

"Here," I gave it to him and set the drinks down.

"Good idea." He gave me a grin as he scooted a portion of his food over.

My mother laughed softly. "You can go back for seconds, Titus."

"I got excited. I everything looks so good that I had to try it all." Picking up his fork, he did just that.

I ripped apart my roll and dipped it in the gravy covering over my potatoes.

"Aden never had an appetite like that," said my mother, shaking her head. "Even when he had that growth spurt freshman year, he just got thinner and thinner."

"Mom," I breathed. "I eat plenty." I glanced at my boyfriend to find he was nearly halfway done. I scanned the table and saw all our werewolves guests had nearly cleaned their plates. Darius was already heading back for more.

"Must run in the family," said my mother. "Quint never been much of an eater, so you must have gotten it from him."

Both my dad, and I sighed. I finished my plate, listening to my mother chat with Rose. They seemed to like each other. I hoped so because if I mated Titus they'd be in-laws. I peeked up at Xavier, who was scanning the room with his arms folded. And, he would be my father-in-law. I was not excited for that.

"Be back in a second." Titus stood and went back for seconds.

"Where does it go," breathed my mother. "Honestly, no human being can eat that much and not have a stitch of fat on them."

"We keep our boys busy," said Xavier. "They work hard, so they have to keep up their energy."

"What is it your family does for a living?" asked my mother, picking up the last bits of salad with her fork.

My dad squirmed in his seat, and I nervously waited to hear what the alpha came up with.

"Cattle," said Xavier. "Free range cattle, and we also own quite a bit of land."

"That would do it," laughed my mother. "I don't know if you're exactly the type to be a farmer's wife type. You're not very outdoorsy to begin with."

I heard chuckling around me from my uncles and aunts that had overheard. "I'm sure I'll figure it out."

Titus returned and didn't slow down for the second round in the slightest. I gathered up the used paper plates and threw them away. Stopping by the dessert table, I dished some for me and Titus.

My boyfriend's eyes grew wide when I sat it down in front of him.

"You got a lot of food for yourself?"

"It's for you too."

Titus shook his head. "I don't do sweets."

"You're going to try it." I poked at the chocolate pie. "Rose and Storm made this."

With a smirk, he glanced across the table. "I don't think anyone should be eating it then."

"Hey." Storm reached over and whacked his arm. "It's good." She motioned to Darius. "He's on his second piece."

Darius nodded. "Didn't know my wife was such a good cook." He kissed her cheek, before going back to devouring everything in sight.

"I'll go get you one," said Rose, patting Xavier's arm as she stood to leave.

"Not to big. I'm not one for sweets either."

I held up my fork to Titus.

"I'm good, really." He stuffed a roll was turkey to the point it was difficult for him to keep it all on the bun.

"If I sprinkle bacon on it, would you eat it?"

Giving me a look that said he clearly was not amused, he quickly ate the pie off the end of my fork. "Hmmm... not bad, not bad at all."

I picked at my favorite dessert, before sliding the plate over to Titus. He may not like sweet, but if there's food in front of him, he'll eat it, and in the end, he did finish off the last of it.

"Are you done?" I asked.

Titus leaned back in his chair and nodded. "I love eating here. It always so good."

"Well thank you, Titus," said my mom as she started to clean up. "I'm always happy to have you around. I never have to worry about trying to get these two to each leftovers the next day." She nodded to my father and me.

I shrugged. "I get it from dad."

My father scoffed and stood. "And your wit from your mother." He ruffled my hair, before going with his brothers inside.

Grabbing Titus's hand, I led him outside to the backyard. The place was overran by children, so we slipped around front and sat down on the hood of his family's SUV.

"It's a nice day for November." Titus glanced up at the sky.

"Do you already have snow?"

"About half a foot."

"I really don't like snow," I sighed. "Besides Christmas, I'm not a fan of winter at all."

"It's not so bad." He pulled me over to him and situated me between his legs. He draped his arms over my shoulder. "It's nice actually. In the summer we're always in human form, but winter we can be in ourselves without dying of heat."

A truck drove past and I glanced up at it. Chris again. The guy was annoying. "Which form do you prefer?"

"Werewolf, the way I was born." He laid his head against mine.

"I want to see what a baby werewolf looks like."

"There's some pups at the cave. They're not newborn. Around three and four, but they're still too young to know how to shift."

"Hmmm... you really aren't human. You have to learn to look like this." I looked over my shoulder and scanned his face. "Was it weird? The first time you saw yourself as human."

"It's kinda like being reborn," he chuckled. "It's different, though. Learning to take wolf form, wasn't nearly as shocking as suddenly finding yourself furless."

I took in a deep breath, and watch Chris's truck pass by again. "It's going to be the opposite for me. Being covered in fur," I rubbed my hand up and down my arm. "I'm not even into a ton of body hair."

Titus turned me around. "You don't seem to mind when I'm covered in hair." He pressed his forehead to mine.

"I like your fur. It's soft."

He dramatically through his head back. "Way to insult a dominant's pride.

"It is though," I exclaimed. "It's not the most luscious thing out there, but it's still soft."

Titus's lifted my chin. "You'll be gorgeous. I can already tell."

My face heat up, and I sucked in my lips. "Maybe, we'll have to wait and see."

The truck passed again.

"I think he's doing it on purpose," said Titus.

"Well, Chris is an ass." I shrugged.

Titus smiled and slipped an arm around my waist.

"What are you doing?" I narrowed his eyes at him. "Don't get me into trouble. I have in a couple class this trimester, so just because he's ignoring me now, doesn't mean that can't change."

The smirk never left the boy's face.

"I mean it Titus-"

He kissed me hard as the sound of the truck's engine approached. I tried to pull away, but Titus's didn't let go. I opened my eyes to see him flipping Chris off as he passed. The truck engine revved, before it took off down the road.

I shoved Titus back and wiped my mouth. "Seriously?"

He leaned back on the hood with a content look on his face. "Just reminding him that you're still mine, that's all."

"I'm not a possession," I said plainly, letting him pull me close.

"Hmmm..." Titus placed a light kiss on my lips. "I like that. A man who won't take any shit."

I shook my head. "My family right over there, so you can stop trying to sweet talk me."

"Just facts, Aden." He kissed me hard, slipping his tongue in for a moment. "Just facts."

***

We stood around the pack's SUV as Xavier and my father tried to get it started.

"It's been in the garage for awhile," breathed Xavier. "We don't use it often. It was running weird on the way here."

"We could try and make it back," suggested Darius.

"Might break down before you get there," said my dad. "I think it's just a bad spark plug. They stores are closed for the holiday, or I could take you into town to get a replacement."

Xavier groaned and rubbed his forehead.

"It's not that bad," said Rose, rubbing her mate's back. "Sounds like an easy fix."

"We'll just try and make it home," said the alpha. "Nothing else can be done."

"Oh no," said my mother, hurrying up the sidewalk to the house. "You can stay the night. I'll go make up the guest bedroom."

"You don't have nearly enough room for all of us," said the alpha.

"The office has a pull out couch, and Titus can sleep in the living room, so don't you worry one bit." She flashed us a smile before disappearing inside.

My dad patted Xavier's back as he passed. "I'll take you to town in the morning."

The alpha grumbled under her breath and marched into the house.

We followed him back inside as my mother hurried about getting blankets and pillows.

"Aden take this to the office." She handed me a stack of bedding. "Storm, Darius, Aden's going to show you where you're sleeping." She grabbed my arm and pulled me to her. "Make the bed, don't just throw it on the couch. They're guest."

"Yes, ma'am," I sighed, marching up the stairs.

I kicked open the office door and flipped on the light. Dropping the stack on my dad's swivel chair, I took out the cushions. It took me a couple tried to yank out the bed, but I finally got it.

"Sleepover at the Perri's," chuckled Darius as he entered. "Don't be sneaking about tonight, Aden." He tapped his nose. "I'll be able to tell."

"Leave him alone, Darius," said Storm, squeezing passed her mate. "This is nice." She sat down on the bed.

"My mom had a cushion for it. I'll go get it."

I sidestep passed Darius and went to the storage closet. Returning, I laid the thick pad out and started putting on the sheets. Storm helped, and once we were finished, Darius flopped down on it.

"Not bad at all."

His mate sat down at his side, and he quickly put his arm around her. He sat up and kissed her neck. "That door locks right."

I froze.

"Don't torture the poor boy." Storm slapped his arm. "We prefer to sleep in a certain forms. That's all he's implying."

"I was hoping for more," he muttered.

"Not tonight," replied Storm, patting his cheek. "You can wait."

"It's does lock, so," I backed toward the door, "if you need anything, just let my mom know." I darted into the hall.

The door to the guest room was open, and my mom was putting fresh blankets on the bed.

"Really, Karen we can go home," said Xavier.

"You're making a fuss about nothing." She tossed a pillow to the headboard. "See already done." She turned toward the door. "Aden, get Titus some bedding, would you?"

I nodded. "'kay."

"And Aden," she leaned against the door frame. "You are to sleep in your room, and Titus is to sleep downstairs. Am I understood?"

"Yes, ma'am," I breathed.

She grabbed my chin. "Not until marriage, sweetheart."

I forced a smile, though the alpha laughing in the background could not be overlooked.

After finding some things for Titus, I carried them downstairs and put them on the floor. Titus was sprawled across the couch, watching the last game of the night with my dad.

"You'll be sleeping upstairs, right Aden?" said my father.

I rolled my eyes and let out a huff. "Really, I get it. We can't sleep together. You guys don't need to keep reminding me." Turning sharply, I marched upstairs and went to my room. They were all being ridiculous. I had self control, and I'd prove it.

***

I tiptoed down the stairs and sat down on the floor by the couch. Titus rolled over and rubbed his eyes.

"What are you doing?"

I shrugged.

"You're going to get me in trouble."

"I came to you. You'd only be in trouble if my parents found you in my room."

Titus lifted the blanket. I crawled over him and slipped between him and the couch.

"It's been awhile since we slept together," he whispered.

I pressed into him. "I'm cold."

He laughed. "Here." He unwrapped the blanket from himself and put it around me. He was only in his underwear. "Better."

I nodded. "What about you?"

"I'm used to the cold. You're enough to keep me warm." He hugged me tightly to his chest.

"When did you start wearing underwear?"

"On special occasion, I go full human."

I smiled. "Well, my mother will thank you in the morning for going full human."

He brushed back my hair and kissed my forehead. "What's keeping you up?"

"Just thinking, about us." I pulled the blanket to my chin. "After today, it kinda reminded me that when I graduate things are really going to change." I looked into his eyes. "I'm going to be a werewolf, Titus, and that scares me a little. I barely know anything about your kind." I bit my lip. "I don't want to mess up and have your dad mad at me."

"My dad wouldn't do anything to you," Titus said plainly. "Hell, the man went to a human Thanksgiving for me. Your mom did some convincing, but he still did it for me." He brushed the back of his hand down my face. "He'd never hurt you. You'll be my mate, and a part of his family. The pack sticks together always, and each smaller family within is closer than that. No one will hurt you. And if they did, it would probably be my dad who'd hunt them down." He gave me a smile and pressed his lips to mine. "I'm going to be there to teach you everything. You and me, will figure it out together."

I nodded and took in a deep breath. "That's make me feel a lot better."

"Good." He repositioned me in his arms. "Good night."

Sitting up, I gave him a soft kiss. "Good night."

***

I heard tapping, rhythmic tapping, and the low sound of someone clearing their throat. Rubbing my eyes, I sat up.

"Aden," said my mother. "Did you get lost on the way to your room?"

I smiled at her sheepishly. "Sorry."

She shook her head with a sigh. "Titus, please put a few more clothes on, before my husband sees you." She looked to me. "You better have something on under that blanket."

My face blared red. "Mom." I covered my face.

Titus unwrapped the blanket from around me. "Yep, sweatpants."

I yanked the blanket down. "Stop it."

Laughing, he slid out from under me and put on his pants. I watched him put on his shirt, curled up in the blanket.

"Coming?" He motioned to the kitchen.

"In a minute."

"'kay." He leaned down and kissed me, before leaving.

Groaning, I sat up and stretched out my arms. I swung my feet to the floor, and slowly made my way to the stairs. I met Darius coming out of the bathroom.

He dramatically sniffed the air. "Naughty, naughty," he sang as he went back to the office.

"Shut up," I hissed. Going to my room, I slammed the door. I hated werewolves, sometimes.

After getting dressed, I went back downstairs to find Titus watching my mother intently as she fried up bacon. One by one the rest of the household arrived. After breakfast, my dad took Xavier to get the parts they needed. Titus and I watched morning TV with the girls, while the three men fixed the SUV.

Rose and Storm were leaning over to look at something on my mom's phone. They had that 'aw' look on their face.

"What is that?" I tried to get a glimpse of the screen.

My mother turned the phone to me. It showed a picture of me and Titus from this morning.

"Mom!" I threw back my head. "You took a picture. What if dad sees it?"

She chuckled. "He already knows, sweetheart."

I sunk into the couch. Titus placed his hand on my knee and rubbed my thigh.

"It's running," announced my father as he entered the house.

"Oh good," my mother went to the kitchen. "Rose, I have some leftover I wrapped up for the boys, and those recipes you wanted."

I went with Titus to the entryway, while the women said their last goodbyes. Xavier nodded to the door. I followed him outside with Titus.

He peered down at me. "I talked with your father, and we agree that it's time to tell your mother about us."

I sucked in my lips. "Um...wow, really." I scratched the back of my neck. "How do... do you plan to?"

"We spent a holiday with you, and Rose is inside right now, asking your mother to come spend a week of your Christmas break with us."

My shoulder dropped. "That soon."

Xavier smiled. "It's clear who has the final say on whether you two can become mates. Even I can't save you, if she says no." He turned to leave. "Let's go Titus."

My boyfriend gave me a hug and kissed my cheek. "She'll be fine with it. She accepted you were gay right away. This werewolf thing won't be that big of deal. You'll see."

"Yeah," I replied hesitantly. "Let's hope."

"She'll be fine with it." He kissed me deeply. "Bye." With a wave, he walked to the van.

Darius emerged from the house with Storm. "See you in a couple weeks, Aden." He flashed me a smirk. "From what I hear, it's going to be interesting."

My chest tightened. Oh god, I was doomed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

889K 42.3K 39
(BOOK 1) Drew Lyall knew his life would be full of obstacles. It was the fate he shared with all of the Omegas. Even though he knew the unlikelihood...
62.9K 2.5K 25
Uri Willis is the school hottie who is extremely "to die for". He is also a werewolf and the next-in-line Alpha in the River Blood pack, and he also...
65.3K 3.1K 45
Liam Forsythe was not dealt an easy hand. On the day he was born, his dad, family and their entire wolf pack were massacred by a rival. The only reas...
369K 17.1K 22
Book TWO- The Ultimate Sun series Hank had gone through so much lately. His mothers death, him becoming a werewolf, and his best friend, who he secr...