Only the rich

By hamlynjj

From the moment Aurelia Beaumont was conceived she was a growing protégée. She is the only child of her socia... More

Delephene
a new way
Dirty Freddys
London
making my entrance
golden boys
A headache
cars

News

1.2K 34 5
By hamlynjj

As soon as I arrived back at Jax's penthouse, I practically run to get into bed, chucking my shoes at the door on my way.

" Goodnight Aurelia " he shouts as he also retreats to his own room at the other end of the other house.

I don't bother replying as my head had already hit the soft silk pillow.

I met Jax the day I landed at Moscow airport. My chauffeur had been late and I was in the middle of cursing everyone I saw who would look at me the wrong way,  When a stranger with long blonde hair, a very odd looking leather jacket and skinny jeans had come up to me and asked if I needed to know where a toilet was because apparently my raising hell upon everyone look somehow ended up being interpreted to me looking constipated. I ended up telling him my situation not realising quite who he was until a group of screaming teenage girls came running our way. in the end he offered to personally drive me to my new school himself, and who was I to say no to a very good looking boy. We hit it off immediately and he explained who he was to me in the car and since I personally understood and could relate to his struggle with the world of paparazzi and status, not quite the screaming girls though. We were able to talk freely with one another and not use any fake facades. we even exchanged numbers and from there its been history. He was also the one to introduce me to Matilda when we went to one of her premieres he got invited to for a new movie of hers, and since then it has been the three of us. 

I wake up begrudglying thanks to the sunshine filtering through the curtains in Jax's spare bedroom.

"ehhhhh" I let out a groan " please sun, let me sleep I promise I will never drink again"

" Matilda, call a doctor Auerlia is talking to the voices in her head again " I hear a cackle from outside my room obviously coming from Matilda in response to the joke Jax had just made.  

Jax walks in the room with a glass of water and a Panadol tablet " I was going to give you this but I think the mental hospital may be more fitting for you "

" Haha Jax if only they would let me in to get away from your horrible sense of humour " I say sitting up reaching for the glass and tablet  "what's the time?" 

" 3 in the afternoon" Matilda says entering the room more bubbly than usual.

" you so got laid didn't you " I state.

Jax bursts out laughing and Matildas face turns bright red. 

" My sex life Aurelia is NONE of your business" 

" it will be when you get an STD and won't stop whining about it to us " I reply making Jax fully fall to the ground in hysterics,  while Matilda leaves the room as fast as she can. 

" Jax you are making the ground look dirty, so please be a gentleman and help me out of this bed. im starving!" he looks at me from the floor offended. 

"fine, I will get up myself" I pull back the covers that my legs were entangled in and let my feet hit the floor before lifting myself off the bed and standing up straight to stretch my body. I feel around my face feeling the icky feeling of makeup still on my skin.

" I'm going for a shower " I say making my way to the ensuite that is connected to my room.           I let the shower run for a few minutes before I hop in, letting me have time to take in what god awful mess I look like in the mirror. My long hair is completely knotted, the mascara and eyeliner that was doing my eyes so much justice last night now looks as if someone has really given me some justice by giving me two black eyes " gross ".

My shower is short and quick as halfway through I remembered what time Matilda has said It was. I still had so much to do before I left, let alone tell my two friends that I am leaving them to go back to London. 

I enter Jax's living room in a fresh set of clothes and my hair fully detangled, to find both Matilda and Jax watching the new episode of The Witcher, without me !

"Excuse me! what do you guys think you are doing watching the new episode without me" I exclaim.

" We are only 5 minutes in, I promise" Jax sheepishly smiled at me.

"Yeah" Matilda said " you were taking so Long that we couldn't wait, but now that you are here we can restart it and watch it together".

"You guys aren't off the hook just yet" I seat myself in the corner of Jax's large white couch making sure im comfortable before looking up to watch the new episode on his new 292 inch tv screen. 

"That cliffhanger is going to be the death of me" Matilda declares once the credits start.

"Agreed" I say getting up to get a drink from the kitchen, I hear feet trailing after to me making me ask if either of them also want a water bottle from the fridge, they both say yes making me throw them over to them from behind the kitchen bench.               

"Sooo  Aurelia I remember last night you told us that you had some news to share with us" I felt their attention shift to me.

I slowly turn around and hesitate, I take a good look at them both of them already feeling my heart sink thinking about leaving them, telling them the news that our trio will now be Turing into a pair. Both Jax and Matilda have helped me so much here, they always respected and were always willing to make plans around my hectic schedule when they could of done it just themselves and left me out even though they are both a few years older than me and have lives of their own, they still chose to befriend me. 

" she's pregnant I knew it, Matilda you owe me a fiver " I look at them in disbelief.

" you guys bet on what I would annouce " 

" hey! don't hate the players, hate the game Aurelia" typical Jax, just typical "but for reals Aurelia spit it out or I might have to put in another bet"  Matildas looks at him eagerly " Oh your on Singlet---" I cut her off before they can make another stupid bet.

" Im leaving guys " I blurt out, their attention is now back on me but I don't have the courage to look them in the eyes " Im leaving tomorrow to go back to London " Theres a moment of silence before they the start shouting at me. 

" What" Jax comments first.

" if this is a joke you can tell us Aurelia, we promise if you are pregnant Jax and I will stop betting" Matilda says next.

I finally look up at them " its not a joke guys, my father called me last night to tell me that I will be going back to London on Sunday no negotiating,  hence the abrupt text to go clubbing " their faces are full of disbelief. 

"Oh Aurelia, we are so sorry " Matilda walks round the island Bench to come give me a hug, while Jax just stands there. " I promise we will come visit you whenever we get a free second, right Jax " Matilda says looking over towards Jax. 

" yeah, of course" he finally says " when do you leave?" 

" Tomorrow morning" 

"WHAT Aurelia that is in a few hours" I suddenly grab my phone looking for the time, its 7pm.           I really do leave in a few hours. 

" Im going to miss you guys more than anything" Matilda hugs my side tighter " I just want to say that you guys ... that you guys have been a blessing in my life and I am just so thankful to have even of meet  you let alone call you my friends" Matilda is now sniffling and struggling to hold back her tears, Jax still looks stunned. 

 I don't know what to do with myself, and from the look of how the time is ticking by I figure its best go. I don't want to make this goodbye harder than it is. 

I slowly unlatch Matildas arms from around me and wipe the tears from her face, " Im going to get going guys" I say warily "if you are ever In London give me a ring or just give me a ring in general if you want"  

" I'll try call or message you whenever I can, I promise!  im going to miss you so much Aurelia!" Matilda hugs me one last time. 

I walk over to Jax so that I am standing directly in front of him " Jax?"  all he does is latch his arms around me and buries his head in my neck, I can't help but let out a tear. He was the first ever real friend I have ever had, the first real person I knew I could rely on after Delephenes death.  

" Ill visit you any chance I get Aurelia! you better not forget about me when you are in London having your tea and scones with the queen" I cough out a laugh and slowly pull away from hims that I am looking into his bloodshot brown eyes. 

" I could never forget the son of the dilf I so much very like" I tease him which makes him shake his head and smile at me. I let go of him and walk to the front door where my black Alexander McQueen shoes are waiting for me to pick up. 

I turn to look back at the family I was given a second chance to have and smile at them more broadly than I have in years " Thank you for everything " and before they can reply I step out the apartment door hearing it click a few seconds later to tell me that not only had i closed the door but to also show me that I had just ended a large chapter in my life and am about to start another . 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

the boarders By s

Mystery / Thriller

150 0 25
"she was the apple of everyone's eye, adored by many, but hated by so many equally..." when seventeen year old socialite Aurelia Fulton goes missing...
1.2K 293 44
....tears begin to form in my eyes "Please Jay, you can't tell anyone. What can I do for you to not tell people?" I beg. "Nothing" he says unmoving...
305 39 16
AN ORIGINAL ALSO WRITING ON INKITT Tulsi joins the prestige Academy of Bourgeoisie, that is famous for only accepting students from the wealthiest fa...